Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Beginner pumpkins: Great article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Beginner pumpkins
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beginner pumpkinsReplies: 1, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LLMac
Mountain Grove, MO

November 24, 2008
10:55 PM

Post #5827403

I'm still fairly new to Dave's Garden but am really enjoying the great articles like this one. I've never grown pumpkins but hope to try if Spring EVER comes... This web site is kind of like having a virtual garden when it's too cold to "play outside."

I think the concept of "snow angels" is more universal than you know. I have a friend who's an older lady, but very active and spry. She told me she missed making snow angels but was afraid if any of her neighbors saw her fall down in the snow they would immediately call 911. Your "compost angel" word picture brightened my day. I don't think I want to actually try that (LOL), but it's a great way to help people like me remember the concept. Thanks for a great article!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 25, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5828353

Thank you LLMac, for your nice comments!
I wasn't sure how universal a snow angel is. And yes, if I saw that neighbor on the ground flailing, I would probably be concerned!!! Consider the brightening repaid, (smile)
Sally

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beginner pumpkins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
how nice Dutchlady1 3 Nov 25, 2008 2:55 AM
Perfect Timing ! nanny_56 3 Nov 24, 2008 4:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America