Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Upper Midwest Gardening: Chicago area craft show..Anyone going

Communities > Forums > Upper Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Upper Midwest GardeningReplies: 12, Views: 120
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ChinookCottage
smalltown, IL

November 27, 2008
4:30 PM

Post #5835888

The Lambs Farm Show was one of the first of its kind. It began in 1982 at Arlington Racecourse as a way to bring a large number of artists and craftspeople together with a large contingent of enthusiasts and shoppers. In 1985 the show shifted to the O’Hare Expo Center (now the Stephens Convention Center) and has been there ever since.

This year’s event will be held December 4 - 7 and the hours are: Thursday, 11am - 7pm; Friday 10am - 9pm; Saturday 10am - 5 pm; and Sunday 10am - 5pm.

I plan on going on Saturday
ChinookCottage
smalltown, IL

November 29, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5839178

keelybird57
Aurora, IL

December 1, 2008
5:04 PM

Post #5847613

Thanks for the information. I'm new to the Chicago area. I have been looking for a good arts and crafts show but have managed to miss the 2 or 3 I have heard about. Maybe I can get to this one!
Judy
ChinookCottage
smalltown, IL

December 2, 2008
1:26 AM

Post #5849135

Judy;
Please do try and make it..
Another DG member is planning on joining me..
We are going on saturday.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2008
2:20 PM

Post #5850609

I think my son went last year with his G/F and her mom... said it was PACKED.
but came home with some cool toys for the pooch!!
jasmerr
Merrimac, WI
(Zone 4b)

December 3, 2008
2:22 PM

Post #5854062

I probably won't be able to go (working), but I appreciate the information. Maybe I can get time off next year for the event.

crazy4brugs

crazy4brugs
Kansasville, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 7, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #5868658

Country how was the Lambs Farm Show?
ChinookCottage
smalltown, IL

December 8, 2008
12:47 AM

Post #5868980

Crazy4brugs
I wasn't able to go after all..
My car's in the shop(hopefully being able to get fixed)..The assost pipe came off in the front by the engine..So am going to call the guy in the morning..My newphew is a sweetheart and letting me use his car for a few days until I get my car back..
Really bummed about not going..
keelybird57
Aurora, IL

December 8, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5868994

I didn't go, either. I can't imagine 600 vendors. I'd be on overload! Sorry you didn't make it, CountryBlueLady. Next year, right?

crazy4brugs

crazy4brugs
Kansasville, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #5870087

Sorry to hear about your car. Hope it's fixed fast.
medinac
Bensenville, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #5977508

I've gone to this Craft Show, it is fantastic and well worth the trip The parking at Rosemont is expensive - just as a warning to those who don't know - I want to say $10 last time I went. And then somewhere around $7 entrance fee. The food is quite expensive too. You park across the street in a parking garage and then they have an enclosed overpass you walk through to get to the convention center. It's quite a bit of walking, especially after buying all those goodies! Most of the vendors will hold the heavy stuff for you until you are ready to leave. Just be sure you mark the booth on your brochure, because it is huge so you don't forget or lose the location.

CountryBlueLady - I'm sorry you didn't make it there this year. I've not gone in many years so I've forgotten... I used to go to one craft show at Arlington Park before Christmas and then it seems a Spring one (nearing Easter) at Rosemont. Are they both only at Rosemont now?

I also love the craft show at Amish Acres in Napanee, Indiana. I've always wanted to go to Cranfest in Wisconsin but I haven't been able to get a hotel room up there! I hear it's fantastic too.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2009
2:13 PM

Post #5980953

>>I've always wanted to go to Cranfest in Wisconsin but I haven't been able to get a hotel room up there! I hear it's fantastic too.

I went to this in `07 ... we left at 6am, took less than an hour to get there, and even though it was not technically "open" yet... the traffic was backed up a mile or so getting into town.

DH said he'd never go back. Too many people ... yes, they have a lot of great stuff ... I think we were home by noon.

I have a thread in here somewhere on it.

now, we just stick to local Flea markets and craft shows.

OH -- here's the thread on Cranberry Fest == > http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/772445/
medinac
Bensenville, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2009
6:45 PM

Post #5996848

Well, maybe we could just make a day of it too. And if the crowds are that bad, then that would be enough for me! I go with my friend/neighbor for "girls weekend". I'm sure we could find other things to do. I know I saw a write up in Midwest Magazine about making the rounds to garden centers in southern/central Wisconsin and they gave a map of the route they took. That sounded like fun...we could do that too!

Thanks tcs for the tip!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America