Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cooking: Gadget Advice

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 4, Views: 94
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 27, 2008
4:31 PM

Post #5835890

A thread to ask if someone has an item you are looking to buy.

Right now I'm wanting to get a juicer for DH and this model seems nice, but doesn't say if it can hold a grapefruit for juicing? I know DH wouldn't want an electric version. We live on the gulf coast and so self reliance without electricity is something we've had to consider LOL and wouldn't it be nice to have a glass of fresh lemonade in the midst of some tropical storm :)

Sooooo does anyone have this one? Or, if not, can you post a link to a manual juicer you do have that you are happy with?

http://www.amazon.com/Chefn-Juicester-Citrus-Juicer-Reamer/dp/B000FW3X0C/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

December 1, 2008
6:51 AM

Post #5846538

Well I bought that juicer. I'll have to post my review to Amazon once we try it. :) Nice to live in a zone we can have citrus trees in so I imagine we'll get a lot of use out of this gadget.
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 19, 2008
2:18 PM

Post #5907791

How do you like the juicer? I have electric but use it very rarely now that I no longer live near the inexpensive oranges and lemons.

I have been shopping for a new better espresso maker for over a year and still have not settled on a choice.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

December 19, 2008
2:50 PM

Post #5907895

DH loves it! And although reviews weren't clear if you could do grapefruits to YOU CAN, it has a bigger attachment piece to do so.

And yet the whole thing is small.

Easy to use and DH was impressed how much faster and better it works than doing by hand.
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 20, 2008
9:38 AM

Post #5911059

:)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America