Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The Christmas Flowerpot Cafe (sweet sixteen)

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 176, Views: 739
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 29, 2008
8:26 PM

Post #5841521

Hello and Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe'.

This is a friendly place to pop in for a cuppa! 'Tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la la..
We need YOUR help to decorate the cafe for Christmas. 'Anything goes' so please bring in your Christmas trees, decorations,cards,artworks,table arrangements, welcome wreaths,swags, food, drinks and any other goodies!!
Indoor or outdoor arrangements are welcome. Have fun , ho ho ho!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 30, 2008
7:58 AM

Post #5843355

Fa, la ,la ,la, laaaaaah- la, la, la, laaaaaaaah!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 30, 2008
8:50 AM

Post #5843371

Neat tree!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 30, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #5843907

hi all
i thing about what to do
it all debend what my work give me for day off
i need to find some idea for this year
i was going to make picture candle
but no one seen to like that idea
elle p.s.
need idea please
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 30, 2008
5:12 PM

Post #5844307

Here's something for the tables. Hope everyone's having a good time decorating for the holidays!

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 1, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5847391

Hi everyone! It smells lovely in here with the fresh roses.

Sue, good to see you are rehearsing for the carol singing!!! lol

Zany, Thank you! I found the tree candle holder in a junk shop and put some conifer inside instead of a candle! The trunk is cinnamon sticks with some moss around the base.

elle, We are all on the look out for new ideas LoL! I'll be bringing the latest christmas flower arranger magazine in soon, there might be a few ideas in that.

Karma, Thank you for the bouquet of roses, they are arranged beautifully!
We haven't started decorating the house yet, but will be soon!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
4:21 PM

Post #5847422

Happy holidays y'all. I brought some wintergreen for the window sills, chocolate covered goodies to get your fill and strands of mistletoe to give you a thrill. Ho didley do. hehehe
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 1, 2008
4:28 PM

Post #5847453

Hello Plantgeek,
Are you at the library? hope you get your computer sorted soon! Thanks for coming out to say hello and bringing us lots of goodies!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2008
4:45 PM

Post #5847531

What a great start to a new thread, that tree is quite a piece of art. Karma, so nice to see you. The roses are such a vibrant red and they look really Christmassy next to the window with Plantgeeks greenery.
I need to know which arch is getting the mistletoe as I want to stay away from that ! Although a little mistletoe might bring Steven back from across the street.
Sue, are you singing that to the guitar you play so well, or just humming while you work?
Zany, do hope that Bob is doing better today, perhaps that pie you made him will fix him right up. You are quite the gem and Bob is sure lucky to have you!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #5847538

Good news, DW remembered that her laptop can be hooked into something or other here at home. Yayh!!!! We still have to get another, but at least we don't have to bother with the constraints of the library.
Terri, check your Dmail please.

Hello Karma. I don't believe we have met. Lovely fleurs and so fragrant. That really cheers up a blustery day. Thanks for bringing them.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
4:59 PM

Post #5847595

Oh, poor Candee. I've put mistletoe up everywhere, especially where the eggnog is served. hehehe Have a mug? lol Ok, I'll take a few down, replace them with wreaths of downy plantain and beauty berries. And for the sake of being eclectic, I brought amaryllis "Pink Floyd".
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2008
5:17 PM

Post #5847656

Pink Floyd is surely a mod, mod centerpiece on that table looking out at Stevens. Thanks for taking a bit down as I was afraid I would have to purchase more chapstick to stick around here on every table! So glad you are back online and can decorate until your heart is content.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 1, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #5847668

Good morning. I hope everyone is well and ready to start the new week. I was working on a modernistic Christmas arrangement for the cafe and had it almost ready when I fell asleep (without saving it) When I woke up still in front of the computer it was gone :~P I'll have to try again later.

We are having a bit of a rough spell but this too shall pass. Bob has developed a small infection on the side of his fourth toe and needs to get to the clinic tomorrow and Friday but they don't have a bed for him to take the shuttle down and he can't drive himself. I may have to miss work to take him, which we can't afford and spend money on gas that we just don't have. We have been frantically leaving messages with his care provider at the VA and I am on pins and needles waiting for a call back. Praying for a miracle here!

The sugar free pumpkin pie actually came out quite well. Splenda sweetener holds it's sweet flavor in cooking better than anything else I have tried and I couldn't taste the difference myself!

Well, time to sweep up the floors and make the beds, run a couple errands, change Bob's dressings and get ready for work. I hope they call soon so I can squeeze in a half hour at the park with Pyxle to run off some of her excess energy from they turkey scraps she wolfed down.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
5:23 PM

Post #5847669

Lubdub, lubdub, lubdub. :)
Hey Steven, can you see us now? lol Come on over and have a cuppa.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
5:33 PM

Post #5847716

Zany, sorry to hear of the bad turn. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both. I don't know if you all would be interested, but there is good amout of info on treating diabetes with appropriate foods that have shown to have effected a balance of blood sugar to some degree. Not pushing this on you, only offering.

I brought a small keg of homemade mead, aged for 3 years and crystalized ginger drizzled with agave nectar. It's under the mistletoe. lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 1, 2008
5:34 PM

Post #5847721

Hi Candee and zany, good to hear from you both today!
Hope you get some help Zany, we don't want you tiring yourself out doing everything.

BIG kiss for DW Plangeek!!! she's come up trumps with the laptop!

Going to watch Liverpool soon, just thought I'd pop back in with our Advent calendar, first in the cafe gets to open the window for a chocolate surprise everyday. I do believe it was plantgeek today!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 1, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #5847733

open the window... christmas teddy and a Turkish delight!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 1, 2008
5:47 PM

Post #5847749

Why thank you Terri, that is quite nice of you to bring such a cool calender in. And I'm so delighted. lol Yummers! I'll pass along the teddy to a kiddo at our next iris club meeting. We are pooling toys for a give-away.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5847926

We better start gobbling those chocolates, wouldn't want them to melt there by the fire.
Zany, will keep you in my thoughts that this works out for you and Bob. You are such a wonderful person, I am sure something will work in your favor.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 1, 2008
7:06 PM

Post #5847979

Zany - here's hoping that you got the miracle you are wishing for.
3 year old mead - Plantgeek - I don't believe I have ever had some before. Crystalized ginger with agave nectar - how exotic!! After all that, and Terri's chocolate, I thought I would bring in something to balance out the menu. This is the latest I have ever gotten cherry tomatoes from my yard. I picked some for our Thanksgiving salad, and a bunch for all of you. Maybe Terri can rig up something and hang them as small Christmas ornaments?????

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5847990

Oh I am sure Terri already has her eye out for more of those beauties for the tree. I think next year we shall try growing some cherry maters, haven't done that before.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2008
5:29 PM

Post #5851168

Hi everyone, How's it going today?

No no no gobbling chocolates Candee, one a day!!!!

Dont tempt me Dianne, am I really that bad????LOL.
Your toms look sweet, they wont last long enough around here for decorations, yummy, well done to the grower!
Thanks for bringing delicious fresh food to the cafe.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #5852235

Opening the 2nd of December ... yummy fruit and nut with a couple of baubles for the tree.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 3, 2008
2:00 AM

Post #5852730

Dianne, I couldn't find any cherry tomatoes to play with ! but...
here's some fresh fruit to add to our healthy option menu!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 3, 2008
2:15 AM

Post #5852775

I 'found' the leaves in the neighbourhood, on the way home from the football the other night. LOL!
Satsumas, grapes and a glitter pineapple dressed up for your breakfast!! Enjoy.

Goodnight all, hope someone comes in the cafe tomorrow.
with Madame Woodonthewall for company, I can't hear myself think!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 3, 2008
2:52 AM

Post #5852885

edited because I hate whining and I was guilty!

Night night!

This message was edited Dec 3, 2008 12:30 AM
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 3, 2008
1:20 PM

Post #5853911

What a warming arraingement Terri. Think tropic!
Dianne, love those cherry tomatoes. So much fun to eat.
Ooops,gotta run y'all. Have a great day.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2008
1:37 PM

Post #5853949

Terri, that is one glitzy pineapple you made there. I just love the way you think. Sorry you are the only late night customer these days. I am just so tired from the holiday I haven't even gotten online in the evening. I'll try to do better, although we are headed to the cabin this weekend hoping to get a deer so we have some meat in the freezer and then in a couple weeks we will be off on holiday with lots to do inbetween. I will try though.
Zany, I do hope things have not gotten any worse for you, please hang in there and know we are all crossing our fingers for a positive outcome for you and Bob.
PG - have a good one today!
flowertips
Haslemere
United Kingdom

December 3, 2008
5:45 PM

Post #5854796

Hi to all at the cafe I've got a message from terri to say she wont be about for a couple of days as her internet has gone down, she asked me to say be good and look after things while she's away,and she's missing you all already.i will be talking to her on the phone to keep her up to date on on whats happening lol bye for now Trina
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2008
6:30 PM

Post #5854960

Thanks for the info Trina, we would surely have gotten concerned. Tell her we hope she can get back real soon.
Candee
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 3, 2008
11:39 PM

Post #5855867

Ditto to what Candee said. While your'e here Trina, help yourself to some fresh mango and peach slices, white chocolate covered almonds and ginger tea.

Good luck on the deer Candee. That reminds me to go to my Dad's house and pilfer a roast from his freezer. lol
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 4, 2008
3:38 AM

Post #5856753

Hi all. Bob is fianlly tucked away at the hospital and came out of surgery a little while ago. Now when he takes his socks off to count he can only go to 19 because one little piggy ran away from home. But his fever is down and the surgeon said the rest of the foot looks pretty good. We don't know how long he'll be there but at this point I plan on taking advantage of his stay and getting some rest and recouperation time in myself!

I may even find enough time to work on that cyber christmas decoration if I don't spend the free time sleeping.

plantgeek88, is that a venison roast you are pilfering? Yummmm
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2008
7:06 AM

Post #5857159

Zany - glad the rest of Bob's foot is OK. The sleep is well deserved, and you should get as much as you can.

I will be spending many nights here at the old cafe since I don't seem to get home until late these days. The dance studio is having a holiday showcase next Friday, and I am still learning two of the three routines that I am in. Wonder if Madame woodonthewall makes a good practice partner?

Candee - it has been years since I have had venison. One of my uncles used to bring us some when I was a kid. How many months of meat does one deer provide?

PG - thanks for bringing the fresh fruits and other goodies.

Terri - hope your internet comes back up soon. We miss you!!!!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 4, 2008
3:38 PM

Post #5857819

Zany, sorry to hear Bob lost a toe, but glad that he's doing better now and that you are getting rest. Here's to both of your healths. Yes, that would be a delicious venison roast, which I would be quite happy to share if y'all weren't so far away. I don't cook much, but that is one dish I do reasonably well (it's easy lol). Toss it in the croc pot with some veggies, seasonings, a little olive oil to make the meat succulent and viola, you have a good meal even if the cut of meat is not.

Soilsand, I'm sure Madame Woodsy would make a wonderful dance partner and would be most eager to shake off a few pounds after eating so many goodies here. Good luck on the dance routines and keeping up with holliday doings.

Things are getting a little busy here, poetry readings, contests, writing boatloads. The muse has gotten very active lately and my pen can barely keep up. Could be from all the sugar. lol I'm putting the finishing touches on the next book titled : Contains Scenes of Indigenous Nudity, and hope to have it out early next year provided I locate a new publisher.

Lurkey Sue must be busy in the weeds. Drop on by when you come up for air. I brought chocolate. hehehe

Hope eveyone and their chickens are well and happy and that Terri's puter gets fixed soon.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 4, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #5858365

soilsandup, I tried to post a reply last night but DG went down for a while and I gave up. I think Madame woodonthewall might be a bit stiff in her dancing and wood (punny groan) make a better audience than partner.

plantgeek88, That roast sounds heavenly to me...guess I'm going to have to beg one from one of the hunters around here.

Terri, get that computer fixed soon cause this place is not the same with you gone!

Now for some good news for a change. Bob just called and the Dr. said he has healed enough that they will be able to graft skin over the wound early next week! Even with the toe trouble that foot filled in twice as fast as it did when this happened 5 years ago. The wound vac they use now makes a world of difference. So if ya want a dance partner...join me in doing the happy dance!

Please pass the white chocolate covered almonds and ginger tea. I feel like celebrating!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5861673

I am doing the happy dance for you Zany, so glad to hear good news for you guys!
Dianne, we usually like to have 2 in the freezer for just the 2 of us. We use lots and lots of burger for sauces, barbeque, meatloaf and just anything you use burger in. Love the tenderloin on the grill, better than filet mignon and the rest we use for stew meat or get some chipped for cheesesteak sandwiches and chipped beef gravy and then just a bit of bologna and hotdogs to give to friends and family - that would be all of you so just feel free to drop by and pick some up!
We are headed up this afternoon and try to get one tomorrow and then shut down the water as it is calling for a real cold snap and we don't want frozen pipes. If we go after this weekend it will be outside latrine, no hot water, you know really roughin it!!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 5, 2008
6:56 PM

Post #5861980

Candee, roughing it sounds delightful...icy latrine...not so delightful...I think I'll wait til warmer weather to give it a go...er...camping that is...
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 6, 2008
12:50 PM

Post #5864179

Candee, call me when you start up the grill. lol Dang that sounds so good. I'll take venison over beef any day.

Here's a tray of homemade marzipan and a side of glazed pears. Enjoy.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 7, 2008
10:28 AM

Post #5867080

Sorry everyone, been a little bick busy, but am here now with soem lights to string in the cafe garden. I haven't had time to catch up on all the goss, so if someone can fill me in with the condensed version, that would be helpful! Gotto dash off again, as I cut some flowers about 6 hours ago, and I really should do something with them before I go to bed!
Fa-la-la-la-laaaaah, la-la-la-laaaaahhhhhhh!~

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2008
5:20 PM

Post #5867823

Wow Sue you have been busy decking the halls, that is very warm looking.
Well the water is shut down the pipes are full of antifreeze and we are home in front of the fire. It is nice to go p there, but also nice to have a few months of being at home.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #5867921

Here Sue from the other side of the world, a bit of snow to highlight our decorations!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 7, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5868086

Hello everyone! Fingers crossed I'm back online, missed you all. Thank you Trina!
(my ever so shy SIL).

Zany, So Sorry to hear about Bob losing a toe, awfully sad news. Thinking of you both.

Candee, Good to hear you are back in the warm by the fire and the cabin is tucked up for winter. Thanks for the beautiful snowy scene, it's looking really Christmasy at the cafe!

Plantgeek, You've been doing a great job with bringing us goodies to eat, the glazed pears sound outta this world!! Hope the writing is going well, the title of your book sounds interesting!! Good Luck with it all.

Dianne, Hope the dancing is going well, do you know your routine yet? LOL
Nice to be missed, Thankyou darling!!!!

Sue, Sue, Sue, ... well hello there down under! It looks fantastic with the lights on our tropical bed at the cafe. Great job! Stop teasing us with your promises of flowers ok LOL!

Thanks for the snow Candee, here's Mr Snowman!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2008
9:21 PM

Post #5868424

Few decorations and new flowers for the cabinet on the olive wall. Great color for Christmas!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 7, 2008
9:38 PM

Post #5868461

Very nice Candee, so clever with your decorating!
Take a break and have a cuppa.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5868484

Yummy my favorite lemon meringue! Lovin that black grass, I like it better than my bloodgrass. I do need a break as I just finished putting up the Christmas tree in the cafe. Glad you were here to help me bring it in and give me that little pick me up!
Now lets get busy with the decorations!!!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 7, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #5868578

Gosh that was heavy!!! what a great tree choice Candee, it's a gorgeous shape. Love the new Flowerpot cafe sign with Father Christmas, is that your Grandbaby with him? What a darling cherub!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2008
11:50 PM

Post #5868826

Terri - welcome back!!! That cuppa was just what I needed after trimming the nectarine tree. I am the world's worst prunner - I have a hard time lopping off branches that are still alive, even if I know that it is for the common good of the tree. There are still some straggler leaves on the tree - gives me an excuse to wait until next weekend to spray for peach leaf curl. Hopefully I will get the spray regime right this year so that I can bring some nectarines out to the cafe next summer. It got down to a low of 35 degrees last night - so winter is definitely around the corner even for California. Dress rehearsal tonight, and no, I am not at all ready LoL.

Candee - you are so on top of getting the decorations in. Sue - the garden looks lovely lwith the ights you have out too. Mine's are all still in the cabinet upstairs.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2008
12:36 AM

Post #5868955

You will be ready soon as you get dressed Dianne. What kind of dance? I took ballet for 16 years, came in handy for dancin on tables LOL, gave me great balance! It was in the 20s at the cabin and the wind was fierce, good to be home where it is 30!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
12:39 AM

Post #5868963

Thanks Dianne! ohhh I'm looking forward to your home grown nectarines already!
Dress rehearsal, do you have 3 different costumes? Hope we get a private viewing at the cafe!
Loved seeing you in your dancing gear last time, full of energy and fun.
I guess you will start decorating when the show is over? you are let off the hook for now LOL!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 8, 2008
4:36 AM

Post #5869631

How many?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 8, 2008
4:38 AM

Post #5869635

I was given some craft packs about 3 years ago for xmas, and I finally decided to make them up. These are them! I'm going to give them to some of my favourite customers, along with some African violets that I grew from leaves.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 8, 2008
6:12 AM

Post #5869751

Well, look at all the lovely decorations and crafts! Oh, I wish you could post video of the dance here! But I guess we will have to content ourselves with what you can manage. Maybe a picture of the costumes...with you in them?

My addition to the decor... it is a bit non traditional... but then so am I ;~)

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2008
7:01 AM

Post #5869787

Sue - didn't realize you are so crafty! Those and the african violets would make great gifts.

Terri - I am doing a tango routine with the women's group (we call ourselves the girlfriends), a west coast swing, and a bolero routine and will have three costumes. I took up ballroom dancing just before I turned 50, and it has kept me young at heart for the last 5 years.

Candee - ballet for 16 years. You must have excellent posture and are full of grace. Ballet dancers are so elegant. My daughters took ballet when they were young since I did not want them to be a klutz like their mom. I never did a step of dancing until I was 49 years old (too self-conscious in my younger days) because by then, I did not care what I looked like out on the dance floor.

Zany - wonderful decor to the cafe. Non-traditional is always a good thing. Tomorrow, I am taking a dear friend to UCSF for some medical testing. I will be thinking of Bob and you.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2008
7:07 AM

Post #5869789

Here's a photo from last year's show, with my dance teacher - also a west coast swing piece. That is one of my favorite dances.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2008
12:41 PM

Post #5870049

Ohhhhhhh Dianne, chic is what comes to mind. You look marvelous darling! Class act you got there! I do have great balance, but that could be because I am so short as well?

Zany I really like it. The gift boxes are "icy hot" with pizazz!

Sue that is a great gift idea for your customers, they will love them. You are too clever.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5870761

Hi everyone! Looks fab in here today. I saw a light on at Steven's just now!

Sue, you have been busy! Love the Santa counting the days till Christmas. I'm sure your customers will be delighted with their gifts, so sweet! LoL 3 years!!!!!!

Zany, I love your non traditional tree, it's so COOOL! The dragonflies and frogs look so elegant!
Thanks for bringing that one in, it's beautiful.

Dianne, Wow you do look glamorous, go girlfriend!
Candee, now what have I told you about dancing on the tables in the cafe? lol!

Get down from there!!

This message was edited Dec 8, 2008 4:45 PM

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2008
4:53 PM

Post #5870829

Oops, I misunderstood, I thought you said I could do it as long as nobody got hurt!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
5:07 PM

Post #5870879

ok then, dance the night away!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 8, 2008
8:48 PM

Post #5871595

Hey Candee, got room for one more up on that table? hehehe That sounds like too much fun. Whaddaya say about putting on red jingle boots for more effect. I have an extra pair.

Wow, everyone decorations are wonderful! I'm going to be hard pressed to keep up. So, meantime, I brought more goodies- candied violets, blackberry tarts and a tray of roasted veggies- sweet potatoes, new potatoes, jeruselum artichokes seasoned with sea salt and garlic butter. Then to wash it all down, oolong tea.

Dianne, that is one great shot! You look so happy too.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
9:52 PM

Post #5871794

Hello Plantgeek, they sound like sexy boots!! We will have to make sure Candee keeps her Bra on this time LOL!

I'm leaving a flower magazine in the cafe for you all to browse through when you get a minute for a cuppa!
Is the latte machine fixed yet btw?
Thank you for the goodies Plantgeek, love those candied violets, I'll try not to scoff the lot!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
9:53 PM

Post #5871805

Candle arrangement

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
9:55 PM

Post #5871812

Red and gold

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
9:56 PM

Post #5871819

Christmas wreath

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
9:57 PM

Post #5871825

Swag

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
10:00 PM

Post #5871837

Light the candles

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
10:02 PM

Post #5871847

Red and Ritsy

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5871862

coloured foam with texture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #5871873

Twigtastic!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 8, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #5871889

Sheep, these look great in the cafe gardens!

Have a nice evening all!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 9, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #5872332

Those sheep look like the shearer got a bit carried away. You don't think they will catch cold do you?

I am going to help myself to a blackberry tart and a nice cuppa joe to wash it down before I settle in for the evening to watch the table dancers.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 9, 2008
1:52 PM

Post #5873872

Oh I don't know Terri, as a safety precaution against overheating from all that dancing, I think flinging off our bras is well called for. Ok, so I brought everyone a pair of sexy jingle boots. Y'all feel free to join in. "Jingle boots, jingle boots, jingle all the way. Oh what fun to fling our bras and leave them where they lay, hey!

Love those sheep BTW.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2008
2:26 PM

Post #5873976

Thanks I love the boots and that spike heel makes my legs appear longer even if I had to put some cotton in the toes! Bra, what bra, haven't bothered with one of those for years, just another cumbersome bother.
Terri, those are interesting, I like the swag but really go for the twig one! Right up my alley.
So who is gonna be responsible to clean up after the sheep. I don't think that Madame Woodsy is gonna go along with this at all?

I am loving those new potatoes, I just love taters!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 9, 2008
2:52 PM

Post #5874026

There's no chance of the sheep getting cold Zany! They are Holy sheep and they don't poop either Candee!! It doesn't show on the photo very well but their heads are made with tiny Chrysanths, so I think Madame Woodsy will like them!

Jingle boots Jingle boots jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to .. fling our bras today ..hey!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 9, 2008
3:29 PM

Post #5874154

Hey!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 9, 2008
3:35 PM

Post #5874181

ROFL! You sexy beast.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #5874288

LOL, oops now I have this mental image!!!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #5876039

What a wild bunch you all are. PG - if you have one of those sexy boots in my size, I'll bring up the tail end.

Terri - thanks the photos from the magazine.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 10, 2008
12:09 AM

Post #5876106

Dianne, one pair of red-hot sexyness coming up.
I brought a box of licorice whips that we can do with as we like. hehehe

Ok, it's time we thouroghly wrecked our girly figures, (but with all this dancing, not to worry). I brought decadence on a platter in the form of chocolate hazlenut orange poundcake. Then, there's cre`me brule`e, and to put us under the table- triple ginger apple crisp. Dig in.

Love all the decorations here. This is so festive in a most refreshing way. Y'all rock!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2008
12:23 AM

Post #5876156

No jingle boots for me thanks. I prefer Birkenstocks and moccasins these days. But I'll enjoy sitting with a cuppa and watching the rest of you dance the night away.

Chocolate hazlenut orange poundcake, now that does sound downright decadent... where's the knife... gonna have me a nice slice!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #5877293

I gotta have that pound cake Zany, shove it over my way if you are finished, or just even taking a break.
If you are gonna dance in your slippers Zany, please ring a bell so you don't keep sneakin up on me, I nearly fell off that last table when you startled me!
That ginger apple crisp is just the thing for a hangover I am told, the ginger will really settle your stomach quickly! Perhaps we should save a bit of it in the freezer so we have it for the New Year.
We are having a celebration for the New Year aren't we? Are we going to have a New Year cafe? I know, already getting ahead of myself, but since we have our Christmas gathering at T-day I do get ahead of myself. Did I just repeat myself??? LOL
Dianne, I think you should take the lead after all you are the dancer in the group and can coreograph our whole routine.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 10, 2008
1:21 PM

Post #5877398

I'll second that Candee. Would you please Dianne? We are having tons of fun up here on the table, but chaotic flopping and flipping does not a choreography make. Synchronized flopping would be much more cute.

Zany, I made you a pair of sexy slippers trimmed in bells. You can be comfy and still jingle the night away by tapping out time with us.

If y'all really want that poundcake, the recipe is in the Moosewood Desert Book. It's filled with lots of yummy stuff, well worth puttin' on the pounds for. Dw and I couldn't decide where to start, so we each wrote 2 favorites on a scrap of paper and drew one from a hat, and keep drawing till there are no more. Now the real trick is coming out of the kitchen with something edible without letting two cooks spoil the cake. lol

Zany, I hope Bob is still doing well and you are getting some rest.

Elle, hope you are still having great breakfasts of fresh eggs.

Terri, can't wait to see your next arraingement. You always come up with something awesome.

Cheers to everyone and please help yourselves to all the goodies cause I'm making more wicked diet busters. hehehe
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 10, 2008
3:38 PM

Post #5877745

Psssst Plantgeek! Pass me my bra please!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 10, 2008
5:04 PM

Post #5878017

hi all
yes we are getting 2 or 3 a day now
even with it being cold
with this cold weather we got trouble with our water in the barn
broke 3 line
they are 75 feet long
dave had two line to go
he went down this morming
to see if line 1 will go
and see if we have any more broken
i hope not
the house seen to be holding ok
they said freeze rain maybe tues i hope not
other wise we are trying to keep warm
this is an older tralner house
bad new about work have to work every weekend this month
o well i glad i got a job
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2008
5:16 PM

Post #5878060

Thank you so much for the dancing slippers. They are quite lovely and fit perfectly...How did you know to make them both for left feet?

Terri, I am sorry but you bra was so lovely I snagged it to make one of these http://www.mcuniverse.com/Bra-Purse.1768.0.html. My granddaughter will love it for her Breast cancer awareness meetings.

Candee, Madame Woodsy will gut you a slice of the pound cake. It is yummy!

soilsandup, those boots look fab on you and your can can kicks are unbelievable. I'd fall over if I tried to kick that high. You go girl!!

Elle, where have you gotten off to? I was hoping for a fresh egg omelette this morning from those chickens of yours.

Plantgeek, do you think Diane can choreograph a dance for my two left feet? That sounds fun.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2008
5:17 PM

Post #5878067

Oh, hi Elle. you posted while I was typing. I'm glad you are getting eggs now. Sorry about your water line troubles though!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 10, 2008
5:47 PM

Post #5878143

thank
we will make it
dave got 1 more line to go
with raiseing rabbit there alway something going on
need to get in the xmas mold
wich seen hard to do this year
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2008
6:22 PM

Post #5878231

elle, do you raise rabbits for food or as pets? We used to be able to buy rabbit at the grocery store here but they quit carrying it years ago. I liked it but could never bring myself to slaughter one that I raised myself and it got too expensive to raise them and pay someone else to do the dirty work for me.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 10, 2008
6:28 PM

Post #5878247

we raisesthem for meat
we ship 133 this week
we ship every other week
we do eat the rabbit
dave just have not kill
any
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2008
7:20 PM

Post #5878399

elle, so glad you came by. Sorry to hear about your pipes, we have replaced them at our cabin and it is a real mess and expense. Do you put any insulation around yours? They have some newer stuff on the market these days as preventative medicine if it is feasible.
Glad to hear you are getting eggs even in the cold and sounds like you ship a lot of rabbits out.
Now try to rest a bit and get ready for the holidays. Bet you can make some great egggggnog!!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 10, 2008
7:29 PM

Post #5878421

thank i love eggnog
will make some
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2008
11:42 PM

Post #5879292

Elle - We always have egg nog this time of the year at home. Can't wait to try yours at the cafe.

I will give it a go for the choreography, and I like the thought of synchronized flopping. As my dance teacher always says, don't worry if you don't get it right. The audience will just think that you have a solo part. Broadway here we come...better make it off, off, off, off broadway LoL.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
2:36 AM

Post #5879886

Hello everyone!
Just popping in with a jug of cream to go with the wonderful pound cake, sounds lovely! What is cake? does it cost a per portion? LOL

Dianne, I was disapointed with the Christmas designs in the mag this year. Not very inspiring, I like the quirky sheep though! Hope to get a peep at your costumes soon, hows the rehearsals going?

Zany, I want my bra back!!!!! please Lol Hope your Granddaughter likes it.
How is Bob and when will he be home again?

Candee, I'm sure we will have a New Years cafe', maybe Sue is busy designing it now?!!
Will you be home for new years eve?

Elle, hope you get the pipes fixed soon and get into the Christmas spirit with the eggnog! Keep warm.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2008
4:28 AM

Post #5880272

Sorry Terri, but that bra was much more her style than my granny styled ones and it is for a good cause...lol...besides, it was just begging to be turned into a purse... Tell you what, why not have a nice Daquari or several and you'll forget all about it!

Bob made it home about 6:00 this evening. Everything looks good except he lost his balance transfering from the car to his chair and fell. He wasn't injured but he'll be sore for a few days from the jarring. Poor Bob just can't get a break!

The whole ordeal is making this teetotaler wanna nice stiff drink...Think I'll have one of those Daquaris myself!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
4:51 AM

Post #5880365

Hi Zany! I'm working the night shift in the cafe tonight, can't sleep a wink! Don't know what came over me flinging my bra like that. LOL! If I wasn't a teetolaler, I'd join you in that stiff Daquaris! Maybe a hot chocolate will calm us down?!

Bob Bob, whatever next!! oppsadaisy there. Hope he gets a comfortable nights sleep now!
I'm gonna make him some new flower socks for Christmas!!

PG88 ... It's all your fault!!!!! you made me do it!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
5:33 AM

Post #5880482

wanna play hopscotch?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2008
6:50 AM

Post #5880571

LOL do you think it is a good idea to be jumping around without your bra? You could end up with a black ey or a bloody nose...

Luckily Bob had some vicadin left so he should sleep well tonight ;~)

Since we aren't doing Christmas here I think I'm going to work on a PS Christmas for a while. Maybe even get to sleep before 2 am.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2008
9:19 AM

Post #5880655

How about a tree dripping with diamonds, emeralds and rubies?

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2008
1:15 PM

Post #5880937

Zany if that doesn't get Steven back over here I don't know what will. He will surely want to pick your tree goodies for a gift for his lovely wife don't ya think. I am just wondering are we to now use the back door cause the last time I came around back there the lights were out and I almost took a spill myself, course I had a few of those daquiries in me. Doesn't appear that you got to sleep before 2 either?
Glad that Bob has something to take to get some sleep and hope he isn't bruised in addition to everything else. Think we need to give Terri some of those drugs so she can get some rest as well. How do you 2 manage to stay up all day and night, I haven't been able to do that for 30 years LOL!
As for the pound cake Terri, it doesn't cost a pound per slice but you will gain a pound per slice! It is a cake but more dense than a regular baked cake. So more bang for your buck or pound whatever the denomination may be.
Yes, I will be home for the New Year, and will need help staying awake so we better plan for quite an event!
Elle, I have a great homemade eggnog recipe if you are interested I can dmail or post here for you.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 11, 2008
2:15 PM

Post #5881095

Oh, you poor dears. Here, have some sleepy tea. This is called dragon pearls- hand rolled jasmine leaves with a flower inside. Very relaxing, calming, makes you say nighty-night. And to sweeten this, I brought acacia tree honey, light in color and flavor yet has a high note of distinction. Very yummy.

Candee, you have a good point about us getting black eyes, so I corraled a box of Elton John glasses. Funky enough to fit the occasion, yet practical too.

Terri, Terri, Terri... lol I can't take the blame on that one. I don't think anyone can make ya do anything. However, I did manage to find (not telling where) leopard print pasties. Will these do?

Dianne, thank you for organizing our flopping selves. Maybe I should get jingle pasties for us.

Zany, sorry Bob took a spill, but glad it wasn't more than that.

Elle, hope y'all get the pipes repaired without too much expense.
OK, gotta run now and slop some paint. lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
3:52 PM

Post #5881466

Oh what a precious tree, Thank you Zany! it must have taken you hours to make that one! We might need to hire someone for security, don't think Madam Woodsy could handle Ali Baba and the forty thieves if they roll up!
Thanks for the explanation of cake Candee, got it now!
We need a few more lanterns out the back, no doubt someone will lose their Elton John glasses before the nights out! When Steven turns on his Christmas lights, it will be much brighter for us out there!
Love the way Sue put the lights around our tropical bed, it looks magical.

Ta for the sleepy tea, it worked a treat!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 11, 2008
3:54 PM

Post #5881480

i would love your recipe
we got 1 more line to go
that 28 water bottle
thank for the kind word
i need them
i got to work xmas and new year
it do not bother me i just feel
sorry for dave have to be home a lone
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #5881539

Hi elle, tell Dave he can come to the cafe for a christmas beer! We will look after him for you,
no worries! Sorry you are having a hard time.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 11, 2008
5:34 PM

Post #5881850

here a xmas candle for the cafe
it one i made for a nurse
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 11, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5881859

here the back
elle
p.s. forgot picture

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008 11:40 AM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 11, 2008
5:43 PM

Post #5881872

here it is

Thumbnail by ellesgh

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2008
6:07 PM

Post #5881953

Very nice elle, glad to see you have some time to work on decorating. I won't be around, but am sure that Terri and Zany and everyone else will charm the pants right off Dave. Oops, didn't mean that we have enough pasties going on here already!

I'll look up my recipe and post this weekend!

I adore Elton, are you sure he wants us to be wearing these? I picked up a pair and swear I need armed guards to wear them outta the cafe. Or wasn't I supposed to leave with them on?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
6:45 PM

Post #5882096

Very pretty candle arrangement, Thanks elle! love the glitter tree and red ribbon.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 11, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5882163

LOL, Candee, you wear those glasses anywhere you want. I got the whole lot at an auction when Sir Elton decided to redecorate.

Terri, your'e right. We may need to guard Zany's fantabulous tree. My snakes volunteer if y'all ain't skeered. I promise that they are very sweet to friends, dangerous to foes and will eat any "problems" that occur. hehehe

Elle, yes please tell your hubby that he is more than welcome to hang out with us. Pun intended. There are snacks all over the place, enough to tide us over the holidays and then some. Why look, there is a whole keg of home brew, a gallon of mead, kombucha tea on ice, blood orange green tea, a tray of roasted sweet potatoes seasoned with Icelandic butter and Himalayian salt, rolled oysters and another pound cake, as it was so popular.
Great candle BTW. I love things handmade. A bit of ourselves go into it. Have you tried using beeswax or soy? I know it's more expensive, but there is a growing market for candles made of those materials if you are interested in doing something like that.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
8:07 PM

Post #5882323

NO WAY!!!! I'm skeeeered.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5882477

No need to guard the tree. In cyber space theives can steal the whole tree and it just magically stays put at the same time. I was thi8nking that for New Years we can take the tree down and give the jewels away as party favors. Being rich is fun even if it is just web riches!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 11, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5882622

Zany, I love your tree, it would be a great xmas present if it were for real! I'm glad Bob is home, but sorry he had a fall, but glad he is ok. Lets hope he can get a bit of rest for awhile.
Terri, I loved that arrangement with the leaf that echoed the rim of the vase. What is that jug used for? I have one the same, but in black. I would love to play hop scotch, can we drink the scotch?
Elle, I hope you're keeping warm and toasty and that the weather is kinder to you over the xmas season. It's amazing that your chooks are still laying when it is cold! What a shame you have to work so much, but as you say, it's great that you have a job. There is always someone worse off eh?
PG, you are too funny. That 'pun intended' did not go over my head! I might get up on that table and flop around a bit myself.
Candee, what are your plans for christmas? I managed to get a pair of Eltons glasses to wear. they match my boa quite well. Coff, coff, (got a feather in my throat) The new haircut is still a bit short! (hasn't grown much in two weeks)
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
10:29 PM

Post #5882686

Hahahahahaha! cool! love the purple boa, missed you!
You cut off your curls awww!
Thanks on the jug arrangement! The jug is used for flowers of course..lol!
Please bring my handbag to the cafe, I want to dance around it, just like the old days!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 11, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #5882697

Shouldn't you be in bed?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5882708

Hey!!! it's only 10.30pm. Katie has only been in bed half an hour... give me a break lol!

Oh, Thanks, you forgot the flowers!!!

see my christmas present from Sue everyone? It's great I love it!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 11, 2008
10:39 PM

Post #5882713

Oh, sorry! thought the flowers might get knocked over when PG does that kick flick with her legs, you know?
My bed time is usually 9.30pm, I struggle to get my head off the pillow at 6am otherwise. I obviously NEED my beauty sleep! LOL
Lovely misty rain, and coolish weather! No work, and still haven't sat down to read my book. I have been looking at the garden art forum. I love the planted furniture there.
I'm going to log off now Tez, but you keep dancing eh?
Don't kick the flowers over PG!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 11, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #5882730

Lovely!

sleep well beautiful woman! night night.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2008
10:56 PM

Post #5882767

Oh my that is too adorable Sue, you look fab in those. The cut will grow on you and bet it is much cooler for you these days. I love short hair, I can get so funky with mine. Listen to this ole broad, funky LOL!
Elle, lookin for the recipe as I speak.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2008
11:00 PM

Post #5882777

I always make 2 batches of this, I drink one while makin the other LOL!

6 large egg yolks
6 large egg white, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 pint milk (that is 2 cups)
1 pint light cream (2 cups as well)
2 cups brandy (steve picks the better stuff)

ground nutmet

Beat the egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl until thick and pale yellow.
Stir in milk, cream and brandy,
Chill - covered, several hours or overnight (If chilling overnight, also cover and chill the egge whites; bring to room temp before proceeding with this recipe)
Just before serving, beat egg whites until foamy in a large bowl;
Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until whites hold SOFT peaks.
Pour chilled yok mixture into punch bowl.
Fold in whites
Sprinkle with nutmeg
SERVE in the CAFE!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2008
3:18 AM

Post #5883463

Weed, those purple feathers and Elton glasses are a riot and your purse is too cute for words.

Fresh eggnog... We are going to celebrate the season in style!

Well, Bob slept through the night once the Vicadin kicked in and woke up a bit sore but otherwise fine. The Home health folks came out this morning to change his dressings and make sure he knew how to administer his IV antibiotics. Then the medic delivery service came with his drugs and spent a while going over everything again. He has to go back to Frisco once a week but that will just be an overnight trip so he is happy to be home the rest of the time in his own bed and to be here where his friends can drop in for a visit. One day at a time...

I am starting to adjust to all the changes in our lives and making time for myself by taking the pup to the park again. We both missed it a lot. We had two old puppy friends show up this morning to run and play with that Pyxle hadn't seen in quite some time. Those three dogs ran so hard she was still gasping for air when I left for work 2 hours later and Bob called to say she had slept for 4 hours after I left. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm going to take her again. We both need the excercise and fresh air.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 12, 2008
3:44 PM

Post #5884561

Hi everyone! It's freezing outside, but nice and warm in the cafe with good friends to hang out with!

Funky Candee, Thank you for the eggnogg recipe! Looking forward to some of your fabulous cocktails using our best crystal of course lol!

Hi Zany, Glad Bob is settled back home and his friends will be able to visit, hope that doesn't mean more work for you with endless cups of tea and sandwiches to make lol! Having fun with the dogs in the fresh air will do you good and give you a break.

Plantgeek, I've been painting my bedroom, it's taking forever! could do with you over here to slop a bit of paint around for me! Thanks for working so hard in the kitchen, I must say, our menu has improved so much since you joined us, we love your creative offerings!

Better get back to work, there's paint in my hair already!!

This message was edited Dec 12, 2008 3:48 PM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 12, 2008
4:19 PM

Post #5884693

hi all
bob i glad you doing better
it nice here today
but wach for this week
they said cold and wet and snow
all wich are bad word
lol
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5885026

Glad that Bob is able to spend most of his time at home, don't let the company run you two any more ragged. Do just as you would if it were me poppin in, just let me know when it is time to leave. Will he have to travel once a week for very long do they think? Enjoy your time at the park, you deserve some R&R with all you are contending with.
Elle, do hope the snow stays away for you, but guess it is inevitable that we get some. Do you have to travel far to work - do you have to go when the weather is bad?
Hey plantgeek, are you gonna try the nog? I bet you are an ace at whippin up something like it. You are just a marvelous chef.
Hey Sue are you still lookin at life through those rose colored glasses LOL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2008
6:23 PM

Post #5885028

Glad that Bob is able to spend most of his time at home, don't let the company run you two any more ragged. Do just as you would if it were me poppin in, just let me know when it is time to leave. Will he have to travel once a week for very long do they think? Enjoy your time at the park, you deserve some R&R with all you are contending with.
Elle, do hope the snow stays away for you, but guess it is inevitable that we get some. Do you have to travel far to work - do you have to go when the weather is bad?
Hey plantgeek, are you gonna try the nog? I bet you are an ace at whippin up something like it. You are just a marvelous chef.
Hey Sue are you still lookin at life through those rose colored glasses LOL!

Here is father Christmas dropping in to say hello to everyone!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 12, 2008
6:35 PM

Post #5885057

HO HO HO! Hello Father Christmas, I've been VERY good this year... honest!

Am I seeing double/////////????
Am I seeing doule//////////????

that eggnogg is powerful stuff!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2008
7:32 PM

Post #5885197

Man am I ever slow on the draw, I couldn't figure out what you meant Terri, but now I see it too. Wonder how I managed that one?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2008
7:40 PM

Post #5885220

Candee, that is a magnificent Father Christmas and he is looking a bit hungry so I brought these for him. (yes I am trying to bribe Santa ;~)

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2008
7:47 PM

Post #5885234

I think the bribe is working Zany looks like he already took a bite of one.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 12, 2008
9:32 PM

Post #5885523

Oh yummy, is there one going spare? Thanks Zany!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 12, 2008
9:40 PM

Post #5885560

Father Christmas, would you like a nice juicy pear?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 12, 2008
11:08 PM

Post #5885844

Oh Candee, I forgot to say, I love your funky hairdo, blue really suits you! lol

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

December 13, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #5886344

Hi All! I haven't been on as much lately...it must be all the snow and such...the gardening bug always comes back in Feb/March :) I ordered half a dozen seed magazines and have been looking through them. Also another member just sent me a bunch(8) brug cuttings, so if they all grow I'll have 16 next year...I must need my head examined. I have a small city yard. Every year I end up with more plants then I have room for...but I have to admit I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I'm loving the new modern theme for the cafe and the Pink Floyd adds to the retro glam feel!

Thanks for the welcome Plantgeek! And everone else as well! Hope you're all doing well :)

I brought some flowers by with me...they're...er...from my garden...yes...they were growing in the snow :) Just kidding we bought them at the supermarket.

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 13, 2008
2:11 AM

Post #5886459

Hi Steven. Glad that you found your way back to the Cafe. We were getting worried that a posse might be needed to round you up. Isn't it great that we can have fresh flowers any time of the year available at the grocery.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 13, 2008
7:00 AM

Post #5887035

How thoughtless of me! Yes, of course there are cookies for everyone!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 13, 2008
7:01 AM

Post #5887038

Santa must be happy with his share. I notice he has almost finished a whole cookie and drank a lot of his milk.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 13, 2008
1:14 PM

Post #5887345

Why yes, I am happy, er... I mean Santa is happy with his share. hehe

Can't stay long y'all, gotta run off to work, but I didn't want anyone to think I'm neglecting this very potent eggnog.

Steven, welcome back! Hey, I know just what to get you for Xmas - a big ol' bundle of switches. lol

Sue, you rock girl! And I love the new doo.

Ooops, gotta go. Y'all have great gobs of fun.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 13, 2008
4:16 PM

Post #5887777

hi all
yes we are going to get bad weather
yes i have to work if i can get there
if it get bad like last year
i will have to stay all night
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2008
9:26 PM

Post #5888449

Yuk, having to stay all night at work is not good, hope you don't have the worst weather that causes that elle.
Steven, oh how we missed you and those spring supermarket posies are just what is needed to warm us up these days. Except for Sue of course there in the tropics LOL! How much snow do you have there already? We had another dusting this more, but nothing to keep us down.
Terri, I love my hairdo that is just too Elton John fab and with the glasses I just could not be anymore cool dude! Except for the age LOL!
Zany you are the true Cookie Monster, you and plantgeek have been feeding frenzy these past days, think I better get to the gym tomorrow.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

December 14, 2008
3:12 AM

Post #5889382

about to jump in the pool. wish you were here
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 14, 2008
3:26 AM

Post #5889426

Lets go guys! I've got a couple of hours before I start the Sunday roast!

Hold on to your glasses everyone! ...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2008
4:03 AM

Post #5889584

It's a bird... it's a plane...it's a teapot helicopter? LOL this one is fun and kinda silly looking. I love it!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 14, 2008
4:09 AM

Post #5889595

STEVEN!!!! Lovely to see you Darling, kiss kiss... lol
What pretty fresh flowers, they look splendid on MY table in the cafe, Thank you.

Have fun everyone, got a busy few days ahead over here!
Good luck with the show Dianne!

Please save a couple of those cookies for Starlight, just incase!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 14, 2008
4:12 AM

Post #5889602

Hi Zany!
It's our flowerpot cafe flying teapot! We can go anywhere we like...
all aboard for a dip in Sue's pool ...

Edited to say, Yay!! I'm going to the airport soon to meet my brother, he's been working in the Bahamas since Feb.
Can't wait to see him.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2008 4:50 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 14, 2008
4:57 AM

Post #5889740

serving light refreshments on board our short flight!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2008
5:37 AM

Post #5889804

Enjoy your brother's visit ! We went into town and had lunch with my brother today. He is getting closer to retiring and looking forward to leaving for the Philippines in February. He loves the Philippines and plans to spend his retirement years there with annual visits home. . . But now his company is trying to talk him into waiting an extra 6 mos. to a year. He is excited about going and at the same time tempted to stay if they offer him what he wants. It will be interesting to see what he decides.

We are getting our first real winter storm and the temps have dropped to the high 30's with lots of snow on the mountains around us. It is beautiful seeing the mountain ranges with some snow covered and others verdant green. I do love this area for the mountains!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2008
7:38 AM

Post #5889915

The flying teapot is back!!! Hooray!! I missed the first trip to Sue's - now I get to go on this one. Thank you all for sending it back to pick me up to join you. Finished the second show tonight - was a little nervous last night with my two solo numbers, but it went well. Thanks for sending the luck my way, Terri. Did you get the chance to visit your brother while he was in the Bahamas?

Zany - we must be getting the same cold front that has hit your area.. No snow here for us, but the night time temps is dropping close to freezing. Went out and harvested my bell peppers before the frost gets to them.

Elle - hope you were able to get home Okay.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2008
8:07 AM

Post #5889926

soilsandup, Yes, this cold system is covering a very large area. BRRRR That reminds me, I need to pick up bell peppers for dinner tomorrow night. Cold weather makes me crave stuffed peppers.

Elle? Did you get home?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2008
8:31 AM

Post #5889940

Zany - looks like you are a night owl too. Do you do all your baking late at night? Those Christmas cookies were great.

I keep the house at abiut 68-69 degrees during the day and the heat off during the night - my middle daughter who is currently living in Los Angeles came home for the weekend and complained about how cold it is in the house. But, after hearing about freezing pipes, and such, I don't think we have much to complain about.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 14, 2008
1:19 PM

Post #5890139

A flying teapot, what fun! Wheeeeeeeee... And such yummy snacks for the trip. Thanks Terri. You rock.
Hellooo Sue. Thanks for the invite back. A dip in the tropics is just what I needed to get thru the winter. I brought along a ginger/ cardamon pound cake drizzled with peach sauce. Spider! It's so good to see you. Come here and give me a hug ya big beautiful hairy thing. Sue, she has gotten so big. A bit paunchy too. She's been eating too many politicians again. No problem, I'll take her for a few spins down to the beach, work off the excess. Spider, you must include a super model in your diet once in a while. Just be sure to drug test them first. You don't wanna end up in rehab sweetie.

Terri, have fun with your brother and don't worry about finishing the paint job- I took care of that. So, relax and enjoy the visit.

Elle, hope everything is ok. I'm knitting you a suit of Everwarm (I'm making this up), so if you should get stuck in the cold or at work, you won't freeze your heine off.

Ooops, gotta run. Time to slop paint. Y'all have a most wonderful day.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 14, 2008
4:08 PM

Post #5890579

the weather did not get bad yet
but they said tonight
i hope it after 12
then i get the week off
and hope to miss the bad weather
i need that flying tea pot
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2008
6:16 PM

Post #5890946

Ok everyone wish for the storm to stall out untill after midnight for Elle!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2008
10:07 PM

Post #5891566

elle, so glad you have a week off after the 12, good planning on your part. Hope the weather holds for you until then.
Sue, I can see you dippin right now and will be close by in PV on next Saturday so we can dip together, right after I get my first massage on the beach!
Oh, Terri, gonna savor those horse durves on our trip next week if any are left from the heli ride it is the best one yet! Smooth sailing!
Dianne what were your solo numbers, bet you rocked!
Steven, hope the cafe lights are not keeping your and yours up at night?
Zany, am having a nice roast tonight that is braised and very slow cooked with taters and carrots, will try to save you a slice. Hope hubby is resting and you get some as well. Don't let these holidays wear you 2 out!

This message was edited Dec 15, 2008 7:35 AM
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 15, 2008
2:15 PM

Post #5893462

Morning everybody!

Finally finding my way back over here. been runnig liek crazy. Too many things goign on and finishign finals and research projects and such.

See everybody been doing pretty good. Finaly we got a warm spell and been out this morning playing while it lasts and picked a few flowers I foudn th efrost didn't get.

Here a Christmas, snow sundae for ya all to enjoy.

Thumbnail by starlight1153

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2008
3:21 PM

Post #5893688

Oh that looks extra good star. Is that raspberry fillin I see?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 15, 2008
9:22 PM

Post #5894832

Star, that's beautiful. And soooo yummy.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 15, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5895279

LOL.. Doidn't think about raspberyy filling, was tryign to make a giant cherry in the center.

Then are the new Dianthus out for 2009 I growing and the white was some of the mums I foiund blooming still that the frost hadn't got too.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 16, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5897669

o how lovly
we got ice and snow
wemt slining to town for rabbit feed
got wood heat
warm 1 room
we still got
light and tv and cp
we think we will make it out of this weather ok
hope every one does the same
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
6:59 PM

Post #5898307

Do be careful elle, I know you have to go outside often to tend the animals and you want to be extra careful on the ice. Is your entire house heated by wood or something else?
Try to stay dry and wear a lot of layers. Will be thinkin of ya.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 16, 2008
8:01 PM

Post #5898524

Elle.. Are you by yoruself or do you have somebody with you. Sorry don't remember. But in this bad weather with the ice and stuff, try and let somebody when yoru going out and when you'll be back in the house, even a neighbor and call them each time. The weather so bad and so bitter old yoru way. That way if you should slip and fall or something, somebody wil know you might be hurt if ya don't call back or come in right away.

yep wear layers and keep yoru head and throat warm and becaureful dear. They say that weather gonn abe bad for a coupel of weeks yoru way. That this was only the first of three bad storms coming to your area.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 16, 2008
10:03 PM

Post #5898919

Ok, so I just whipped up body-suites made of Everwarm for everyone, no-slip sexy boots and a latch-onto-thin-air wench in case you get stuck in snow. And to top it off- hot apple cider and apple jack, take your pick.

But seriously, the weather is no joke in some parts. We got a dusting of sleet, snow and freezing rain all in one night, which is nothing compared to up North. Just a little tap on the noggin to get folks' attention here.

Hope y'all stay safe and warm and have a body to snuggle up to, be it of the two-legged sort, furry, winged or scaled.

j
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
10:30 PM

Post #5899015

Hey plantgeek, you better get a patten on that thin air wench, I could use any number of them! Thanks for the cider, sipping on it now as I am out of the sleet which I drove home in and do not intend to tackle tomorrow. Going over these 2 mts. is one thing, not gonna risk it with sleet!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 17, 2008
2:04 AM

Post #5899761

We are expecting a heavy freeze here tonight. The mountains around are covered with white stuff and the roads are still wet from the last rain so black ice will be a real problem. It sure makes me glad we had to move into town and I am only 1 mile from home to work on a quiet little surface street :~) Brrr, the only bad part is that my car doesn't get a chance to warm up at all. Oh well, Pyxle will cuddle up and warm me as soon as I get in the door.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
2:37 PM

Post #5901051

Calling for the same here last evening, but it petered out so here I am made it over the mts. to work. Just lots of fog, darkness and icy tree limbs. I will be so glad to ge to some warm weather soon.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 17, 2008
5:16 PM

Post #5901427

there the two of us
we got the rabbit ,goat,and dog
we do were lot of cloth
we are greaful of what we got
i love all the idea
i did not have to work this week in the cold
i work this week end
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 17, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5902508

Hi everyone!
It's great to have my brother back home! He enjoyed working in Nassau for the past 10 months, he's talking like a Bahamian now For true, I aint lyin' LOL!
Hope you are all keeping warm! We haven't had any snow, but it's very chilly! Good job I've got my Everwarm body suit, Thanks Plantgeek!
Love the new snow Sundae added to the menu, very nice Thank you Star. Is the thread ok, not too long for you yet?
Hope all the performances went well Dianne, got any photo's yet? Love seeing your fancy costumes!

We went to Katies Christmas Carol concert tonight, it was really good and she did a great job with her solo part in Joyful Joyful. Wish I could hold the tears when I hear her sing LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 17, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5902564

Elle, glad you didn't have to freeze your pitooties off this week. Come on spring!
I'ts been very cold (for me) here the past several days, but tomorrow it's supposed to rain. I'm glad it's not snow, but dang it sure will be a cold shower. Wah, wah, wah. lol

Zany, how's Bob? Hope all is well with you both and that you are treating yourself to to something good.

Hey, do y'all like to read and if so, what have you leafed through lately? I'm in the middle of Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin, a fascinating account of an autistic woman who realizes that she sees the world like animals do, allowing the rest of us to have better understanding for them, autistic people and ourselves. This book is so readable and straight forward that it's hard to put down. It's like going on a journey somewhere amazing and a little mysterious, and coming into awareness of many things. OK, well I said a mouthful. Who's next?

Hope everyone is well and warm.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 18, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #5902768

Hi Plantgeek! I've just be given a new book of poems! It's called 'nuns shooting guns'
by Sheri L..Wright . I haven't read it yet!! but on the back it says ..
a collection of raspberries and the consequences of blowing them.
I'm looking forward to reading it when the dust settles!! Oh Thank you for finishing the paint job for me, it looks much better now with the expert touch!

There's your raspberry filin' Candee, LoL!!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 18, 2008
12:27 PM

Post #5904146

Ahhhhhhhhhh Terri.. I woudl have been crying too. I love music, all kinds , well almost all kinds. That heavy metal gets to me in a bad way.

I gonan be readign up on the Terricotta figures from the Emperor of China. They are at the museum in Atlanta for the next coupel of months. This is somethign I gootta see and surprisingly they aint charging an arm and a leg to get into see them either.

Dial up is getting kinda slow, so whenever ya get a chance wil be great.

Spent yesterday transplanting plants before our weather goes to freezing again tommorrow night.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 18, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5904210

Mornin' y'all. During the cold seasons, I'm so glad that my Siamese is such a lap-cat. Nearly everytime I sit here writing to you all, she's here supervising, editing and correcting me if I don't rub her little head enough. If any of you have ever had the company of a Siamese, you know they ususally get what they want. But then, that's what is so appealing about them. They are powerful teachers on the art of persuasive will. lol

Terri, congratulations on your kiddo's success. And what performance would be complete without a parent's eyes glistening. I think it's in the contract.
Glad your brother's visit is going well. Ten months is a long time to be somewhere, but at least he went to a warm beautiful place and got to experience another culture. That's awesome!
No sweat on the painting. You did a great job prepping, so the rest was a breeze. Love the color!

Hey y'all, you gotta see a movie titled Angela. It's a French film, so you may have to dig around for it, but well worth the effort. It's about a man who decides to end it all by jumping off a bridge and right before he does, sees a woman about to do the same thing. He tries to stop her, she jumps, he saves her and then things get really interesting when this unique woman leads him into the inexplicable. Woooooo...
So, what movies have you all seen that were interesting? I'm a huge movie geek, love a good story, and am always on the hunt for something out of the ordinary and of good quality.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 18, 2008
1:24 PM

Post #5904230

Ohhhh Star, you lucky dog you! That's awesome. What an experience it must be to stand near those figures. And each one is unique, a model of an actual person if I read correctly. Can you imagine what it must have been like to be in the burial chamber after it was unearthed, facing that army. I think I would have let them be.
So tell us all about it after you go to see them. Louisville has a museum, but it's a bit puny in comparrison to others. We do have a very cool arms museum, Frazier Historical Arms. They even have re-enactors, sword fights, speeches, ect. I took a long sword class there for about 4 months, but it whooped my butt. Could'nt do the class and my physically demanding job. I'm not as young as I'd like to be. Wahhhh.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
1:10 AM

Post #5906391

Thank you all for the movie and book suggestions. We got our first night of frost last night, so staying indoors will be the norm for the next few weeks. PG - yes, pets are wonderful lap warmers, except if they are kittens and insist on using you for a climbing post. The everwarm bodysuits are great, even if I don't get as cold as Zany, Elle, and the rest of you (with the exception of Sue, LoL)

Terri - a solo part for Katie. That is wonderful. The performance went well - a few wobbles, but no major missteps. I normally just buy my clothes off the department store racks, so they are not the fancy ones like you see on TV. I did not take any photos, but I may be able to get a few from someone else.

Star - loved your snow sundae. you will have to make it to the museum for the terracotta warriors. They are so neat. I was able to see them on site during my first trip to China in 1983 when I was pregnant with my oldest child. They were breathtaking - hundreds of them with all different faces.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 19, 2008
3:10 PM

Post #5907975

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA lately, been so busy with all kinds of stuff but wish I was playing with flowers with you all here instead !!!!

Merry Christmas to Candee, have a fabulous time on holiday!
Don't forget your sun block, lucky you going somewhere warm!!!! Will miss you so hurry back LOL!
Take care and have loads of fun with your Sweetie Steve. Oh please ask him if he will be available to DJ for us New Years eve at least for part of the evening.

I bagsy first dance with Steve btw everyone!!!! If thats ok with you Candee?!

Gotta run, loads of stuff to do! Have a great day all.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5908299

Star if they happen to allow photos, well need I say more ?
Won't be takin any sunblock or anything else as you know how travel is these days. We don't check any baggage so will have to either do without or get when we get there.
To everyone, please have a safe and wonderful holiday.
Of course you may have the first dance with Steve, just remember he can't stand very long so you may not make it through the entire song? He'll be fine as our DJ again, he really enjoyed it last time. I just gotta remember to show up on time!
Dianne, by the sound of the weather out west you better be bracing for a blizzard, I can't believe last year we were in Vegas this time and it was sunny 70's, now snow there?
Yikes, plantgeek with a sword?????? Now that is scarey. I promise not to ever ruffle your feathers!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 19, 2008
8:05 PM

Post #5909001

Merry Christmas Candee and Steve, I've left your pressie in the ' you urned it' theme thread!
Have a fabulous time on holiday, see you new years!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 19, 2008
8:38 PM

Post #5909114

New thread everyone! Will someone do the link please?!

Grab the decorations and lets go!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 19, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #5909158

Ha, ha, I don't have feathers.
Have a great time in the sun Candee and a Happy Holly Day. And don't come back without a tan and stories of all your fun.

Oh, Dianne, lucky you going to China. I'd love to go one day, eat real Chinese food, see those mist-cloaked mountains and wander the wild places there.

Terri, with all the busyness ahead, don't forget your vitamins. Looky here, I whipped up a batch of tonic, hehehe, spirulina, wheat grass, chlorella, ginseng (red and white), angelica, flax seed oil, cinnamon and a dab of black rum...well ok, a lot of black rum. Cheers y'all!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5909477

I moved us over here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/933762/

BTW plantgeek I will have a tan, but likely in all the wrong hidden places LOL! And yes, for those of you wondering, I will be dancing on a table so keep your eye on the PV news!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5909483

Skip mine and let's use Terri's tree, least we were both thinkin in purples!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/933733/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America