Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cameras and Photography: What game trail camera do you recommend?

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Texasescimo
Argyle, TX
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2008
10:30 PM

Post #5842067

I have a basic moultry that uses a rechargeable 6 volt battery, sd card, indoor charger, and a solar charger. It does not seem to be as reliable as it once was. The newer cameras do not seem to have all these features. 6 volt battery and sd card are a plus so I would be particularly interested in a game camera with these along with the flashless night vision. Those are my preferences but not necessary if not available or you like another kind. Interested in pros and cons of yours. Thanks, Mike
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 3, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5855805

I suggest you go to the nearest big box store and ask the counter guys if they have a user of any suggested game camera. Then ask that person to show you the work that camera produces. Take your time. You will be told they are all good. Fine but who has one that I can go talk to and see the work it produces. Don't buy any that you are not satisified with based on your research.

I will tell you that black bears love the PVC case that mine is in. They lick and chew it because of the chloride salts. In our bear country it is hard to keep on a tree for that reason.
Texasescimo
Argyle, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2008
12:23 AM

Post #5856018

Thanks.
I am fascinated by bears. My middle son moved to Alaska about two years ago. We went there for two weeks last summer. We saw some small black bears while fishing, but did not see any grizzlys or large black bears. I really wanted to see some large bears.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America