Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Aunt Bett, Porky, and Lye Soap: Thank you

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Porky, and Lye Soap
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Porky, and Lye SoapReplies: 2, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
paulineristeau
Warren, MI

December 2, 2008
6:58 AM

Post #5850000

Sharran
Thank you so much for your great stories.Up late tonight unable to sleep and you bring a smile once again :) Leaving in the morning to go " home " as my mother has to have surgury Wednesday and I will be taking care of her and Grandmama ( whether she likes it or not lol) will have to ask Grandmama what they did about soap. She is 87 and grew up in the country so I bet they didn't buy it.
Thank you again
Pauline
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2008
7:02 AM

Post #5850006

Pauline, I am up late too, working on another Granny Ninna story.
Have a safe trip home, and my best to your mother for a speedy recovery, and to your grandmother for her memories that she will share with you.
Thank you for writing, and please let me know how things go, with your mother, and I would like to know what your grandmother says about her soap, too.
Be safe,
sharon

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 3, 2013
2:50 AM

Post #9720481

Sharran, thank you for yet another beautiful article about Aunt Betty and Ninna. I LOVE how you share your growing up stories with us, what a richly beautiful life you've been blessed with. I really look forward to your next story!!

Pauline, I will keep all y'all in my prayers (Mom for her surgery, and you and Grandmama ... so she'll enjoy your 'taking care of her'. ;) )
If you please, I also would love to hear what Grandmama has to say about soap. Would it be too much to ask you to share what you learn in the thread here please?

God bless you both! =)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Porky, and Lye Soap Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent work! adinamiti 4 Nov 29, 2008 6:47 AM
I've been waiting for this one Indygardengal 5 Nov 29, 2008 1:32 AM
Wood ashes..... imapigeon 1 Nov 29, 2008 1:23 AM
Good One phicks 1 Nov 29, 2008 6:46 AM
Those chestnuts eskarp 0 Dec 2, 2013 5:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America