Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Hydroponic Gardening: Reflective Film

Communities > Forums > Hydroponic Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Hydroponic GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 97
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mocjack
Richmond, TX

December 2, 2008
7:05 PM

Post #5851392

Has anyone experimented with reflective film to aid in reflecting light back onto plants? I have a fairly decent CFL system I use now, and I am cheating a little with a piece of plywood covered in an aluminum foil right now. I keep reading about all types of reflective film that supposedly provide great results... Anyone tried any of these and can you recommend one?

Thanks!

-Jack
VbSparky
Dansville, NY
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #6137075

Mylar is just about the best film to use. i have used emergency blankets found in the camping section
of walmart. put a small piece of duct tap where you want to staple to hold it to the wall better.
another thing u can use is panda film and it goes by other names too. its plastic film with white
on one side and black on the other. I got my whole room covered in mylar.

Thumbnail by VbSparky
Click the image for an enlarged view.

WNYwillieB
Buffalo, NY
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #6137771

I have used thin mylar for wallpaper. Great stuff. Rolls are worth it. Not too expensive.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hydroponic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hydroponic Lettuce s_neubaum 2 Jul 6, 2007 3:42 AM
cloninig machine dmichael619 12 May 20, 2007 4:27 AM
Emily's Garden Florida 2 Apr 3, 2007 2:08 PM
Making our own nutrient solution? Florida 7 Jun 2, 2008 12:50 AM
trouble with ezclone machine artfern 1 Apr 4, 2007 2:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America