Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Passifloras: Grassy Knoll Exotic Plants

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 9, Views: 233
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dbsmith2
Amsterdam, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 6, 2008
3:21 PM

Post #5864559

Has anyone ordered passionflowers from this site? I'm very tempted.
http://gkexoticplants.com/catalog/Passiflora-2-1.html

LouisianaMark
Baton Rouge, LA

December 7, 2008
1:08 AM

Post #5866105

I have, and have been very satisfied.

Mark
3gardeners
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:08 AM

Post #5907035

Did you miss the Passiflora Co-op too? I've been hoping for one for a year now and it can a went in a flash. :-( They are so darn expensive. I can't bring myself to pay $16 plus shipping for what would be an annual for me. But they are so VERY beautiful!! Let me know if you decide on a particular seller. :-)
dbsmith2
Amsterdam, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2008
11:01 AM

Post #5907429

I did miss the co-op, but I understand why the numbers were limited. I was toying with the idea of asking Grassy Knolls for a group discount on the $15 plants when I saw the co-op. I'll contact her and see if we can get any kind of price break if we order x total number of plants. I already have a wish list of 15 (or more).

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008 6:21 AM
3gardeners
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
5:51 PM

Post #5908535

I'd be tempted to go overboard! There are so many beautiful varieties. I have one common passiflora that is very invasive. VERY. Shoots come up everywhere. I have to pull them all spring. They come up all out in the yard. My yard and my neighbor;s yard across the fence. The flower is beautiful though. If you think those shoots are viable, I'll be more than happy to send them to you. Just let me know. They do have a few roots on the end of them.

I'm knew to vines. It's hard for me to vision where to place them in my landscape. I have a typical suburban square backyard that is fenced in. I love gardening but lack any design ability. I think this winter I will spend some time looking through some books featuring vine placement in sun and part sun locations. I need some height in my gardens.
cannagirl
DeRidder, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
9:21 AM

Post #5946737

We'll be having a summer co-op for the Grassy Knoll Passifloras. Elizabeth hasn't given me the date yet, but just keep a check on the co-op forum. I'll also post on the Passiflora forum once the co-op is posted.

I agree, it suprised me how fast the co-op went...Lol, one day!

When my order comes in I will have 7 different passifloras to trade for other passifloras I don't have. Anyone interested please D-mail me.

Dollie
dbsmith2
Amsterdam, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2008
1:00 PM

Post #5946904

Would Elizabeth ship full size plants directly to members if we meet a certain total number of orders? Or will it be cuttings that you split and reship?
cannagirl
DeRidder, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #5947269

Yes, you can order directly from Elizabeth. The co-op that was just filled was for rooted cuttings. These will be shipped directly to me, then I re-ship to co-op participants. Our summer co-op will be for full-sized plants, again shipped to me. I will ship out all passiflora vines the next day after I get them.

You can purchase a 20 pot vine cuttings...this will be only one variety for $60.00...$3.00 each. Or you can purchase single passifloras for her store.

Hope this helps.

Dollie
Kylie2x
Millsap, TX

March 21, 2009
8:47 PM

Post #6300396

Any update on the Passi Co-OP?? GK's is an awesome seller Great Plants and Very Nice People.. Elizabeth is so very easy to work with...
Kylie
cannagirl
DeRidder, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 25, 2009
4:32 AM

Post #6316050

Hi Kylie,
Just posted an update. Passifloras are enroute to me. As soon as they arrive, I'll repack and ship next day.
I agree, Elizabeth is very easy to deal with...a 100% sweetie.
Dollie

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America