Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cameras and Photography: Has anyone wondered about "Histograms"?

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 1, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

December 7, 2008
5:28 PM

Post #5867854

Well, I did. And found some good information here http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/understanding-histograms.shtml It gave me some insight to what it really is and how to analyze.

I use Picasa 3 for my simple image editing needs. This displays the histogram of an image. My Panasonic Lumix FZ8 also has this option. I learnt a bit about histograms on that link. Hope this comes in handy to others too.

hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5868053

Yep, histograms are great tools for determining if you got the exposure correct in the field. Not that I use them a lot but sometimes they really help.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America