Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners: Annabelle Hydrangea

Communities > Forums > Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners
bookmark
Forum: Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern GardenersReplies: 3, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
oldmandan
Omaha, NE

December 8, 2008
12:32 PM

Post #5870035

I read with interest your article on this shrub but I was wondering if you would tell me how big this gets. I have limited space left after everything else is planted but I have always wanted a Hydrangea because my Mother had one when I was growing up.

Thank you for the article.

plantfreak78

plantfreak78
Rolesville, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2008
5:48 PM

Post #5871024

In my zone 'Annabelle' usually grows no more than 3 feet tall but spreads to around 6 feet wide. Here at the nursery, we jokingly call it the "creeping Hydrangea" :)
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2008
10:35 PM

Post #5871988

Thats about the same dimensions of a mature one in my area too.
ACWinOH
Sandusky, OH
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2008
11:01 PM

Post #5872093

I have three plants. Limelight is 3 years, appx 4' tall and 5' wide. The Pink Diamond is a 2 year standard and about 4' tall so far. Blushing Bride is new and bloomed at only 6" tall - The blooms were bigger than the plant! Wonderful. I have an unidentified plant that was a gift and it's already appx 18" the first year and a neon pink bloom. They are definitely worth the space in my opinion! My gardening space is 40' wide and appx 55ish long so I know about small space gardening. :) - Carol

PS. Great, as always, Todd!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Shrubby Hydrangea for Northern Gardeners Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you, Todd pirl 14 Dec 14, 2008 1:25 PM
H. macrocephala? plantfreak78 2 Dec 8, 2008 5:43 PM
Great info geraldine87 0 Dec 8, 2008 1:23 PM
My lovelies from zone 3 lynnann50 2 Dec 8, 2008 10:35 PM
Pruning Hydrangea? msbehavoyeur 3 Dec 9, 2008 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America