Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: CityGreen: Re-greening a city after a deadly storm: Ice Storm

Communities > Forums > Article: CityGreen: Re-greening a city after a deadly storm
bookmark
Forum: Article: CityGreen: Re-greening a city after a deadly stormReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grits74571
Talihina, OK

December 8, 2008
1:58 PM

Post #5870222

Have not been to Tulsa since the storm but I have been to McAlester and it was pretty bad and understand that Muscogee suffered some major damage ,,I live in Talihina and we had zero damage whereas up on the Mountain at the Talimena Drive it was very bad ,,With a lot of rain and good weather over the summer nowadays wouldn't even know that there was any ice at all ..We were just lucky to be far enough south to be by-passed...The pic is of Talimena National Scenic driev

Thumbnail by grits74571
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Aunt_A

December 9, 2008
4:59 AM

Post #5873324

grits74571,

Wow; what a picture. Thanks for sharing it with us all. I glad that at least a small area in Oklahoma was not damaged by the storm.

Talimena National Scenic Drive is a lovely place. Sometimes we drive through there.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

April
grits74571
Talihina, OK

December 15, 2008
11:45 PM

Post #5895366

Hope lots of people see that pic and think "I should go there" I live just six miles from the visitor center and that pic was taken less than amile on up the road

Thumbnail by grits74571
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: CityGreen: Re-greening a city after a deadly storm Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Powerful.. Sharran 4 Jan 6, 2012 7:17 AM
Very good MitchF 2 Dec 9, 2008 2:48 PM
Trees are a breath of life Acemoose 1 Dec 9, 2008 5:06 AM
Heart breaking and Heart warming duchessdreams 2 Dec 9, 2008 4:22 PM
Moral of story... FrillyLily 1 Dec 10, 2008 5:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America