Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: need finger food

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 2, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gabriell
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2008
5:50 AM

Post #5883777

I am having friends to lunch next week. One friend is in a wheelchair and has no use of one hand and little use of the other. I understand when she eats she has to use a big spoon and has a little trouble using it. I want to have finger sandwiches .I'd like to have something not just ordinary. Can anyone suggest something interesting? A friend sent me a sour cream-mayonaise mixture to be spread and rolled up in flour tortillas.Cut in small pieces it will be good. Just need something creative.Thanks for any help.
grownut
Clarkson, KY

December 13, 2008
3:31 AM

Post #5886718

You might try hand rolled sushi and tortillas, alternating forms. Most major grocery chains have the ingredients (rice, seaweed, mirin)
http://japanesefood.about.com/cs/sushirecipe/ht/ht_sushirice.htm

The nice part is this is all hand-held food with any combination of veggies/ pickles/ meat you care to put in. cucumbers, carrots, cream cheese, tuna, salmon, lunch meats, pastes, egg salad. An example would be seaweed, rice, lettuce leaf, egg salad, all rolled up in a pretty hand-held unit. Or pickles, carrots and cream cheese, cut into strips and rolled into another. Lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and ground beef rolled up into a tortilla.
Bubba_MoCity
Missouri City, TX

December 16, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5898275

Was at a party where someone made what looked like a white iced cake - actually was flour tortillas layered with cream cheese and "frosted" with more. When sliced into thin slices was easy to hold and eat. You could flavor the cream cheese with your favorite seasonings or spices or ????.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America