-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2008
7:01 AM

Post #5889896

Thanks Kelli...funny how we assume everybody has the same associations with Christmas as we do. I love all your ideas, and if I were not stuck in a state where the weather can change in a heartbeat, I could easily enjoy all that you mention. Of course I love our quirky weather because it usually is not boring, and i will also happily accept my memories and traditions, but it is fun to see it from another perspective..

Thank you for another great article.

Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 14, 2008
11:49 AM

Post #5890045

I really enjoyed this. I have celebrated Christmas in a warm climate for many years now and would never go back to snow; I love the way it looks in pictures though!!
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2008
4:56 PM

Post #5890697

Thanks. I think there is a good lesson in this: enjoy whatever you have. Obviously, you do.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 14, 2008
7:26 PM

Post #5891102

Thank you, Kelli! I enjoyed this article.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 15, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #5892572

Thank you everyone for your comments.
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

December 15, 2008
5:29 PM

Post #5894121

I remember, when I was a young child in Wisconsin, my mother praying for snow for a "white" Christmas, then when it started, praying for it to stop so whoever was driving could make it to our family Christmas get-together. When I was 10 and we moved to Sunnyvale, CA, then to Santa Barbara my Dad vowed to never see snow again and that included taking us to the mountains!! He barbequed our first CA turkey! They now live in Dallas, so snow is unlikely, but not impossible. I'm inland in So CA and 4 years ago we had snow the Sun before Thanksgiving - at least until about 3PM. DH from Las Cruces, NM said he would like to live somewhere "with 4 seasons", but starts to complain of cold when its 50. LOL. We have seasons, as Kelli alluded to - Rainy, Fire, Santa Ana winds, Very hot (May to Nov this year). Several of these overlap!
CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
2:16 AM

Post #5896035

Kelli, I grew up in So Cal and lived on the CA Central Coast for 30 years--now for the past three years I have lived in much more snowy New England. Your comments about how the holidays have meaning no matter WHAT the climate really ring true with me.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Christmas: Snow or No Snow, It's All Good Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hey phicks 1 Dec 15, 2008 3:06 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America