-
AuthorContent
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 15, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #5894366

DH thinks he wants one; does anyone have any experience with these?

I am looking at this one . . .Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven Model 03430

Thumbnail by TwinLakesChef
Click the image for an enlarged view.

TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 15, 2008
7:01 PM

Post #5894371

120 volts AC, 1235 watts. The pizza pan is 13-1/4". Overall size: 15.80 inches x 14.50 inches x 10.30 inches

I think it weighs around 9 pounds.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2008
7:13 PM

Post #5894409

i always thought i might want one if love pizza have it lot it would be worht while but then oven is handy to.lol.. sorry about that.. i love pizza been few yrs since had it think once in 4 1/2 yrs.
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 15, 2008
10:01 PM

Post #5894970

hi hope,
How are ya? My DH loves pizza so I think he might use it a lot and there might be other things you could warm with it that need to keep the crispiness a microwave cannot do.

I make him a lot of home made pizza. Sometimes I use the grill but during the winter I power my oven up to 550 degrees while assembling and that seems like a waste of energy. If this little gadget can make his pizza crisp on the bottom, it might just do the trick.

Some of the others I looked at looked too heavy. And we would probably never store them away because of the weight. This looks easy enough to pick up and put away.
MsKatt
Mid-Michigan, MI
(Zone 5b)

December 16, 2008
4:31 AM

Post #5896441

We have one, have had it for about 3 years. My husband loves it and it DOES get the crust crispy on the bottom. I can't stand it sitting on the counter all the time, lol.
ooojen
Lewiston, MN

December 16, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #5897475

I'll be honest; I always thought of counter-top pizza cookers as a bit "gimmicky". After seeing your post, I went to Amazon to check out people's reviews of the model you're considering. After reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I'm seriously thinking I'd have good use for one! I guess I'd been too quick to judge. The real testimonial comes from folks who used their first pizza cookers for hundreds of pizzas & are back to buy a replacement now that the originals have finally worn out.
I like the idea that the pan comes off, so you could keep the base unit on the counter & put the pan in the cupboard-- takes up less counter space, but easy to set up. (In my case, I could fit one in the appliance garage if the pan were removed.)
The only significant drawback I see is that you're limited in the size pizza you can bake. DH (who's very physically active) can eat a pizza that size by himself! I'd have to get one of those spare pan-trays & have a second pizza ready to go for the girls and me. :)

If you decide to go ahead and get one, please let us know your impressions of it.
19flip44
Camanche, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2008
3:36 PM

Post #5897527

Hi; Sure like mine and this is the third one I used, When the kids left home they took it with them. It's great for left over pizza also. You can buy one pizza at regular price and the others for 5 bucks, 5 bucks, 5 bucks. Hey I'm getting hungry!
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 16, 2008
5:28 PM

Post #5897970

Well, this is encouraging. My DH taste buds call for crispy . . everything crispy . . he'll even eat burnt toast. He eats much later in the evening than me and is alway reheating things in a toaster oven; I think he might like this gadget better. Some things you can re-warm in the microwave but if you want crispy this might do it. I will come back and post after we get it and try it.
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

December 19, 2008
2:19 PM

Post #5907793

Last night we tried out the pizza oven; bought a fresh un baked pizza at Papa Murphy's Pizza. Their instructions say that the cardboard tray the pizza comes on can be put right in a oven. So I removed all the plastic wrap, and slipped the pizza along with it's cardboard tray onto the pizza pan.

12 minutes on "Lower" setting 12 minutes on "Dual" setting

Our chicken with garlic pizza was perfectly crisp on the bottom and topping were fully heated and bubbly - nothing over cooked or dried out. It was very good!

You are limited to a 12" pizza but this is a nice alternative to heating up a huge oven for two people to have pizza.
I have some home made pizza in the freezer; may thaw that out next week and see how it does on reheating a pizza. Then the next test will be to buy a frozen uncooked pizza and see what it does for that.

I am starting to think of other uses for this oven; maybe pizza dough with mascarpone cheese spread on it; bake and slice up, top with fresh fruit and serve. Garnish with Crème fraiche.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America