AuthorContent
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
6:32 PM

Post #5898188

Hi,

I had a nice camera and it died last year. All I have now is my camera phone which does not take very nice photos. So I need a nice point and shoot camera that takes good macro shots. And I do not have very much money at all. So do you all know of a good point and shoot camera that takes good macro shots and costs under a $100? I had such a nice camera and I sure do miss it. And I had saved up enough money for a nice Canon with changeable lenses. But that was when I lived in AU and that money got taken away so now all I have money for is just an inexpensive point and shoot. But since I have had to start my life over, I guess I will do the same thing with the camera. So for the time being, an inexpensive one is all that I can do. And I am hoping that I can talk the hubby into getting it for me for my birthday in January. He does not have a lot to give me right now since he is paying for both households. But maybe he can come up with maybe $100 or so.

I have been looking at them online and there are just so many of them out there for sell now. How do I go about finding the best one? So if any of you have a good inexpensive point and shoot that you really like, could you please let me know what type it is and why you like it?

Thank you so much,
Jesse
cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM
(Zone 7b)

December 16, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #5898310

I love my Fugifilm Finepix, takes the best ever for a point and shoot and the macros are really nice too. I have a friend who takes wonderful photos with a Canon Powershot. I recommend you check out both of them. Here is a great link to compare cameras.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
7:08 PM

Post #5898340

Hi Cactus,

I have a question for you about your Fuji Finepix. On the camera that I used to have, it seemed like it took forever between the time I snapped one picture and then the time when the camera was ready again to take the next shot. How long does that take on the Fuji? That was always my biggest problem with the one I had. If this one does not take a long time, then it sounds like it is one that I would really like.

Jesse
cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM
(Zone 7b)

December 16, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5898361

I know what you mean. That is one thing I don't like about the point and shoots-can't set them for really fast photos. On the little Finepix it does have a "sport" setting that is faster but not like grabbing my SLR and setting a really fast shutter speed. I think it is about 1/500th of a second and the newer ones are twice that fast. You can compare on that link I gave you. Mine is an older one, a Z5 and no longer on there!
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
7:23 PM

Post #5898383

I was looking at that site comparing two different Fuji Finepix cameras, and on the item that says macro focus range, one says 10 cm and the other says 2 cm. Which one of the settings is best, the 10 or the 2?

As far as shutter speed is concerned, one says 1/1000 sec and the other says 1/2000 sec. Which one of those is the best?

As you can see, I know nothing about all these little details. All I know how to do is point and shoot. So please forgive my ignorance on these things. I just want the best camera that I can get for the money.

Jesse
cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM
(Zone 7b)

December 16, 2008
7:27 PM

Post #5898402

I think the range they are referring to is how close you can have the camera to take the macro. So I guess the 2cm would be better, but I may not have that one correct!

1/2000th of a second is twice as fast as 1/1000th though so that would be better if you are wanting a really fast speed.
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
8:09 PM

Post #5898543

Well on my old camera, when I would take the photo, I would have to wait for it to preview the image that it had just taken a photo of. And that would take forever. So what I want is a camera that I can just snap a picture and then it will be ready to snap another picture without having to wait so long. I am not sure what that is called though. I just know that it took so long. The camera I had was an HP Photosmart 946 I think. It was a great camera but I would get so frustrated because after I would take a photo I would have to wait forever before the camera was ready again to take another photo. That is what I want to avoid and I have seen people with the P&S cameras take a photo and then turn right around and take another one without all of that wait time. So that is what I was trying to explain. I just don't know the technical term for it, or if there even is a technical term for it. Whatever it is, I don't want it again on my next camera. Does that make any sense? I sure hope so. So on your camera, after you take one photo, do you have to wait for a while before the camera is ready to take another photo? If not, then that is what I want.

Jesse
phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #5899078

Jesse--this thread has alrweady been helpful to me--I just bought a Cannon Powershot A590IS--my first digital camera--I have no clue about anything. My new mantra is "Back To The Manual"!LOL I looked in the manual, ands found that if you select the correct mode, and use the recomended memory card(SDC-512MSH) you can continous shoot. I saw this camera online for $99. this week.
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
10:51 PM

Post #5899103

Oh that sounds so awsome that you can do that, the continuous shoot. Thanks so much for telling me that. I will definitely look that one up for sure.

Jesse
phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2008
11:45 PM

Post #5899279

Maybe after I get the camera figured out, I'll learn to type! LOL---alrweady???!!!!! Rotflol!
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2008
11:59 PM

Post #5899317

I would not worry about your typing. I was able to figure out what you were saying just fine. So don't worry about it. LOL

Jesse
phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #5899558

Good...:-) and good luck with your camera search! Post some pics when you get your new camera!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America