Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar: What a great article!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedarReplies: 4, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
daylilydaddy
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2008
6:41 PM

Post #5898237

Sharon
I come to understand you more and more through your writing. Only you as a small child would want your little brother to have a tree. Your "ladies" were incredible people, just like you. I had started some cedars at my old house also. I don't have evergreens here. I went back and dug those little trees so I could see them here also.
Great job!!
George
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5898272

Hi George, thank you.

Well, baby brothers need Christmas trees, too!
I am glad you have the cedars at your house, hard to believe they don't grow wild there in your neck of the woods. They'll give you some color against your snow. And speaking of, we did get about an inch of the white stuff last night! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Thank you for writing, always nice to hear from you.
Merry Christmas.
Sharon
daylilydaddy
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #5898884

Our soil is too alkaline for the cedars. These 2 I planted and amended so I could have one of my favorite little evergreens here in the hollar'
Great Christmas memories of real Christmas trees. My eye got a little wet(not tears mind you! LOL) when I read this article.
gloriag
Floyd, VA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2008
4:12 AM

Post #5907049

Sharon, This was so well written and nicely balanced and touching too. I enjoyed reading it so much.

I only have one problem with cedars; aren't they a little prickly? The smell is unforgettable.

Gloria
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
5:29 AM

Post #5907223

Hi Gloria,
Cedars are less prickly than most, I think. And the scent is amazing.

I do appreciate your words, please know they are always well received. Thank you so much.

Happy Holidays to you!
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
a beautiful tree debi_k 13 Dec 24, 2008 3:19 AM
Nice phicks 1 Dec 16, 2008 6:25 PM
Very Moving! BennysPlace 5 Dec 17, 2008 1:55 AM
AHHHMy Counrty of birth.... Gitagal 1 Dec 17, 2008 5:39 AM
"baby socks for the star" Aunt_A 1 Dec 17, 2008 5:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America