Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar: Very Moving!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedarReplies: 5, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

December 16, 2008
7:21 PM

Post #5898379

It is so important to focus on the human side of gardening. It is the personal, emotional stories that give the garden its light and life. You have a wonderful ability of sharing these stories Sharon.

Yet another delightful read and I thank you.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5898410

Nice to know we think along the same branches, Ben. My feelings exactly. Thank you for taking the time to read the article.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Sharon
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2008
10:57 PM

Post #5899122

I agree--what a heartwarming story, so filled with love, yet still gave us a chuckle with your cousin being 'bossed around by an eight-year-old." Love it!

Edit: Our hillside is covered with those cedars, and I will think about the Native American story now when I go for my hikes between them. Thanks for the history!

This message was edited Dec 16, 2008 6:00 PM
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2008
11:06 PM

Post #5899152

Hi KY,
Thank you for your words. Hard to write about memories without a few tears, but I always try to find a smile in there somewhere. That bossy demeanor served me well when I taught, though, had to have something since I wasn't big enough to boss them around with my size!

Glad you liked the story, and thank you for writing. I always enjoy hearing from you.
Sharon
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 17, 2008
1:47 AM

Post #5899706

I'm late to read this but what a wonderful story and what beautiful feelings you have evoked.
Thank you Sharon.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
1:55 AM

Post #5899740

And thank you, Dutchlady.
Your words always mean a lot.

This story is a hard one for me to tell, and also hard for me to read after writing it.

So I spent an hour on the phone with my brother tonight, just because.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
a beautiful tree debi_k 13 Dec 24, 2008 3:19 AM
Nice phicks 1 Dec 16, 2008 6:25 PM
What a great article! daylilydaddy 4 Dec 19, 2008 5:29 AM
AHHHMy Counrty of birth.... Gitagal 1 Dec 17, 2008 5:39 AM
"baby socks for the star" Aunt_A 1 Dec 17, 2008 5:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America