Photo by Melody

Weather: December Daily Weather 3 - the weather last thread of 2008?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 314, Views: 2,159
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2008
1:47 AM

Post #5899708

We've come from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930852/

The thread was getting pretty long to load, even with cable. :-)

That's a beautiful tree, Bernie!!

Celia's icicles...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Click the image for an enlarged view.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2008
2:06 AM

Post #5899766

We got a WHOPPING 1" of snow!
The city is paralyzed ...
Hope we can survive on the food we have stocked up... LOL!

Ric

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2008
2:11 AM

Post #5899791

LOL Ric!! We have around 3 in here in the Metro and 5 inches and more up north. And people are in ditches everywhere here too. Not even our first snow of the season either!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 17, 2008
2:21 AM

Post #5899828

I've heard about KC drivers. My brother was there years ago when it snowed. Only a inch or so & nobody could move!

Another pic of the snow.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2008
3:09 AM

Post #5899979

adina, congratulations on all your hard work!!!
How come people in snowy zones cannot drive in snow?
We now have 2" and it is raining freezing rain. Should be real nice tomorrow morning. Temps a little below freezing. Supposed to keep up all night, then melt after noontime tomorrow.
We are fortunate in that we do not have those arctic temps enjoyed by our friends in Michigan and Minnesota and Colorado, and Iowa.. Not our turn YET!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2008
3:14 AM

Post #5899998

The big problem with KC drivers is they get in a hurry and drive too fast. When it snows we usually have black ice which makes things worse. I drive slow and when someone passes me I always yell "See ya in the ditch!" LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
4:13 AM

Post #5900160

My brother says it was -22 in Montana this morning. No thank you. I'll pass.

We're at 17 now. We got about 2" of the white stuff today. Isis didn't do her usual blind run into it. She stopped short of door and slunk around the corner.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
7:07 AM

Post #5900511

Kwanjin LOL about Isis. Lee
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2008
10:51 AM

Post #5900621

Bernie Pull out the t-shirtsI feel the heat coming from your area! LOL! Love the snow picture. I like your ornaments. Very pretty!
Marylyn Thank you for starting a new thread!

All this talk of snow and were having a heat wavesupposed to be in the 80s this weekend. Im not ready for summer yet.

Se_eds I dont know, but they laugh at us when it snows here and we have to shut down. We dont have snow tires, chains, plows, etc... LOL!

The main problem we have is when it doesn't rain for a long time, then it does, our roads get very slick due. Then we see people in the ditch who have driven too fast.

Celia LOL at Isis!

55.2 F / 12.9 C
Fog
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 51 F / 11 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 0.2 miles / 0.4 kilometers
Elevation: 18 ft / 5 m

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EST this morning...

Today
Partly cloudy. Widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. High 76. Southwest winds 5 mph.

Pea went to work with me...here she is putting her toys away :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
10:52 AM

Post #5900623

MySharona, great pic of the dog. Is it a puppy or mature? and what kind is it? Lee
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2008
10:55 AM

Post #5900629

She's a Chi baby at almost 2lbs. She's only get to 4 maybe 5 lbs. Here she is burying her bone in the box. She tried to bury it in her carrier too.

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
11:10 AM

Post #5900648

Well, she's absolutely adorable. Lee

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2008
1:16 PM

Post #5900849

Good Mornin'! I thought that it was supposed to get 'freezy' last night, but it didn't, which is a good thing, because it rained almost an inch yesterday. Counties to the north got all of the ice & snow. Right now it's a warm 41, but the sky looks like snow.
Cloudy: 41F
Feels like: 41F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 41
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 7 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.25 in
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:32 AM
Sunset: 5:07

Welcome CountryGardens & Rocco!
Celia, I do believe that Sir Monty is a 'ham'! Is that his 'play dead' pose? LOL Kitties are so funny! :D
Sharon, Pea is as cute as can be! :D It's so nice you can take him to work w/you. btw, How is Gary doing?
Marylyn, It's so great that your parents come for a visit! I bet they came by my house on their way to FL! (I've been waving! :)
Se_eds, are you feeling better? Hope so!
Rann, Lovin' the trolls! I've been reading some to JW. He just oooos & awwww's! I think that next year he'll understand more (or maybe the next year). ;) Are you & Selma feeling better? 'Hope so. I think stomach bugs are gong around here, too. A local hospital has one entire floor quarantined because of it, but it's not a large hospital & not the one Emily works at.
Marsue, Your DGD is Gorgeous! and so is her dress!
Ric, We may get a doozy of a winter this year, it's already been way colder than in the past several years. Take care. Your new addition is really looking Great! You & Robyn are doing a terrific Job!
Deb, I had no idea (never really thought about it) that you could grow Impatiens indoors! Wow! I'll have to try that next year! I always hate loosing my New Guinies when the frost comes every fall comes!

Well...gotta run. I need to get outside & take more pic's! I'm running out!
Joey

(1 more of JW - & he's really not sleepy)

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2008
3:16 PM

Post #5901133

Good afternoon!

It's been a beautiful day today. It snowed this morning, it's fairly calm and I have no idea what the temperature is ...

I got sick last night :-( I hope it'll only be a 1 day bug, I can't afford to loose more days ... arrrghhh! Hildur Eva is still fine, I hope she won't catch it as well.

I've enjoyed all the posts and photos :-)

Lee - thanks, glad you've enjoyed the stories.

Sharon - awwwwwwww sweet pea is such a sweetie :-)

Joey - JW is pretty cute too! lol I'm glad you've been able to tell him the troll stories :-)

I'll try to be back later with Nr. 6 ... he brought the girls more pets ...a panda and a turtle this time ...

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5901243

rann, how many of these kitchen creatures are there? I know this is a weather forum but please pardon me as I am curious about these little things. LOL Lee
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 17, 2008
4:44 PM

Post #5901337

Sunrise: 10:12
Sunset: 3:32 with a loss of 40 seconds daylight. A few more days and it's time to add daylight.
It's been a good winter with snow on the ground since early October. The snow reflects any light, and really helps in easing the long dark.
Minus 2 with freezing fog.
Congratulations, Adina.
Thanks for the new thread, Marylyn.
Take care on those slippery roads for those with winter driving conditions.
kwanjin~ at minus 22 in Montana, your brother could toss hot coffee in the air and watch it vaporize.
Keep cool for those where it's getting warm.
From a few years ago; vaporized hot water. (repeat pic; but may be new to some).

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
4:47 PM

Post #5901350

Lee, there are 13 of the little guys. They are the sons of a demon named Grla who used to be very nasty but now is reformed. It's been fun following along.

16F with 28 for the high. It's suppposed to snow more today but all I see are blue skies.
Feels like: 8F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↓
Dewpoint: 11
Humidity: 78%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.01 in
Wind: 6 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:46 AM
Sunset: 5:01 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Juncos feeding on fallen seed.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
4:50 PM

Post #5901355

We crossed, Kiska. I'll have to tell him to give that a try.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5901748

GRRRR--I had a post all typed up and lost it! I hate it when that happens!
Well, here goes again:
Sharon: 80--I can feel the sweat running down my brow already! LOL Sweetpea is precious and not spoiled one bit, is she?
Kiska and Rann: I love both of your wintry scenes--so pretty.
Rann: troll # 5 would have liked it in my kitchen in years past--plenty of leftovers--some of them even had mold growing on them! LOL I hope you and Selma are feeling better.
Kiska and Sharon: I have two grandsons, ages, 23 and 21, who are both over 6 feet. I have to stand on tiptoe to hug them! LOL
Celia: your junco picture reminds me that I need to put some bird seed out in the feeders.
Bernie: those are some beautiful cabinets. Beautiful Christmas tree, too!
Joey: JW is cute as ever! Get some of that neck sugar for me! :o))

All you folks who live up in the frozen north: I thought it was only we southerners who couldn't drive on the snow! I guess that driving in the ditches is a national thing, isn't it? LOL

The schools have been closed here for the last two days. We are due to have a high of 40 today so all the ice/snow should melt off the roadways. The town streets are pretty much clear--it is the country roads that have prevented the school buses from getting around to pick up all the students--therefore, no school.
Here is a pic of our wintry mix yesterday morning:

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 17, 2008
7:16 PM

Post #5901770

Congratulations, Adina! Yay!!!

The weather today is ugly and it is odd to have wind from the northeast and rain at the same time. Note that there is even a wind chill.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 10:51 AM PST on December 17, 2008
46 F / 8 C
Light Rain
Windchill: 39 F / 4 C
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 36 F / 2 C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 26 mph / 43 km/h / 11.8 m/s
Pressure: 29.77 in / 1008 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3700 ft / 1127 m
Overcast 4400 ft / 1341 m
(Above Ground Level)

Another picture from Santa Cruz Island. (Today would not be a good day to go to SCI.) The dead-ish plants along the side of the road are fennel. It's ugly, it's invasive, but it smells good. There was so much of it that you could smell it down below where it wasn't as windy.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2008 11:30 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 17, 2008
7:17 PM

Post #5901772

Pretty much the same location but a different angle

Thumbnail by Kelli

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 17, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #5902023

Rusty: I see a whole lot of blooming and growing potential in those snow-covered pots on your deck!
Ric: 1" of snow here would cause a widespread panic! There are no plows and no salt trucks. It snows - we sit. LOL.
Joey: JW just gets cuter and cuter!
Kiska: Only 4 days til Solstice!!
Kelli: rain is good! Of course, you could probably do without the cold wind! Love your pics of SCI.
Rann: Hope you feel better quick!

Today: Mostly sunny and warm.. High 76. Tonight: Clear and cool. Low 52. (We had to turn the a/c on yesterday afternoon.)

Deb
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2008
9:47 PM

Post #5902242

Thanks for the wellwishes ... I sure hope I'll be better tomorrow. It's been a pretty miserable day.

Kelli - great photos from SCI. Cool and wet! Although it's pretty nasty I bet the rain is welcome!

Adina - I forgot earlier - Congratulations!!! Great for you :-)

Lee - Celia answered your question, there are 13 trolls, they're not all kitchen lurkers though ;-) lol

Rann

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2008
9:52 PM

Post #5902259

Who's our troll for the day, Rann?
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2008
9:53 PM

Post #5902263

OK here's number 6: Askasleikir (Ask-a (=apple) -slaik-ir)

Number 6 is Askasleikir and unlike Pottaskefill he wasn't very sneaky. He was on the lookout for food containers* with leftovers in them that people would put out for the cats and dogs. So he used to hide under beds waiting for something to turn up.** When he got his hands on some leftovers he'd slurp them down as loudly as he could, with little regard to good manners.

* The traditional wooden containers food was served in are named "askur".

** This was back in the days of the turfhouses when the living and sleeping area were in the same space ... today he'd not find much to eat under beds.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2008
1:08 AM

Post #5902933

Mostly cloudy but the sun peeked thru a few times. Got up to 25 deg and it felt great!! LOL. The roads are still a mess around here but most of the highways are clear. Some of the lesser used ones still have slick spots but they weren't that bad.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2008
2:11 AM

Post #5903220

Deb 1" here causes a panic and we HAVE all those things! LOL!

Ric
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 18, 2008
2:42 AM

Post #5903343

Ric: I'll keep you in my prayers. ;->
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2008
2:49 AM

Post #5903368

LOL!! That's pretty bad Ric. Sometimes people around here panic over that much but usually they just drive too fast. lol

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2008
4:32 AM

Post #5903698

-6 again tonight.
Snowstorm forecast for Thursday night.
Not so bad here, terrible stuff for KC & I suppose on to Ohio.

Put in a couple cabinets for an older lady today. She is doing her kitchen as she can afford it. A half a dozen or so cabinets to go.

A guy I have done a lot of cabinet work for, bought a new fish house. He needs a bigger table in there, so I will be doing that tomorrow.
He has found lots of jobs for me, so I will do this as his reward!
Would you believe $7300.00 for a fish house ? For you southern types, the fish house is put out on a frozen lake to sit in & fish here in the winter.
Some lakes have hundreds.

Going to go through our seeds soon & put some of the perennials in the freezer. Then we can sow them in early Feb.
I plan on selling started perennials this spring at Farmers Market. Also going to a couple Round up's, so will have something to take along.

Well off to bed for me.
Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2008
10:54 AM

Post #5904037

Joey Gary is doing pretty good. He still has the crud, the chemo didnt help with that. He had a cat scan yesterday, but we dont know the results yet. He is going to PA tomorrow for Christmas with his Mom and stepdad. JW is sooo cute! Bubble on his belly for me LOL! I can hear the squeals LOL!
Rann I hope yall are feeling better. I hate that you are getting sick this time of year.
Kiska Send some of that reflective light (snow) down here!
Celia The Juncos are so pretty.
Marsue Nope, Pea isnt spoiled at all LOL! How is Friday doing? Looks like the snow decided to fall only in certain areas!
Kelli I like Fennel only in small doses, not a fan of licorice. But I love the pictures!
Bernie Theres a lot I could with $7,300 and none of it would have anything to do with a fish house LOL! Im guessing they have some sort of heat source? Why are they so expensive?

55.3 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 56 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.19 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the morning. High 77. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the east around 5 mph in the afternoon.

And it just gets hotter. We are looking at possible record heat in the next couple of days. I'm really looking forward to Monday when it cools off. Sweating just thinking about this weekend.

Tuesday night on the way home from work. Strange line of clouds formed on the horizon...no rain.

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2008
12:13 PM

Post #5904124

Here's a fish house.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5904127

Part of interior. These are set up to live in for a couple days. Probably a table & some bunks in each one.
The one I am working on has a TV.

scicciarella
Mona in Metcalfe, ON
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2008
12:29 PM

Post #5904151

ottawa canada -4 celcius that is warm for us at this time of year we have about two feet of snow and tomorrow we are getting plenty more, that is all good till x-mas is over then I want all this white stuff to leave with the jolly man so I can get back to my gardens well he never listens and it takes another four months before it is gone for good and they talk about global warming, I still dont see it hahahha well that is what I get for living in a zone 5
we pray for heat lol and sunshine the only thing moving outside these days are the birds even the squirls are sleeping lol I dont blame them I would do it to given half a chance.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2008
12:39 PM

Post #5904159

Good morning!

Yet another beautiful day here today :-) Seems fairly calm, fairly bright too and 29F.

I'm feeling better - worst is over I think. Thank God for that! :-) Now I just pray that Hildur Eva won't get sick!

Schools don't close here due to bad weather unless there's a real blizzard and that doesn't happen every year. Even if the schools are closed ... people still go to work ;-) (Those who don't need to stay home with their kids). Might be late getting there but they show up. Usually when it snows, life goes on as usual, the streets are salted and cleared before the morning traffic, if it's snowing at that time people just drive SLOW! lol And the majority of people use studded tires under their cars so they can drive in pretty much anything ... ;-) I'm against them since there are more days when the streets are clear than not and the studs tear up the streets and cause air polution ... I've been fine driving on the green diamond tires for years in any kind of weather.

Nr. 7 brought Hildur Eva a piece of chockolate and Selma a piece of carrot ... I guess he ran out of potatoes ;-) lol She was a real horror last night ... probably because I was sick and not able to give her the attention she's used to. (She has a hard time dealing with things being different than usual) Kept us up until 1:30 am. She couldn't (wouldn't?) fall asleep and wanted to sleep in my bed ... I just couldn't let her do that, when I'm this sick I need my space. It was one night for crying out loud! Still I feel like a horribly bad mom for being so mean to her ... she ended up crawling into bed with Hildur Eva. I'm probably looking at her having trouble falling asleep for the next month as a result of me loosing my temper... :-( Darn it.

Well, hope you all have a great day!

Rann

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2008
12:44 PM

Post #5904168

Here's number 7: Huraskellir (Hurth(th=this)-a(a=apple)-skedl (e=end)-ir (i=in))

He's a real prankster. When everyone's asleep he'll quietly go from door to door to check which one creaks the most. When he's found the loudest door he'll slam it as hard as he can, the more noise the better. For him ofcourse, not the people he startles from their sleep.

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2008
1:40 PM

Post #5904267

It's snowing once again :-) and therefore it's cloudy, not clear ;-) lol Still very bright ... must be all that white stuff! :-)

Rann
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2008
1:58 PM

Post #5904308

Rann, my big bunny has the same trouble when things aren't in the usual routine - and it also affects her sleep. I wouldn't have let her in our bed either, so if you're a horrible mom, I am, too. ;-) I hope she'll do much better for you today - and I sure hope you are feeling better soon!!

Welcome, scicciarella! Brrrr...

It's warmer again today, and very foggy. My parents didn't go to Florida yesterday... My little sister's daughter has been sick, so they stayed in Columbus, Ohio to help her with Bekah. The poor little thing had some nasty tummy flu and couldn't keep anything down. She's 2 1/2. They took her to the children's hospital Saturday and the doctor there hooked her up to an IV for a while to rehydrate her and then sent her back home. She had lost 4 pounds before that, and lost another 3 (probably all of the fluids they just gave her) by the time they saw their regular pediatrician on Monday. She's doing a lot better now, though. Mom and Dad are planning to head our way Saturday morning, so they won't be here until Sunday night.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:31am CST (20 min ago)
Temperature 65 F 18 C
Dew Point 63 F 17 C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 30.16 in 1021.5 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir SE 140
Ceiling - -
Visibility 0.5 mi 0.8 km
Current Conditions Fog
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 62.1F / 16.7C

Today Widespread dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Otherwise cloudy with scattered showers. Warmer. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2008
4:24 PM

Post #5904751

I hope you and Selma get to feeling better very soon. Loving the trolls! LOL Darrell is getting a kick out of pronouncing the names and getting treats.

Seeds, how are you feeling these days?

Whomever else is sick, you get better, too.

Sharon, will you send some of that heat this way, please? LOL

25F with 33 for todays high. It's snowing and the flakes keep getting bigger.
Feels like: 16F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↓
Dewpoint: 18
Humidity: 68%
Visibility: 9 miles
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 8 mph N
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:02 PM

I heard a thumping sound yesterday and went to investigate.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 18, 2008
4:26 PM

Post #5904756

12F Calm, dark.
Sunrise: 10:14
Sunset: 3:32 loss of 40 seconds today. Almost to the turning point.
Welcome, scicciarella~
rann~don't be too hard yourself; bad days happen and then go on. And, get well soon.
CGardens~very nice fish house; I've not seen anything like that. Very nice get-away cabin. We just drive out and drill a hole and hope for the best.
MySharona~ I see on WUnderground photos that there was 5.5 inches of snow in Barstow, Calif. (Desert) Perhaps all the warm weather has come your way.
How cute, kwanjin.
My son and gson tending the fire while ice fishing last April. They've had good luck this past month and kept us in fresh fish.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #5905095

Scicciarella, have you ever noticed that they only promote global warming in the summer? We had a bunch of commercials on conserving energy to reduce global warming, but not a one since November.

Rann, I hope you all get to feeling better. It's a bummer to be sick at Christmas.

Bernie, I thought that being out in the weather was supposed to be part of the ice fishing experience.

I don't think it got above 43F here yesterday. That's the lowest high I can remember.

This is Oat Mountain. It is 4000 ft elevation. It doesn't get snow every year. The snow will probably be all gone by this afternoon.

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5905154

34 and cloudy. No rain yet.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2008
11:28 PM

Post #5906041

It is so gorgeous outside right now ... so despite the late hour I went outside to snap a few photos ... you never know how long it'll last ;-) lol

Have a good night everyone!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2008
1:13 AM

Post #5906400

Great pic Rann!!

It's 35* outside and finally raining. It's going back and forth between freezing and not but in the end it won't be freezing.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2008
1:35 AM

Post #5906477

Kwanjin, getting back to normal, slowly but surely. Just takes longer when you are old. LOL
rann, your pictures are very pretty.
Kiska, I know some people who make a years supply of fish from ice fishing in the winter. Good high protein food! Here in Pa. we do it with deer.

High of 37 today, the ice and snow from yesterday is gone. We are scheduled to get wintry mix of ice, snow and freezing rain again tomorrow until noon then changing to rain. At least we have little wind.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #5906979

This just in...

"THIS WINTER STORM WATCH IS FOR THE WASATCH FRONT AS WELL AS THE WASATCH MOUNTAIN VALLEYS OF NORTHERN UTAH. SNOWFALL TOTALS IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON... WITH AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 8 INCHES POSSIBLE ACROSS THE MOUNTAIN VALLEYS. THE GREATEST ACCUMULATIONS CAN BE EXPECTED ALONG THE BENCHES... AS WELL AS AREAS SOUTHEAST OF THE GREAT SALT LAKE.

A STRONG COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO PUSH SOUTH THROUGH THE AREA DURING THE DAY FRIDAY"

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2008
4:08 AM

Post #5907036

Don't say that I don't share. ;-)
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
5:47 AM

Post #5907247

LOL!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2008
11:16 AM

Post #5907439

Good morning!

It snowed again last night so we're pretty well set snow wise at the moment! Enough already! LOL As pretty as it is, it's getting pretty difficult to walk in it... Sigh, never happy. lol 31F, cloudy and fairly calm.

This is Selma's last day of school before Christmas, and a short day at that, she'll be home around 12.

So much work I didn't get done this past week that I will need to make up in the next few days ... so I'll have to make this short.

Marylyn - thanks for the reassuring words :-) Made me feel so much better :-) She fell asleep without problems last night :-)

Celia - your cats are so funny :-) lol

Kiska - this might be a dumb question but doesn't the ice melt under the fire??

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Nr. 8 brought the girls more petshop pets, two cats today and a mandarine (or tangerine or whatever their called) as well.

Another one from last night. This was based on Ric's idea ... didn't have any tomato cages but this is how it turned out ;-) lol I built it around an old tree stump to keep it "grounded" otherwise it would have blown over in the first storm I'm pretty sure.

Have a great day everyone!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2008
11:25 AM

Post #5907448

And here's number 8. Skyrgmur (Skir-(i=in)gowm (o=how) -ur)

Unlike the previous kitchen lurkers, Skyrgmur won't eat just anything. In fact there's only one thing he's after. Skyr*. If he finds a container of skyr he'll smash it open with his fist and gobble it all down, no matter the size of the container. If it's a big one, he won't be going anywhere in a hurry ... he'll just moan and groan and feel very sorry for himself. He's a real hog. lol

*Skyr (pron. skir as above) is a traditional dairly product that's kind of a cross between a thick youghurt and cream cheese, very low fat and high in protein. It's quite tangy on it's own so it's best served with quite a bit of sugar, cream and fresh berries.

Thumbnail by rannveig

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2008
12:35 PM

Post #5907526

More snow!
About 3 or 4 inches overnight. Looks to be done for now.
Too dark for anymore observations.

Time to go wake the chickens.

School closed because of snow. Starts again Jan. 5.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
12:46 PM

Post #5907541

Welcome scicciarella!

Bernie Thats some luxury for ice fishing!
Rann - Im so glad yall are feeling better. You are NOT a bad Mom! I think we all get a little short on temper when we dont feel well.
Marylyn How is your niece doing?
Celia LOL at Isis must have been a loud thump shes errras healthy as Sylvester!
Kiska What kind of fish are they catching? They may want to talk to Bernie about a fish house!
Rann- I love the snow picture how fun! Its the last day of school here too (until the new year). I like it because I wont have to drive behind any school buses for a while! Your tree looks awesome!

60.4 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 55 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.21 in (Steady)
Visibility: 2.5 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs around 80 (Say it isn't so!). Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

At least the heat wave is almost over. The temps start dropping on Sunday. Fog all week in the morning.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
12:47 PM

Post #5907544

A sleepy Sweet Pea :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5907620

MS, LOVE Sweet Pea. Lee
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
1:58 PM

Post #5907739

Good morning! Our weather looks a lot like Sharon's - warm and foggy. Today is Katie's last day of school until January, too. Yayy! Joy and I will also take the next couple of week's off of homeschool unless Joy gets too cranky and bored. Grandma and Grandpa will be here for most of that time, though, so she should be well entertained. LOL

My niece, Bekah, is doing a lot better. Thanks for asking, Sharon. :-) She's keeping her food down finally, and is able to drink again. It was a rough week for them!

On Sunday I was talking to a friend at church whose husband was out of town. She didn't know exactly when he was going to be back, because his cell phone couldn't get a signal where he was. She said there wasn't a lot nearby him... a ranch, an ice house, one little grocery store... I heard "ice house" and imagined a fish house for ice fishing like Bernie's photo. I asked "What state is Joe in??" ('cuz he sure isn't going to be doing any ice fishing down here! LOL) Christine looked at me funny, and said "Texas." Oh, right. "Ice house" means "bar" in Texas. ^_^

I love your Christmas trees, Rann! We haven't gotten to our outside decorations yet. Maybe this weekend. :-) I'm glad Selma had a better night.

Sweet Pea is sooo cute, Sharon. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:27am CST (20 min ago)
Temperature 69 F 21 C
Dew Point 66 F 19 C
Humidity 90%
Pressure 30.13 in 1020.3 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir S 180
Ceiling 3200 ft 975 m
Visibility 8 mi 12.9 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 68.0F / 20.0C

Rest of today Cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the morning, then a 20 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Patchy fog. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2008
2:58 PM

Post #5907923

I just realised what I forgot to stock up on ... ink cartridges for my printer. I've been to 3 stores and none of them have the color I need ... I decided to buy all the other ones for safe measure ... but they won't be any use if I don't find the one I need! And by the way they are obsenely expensive right now ... I better keep hunting... ;-)

Sharon - thanks! Sweet pea is so precious :-)

Marylyn - so glad your niece is feeling better!

Rann
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5908200

Welcome, scicciarella!
Marylyn: glad your niece is better--poor little thing--it's hard to have to stand by and watch them when they are sick like that. I know your girls are looking forward to your parents arrival--and you, too!
Rann and Seeds: glad the two of you are feeling better, too.
Rann; you are not a bad mom. Children need to learn to be more compassionate toward the adults who care for them and not to be just thinking of themselves all the time. (If I may say so, Selma is well old enough to understand that fact. Sorry, but I'm old fashioned in my views on discipline--must be my age showing-LOL) I'm enjoying the stories of the trolls. I would like to try some of that Skyr myself--sounds good to me. I love your photos of the nightime winter wonderland!
Bernie: I have seen pictures of the northern lakes frozen over with hundreds of fish houses on them. Not being a cold weather person, that is one activity I don't think I would like to take part in. LOL
Marylyn: LOL at the "ice house"--I never heard that expression as it relates to a bar.
Sharon: Pea is so cute. I'm posting a picture of Friday napping, too. He's not spoiled, either--LOL!
Celia: as always, Isis and Monty keep us entertained!
Ric and Pepper and Bernie and Kiska and scicciarella--I hope you are all enjoying some sunshine and warmer weather these days and the rest of you who have had wintry weather, too!
We are definitely enjoying some better weather this morning. It is 63 and sunny right now--hooray! It has been almost a week since we have seen the sun!
Here's my little man Friday!

Thumbnail by marsue

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:12 PM

Post #5908211

Marsue, good shot of Friday. Why the name. I find it amusing. Lee

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:16 PM

Post #5908226

I'm very glad everyone is feeling better. It's aweful to be sick.

Rann, your tree is very "cool"! I don't have outside decorations yet, either. Just the tree.

Sweat Pea! Oh, shhh...(sorry)

Darrell went ice fishing once. Once. One of the guys he worked with had a house near one of the reservoirs. They had fun but he swore never again. LOL He hates the cold more than me.

Yes, Sharon, it was quite the thump! LOL

32F with 38 for the high. It's very windy out with blue skies but I can see the storm coming. It's unfortunate, but MIL is being transfered to a care center today. Darrell and his brother are taking care of that now.
Feels like: 15F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↓
Dewpoint: 19
Humidity: 55%
Wind: 43 mph S
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:02 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

At one point there were 3 of these flickers on my neighbors roof.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:20 PM

Post #5908236

Hi, Lee!

Mau, we crossed. You boy is looking cuter by the minute!

The flickers are fun to watch and pretty, as well.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:26 PM

Post #5908262

Hello kwanjin and all, I'll contibute what I can to this forum. We are currently 62F with a humidity( here in the orchid room) of 64% and it is breezy at times. It's predicted to rain and then turn much, much colder at the beginning of next week. Today it's suppose to get to near 70F.
Sorry, I can't contribute more but this is all I know. I enjoy reading all of your postings as they are so precise I hardly need to watch the weather channel. Lee
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5908280

OK - one potential calamity averted! Got the ink so I can now print the photos for the Christmas cards and calendars I'm making for the grandparents. Phewww!

Marsue - Thank you :-) I totally agree with you - she is old enough to learn to think of others than just herself. I'm working on it ... it's something that does not come naturally to her ... ;-)lol Awwww Friday is such a cutie too :-) 63F at this time of year would be a disaster here! lol That's summer temp! ;-) lol

Celia - the flickers are really pretty - what fun to be able to watch them from your house :-) The outside lights are the first decorations I put up ... it probably has something to do with the darkness ;-) The tree won't go up until this weekend, that's the last decoration to go up. We don't turn the Christmas tree lights on until 6 pm on Christmas Eve which is when the Christmas celebration starts here. The presents go under the tree on Christmas Eve so they make a very short stop there ;-) lol

Lee - wow you're even warmer than Marsue!

And Sharon - did you say something about the 80's??? lol

It's snowing once again ... I said enough already didn't I? lol Just about perfectly calm ...so nice :-)

Rann
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
4:43 PM

Post #5908324

Hello Rann, you know Rann, when the calendar says December, I really want it to feel like December by being colder that 62F. Pardon me, please, if I have overlooked your posting of the weather there but I just assume that you are colder than I am. If so, do stay warm. Lee

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 19, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #5908458

Hey, guys! Sorry I've been away for so long, but I kept watching the posts everyday. Thank you for your kind words ! I am so happy to have a real job after so many years! But the exam worn me out and I had to rest ...have been so sleepy I thought I was catching a bug, but no, it was only the stress...now it's all gone and I can take care of the Christmas decorations and enjoy the holidays! Still, I'll be working until the 24th and the days after Christmas, until the New Year's Eve.
I love all your pics, sweet little Pea, JW and Friday are making my days !
Rann, is that a real tree...so it seems to me, it's beautiful!
Seems the snow has gone from you and is coming towards us...they forecasted snow until Christmas...this would be great! For now, it's only rain, fog and too warm for this time of year, 50 at noon. Another sunset, a week ago.
Have a great day !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #5908501

Lea Pea is a joy to have
Marylyn So glad Bekah is feeling better. Poor baby.
Marsue Friday looks verrry comfy on his pillow!
Celia The Flickers are pretty pretty wings! LOL at Isis!
Rann Yes, its Summer hot hereIm pouting LOL! Glad you found the cartridges!
Lea I agree its supposed to be cold at Christmas!
Adina The hard part is over, now you can relax some! Thats a pretty sunset.

75.4 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 49%
Wind: 5.9 mph from the SW
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 78 F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft

Pea waking up this morning

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
5:46 PM

Post #5908520

MS,Pea is just too cute!!Lee
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2008
6:24 PM

Post #5908647

Around 32* and our driveway and road is a solid sheet of ice. We got some rain last night and temps rose above freezing so all the snow melted. This morning the temps dropped below freezing again and turned it all into ice. Not a pretty site out there.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2008
8:43 PM

Post #5909127

Today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #5909555

It got down to 32.5F last night.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 19, 2008
57 F / 14 C
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 34 F / 1 C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s Variable
Pressure: 30.19 in / 1022 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

We finally had a chance to go hiking again. There is a section of trail in this particular canyon where the flowers bloom later than they do in other places so I figured that it must be a cold spot. Sure enough, there was ice there today. (No flowers here or anywhere else in the canyon this time of year.) This may not look like much, but it just fascinates me to see ice when I am not cold.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2008

Post #5909558

sycamore

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5909562

windshield picture - I don't get the same feel from the picture, but in real life I like how the tree branches reach out over the street. The hill in the background is the one that had snow on it yesterday.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008 3:16 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #5909978

Great shot of the sycamore, Kelli--so pretty. Nice street scene, too--and ice in the canyon!
Sharon: Pea looks as if she is saying her prayers! LOL
Celia: your back yard definitely looks snowy but those flickers don't look anything like the birds that we call flickers down here. I'll see if I can find a link to a photo of our flickers. Sorry to hear about your MIL--I know that was a difficult decision for Darrel and his brother but MIL is, no doubt, going to be better off there than living by herself.
Adina: beautiful sunset. We saw the sunset here this afternoon for the first time in almost a week. I even saw a "sunbow" this afternoon. The sky and cloud formations were very pretty today--looked like "angel hair" strung out.
Rann: glad you got the ink for your printer--it's important to get those Christmas cards printed. All grandparents love photos of the grandkids!
Lee: this is the story of how Friday got his name. He was given to me as a combination birthday/Christmas present by two young women who have been like daughters to me for almost 20 years. They are both named Michelle and my biological daughter is also named Michelle. I say that I have 3 daughters named Michelle--LOL. Anyway, the two Michelles gave me Friday because they had heard me say I was probably going to get myself a little schnauzer after the first of the year. My bio. daughter was also planning to get me a schnauzer for my birthday/Christmas gift but the other two Michelles beat her to it, but she didn't mind--they didn't know that she was planning to get me a puppy. Anyway, about the name: they found the puppy on the internet on a Friday and they had him flown in from Texas. Because they found him on a Friday, they just started calling him "Friday" and the name stuck. His official registered name will be "Susie's Man Friday"(my grandchildren call me Ma Susie--my middle name is Sue). I used to work with one of these Michelles. That is how we became acquainted. She was (and is) a terrible speller and she spelled Ma (as in "Ma Susie") as Mau and that is how I got the name of Mau. Some of you may have noticed that Celia(kwanjin) calls me Mau. She found out about that nickname for me on another thread last year and she and several other younger women on DG now call me "Mau". So you have the stories about Friday's name and my nickname "Mau". :o))

We got up to a wonderful temp. of 70F today. It was an absolutely beautiful day and Friday and I spent a lot of time in the backyard this afternoon soaking up some rays. It was great. Our low tonight is supposed to be 40 with a high tomorrow of 57 and on Sunday a high of 38. I'm not ready for the cooler weather again!
Another Friday photo. :o))

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5909995

I guess I was wrong about the Flickers, Celia. I didn't think "your" Flickers had long beaks but I suppose it was the camera angle. Here's a link on the Northern Flicker:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Northern_Flicker.html
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2008
1:40 AM

Post #5910113

Lee it's good to hear from you again!
Though this is a weather forum we rarely stress about it.
We're basically a folkie bunch and the simple day to day things in our lives have bound us together.
The fun is in seeing what's going on all over the world as the weather works it's magic.
Traditions, life styles, etc are what we are about.

Rann that tree is Magnificent!
I have found an easier storing tree for outdoors.
Basically instead of a tomato cage it's just a wire tripod stuck in the ground.
After you're done pull it up, collapse and store.
It always was a chore stripping down the cages to use again in the Summer.
Don't stress too much on Selma.
Every child has to learn not to be the center of the world.
The younger you are the better person you become.

Celia I love the flicker shots.
I never seem to have a camera handy when they visit here. Thanks!

Kelli that disappearing snow out there is neat!
Like Fall/Winter/Spring in two days!
We were on Mt Gleason one day in shirt sleeves... the next you had to have chains.
Then two days later back to shorts.
Kinda freaky!

Mau Friday is a keeper!

Sharon tell Peanut most dogs say their prayers before bed! LOL!

It was 56 here today!
By Monday they say it will be 26 for a high...
Pick a season already!

We're doing my Family Christmas tomorrow at my little Sister's house.
As she lives a few miles from 3 DGers from the ORVG
we will be making a surprise dessert visit first.
It should be a fun day!

Ric
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 20, 2008
2:13 AM

Post #5910223

Golly! One day missed and I'm hopelessly behind!

Will try to catch up, but I have to say, Sharon and Marsue, the puppy shots are just killin' me with cuteness!!

We broke another 75 year heat record today. 80F. I was putting up lights outside tonight in the dark and sweating!
That's Christmas in the south! LOL.

Rann: Lovin' the trolls!

Deb
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #5910250

About 25* outside and most of the ice on the gravel roads and driveways is mostly melted. It will refreeze tonight and tomorrow we will get a little bit of snow on top of what's left.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2008
3:11 AM

Post #5910434

It was the angle, Mau. Their beaks are quite long and dangerous. When Monty was about a year old, he got left our deck alone. This was on the 3rd floor apt. we had. We had a small brid feeder out there, as well. A flicker landed on the feeder and Monty made a leap for it. The flicker made a stab at him and fluttered momentarily in the air. I have never seen a cat do a 180 turn in midair before but Monty was agile and managed it nicely, thank you very much! LOL

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008 8:11 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2008
3:29 AM

Post #5910499

I love flickers but don't see them very often. Do you put out anything in particular to attract them?

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2008
5:29 AM

Post #5910823

I have some suet and a berry/nut bar thingy out. They haven't gone to it. They mostly look along the gutters and under the eaves of the houses.

These finches are the only things I've seen on the feeders. I may try some other things.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2008
10:20 AM

Post #5911080

Good morning!

Snowing yet again this morning, 32F and a light breeze. I haven't seen a weather forecast in a few days so I don't know if there's hope for it sticking around until Christmas ... but everyday that goes by with more snow makes us more hopeful :-) It's been too long since we've had a proper white Christmas.

Ric - thanks :-) Selma is a very sweet girl most of the time and incredibly patient with her sister. Hildur Eva's lucky to have her. Eventhough she's almost 5 years older she lets her little sister join in with her friends most of the time and they spend lots of time playing together just the two of them. I don't know many 10 year olds that would do that :-) I think it's just a law of nature that when you're sick and you REALLY need to sleep ... your kids need you for some reason more than normal. At least that's how it is here ;-) lol

Marsue - Can't get enough of Friday :-) Love the story of how he got his name :-)

Kelli - neat photos :-) I also like the look of that street :-)

Nr. 9 brought the girls a petshop rabbit and a bird ... they're still lovin' it! lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2008
10:28 AM

Post #5911085

Here's number 9: Bjgnakrkir (Byoogn (oo=moon)-a (a=apple)-kriky(i=friday)-ir (i=in) both y=you)

This is another finicky eater. He LOVES sausages. Therefore he mostly hangs around smoke houses. There's nothing that can get between him and a good piece of sausage. He's quite the acrobat and can climb up anything to get what he wants.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2008

Post #5911185

Celia look at all that snow!
Kelli Nice shots! I have a soft spot for canopy trees.
Mau (!) Little Man Friday is so cute love the fuzzy feet!
Celia Nice bird pictures!
Rann Love that snowy picture! Thats sweet of Selma Run to let Hildur Eva play with her. My sister wanted nothing to do with me LOL!

61.5 F
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 58 F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the WSW
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.8 miles
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft

Now
Areas of dense fog with visibilities of a quarter mile or less have developed over northeast Florida this morning. Motorists should drive with extreme caution and allow additional travel time. Reduce driving speed...and allow for plenty of room between you and other cars.

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. High 76. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2008
3:12 PM

Post #5911475

Rann: my sister was 6 years older than I. We were never close when we were growing up. We had to wait until we were both grown and married before we developed much of a relationship. Selma is very sweet to include Hildur Eva in her activities with her friends. How kind of troll #9 to bring the girls a rabbit. I'd like to see some pics of the new bunny! Rabbits actually make good pets. We had one when my children were small and I also had one about 15 years ago. His name was B.R.--short for Bunny Rabbit. Original, huh? LOL
Ric: sounds like you and Robin will have a festive day today. Enjoy!
Deb: we had a beautiful spring-like day yesterday, as well. It's back to gloomy and gray skies today, though, and cooler temps.
Celia: that latest photo definitely shows the Flicker's long beak. I rather imagine that was quite a sight to see Monty make that turn in mid-leap! LOL
Pepper: have you seen the sun at all lately? Sounds like some very dismal weather you are having.
Sharon: re: Friday's fuzzy feet--it is time for him to go to the groomers. He is getting a bit shaggy all over but on him, it looks cute! LOL His little teeth are like tacks, though, and he has already destroyed one of my throw rugs--it went into the garbage can yesterday. He is very fond of sneaking into my closet and grabbing a shoe to chew on--nevermind the fact that he has several chew toys. I am learning to keep the closet doors shut, etc. LOL

I suppose we were fortunate to have a beautiful day yesterday. It is overcast again today. :o((
Today
AM Showers
High 57F
Precip 30%
Wind: S 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 76%
Sunrise: 7:12 AM CT
Avg. High: 51F
Record High: 76F (1967)
Tonight:
Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 26F
Precip 10%
Wind: NNW 15 mph
Max. Humidity: 68%
Sunset: 5:00 PM CT
Avg. Low: 30F
Record Low: 7F (1996)

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2008
3:46 PM

Post #5911590

Been snowing all morning. Blizzard coming.
It's only snowing right now, but wind is on it's way. Soon they will be tracking the wind as it comes across the Dakota's & on into Minnesota. It comes like a big white curtain, the front usually travels across the country about 30 MPH.
One time I was working about 5 miles north from home. The radio was giving the towns the wind was coming to. I left for home when they mentioned a town 35 miles NW of me. I didn't make it home before everything was white & only thing you could see was the very edge of the road. Very though going.

22.8 & snow.

marsue, is that record high in 1967 & the record low in 1996 contribute to global warming. LOL!

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 20, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #5911662

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower to mid 20s. Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
December 20, 2008 Rise: 10:15 AM AKST
Set: 3:33 PM AKST
Warmed up to 25 and hopefully, won't go much higher and start to melt.
Went to Anchorage yesterday and finished shopping; now, just the meal plan/cooking ahead to do.
So far behind; but I did want to say how cool to see ice and snow, kelli.
rann~yes, the ice is several feet thick and we usually place a base, from the top of a steel 50 gallon drum, under the fire to prevent melting ice from putting it out. The fires are usually much smaller than one in the pic.
The fish are land-locked salmon; very good tasting.
Have a good weekend whatever the weather:)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5911666

Mau, I've seen the sun peek thru a few times but it's mostly been cloudy.

Temps are cold and we have a wind chill advisory out from 6pm tonite til 6pm Monday. We could reach -30 windchills and will have really strong winds all weekend long.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 20, 2008
4:03 PM

Post #5911674

CountryGardens; sorry/crossed.
After reading the book called the "Children's Blizzard", I have some understanding of what you mean by tracking the wind. Take care.
You, too, pepper.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2008 7:04 AM
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 20, 2008
4:15 PM

Post #5911750

Marsue: Puppy teeth are the sharpest objects in nature, I do believe! Shoes are usually one of the first casualties when a new pup arrives. :) Cloudy again here, too, but still very warm.
Pepper: Oh my - such cold winds.
CG: Sounds like the same for you. Bundle up!
Sharon: I think you and I are having parallel weather conditions again.

66F :Cloudy
Wind: SW at 2 mph
Humidity: 76%

De
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2008
5:10 PM

Post #5911988

Marsue - well #9 didn't go quite as far as to bring a live bunny - we have one of those already and that's quite enough thank you! lol It was a toy ;-) Little petshop toy to be precise - the girls collect them.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #5912109

Country Gardens: someone said in one of the posts above that we never hear anything about global warming in the wintertime! LOL That is a beautiful winter scene--glad it is up there where you are and not down here! LOL
Kiska: sounds like you have everything under control with only the meal planning to do! What's for Christmas dinner? :o))
Rann: guess I misunderstood about the bunny--I used to have several Ty toys including several bunnies but I gave them all away several years ago. Should have saved my bunnies for your girls! LOL
Deb: Friday has already destroyed one of my rubber sandals--had to take it away from him before he swallowed any of that rubber! :o)) You are correct about puppy teeth!!
Pepper: minus 30 wind chills--Oh, my!

45F and still overcast and gray and gloomy.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2008
6:12 PM

Post #5912178

Wind is here, not to strong yet, but temp is dropping. Now 14.
We will be staying home until Sunday Night.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5912394

[quote]I think it's just a law of nature that when you're sick and you REALLY need to sleep ... your kids need you for some reason more than normal. At least that's how it is here ;-) lol[/quote]
Rann, that's exactly how it is here, too. LOL

It's warm - bordering on hot - here, too, but there's a cold front coming through this evening. Tomorrow the highs will be in the 40s, and we're expecting a hard freeze tomorrow night. I have my blankets and sheets ready to cover my tender plants (which survived the last cold snap nicely.) I need to water them this afternoon, too.

My parents are in Lexington, Kentucky right now, on their way here. They should be in Tuscaloosa, Alabama by tonight. They're hoping to be here in time to go to our church Christmas program, which starts at 6pm tomorrow... Whether or not they make it here in time depends on how early Mom can get Dad up and moving in the morning. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CST (7 min ago)
Temperature 76 F 24 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 68%
Pressure 29.97 in 1014.8 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH 10 kts
Wind Dir WSW 250
Ceiling 2600 ft 792 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 79 F 26 C
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 69.1F / 20.6C

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2008
7:30 PM

Post #5912447

Rann, your girls are lucky to have you. You taught them the value of family and it shows. BTW, that troll name is a tongue twister! LOL

Sharon, I love it when it's foggy as long as I don't have to go out into it. We used to sit and watch it roll in off the ocean when I was a kid.

Marylyn, enjoy your family when they get in. I'm glad you get to have them with you.

Mau, Friday seems to be good for you. More pics?

CountryGardens, you have lots of snow, too! LOL

I want you all to know how very much you mean to me. It goes to my heart how much you all seem to care about the others here, your families and friends. I feel as if you're part of MY family. Thank you.

27F with 28 for the high.
Feels like: 21F

Barometer: 30.3 in ↑
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 58%
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.2 in
Wind: 5 mph S
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 5:03 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2008
7:36 PM

Post #5912480

We love you, too, Celia. :-)

One of my favorite parts of my parents' trips down here (besides the time they actually spend with us, of course... and the evenings when my mom looks at my dh and I and says, "Don't you two have somewhere to go?" and sends us off on a date with free babysitting (yayyy!) LOL)... anyway, BESIDES all of those good things, I like "following" their path on our map. They call occasionally and tell me where they are and I "find" them on Microsoft Streets and Trips and see how far from their projected time schedule they are. I get to chew out my dad for speeding quite often. LOL
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2008
9:58 PM

Post #5912837

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on December 20, 2008
59 F / 15 C
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 36 F / 2 C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the SE
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1020 hPa (Falling)
(Above Ground Level)

Pretty much the same weather as yesterday, so here's a picture from yesterday. I like how the trees are many different colors.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2008
10:01 PM

Post #5912846

And the deodars again. I'd like to know how old they are. Most of the houses on the street are from the 1950s, but the street was laid out in the 1920s or before. The deodars are on the oldest blocks.

Thumbnail by Kelli

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 20, 2008
11:49 PM

Post #5913117

Celia: Oh! Look at the snow? Looks deep!
Marsue: Funny! DH and I were just saying today that we could chalk up our unusually wamr temps to global warming, but based on the weather the northern half of the country is having, there's still doubt!
Marylyn: If you dad is anything like mine was, they'll be on the road before daylight! ;>
Kelli: Gorgeous trees! Looks like lovely weather, too.

We're finally going to see some "seasonal" temps maybe Sun/Mon - may freeze. No biggie but after hitting 80 several times, it may be a shock to the flora!
Deb
(Camellia's are starting.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 21, 2008
12:12 AM

Post #5913175

Turned out to be nice day with mostly blue sky. The sun didn't get above the mountain, but still made for a light day.
13/calm/ sunset at 3:33.
MarylynT_X~fun too, to be following your posts of your parent's trip and the time you'll be spending together.
Deb~the Camellia is gorgeous. Once, many years ago, my MIL sent, through the mail, a huge box of camellias from her yard in Northern California. It was a gift never to be forgotten; thanks for bringing back that memory.
kelli~the tree lined street is very pretty. They have such a graceful to them; very nice.
kwanjin~thanks for the wonderful comments; I certainly do agree with everything you said.
marsue~dinner is quite traditional with my family. Turkey, stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce; some ovenroasted veggies and salads. They all pitch in a bring a dish, including the desserts. I have a couple of new snack recipes I'm making. One is a fruit salsa with cinnamon crisps made from taco shells. The other is a mixed nut/dried cranberry sugar/spice topping.
The snow is ever so slowly beginning to slip off the metal roof.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #5913187

Merry Christmas, all...(supposed to be antlers but they wouldn't stay up)

This message was edited Dec 20, 2008 5:18 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
12:18 AM

Post #5913188

And to all, a good night!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #5913455

kwanjin, that black cat is saying "can you believe she did this??"

No precip today. Temps up to 34 degrees but very grey. Supposed to get 1-3" of snow tonight, then temps dropping to zero and below at Sunday night. Wintertime, I guess.
Stay safe all and warm if you can do it.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2008
4:41 AM

Post #5914051

It must be winter down south if the Camellias are blooming.
Love those things!

Christmas Kitties!
How cute!
Ours wouldn't stand for being decorated! LOL!

Kelli the Los Feliz Blvd deodara were planted in 1916 if that helps.
I stopped an arborist and asked about them when we were out there last.
I'd never seen them in the flesh before and was curious.
My notes say they were planted by the Los Feliz Improvement Association and the Los Feliz Womans Club in 1916.
They are still taking care of them and replacing those that die out.

Kiska that's a definite Winter Wonderland!

We JUST missed the frizzle stuff.
It started sleeting about 7 PM up near Dayton.
Then the temps actually started rising.
We were in drizzle all the way home but it was 37 here... so no sweat.
It was 101 in the Hot Tub... so yes sweat! LOL!

Solstice hits here at 7:04 tomorrow morning!
Happy New Year!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
5:31 AM

Post #5914172

This was Monty 2 seconds after I took the other pic.

"I'm outta here!"

Thumbnail by kwanjin

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 21, 2008
12:23 PM

Post #5914425

Happy Solstice!!
(Celia: Laughing at your Monty.)

62F and ptly cloudy. Expecting an actual freeze tonight and tomorrow night.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #5914433

Joplin, Missouri (Airport)
Updated: 27 min 18 sec ago
6 F
Clear
Windchill: -9 F
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: -3 F
Wind: 10 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 30.52 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

I was so busy to paint to be done already in living, hallway and cabinets...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 21, 2008

Post #5914438

Rusty: Nice warm kitchen colors! Probably a good thing with a -9 windchill. :)

Edited to add: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUSTY!!

This message was edited Dec 21, 2008 11:29 AM
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2008
12:57 PM

Post #5914478

Good morning!

This will be the last day of this wonderful wintry wonderland we've enjoyed for the past week :-( Wind and rain forecasted for the next 3 days. Sooooo disappointing. This seems to happen every year for some reason. We get snow before Christmas and after Christmas, but the actual holidays the ground is bare. I'd much prefer it the other way around. The girls will be so horribly disappointed. Hope the depression changes it's course and goes somewhere else ... Today it's still fairly calm, cloudy and 34F ... so it's already starting to warm up. Sunrise 11:22 and sunset 3:30.

About global warming ... there used to be more snow on the ground when I was growing up. Global warming doesn't mean that it's warm everywhere all the time. The effect causes more extremes in weather patterns, more sever storms and even severe cold spells. And that certainly has been the case in the past few years. Off the soap box now.

Thanks for your kind comments Celia - I'm very grateful to have all of you a part of my life as well :-) Regarding the girls, my opinion is that sibling rivalries are not a law of nature. When we're grown up we have to be able to get along with all kinds of people whether we like them or not. I think learning to get along with your brothers/sisters no matter how different they are from you is a good lesson for life ;-) So, being mean to her sister isn't really an option for Selma, but she's still been nicer to her than I'd dared to hope for :-)
Your cats are saying "We are NOT amused" ;-) lol

Debi - gorgeous camelia!

Kelli - very pretty trees lining those streets :-)

Kiska - so pretty :-)

Almost forgot! #10 brought the girls ... can you guess? Two more Petshop pets, two dogs this time.

Have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2008
12:58 PM

Post #5914480

Happy Birthday Rusty!

Nice freshly painted kitchen.

-10 this morning. Clear, windy.
They say wind warning, but I can see lights 5 miles away. ?
See what it looks like at daylight. It will be daylight sometime ?
Days get longer now, at least by the clock.

Off to feed my chickens.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2008
1:03 PM

Post #5914487

Number 10 is Gluggaggir (Glugg-a (a=apple)-giy (i=I)-ir (i=in).

Gluggaggir is a nosy fellow who peeps through windows looking for something worth stealing. If he sees something he wants he will come back and try to get it later.

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2008
1:17 PM

Post #5914514

Happy Birthday Rusty!

Rann
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2008
1:38 PM

Post #5914553

Happy Birthday, Rusty!

My parents are in Tuscaloosa. Dad is NOT an early riser, so he isn't likely even up yet, to say nothing of on the way. Maybe in an hour. :-) I'm off for church... the choir is singing, so I have to be there early. (yawn...)

Yesterday the air conditioner was in... This morning I switched to the heater.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (43 min ago)
Temperature 49 F 9 C
Dew Point 33 F 1 C
Humidity 54%
Pressure 30.19 in 1022.4 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 26 15 kts
G 23
Wind Dir N 360
Ceiling 4000 ft 1219 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 52.0F / 11.1C

Today Cloudy. Much cooler. Highs in the upper 40s early this morning then slowly falling temperatures during the late morning then holding steady in the afternoon. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph.
Tonight Cloudy, colder. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 21, 2008
3:44 PM

Post #5914886

Happy Birthday , Rusty!
I love the Santa kitties! All pics are great! I'm busy doing some sausages for Christmas and will try to catch up later.
It's getting cold here, we're expecting snow!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
4:24 PM

Post #5914985

Y'all are making my day again. Don't know what I'd do without you. Great pics and trolls stories! Darrell and I are having fun with them.

21F with 33 for the high today. It's suny now but another storm is on it's way.
Feels like: 7F

Barometer: 30.3 in ↓
Dewpoint: 12
Humidity: 64%
Wind: 17 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 5:03 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
4:29 PM

Post #5915002

OH!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rusty!!! Have a most wonderful day!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #5915027

21 (Wind Chill 5) Dew point: 5 Wind: SW 20 MPH
Humidity: 50% Pressure: 30.08 in Hg

Average: High 41 Low 25
Record: High 69 (1967) Low -14 (1989)

Today's Sunrise: 7:54AM
Today's Sunset: 5:20PM
(09:26 hours of sunlight)

Not a cloud in the sky but should be 15 by dark.
Below zero wind chills...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rusty!!! and a great job on the Kitchen!

Celia and Rann thanks for the Snow Shots!
It looks like all the White we'll see for Christmas.

Adina those Sausages look Yummy!

Bernie I hope those Chickens have their winter coats on!!!
Stay Warm!!!

Rann I agree totally.
Those Kitties don't look happy! LOL!

When I was a boy we used to make all our Winter money shoveling snow.
Serious money for a kid too!
It's rare to have two big snows a year here now.
It may be bitter cold today... but Weds-Sun coming up we are looking at upper 40's/50's...
We are growing Zone 7 plants here now too... at least in Cincy it has definitely warmed.

Have a MARVELOUS Day!

Ric

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
5:12 PM

Post #5915115

Hey Kwanjin, great snowfall scene. We won't get snow but in the morning it's to be 14F. Just think I'll stay snuggled in bed all day under quilts, blankets, etc. Lee

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #5915148

Brrr!!! I don't blame you! LOL If I could, that's where I'd be. Too much cleaning still to do. I never got to anything yesterday and probably won't today.

Here's another. This is what I see just outside the front room window.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5915193

If we get two inches of snow here, everything shuts down. LOL I don't mind the snow but the ice storms are really the worst and quite dangerous. Lee
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2008
6:22 PM

Post #5915358

Bitterly cold. Sun is shing and there is still ice on my road and driveway. We have enough ice in the drivway that we can't figure out if we have a leak or if my neighbor behind us just has alot of moisture in the ground.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2008
6:59 PM

Post #5915454

Ric, isn't snow removal overdone now. Instead of a shovel you need a $700.00 snow blower. That way the teenagers can sit & watch TV while dad blows the snow. Then he will give them a $20 to drive off in his car.

Out here in the country it's the same. We bought an old loader for an extra $200 when we bought our tractor. We have used it to clean our farm yard for a good 10 years, & lots of other uses also. Big farmers have to buy a multi-thousand dollar snow blower & maybe use it only a couple times a year. A few years back we had very little snow. I know some guys traded snow blowers they had never had on the tractor. Must have the latest model, you know. No wonder the economy is so messed up!

Still -3 here & wind is nuts.
No travel advised here. I haven't heard if they closed the freeways. They have gates they close in blizzard conditions. If you drive around them & gr=et caught, it's a $750 fine. You probably will get stuck, so sure to be caught!

Sun is shining, except so much snow in the air it's very dim.

Later,
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #5915747

One thing you're sure to see still at the stores here is snow blowers.
They only move here AFTER a big snow... then they sit and sit and sit.
Our last big snow the sidewalk snow removal tool of choice was a blade on a yard tractor w/ chains.
THAT seems a far better way of going about it.

21 (Wind Chill 4) w/ a bitter wind in the 20 and 30's MPH going on.

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5915861

Bright (first good bright sun in quite awhile), Cold and windy. It is good to see the sun.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 21, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5915915

1 mostly sunny ~ a gain of 11 seconds today; and so begins a new cycle. Love it all...
Deb~loved the photo and the sentiment. The moon is gorgeous.
kwanjin~the joy of a pet:)) Very cute. I love the snowy scenes, as well.
Adina~the sausages look great; is the recipe one you've developed?
Happy Birthday, Rusty. Your kitchen looks great; very nice.
MarylynT_X~hopefully your parents are on the road and will be there soon.
rann~such a pretty street scene; your ideas are really good as they pertain to the girls.
ric~in our case, our gsons like making money. They clear an elderly neighbor's walkway w/out charge; the other neighbors pay to have the snow cleared. It's good to see them taking on the jobs. The idea of a lawn tractor to do the work sounds great.
CountryGardens~the chickens want fed no matter the weather:)) Would think people would not want to be caught in a blizzard and stay behind the gates; strange what some will do.
pepper23~layers of ice are such a mess.
leeflea51~an ice storm would also be such a mess and hardship.
Wow~Dyson bright~~sounds just great.

Thumbnail by kiska

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #5916274

How far behind the barn is that mountain ? Looks close, but I know better.

Chickens are doing great in spite of the cold.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5916738

CountryGardens, you sure have had your share of winter so far! I had a period in my life when it was - get out there and feed and water before you could snuggle down in the house with the kids. It was a way of life.

We had 32 degrees here today, but most of the snow went north of us into NY state. A 1 " dusting and the sun melt4d it off during the day. Now it is 26 degrees with a still 35 mph wind. Temps tonight will be 0 to -15 in our area.
Kiska, bet you are glad to see the days getting longer. Best holiday wishes to you - and happy spring.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2008
1:24 AM

Post #5916931

Well we are getting a taste of the Bernie and Kiska temps this evening.
Currently 10 14 MPH winds (Wind Chill -7) and it's only 8PM.
We were forecast for a low temp of 12 by morning.
So we will easily be in the single digits.
It's currently 3 (Wind Chill -20) in Dayton just 40 miles north.

Here's our new weather.

a wind chill advisory remains in effect until 12 pm est monday.
temperatures are expected to drop to between 0 and 5 above
tonight...as an arctic airmass settles into the ohio valley.
westerly winds at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to near 35 mph will
create wind chills values between 15 and 25 degrees below zero.

And they are still calling for 52 on Weds... 60 by Saturday...
So we're getting a REAL fast Winter!
Just 7 days till Spring!!!!!! YAY!!!!! LOL!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2008
3:15 AM

Post #5917285

"THIS WINTER STORM WARNING IS FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN WASATCH FRONT... TOOELE VALLEY... WASATCH MOUNTAINS SOUTH OF I- 80...

WESTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS... AND THE WASATCH MOUNTAIN VALLEYS OF NORTHERN UTAH. BY MONDAY NIGHT... 4 TO 8 INCHES IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN WASATCH FRONT AND TOOELE VALLEY... 1 TO 2 FEET IN THE MOUNTAINS... WITH 6 TO 12 INCHES ACROSS THE WASATCH MOUNTAIN VALLEYS.

LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP TONIGHT... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES MONDAY.
ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN WASATCH FRONT AND TOOELE VALLEY... 1 TO 2 FEET IN THE MOUNTAINS... WITH 6 TO 12 INCHES ACROSS THE WASATCH MOUNTAIN VALLEYS."

Mil has taken a downward turn. She's not expected to make it to Christmas. She may be down to hours. We spent the day with her, as did most of the family. At one point, she had 15 people in her room. There were lots of hugs and I love you's. I came home and Darrell went back. Two of the siblings are going to spend the night with her.

I don't know what else to do but stand by Darrell. He's not taking it well.

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2008
10:57 AM

Post #5917836

Hi everyone - Had a busy weekend here. It was hot untilyesterday at 1pm, then the cold front moved through. Temps dropped 20* in an hour. I took my "hot flash a/k/a personal vacation" self outside and stood in the cool air for a long time LOL!

Celia - You are doing the best thing by standing by Darrell. As you know, it is very difficult to loose a parent. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Love the pics of Isis and Monty :) We love you too sweetie!

Rusty - A belated Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day :)

41.4 F
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 40 F
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 12 F
Wind: 10.5 mphfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 12.2 mph
Pressure: 30.27 in (Rising)

Today
Partly cloudy and breezy. High 49 (WOOOOHOOOO!). North winds 15 to 20 mph becoming northeast at 10 mph this afternoon.

It's going to be "Summer" here for Christmas (I had an idea this was going to happen). The warm up begins Wednesday.

My boss has given up Wed - Fri off, same for next week. As you know the real estate business has been extrememly slow here as has the resort business due to the economy. Many people have lost their jobs (including several friends of mine). One friend has taken a huge hit, filed bankruptcy and had her home foreclosed on, has 2 jobs now and is starting a cleaning company called riches to rags. Jeff and I are blessed to be doing pretty darn good.

Sweep Pea, her new collar and one of her new sweaters. She crawled out of it in 10 seconds flat LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2008
11:06 AM

Post #5917850

7 (Wind Chill -8)

(((Celia)))

Ric
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2008
11:15 AM

Post #5917860

Good morning!

It's raining heavily and quite windy so the forecast was right. It usually is when a storm system this big is headed straight for us ...

Celia - I'm so sorry about your MIL. ((((Hugs)))) for you and Darrel.

I'm still so far behind on my list of things to do before 6 pm on the 24th that I have to make this short. Managed to get the Christmas cards posted this morning, but still too much left. Hi to everyone, great photos!

Sharon - awwwwwwwww she's so cute!

Nr. 11 brought two new pets.

Have a great day!

Rann
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2008
11:27 AM

Post #5917883

Number 11 is Gttaefur (Goutt (ou=sour)-a (a=apple) -thef (th=think; e=end) -ur)

Gttaefur has a huge nose and with it he can smell Leaf Bread* from miles away! He just follows his nose, so he sometimes forgets to look where he is going which can get him in all kinds of trouble. Although leaf bread is his favorite, he'll eat any baked goods his nose stumbles on to.

*Leaf Bread is a traditional Icelandic pastry made from flour, milk and a little sugar, rolled out very thin and cut into circular cakes. The cakes are then decorated by cutting V shaped cuts and folding them up. They are then deep fried, traditionally in lamb fat but now more often in vegetable oil. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=4300896

Thumbnail by rannveig

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2008
1:55 PM

Post #5918110

I'm so sorry about your MIL, Celia. ((((((((((((((Celia and Darrell)))))))))))))))))) We will be praying for all of you.

Sharon, Sweet Pea is very cute in that sweater - or was, while it lasted. LOL! We're going to have summer weather on Christmas here, too.

Mom and Dad got here at 9:30 last night. Yayy! It took a while to get the bunnies calmed down enough to go to bed, so I expect them to sleep in. I'm sure they'll be just as excited when they wake up, though. LOL Mom and I may go shopping today, unless my sister-in-law calls to say she's coming by. I asked her to order my gift for Charles so it wouldn't show up on the credit card statement for him to see. She's going to drop it off either today or tomorrow. :-) I'm almost done shopping... I need one more thing for the big bunny, and I have Mom's name in my family's gift exchange, and I haven't figured out what to buy for her yet. I have some little things, but I need one more "bigger" thing. I also usually make a "movie" of our better photos from the year and send it out to family in lieu of Christmas cards, but I'm only up to July, so I still have half a year's worth of the photos to pop in the program yet, and then I'll have to edit it (or it will be wayyy too long. I don't want to put everyone to sleep watching it. LOL) It usually ends up going out late, so no one will be too surprised when this one does, too. :-)

'Tis a bit nippy outside, but after looking at all of your temperatures, I really can't complain! There's a warm front coming through tomorrow, so it's going to be warming and soggy through Christmas.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (61 min ago)
Temperature 35 F 2 C
Dew Point 17 F -8 C
Humidity 47%
Pressure 30.52 in 1033.6 mb
Wind Speed 13 MPH 11 kts
Wind Dir NNE 30
Ceiling 6500 ft 1981 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Wind Chill 26 F -3 C
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 35.1F / 1.7C

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 22, 2008
6:19 PM

Post #5918923

Freezing here this morning, but still no snow.
Kiska, the recipe for sausages is our traditional recipe, everyone is using it here.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 22, 2008
6:38 PM

Post #5918955

Minus 3 and errands to run ~ I do wait till daylight, though.
Country Gardens; the mountains are about 3-5 miles behind the farm. The Matanuska River and Knik rivers run between.
Se_eds~sounds as if winter is in full swing. Thanks for the wishes.
ric~winter is certainly creating problems everywhere~will it really get up to the 50's so quickly? Maybe "they" are hoping:))
Celia~I'm so sorry ~ warm thoughts for you all.
MySharona~seems Houdini had nothing on Sweet Pea.
rann~cute #11, too. Seems I recall a photo you'd posted of the leaf bread. Sure sounds pretty.
MarylynT_X~ very exciting arrival; have a great visit/fun while they are the there.
Adina~thanks for the info. Good eating ahead:))

Thumbnail by kiska

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2008
7:05 PM

Post #5919086

Kiska, absolutely beautiful shot of the mountains. Lee
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2008
7:37 PM

Post #5919172

Cold this AM 8 deg. (F) and 35-40 mph winds. Wind chill around -15. Sunny this afternoon. Highs in the low 20's today then warming up for tomorrow.
Really BRISK! LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #5919459

Very bright and clear, extremely cold & thankfully dry.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2008
10:49 PM

Post #5919690

Ric Brrr!
Rann Dont feel bad! Im behind too. I still have to get Jeffs bday present, cake, etc The leaf bread sure looks and sounds delicious!
Marylyn Have fun with your parents!
Adina beautiful picture!
Se_eds Double brrr LOL!

41.7 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 42 F
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 15 F
Pressure: 30.42 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 25000 ft

Tonight
Becoming partly cloudy. Lows 36. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Must cover the orchid cactus! I guess I know what Pea thought of this little sweater! I'll put it back on the hangar and you take it back to the store Mommy!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2008
10:56 PM

Post #5919704

This was when the front first started moving in on Sunday. Didn't rain much, but the wind started blowing and the temps dropped like a rock.

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2008
1:27 AM

Post #5920221

Extremely cold still. We have freezing rain and snow coming in tomorrow. We still have ice on our road and driveway (lots of trees shade us around here) so we still have some trouble getting out. I keep forgetting to lock my hubs so I can use 4WD to get up the hill next to the house so I slip and slide all the way up and all the way down.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2008
1:32 AM

Post #5920239

Updated: 32 min 47 sec ago
25 F
Overcast
Windchill: 15 F
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 7 F
Wind: 10 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 21 mph
Pressure: 30.24 in (Falling)
Clouds: Overcast 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

It'll be sleet tonight wind chill to -5* (chance) then tomorrow will be sleet (ice pellets)...

Thanks for my birthday!

Well, I let you all know that I gonna take a long big break until I have to finish 1 more room to be done is bedroom!

Cute one on pup to pick her favorite one coat...

Stay and keep warm...

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2008
1:47 AM

Post #5920289

It's a HEAT WAVE 14 !

And they are still calling for 54 Christmas Eve, 46 Christmas Day AND 64 on Friday.
Sharon w/ a temp rise that fast I'm sure we'll be seeing some of those clouds you posted for sure.
In fact w/ a temp rise that fast SOMEONE is going to probably be seeing Tornados.
That's WAY too big a temperature swing for a mild transition.

Maybe Peanut just isn't a girlie girl.
Try another color besides Pink maybe... LOL!

Ric

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2008
2:46 AM

Post #5920439

Hello! Everybody! Well, we're in the deep freeze, too! This mornin' when I went to work at 5:00 it was 9 w/a wind chill of -10! The wind was absolutely crazy last night...power lines & trees down everywhere! Tonight it's not supposed to be as cold (HA). It's still supposed to be in the single digits, but the wind is suppose to diminish. At the moment it's...
Fair: 18F
Feels like: 11F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 9
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 5 mph WSW
Sunrise: 7:34 AM
Sunset: 5:09 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Celia, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Take good care of Darrell (as I know you will)...you all are in my thoughts & prayers...
Sharon, Peanut is Sooooo Adorable!!! and she is dressed for this 'cool' weather! LOLI could get Jack to put anything like that on. :) He does good to wear a collar!
Ric!!! LOL "Heat Wave" INDEED! :D
Marylyn, Glad your folks made it there safely! :D ...Let the fun begin!!! :D
Kiska, What a Great picture! Sure would make a neat card! ;)
Kelli, Love the neat trees! Gorgeous!
Rusty, Happy (belated) Birthday! :D
Se_eds! Brisk, you say! LOL
Adina, I'm sorry, but I have forgotten to congratulate you on passing your test! and getting your job! :D I am so excited for you! :D btw, JW doesn't bother the tree, just a few of the ornaments that 'were' on the bottom! LOL

http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/ecards/view.pd?i=424136948&m=3556&rr=y&source=msne999

Joey

(1 of Santa's pit crew members! LOL)

Thumbnail by music2keep

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2008
4:58 AM

Post #5920814

Hello, all. Just have minute. MIL passed away early this morning. Darrell and one of the brothers was there. We're keeping our plans for Christmas just as they are. We'll enjoy the family and the Holidays.

Darrell wants you to know, he appreciates all the hugs and well-wishes. He sends his heart-felt thanks.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2008
10:52 AM

Post #5921077

Pepper Stay safe in that ice
Rusty You deserve a break!
Ric LOL! Weve nicknamed her pirannah(sp?), her little teeth are like tacks!
Joey Look at all those teeth JW has! He is growing up fast LOL! Such a cutie, next thing you know hell have an elf status!
Celia {{{{HUGS}}}} Im so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

51.3 F
Clear
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 39 F
Wind: 4.8 mph from the NE
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph
Pressure: 30.45 in (Falling)

Today
Partly cloudy and breezy. High 61. East winds 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2008
11:34 AM

Post #5921114

Celia, I'm so sad. :( (((((HUGS))))) Take care & God be with you & your family in this time of grieving. Yes, please let us know...if we can do Anything to help. I have a really good ear.

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2008
11:45 AM

Post #5921125

Sharon, LOL!! At the rate he is growing he'll be booted out really soon! LOL There's no turning back! LOL

Fair: 10F
Feels like: 10F
Barometer: 30.5 in
Dewpoint: 14
Humidity: 77%
Sunrise: 7:35 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM
UV Index: 0

We're supposed to warm up to about 40 today.

TTFN - (too much 'Winny the Pooh')
Joey

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2008
1:04 PM

Post #5921264

HEAT WAVE!
Snow overnight.
South wind, house is cold. (South wind always is coldest here.)

Delivered the TV stand yesterday. People were very happy!

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 23, 2008
2:42 PM

Post #5921491

Celia: So sorry for your loss of your MIL.

We've had a little cold snap - nothing compared with the rest of the country, but a shock anyway.
High yesterday was only in the mid-40s.
Got down to 20F last night.
It's crazy that we have the a/c on one day and the heat the next.

Current:
34F, Sunny
High Tues. 56
Overnight low 45
High Wed. 77

77!! This is nuts. The 56 is what would be a normal hi temp for us now.

Sharon: keep the Peanut pics coming!
Deb

(Gus was out chasing the ducks and squirrels away from the fence this morning. Pretty full of himself. This is his "What? What did I do?" look after I told him to be quiet. :) )

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2008
5:28 PM

Post #5922065

Good morning!

((((((((((((Celia and Darrell)))))))))))))) I'm so sorry. :-(

Bernie, they should be happy with that TV stand - it's gorgeous!

Gus is adorable, Deb. :-)

And Mama Prissy and Sweet Pea together and sooo cute! :-)

Thank you for the JW fix, Joey!!

We spent a very quiet day yesterday... Mom is fighting with the yucky tummy bug that my niece had last week. ick. And the big bunny woke up with a sore throat and a headache, and turned out to have a temp of 103, poor baby. So she spent most of the day lying on the couch moaning and eating popsicles. She's feeling much better today, praise God. Mom is feeling a little better, but still puny. We're praying that none of us get either bug next! Right now they are sitting in the living room and Mom is reading poems to her. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CST (19 min ago)
Temperature 70 F 21 C
Dew Point 61 F 16 C
Humidity 73%
Pressure 30.04 in 1017.2 mb
Wind Speed 20 MPH
G 31 17 kts
G 27
Wind Dir SSW 200
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Few Clouds
Remarks Peak Wind: 28 kts from 180 (16:39 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 41.0F / 5.0C
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5922440

It is currently just above freezing and raining. The rain is freezing on contact. Our road and driveway is now a big mess...again. My dad had to borrow my truck to go to town because he couldn't ge traction in his Ranger. He was all over the place.

All of the roads are a mess around here. A friend and former coworker just called and told me that one of the other girls there at Powell Gardens just wrecked her truck on the road next to the gardens and the only thing that kept her from rolling the truck was a tree was there. She hit ice and it sent her sliding. She is ok and only has cuts and bruises.

If I could figure out where the camera was I would take a pic of the ice but I can't find it. My dad has hidden it really well. lol
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 23, 2008
9:32 PM

Post #5922785

Celia~ I'm so sorry for your loss; my sympathy to you and your family.
Light snow developing this afternoon. Snow accumulations up to 1 inch. Highs 15 to 20. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph
I've been making an ice-tree forest display and some ice luminaries using a bundt cake pan.
Take care out there in the weather~

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 23, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #5922786

Some of the ice trees.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 23, 2008
9:34 PM

Post #5922787

An ice tree decoration.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 23, 2008
9:35 PM

Post #5922791

Freezing the forms/ice.

Thumbnail by kiska

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
1:43 AM

Post #5923447

Celia, hugs and prayers for you and yours.

Another cold day in Pa. High was about 23 with light wind. It was 8 deg. on the porch at 6:30 AM. It is supposed to warm up above freezing by tomorrow noon. Light freezing ain overnight and in the AM changing to all rain.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
2:20 AM

Post #5923551

Celia and Darrell you have our deepest sympathies.

I went thru this w/ my Mother last Spring.
Nothing anyone can say will help,
but knowing others have you in their thoughts meant the world.
Know we have you two in our hearts.

Ric and Robyn
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
2:36 AM

Post #5923601

Kiska I love those Ice Trees.
If we ever get a long term cold spell I really want to try that!
Thanks!

Pepper I was right there w/ you Dad.
I left work at 3:30 and the roads were fine.
2 minutes later I hit the on ramp.
Traffic was strange on the HWY bunched up and going WAY too slow.
So I figured there was a wreck up ahead and again the roads were fine but a slight drizzle started.
Then rain and instantly there was absolutely NO traction under the tires.
I've ice driven a lot so I just went w/ it and stayed steady.
I managed to coast my speed down to about 20 MPH and keep going.
In about 1/2 mile the roads were fine.
I went thru this off and on for 10 miles.
Saw maybe 25 cars tied up or backwards.
The radio said they were closing the HWY's in a lot of places (4 I had just been thru) to wait for salt trucks.
Then my wipers iced up... then the hood and I could see it starting to hit the windshield.
Luckily I was on the off ramp (which was still just water) and hit the side streets.
They were fine... for about 2 miles... the last two miles were a skating rink.

It's 36 (Wind Chill 28) here now and should be near 50 by morning so we are out of it now.
I don't know how many wrecks I saw total, but if these were any indication of what was going on around the loop there had to have been hundreds.
Looks like we will be in the low/mid 50's for most of the rest of the week.
Maybe 60 tomorrow!

Ric

This message was edited Dec 23, 2008 9:50 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2008
3:43 AM

Post #5923805

Here's the hill next to my house. A downhill skating rink. LOL.

Currently above freezing.

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5923846

That's probably what it looked like just after I got home this afternoon.
I don't mind the 'everything' is ice mode as much as the where's the next trap stuff.
It sure does look pretty Pepper!

Already up to 40 here now so it can easily hit 50 by mid morning.
Raining steady now but very little wind.
I expected heavy gusts by now..

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2008
4:07 AM

Post #5923862

952 accidents in the Twin Cities yesterday & it was only snow, not ice.
Pepper, at least you had grass on the shoulders. We have ditches so don't go off the roadway.

15 now.
Sure a relief after the below zero of the last week.
More snow tomorrow.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
4:14 AM

Post #5923884

Wow Bernie that's a serious number of wrecks for a snow belt city!
Lots of people visiting for the Holidays maybe?

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2008
4:23 AM

Post #5923914

Just driving to fast.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2008
10:46 AM

Post #5924230

I don't have time to catch up, just checking in quick with the last two trolls.

Storm last night, heavy winds and rain, the snow's all gone. 42F, stiff breeze still but will be gradually calming as the day progresses.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Rann
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2008
10:48 AM

Post #5924233

The twelfth troll is Ketkrkur (Ket-krok (o=go)-ur). He went to the smokehouses and tried to get a piece of the traditional Christmas meat, the smoked lamb. To get it he usually climed on top of the roof and tried to hook a piece through the chimney.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2008 10:53 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2008
10:51 AM

Post #5924238

And finally numer 13: Kertasnkir (Kert (e=end)-a-sneek-ir)

Kertasnkir is number 13 and the last one to arrive on Christmas Eve. He "collects" candles he "finds". Candles were the only source of light back then and children often got candles for Christmas. He would sneak around and try to snatch them when no one was looking.

Thumbnail by rannveig

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2008
11:40 AM

Post #5924279

Rann, still find the little creatures enchanting. Lee
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
3:44 PM

Post #5924783

Call me Ric Ketkrkurson I LOVE Smoked Lamb!
I hope you and the Family are having a Marvelous Christmas Eve Rann!

It's 52 here and drizzly.
Should hit 56 by afternoon.
They have amended the Saturday forecast to 67 and rain...

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2008
4:20 PM

Post #5924893

Holding at a balmy 8. Light snow flurries & NW wind of about 10MPH.

Just finishing up the doll house. Santa will be picking it up for tomorrow delivery!

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2008
4:57 PM

Post #5925030

Pictures Bernie?

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2008
4:58 PM

Post #5925035

Soon
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2008
7:54 PM

Post #5925464

Cold, Foggy, Calm.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 24, 2008
8:08 PM

Post #5925492

6F ~ calm and beautiful. Sunrise was at 10:16 am; will set: 3:36. Looks like it's going to be clear, too.
Take care out there on those icy roads.
Merry Christmas to all.
Taken at 9:50, about 20 minutes before sunrise today.
Jackie

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #5925752

Rann: I think I like Ketkrkur best, 'cause I can say his name. LOL.
Kiska: Beautiful scene.

69 and partly cloudy just after 5pm. Expecting a high tomorrow in the mid 70s. Christmas in shorts! Yahoo!

Warm holiday wishes to all my friends here.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5925836

Thanks Ric:-)

Thedinner been eaten and the presents have been opened ... :-)

We've had a very pleasant evening apart from the fact that Hildur Eva got sick and threw up twice ... she's such a trouper though that she didn't let it interfere with opening the presents. lol She had to pass on the Christmas dinner though, but there are plenty of leftovers ...

We went to evening church service for the first time in years ... so nice, well except for the getting sick part. Fortunately the service was over when she threw up.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5925839

Joey Gorgeous rose!
Bernie Nice entertainment center!
Ceb Sir Gus is getting big! I know that innocent face too! Not me did it! LOL!
Marylyn I hope everyone is feeling better. The emergen-c relay helped me not get that bug to the full extent that it could have been. That is one nasty bug going around.
Pepper If your Dad borrowed the truck then you can borrow the camera! Can you tell I was the baby of the family? I can work it!
Kiska The luminaries and trees are beautiful! I tried a luminary last year, but it melted very fast. One wouldnt last very long at all this year.
Pepper Reminds me of the song Slip Slidin Away!
Bernie 952 accidents in one day? Holy Cow! Want some of our heat? Id be more than happy to send it to you.
Rann A very Merry Christmas to you and your family! I love the troll stories and that the girls got a lot of toys that they wanted!
Dyson! Is it dark yet? I miss your sharp humor here.
Kiska Wow that is a gorgeous picture of your home(?). Just beautiful!
Deb Thats a pretty angel ornament!

Jeff has to work tomorrow at the airport (double time so no serious complaints). Well do Christmas when he gets home. Im making herbed-crusted rib roast, roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes and ciabatta bread. One of my secrets to the mashed potatoes is mixing cream cheese in them. The potatoes become very creamy and I get a lot of compliments on them. And since tomorrow is Jeffs birthday as well Ill be baking a birthday cake!

We were warm enough today for me to break a sweat mowing the lawn. yes, I mowed the lawn. Of course these days all I have to do is move a limb to break a sweat LOL! We got up to 76* sigh...it's supposed to be cold at Christmas :(

64.2 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 76%
Pressure: 30.30 in (Rising)

Prissy loves her little girl!

This message was edited Dec 24, 2008 6:15 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5925847

Rann- We crossed. Give Hildur Eva a hug for me. She's a trooper. I hope she feels better soon.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5925991

I posted this in Parking Lot.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/935064/

Have a Great Christmas!
Bernie
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5926186

We had over 2" of rain today. Started off as frozen rain turned to all rain by noon. Temps now in the low forties. Things sure are wet.

Rann, what is there about holidays and kids getting sick? I remember one year when my children had chicken pox from December 15 to Jan 15. Four of them took turns. But they are so resilient that it didn't seem to stop the merriment of the holiday. Just about drove their mother crazy though, trying to make sure everyone was comfortable and able to enjoy the Christmas spirit. Hope she is feeling better soon.

The ham is ready to pop into the oven tomorrow around 6 AM. Ham, green beans and potatoes and lots of camaraderie and picture taking for tomorrow. I am keeping it simple, stupid as I am still weak from the pneumonia.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2008
2:20 AM

Post #5926207

Thanks Sharon - those two are so cute! It's so wonderful that Prissy is so accepting of her new "baby" :-)
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2008
2:26 AM

Post #5926213

seeds - I don't know what it is, but it must be one of those laws of nature ... lol They're hardly ever sick, yet they manage to be sick on holidays much too often. They did the Chicken Pox over easter a few years back ;-) lol Stomach bug on Christmas Eve is a first though, and I sure hope it's a one time thing ... We still miraculously managed to have a wonderful evening. I'm so grateful that we managed to go to the church service before, it brought us such a wonderful peace that apparantly nothing could undo it ... I'm not sure it would have been the same if we hadn't. Selma was singing with the choir which was the reason we went. Hope we'll be able to make it a yearly thing, with or without her singing :-)

Rann
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2008
3:07 AM

Post #5926269

We reached the balmy 20s today. Sunshine all day which help melt a little and I mean little, bit of ice. lol. We got a dusting of snow last night and this morning so we had traction.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!!

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2008
5:57 AM

Post #5926550

Happy Holidays to all my DG friends. You have all been so supportive to me this year. I would have fallen completely apart without you all. Especially one of you. You know who you are.

I love you.

Tell someone you haven't told in a long time you love them. Tell someone "thank you", hug your family. They won't be here forever.

Be safe, stay warm, forgive, smile.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #5927081

Got pictures of the doll house.
Base is 22" X 30"

This message was edited Dec 25, 2008 9:20 AM

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #5927084

inside.

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2008
4:09 PM

Post #5927214

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Rann I think Prissy is very glad to not be the only dog now!
Celia We love you too. Looks like those relaxation classes are working for Monty!
Bernie- Good job on the dollhouse! That is going to be one happy little girl!

Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 69 F
Wind: 3.8 mph
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 30.33 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 73 F
Clouds: Few 800 ft
Scattered Clouds 6000 ft

Rest of Today
Partly cloudy. Unseasonably warm. High 76. South winds 5 mph.

Accck - too hot and humid for this time of year. Time to bake a birthday cake for Jeff.

Daddys little girl :)

This message was edited Dec 25, 2008 11:10 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #5927221

Great shot of 'Daddy's little girl'. Lee
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #5927281

VERY Nice Bernie!
That will be a cherished gift forever!

LOL Sharon!
That pic reminds me of my friend Jim and his Pug Puppy.

We it was a wild ride up to Dayton yesterday afternoon.
55F or so down here and raining hard when we left.
Dropping FAST as we made the 1 hour drive.
The winds were terrible. I finally stopped and gassed up the Escort just to add more weight.
Brrrrrrr! down to about 45F already.
About 9 PM I went out to start loading the car.
Two trips went fine... the third trip I slid across the road on the newly forming ice.
We left shortly after...
most of the rain had been evaporated by the wind but there were still a few patches of ice.
By the time we were halfway home it was 36F so we were out of the woods.
It got down to 24F here overnight.
It was 18F up there.
Sadly since Tuesday afternoon at least 3 people have been killed (including a local police chief) from the many icy accidents.

27F here now calm and sunny.
It's supposed to be 56 tomorrow and 72F by Friday!

Ric

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 25, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5927737

Sharon: Tht is the sweetiest pic of Prissy and Peanut
Rann: Poor Hildur Eva. Sick on Christmas! Sending get-well wishes her way.
Bernie: Wow! What a fab doll house!
Celia: Have a blessed New Year!

Gorgeous day! High was 79F! Could've gone to the beach!
Deb

(Mr S having his Christmas dinner.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 25, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #5927820

Merry Christmas everyone!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2008
11:02 PM

Post #5927880

Merry Christmas everyone!!

We reached 40* today and most of the ice has melted off the roads. It's just patchy now.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:23 AM

Post #5928269

27 (Wind Chill 21) and we 'might' have hit 32 at best.
But by 7AM they are forecasting 35 w/ a high of 56 .
Calling for 72 on Saturday.
I managed to get a few shots last night while in Dayton.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:25 AM

Post #5928276

Here's a shot toward downtown.

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:28 AM

Post #5928282

Off the deck

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:34 AM

Post #5928292

I've never seen the Bergenia cordifolia bloom.
Today as I was putting the tomato cage trees back upright...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:37 AM

Post #5928298

And we celebrated our first Christmas Dinner in the new room.
Still needs a lot of work but...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2008
3:26 AM

Post #5928401

Look'n good there, Ric.

We are going to build on in the summer. Adding 10 feet to the end of the house & 8 feet on the side of the master bedroom. This will make for an additional room which will be a four season porch/office.
It will make a 10 X 18 porch, add 10 X 16 to the living room, & 8 X 12 to the bedroom. Also will add a room upstairs. My son's quarters! He is a confirmed bachelor!

All the way up to 24 now. Wind is still fierce.

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
4:15 AM

Post #5928492

Thanks Bernie!
At 24 up there it must already feel like Spring at least!
Our temps are going up almost 50 from this morning to Saturday.
I'm sure the wind will be howling again here too.

This room adds a 160 square foot 4 season room.
(We did a 9 x 14 enclosed porch a few years back.)
As our downstairs is only 600 sq now it really makes a difference.
We plan to turn the detached garage into a Family/Media Room.
That will be a 280 sq addition plus the workshop/breezeway so we will almost double the downstairs.

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2008
11:33 AM

Post #5928866

Celia, my deepest sympathy for your MIL death ...please send my condoleances to your family, especially to Darrel.
Ric, how wonderful to have dinner in your new room, that must have been such a satisfaction for you and Robyn! Merry Christmas to you both!
Joey, the little Santa's pit crew member is the cutest of all! Thanks for the kind words!Merry Christmas to you and all your beautiful family!
Deb, on the beach on Christmas day, I'd have loved that too! Loved that Angel, thanks! Merry Christmas !
Rann, thank you for your stories, I felt like I was Hildur Eva's age again...sorry she got sick, I hope sh e feels better already! Merry Christmas to you and all your family!,
Kiska, your ice forms are amasing, you have such imagination and skills ! That's a great picture of the sunrise! Merry Christmas and stay warm!
Sharon, love your pics, it shows you and DH ...and all the "family"...are deeply in love with the sweet Pea ! Merry Christmas!
Bernie, love the color in your kitchen, same as my house !LOL Merry Christmas !
It's freezing here too, but no snow yet. The temps have fallen down to 17 last night and everything is frozen. The sky last night was so full of stars, I was looking for a special one... Today the sky was till clear and the sun was shinning...with teeth, of course...meaning it was still freezing!LOL We had some friends coming over for a short Christmas brunch.
First, a picture of my house with the Poinsettia in my bedrooms window.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2008
11:40 AM

Post #5928868

A closer look.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2008
11:43 AM

Post #5928873

And this are our friends and my colleagues from work...he is the boss, very nice guy, helped me a lot with my exam! The old lady is his wife's grannie...she lost her DH 2 months ago, so the grandaughter decide to take her at their place for Christmas.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2008
12:47 PM

Post #5928937

35 !!
We are going to melt away. (Kidding, way to much snow for meltdown.)
South wind still blowing.

I may head out to Albert Lea today to pick up some hardwood lumber we need for some projects. Also someone on the way is interested in a TV stand. I will stop there if they are home.
I need to check roads before I head out.

Some snow overnight, but can't tell much until daylight.

Everyone have a great day!
Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5928972

Deb Squirrels kill me! How do they eat upside down? LOL!
Ric Nice sky pics! Thats an interesting looking bloom. Are those buds or the blooms?
The room looks very festive! I cant imagine you having your Christmas Dinner anywhere else! Nice job!
Adina Your house is so beautiful! You set a beautiful Christmas table.

63.5 F
Fog
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 60 F
Pressure: 30.33 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.1 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 4000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Areas of dense fog with visibility below one-half mile will continue to affect portions of northeast Florida through 10 am EST. Motorists should remain alert for rapid changes in visibility and use only low- beam headlights in fog.

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am this morning...

Today
Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers. Areas of dense fog in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. High 76. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Jeff really enjoyed the rib roast last night. He ate a whole rib by himself LOL!I had to tell him to slow down or he'd get sick! It's a very easy and tasty recipe if anyone wants it.

Baby tree frog between the petals of my NOID rose.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
1:19 PM

Post #5928975

We have 3 broccoli florets coming in now!

This message was edited Dec 26, 2008 8:20 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
1:22 PM

Post #5928986

Wake up Daddy LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
2:36 PM

Post #5929136

Updated: 29 min 38 sec ago
61 F
Overcast
Humidity: 81%
Wind: 21 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 33 mph
Pressure: 29.82 in (Steady)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
Clouds: Overcast 1300 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Last night, I try to enter the Internet and it seen all down! So, final this morning is up and running!

I had good time for Christmas and visit my step-GD (3mo. old) in hospital (she got virus in her lung) so she doing good and smile alot...

Oh, I has been cooking 2 times of fudges candies, 3 dz. of chocolate chip cookies and duck!

Late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, 2009!

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
3:10 PM

Post #5929220

Bernie you are actually warmer than we are!
But I'm thinking that by noon we will probably surpass you...

We have a VERY weird weather pattern coming in.
For the next 36 hours or so the temps will rise.
By midnight it should be in the mid 50's.
By tomorrow afternoon the mid/upper 70's.
This is a pure South Wind.
Usually we get a S/W or N/W wind in the winter.
So we should be smelling FL by this time tomorrow! LOL!

Adina that house is lovely!
I REALLY have grown to appreciate that color.
At first I thought it a bit bold but you have an EXCELLENT eye!

Sharon I've found that most winter blooming plants here look more like buds than flowers.
Guess w/ no bugs to pollinate them they don't need a lot of flash.
The Pachysandra is blooming too.
I need to look at the Helleborus today.
It's probably time to trim last year's foliage off.
We trampled some of them pretty badly in the remodel.
Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2008
3:12 PM

Post #5929223

Merry Christmas Rusty!
Sounds Yummy!

Ric
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
4:50 PM

Post #5929492

Good morning! :-) I've gotten way behind again.

Sharon, I want the rib recipe!

Adina, your house is lovely. :-)

Bernie, the doll house is fabulous! I hope the tv stand guy hires you. :-)

Ric, wow... You're getting our weather tomorrow!

Rusty, I sure hope your step granddaughter feels better soon, the poor little thing.

Everyone here is feeling much better, except for the washing machine, which is officially dead. We'll probably end up buying a used one on Craigslist unless someone has a really good sale listed in today's paper. The bunnies had a wonderful Christmas. :-) I haven't uploaded the photos from the camera yet. I'll do that later and see if we got any good ones. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CST (48 min ago)
Temperature 73 F 23 C
Dew Point 69 F 21 C
Humidity 87%
Pressure 30.07 in 1018.2 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH 13 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160
Ceiling 3800 ft 1158 m
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Heat Index 77 F 25 C
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 71.1F / 21.7C

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2008
6:35 PM

Post #5929799

Hi, Everybody!

No way am I catching up. Everyone here had a good Christmas. Baby sister and family flew in from NC last night. They had quite the adventure, too, as we had a blizzard going on at the time. We got about 8" of snow and, in some places, more. Out towards the lake, they had significantly more and more coming today. Roads were closed all over.

22F with 29 as our high today. Spring better hurry.
Feels like: 14F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↑
Dewpoint: 13
Visibility: 7 miles
Wind: 7 mph N
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 5:06 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2008
6:42 PM

Post #5929816

Another.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2008
6:48 PM

Post #5929833

Celia, I hope that's not you covered in all that snow. Lee
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2008
6:52 PM

Post #5929849

HEAT WAVE!!! LOL! It is 63* outside right now with winds out of the south at about 25 mph.

I got a new camera yesterday and was having fun shooting the birds with it.

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2008
6:59 PM

Post #5929875

Congrats on the new camera!!! How cute is that?!?!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2008
8:01 PM

Post #5930050

Pepper, did you get you limit ? LOL!

Melting here. Only today, tomorrow back to reality!

Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
8:29 PM

Post #5930139

Marylyn I sent the recipe to your d-mail :) Sorry to hear about the washer its always something isnt it?!
Celia Darrell looks disgusted with all the snow LOL! Brrr to the Budda!
Pepper Congrats on the new camera! What kind did you get? Cute picture!
Bernie - Pull out the t-shirts and shorts!

66.2 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 79%
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.30 in (Falling)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 3500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times after midnight. Low 58. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

I don't think it got as hot as predicted. I worked in the lawn for 2 hours and the heat didn't kill me for a change :)

Zebra Longwing taken this afternoon.

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2008
9:12 PM

Post #5930281

LOL Bernie!! I went over the limit but only a few were good.

The camera I got is a FugiFilm Finepix S8100. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2008
9:43 PM

Post #5930396

I know what you mean. I got so many pictures on my computer it's ridiculous. Never seem to have time to edit & get rid of them.
Did you know with Picasa 3 you can add text to the picture. You could put the kind of bird & when you took it right on the picture.
I started adding it to my flower pictures. It will be a lot easier to do it as pictures are added.
Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
9:57 PM

Post #5930450

Pepper - Nice shot!
Bernie - I bought a Maxtor external drive. I copy and paste all of my pictures into it then delete out of my hard drive. I have more space and my computer is faster now.

i've been on Picasa but not for a while. I'll have to check it out again.

The fog started rolling in about an hour ago. It's going to be thick tonight. I can smell the ocean.

Isaboo has been frisky this afternoon. She's been chasing leaves on the roof, she even caught a few LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 26, 2008
10:11 PM

Post #5930505

My condolences, Celia.

We were on vacation for a few days, as some of you probably figured out. According to our weather station, it got down to 30F here this morning. It was 57F in the house when we got home. There was 0.8 inches of rain while we were gone.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 26, 2008
51 F / 11 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 20 F / -7 C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 26 mph / 43 km/h / 11.8 m/s
Pressure: 30.13 in / 1020 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 4400 ft / 1341 m
(Above Ground Level)

a couple more pictures from Santa Cruz Island - This is some kind of barn or storage building. The date in the one gable says 1887. Like everywhere else in southern CA, this island used to be a cattle and/or sheep ranch.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 26, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #5930514

paper nautilus shell

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2008
10:19 PM

Post #5930540

Sharon, Darrell IS disgusted at all the snow but what he's looking at in the pic is our recycle bin. The lid blew up during the night and it's full of snow! LOL

Monty wanted out so I opened the door. Isis heard the door open and came to investigate. Neither decided they REALLY wanted to go out! LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2008
10:21 PM

Post #5930552

Love the pic of the 2 cuties!!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 26, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #5930625

Kelli - Hope you had a nice trip! The pictures are great!
Celia - Monty and Isis are like "ummmm - you go first"!

The fog is so thick right now. It's creepy LOL! It's like mud.

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 26, 2008
11:51 PM

Post #5930824

We have dense fog, also.
Anytime snow melts we end up with fog.
Still 37 at 5:30 PM

My computer is big! The company that sold it to me said I will never fill it up.

Example of Picasa 3 text.
Never tried it before, but the text vanished when I posted.
It read; Dave's helpers, Terry in black, Melody in yellow & green. 2008 KY RU.

This message was edited Dec 26, 2008 5:53 PM

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #5931159

Celia that looks like our Missy and Katt sitting there... doing the same thing. LOL!

Sharon that's a nice camera choice.
I love the FinePix we have... it's a great carry along size too.
It was Foggy here but clearing now.

Hmmm I've never tried the Texted photos here Bernie.
Here's Bonnie (your lady in the gray Dave's shirt...unless that's here twin)
and Friends at our Fall ORVG RU

52 now shooting for 62 by morning.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2008
3:33 AM

Post #5931590

Yes, some of got RU fever, I think.
I'm going to Iowa, Upper Midwest, Southern MN, (oh, that's right, it's at my house.), & Kentucky.
Jo, (Roadrunner) gets around. She was at KY too.

Try this one.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2008
3:52 AM

Post #5931655

Here's more.
Sally & Jesse belong to justmelisa.
I think I got all names right.

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 27, 2008
1:36 PM

Post #5932312

I'm hoping to make it to some RU's next year. I haven't been to one in over a year.

Still seriously foggy here. WX said it could last unitl 11am.

61.7 F
Fog
Humidity: 94%
Pressure: 30.36 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.1 miles

Dense fog advisory in effect until 11 am EST this morning...

Today
Mostly cloudy with widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. High 74. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Trre frog snuggled under a leaf on the poinsettia bush.

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 27, 2008
2:29 PM

Post #5932429

Back to real this morning.
18 with nice NW wind about 10MPH

Heading off for family gathering today. Canceled last week because of weather.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
2:32 PM

Post #5932436

Updated: 13 min 26 sec ago
55 F
Heavy Thunderstorm Rain Mist
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 54 F
Wind: 22 mph from the WSW
Wind Gust: 40 mph
Pressure: 29.66 in (Rising)
Visibility: 1.0 miles
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 900 ft
Mostly Cloudy 1500 ft
Overcast 2500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Just start raining mist and lightning few minutes ago...
See right corner of apts. Wow! Christmas tree lights!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2008
2:36 PM

Post #5932445

It is not dark, I have become a lazy bum in only three days, two more and I will not know how to get to work.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 27, 2008
2:49 PM

Post #5932477

Dyson - I'm right there with you LOL! Monday? Work? Say it ain't so LOL!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
3:38 PM

Post #5932627

Me TOO!
But the nice thing is I have 2 days of work then ANOTHER 5 days off!

Cute Frog Sharon!

Those of you in the Season Challenged Zones will know what I mean here.

You know that day when you open the door and it's Spring.
Bird sounds, temp, smell all say WAKE UP WORLD!
Well that's how it is here today.
66 and going for at least 70
We have all the doors and windows open.

It won't last.
High Wind Advisory is in affect for tonight thru tomorrow morning.
It will drop thru to freezing by Sunday evening.

But for Today at least we have a Door into Spring!

We picked these up for the FPR yesterday at the Demo Salvage store.
They are having a 12 days of Christmas Sale.
Yesterday was 50% off everything.
Is this corner cab weird or what?
We needed something to put right inside the door.
The current pantry is too tall and breaks the sight line, makes the room look smaller.
30 bucks... counter depth...two working doors... and pan racks...
mills pride construction so solid wood doors... all for 15 dollars!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
3:46 PM

Post #5932658

We also found this door.
24" wide but hinged in the middle.. perfect to cover the broom storage area... 4 bucks...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 27, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5932875

Ric, those doors are perfect and looking great painted...so will the one you found. Thanks, I loved the color the moment I saw it on a building in Italy, last year when I visited DD.
Sharon, how cute is your Pea! How do you find those little frogs...they are too cute! My poinsettias are blooming,not so healthy as yours though!
Pepper, congrats for the new camera!
Celia, so much snow! Love the picture with the kitties, too cute!LOL
Country, thanks for sharing, so nice to see DG friends in person!
Kelli, what a beautiful shell!
It's been snowing today, but only a few snowflakes. Still freezing. Buck was staying in his doghouse wondering what kind of rain would that be?!LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2008
5:30 PM

Post #5932928

Getting colder here again. 37 and raining. My truck is clean again!! Now if I could only convince the county to bring the graders over here to get rid of the sludge and put gravel down. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #5933170

Great pics, everyone!

Adina, glad Buck stayed in his house. He looks cozzy in there.

Frogs! Darrell said they were very cute! I agreed. LOL

21F with 27 for the high. Patches of dense fog are being reported. Not here. The sun came out and said "Hi" for a minute. We got another 2" on top of the snow we had earlier. Darrell went to his mom's house to clear snow and he said it was knee deep there!
Feels like: 10F

Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 10
Humidity: 59%
Wind: 11 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:51 AM
Sunset: 5:07 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 27, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #5933211

Pepper, wonderful close-up!
I forgot to mention about my new article , published today :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/manage/viewstory.php?rid=2036

Marylyn, your picture saved me, I hope you don't mind using it .
Hugs,
Adina
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 27, 2008
8:04 PM

Post #5933363

Nice article, Adina

It seems colder than 54F. I was outside watering the plants that are under the porch roof and though it is sunny, it isn't all that nice. (We got a little bit of frost damage the other night but it doesn't look like anything was killed outright.)

Updated: 11:51 AM PST on December 27, 2008
54 F / 12 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 13 F / -11 C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h / 5.7 m/s from the NNW
Pressure: 30.32 in / 1027 hPa (Falling)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 28000 ft / 8534 m
(Above Ground Level)

Now, the vacation pictures - some of the 22,000 monarch butterflies at Pismo Beach

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 27, 2008
8:05 PM

Post #5933366

It looks like these ones are trying to get warmed up. They won't fly when their temperature is below 55F.

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
9:02 PM

Post #5933570

I'm too far behind to comment on everything and my computer is being really slow right now which makes it hard for me to scroll up and down to read everything.
Celia, I know you received my email with condolences for you and Darrel about his mother's passing.

I've been in Harrison AR with my daughter and her family. We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner and fun and fellowship together. They got a WII to have at their house for when the kids come home for special occasions. They all played golf, bowling and tennis on it and had a great time. I'm back home now for just a couple of days and then I am going back up there for the New Year's Eve service at their church and New Year's Day dinner with the family.

I'll try posting a family photo but don't know if it will load due to my computer problems.

Our weather has gone from a wind chill of 8 on Monday night to 70+ today. It' is dark and cloudy and looks like it could storm any minute but nothing so far, thank goodness.

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2008
9:10 PM

Post #5933605

73 and a slight breeze at the moment.
W/ the new Wind Advisory THAT will change...lol!

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2008
9:42 PM

Post #5933708

Still high 30s here though it's supposed to get below freezing tonight so the roads will have a light glazing on them.

Not fun driving for us. We have to head to the city to go see Jeff Dunham's show tonight. THAT will be fun. LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #5933729

Okay, I'm pushing back the jealousy...Whew...tht was close. I so would love to see him live. I would, also, love a Peanut doll! LOL

Mau, 8-70 in less than a week. Sounds like and old Hyundai I use to have. ;-)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2008
10:21 PM

Post #5933831

I prefer Walter and Ackmead (sp?). Those 2 are my favorites.

Mau, you are having my weather. lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2008
10:52 PM

Post #5933937

Walter is hilarious. I love his view of his wife and woman, in general.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 27, 2008
11:45 PM

Post #5934082

Oh, golly. Too far behind to comment on all, sorry, but..
Sharon, I love the little frogs!
Adina, so nice to be comfortably in your new home for the holidays.
Ric, me too - 3 days back at work and then another week off, thank goodness. I could get used to this vacation thing.

Another beautiful day here. Currently - after a very nice sunset - 66F.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2008
12:21 AM

Post #5934233

Ric, I think that cabinet is meant for the end of a row, but hey, if works, what the heck!

We just got back from my brothers in Mankato. First time I've been in his new house. Way overdone as far as I'm concerned. 12 ft ceilings in some rooms, lots of woodwork. All sawn oak. He's been a contractor for over 25 years, so got the bucks to do it. Lots of SQ ft.

Still 18, I don't think it changed much all day.

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #5934564

Thanks Bernie!
I was going to ask you what it's original use would be.
It will be used for the end of a straight run so I guess I guessed right.

We played w/ the layout for 4 hours this afternoon.
AND we didn't kill each other! LOL!
Every layout was close but had some flaw we couldn't live w/...
Finally we just walked away...
Then as I walked thru to let the dog out a few minutes ago the perfect layout hit me.
A could see it in my head.
Called Robyn in and explained it to her in about 30 seconds... and we HAVE a winner.
Tomorrow we'll rearrange and start measuring for the cabs we have to get or build.

Thumbnail by henryr10

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2008
6:31 AM

Post #5935174

Awww... look, our last year's Christmas tree is in Adina's article! Thank you for using it!! :-) (I would have cleaned up the toys better if I'd known.. LOL)

Ric, I can't wait to see photos of your latest brainstorm. I'm sure that corner cabinet is going to look perfect in the spot you have in mind. :-)

Dyson, we're going to have to same trouble Monday morning... We've been staying up late and sleeping in since Thursday, and it's been wonderful! Getting up at 7am to make Charles' lunch and see him off to work is going to be a shock.

Today Mom and Dad sent us off on a date. Yayyy! We went to the Houston Heritage Society (http://www.heritagesociety.org/), which I had only barely heard of. It was wonderful! Unfortunately we didn't get any photos, but we'll go back another time. We only got to tour about half of the houses this visit. :-) It was chilly and there were intermittent rain storms throughout the afternoon, but it was still fun. After that we tried to go to two other museums, but they were both closed. So we went to a Barnes & Nobles bookstore to spend a gift card we'd gotten from Charles' aunt. I bought an Asian cuisine cookbook... just looking at the recipes is making me hungry!

The bunnies obviously had a good time with Grandma and Grandpa, and are having a hard time settling down to sleep. They are sleeping in our walk-in closet while Grandma & Grandpa are here and are sleeping in their room, so we're waiting for them to settle down a bit before we go in. Hopefully the last time I tucked them in and told them to be quiet actually "took." (rolling eyes...) Getting up for church in the morning might be a bit of a trick.

This was another little chilly front moving in. It is only going to be in the 50s tomorrow, but it will be back in the 70s on Monday. The bunnies and grandparents and I are going to the zoo Monday, which should be fun. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 11:53pm CST (33 min ago)
Temperature 59 F 15 C
Dew Point 15 F -9 C
Humidity 18%
Pressure 30.20 in 1022.8 mb
Wind Speed 18 MPH
G 23 16 kts
G 20
Wind Dir NNE 20
Ceiling 6000 ft 1829 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Remarks Lightning detector not working.
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53pm CST : 59.0F / 15.0C
24 hour min temperature ending 11:53pm CST : 57.9F / 14.4C
24 hour max temperature ending 11:53pm CST : 80.1F / 17.8C
6 hour max temperature ending 11:53pm CST : 64.0F / 17.8C
3 hour precipitation ending 11:53pm CST : Trace

Rest of tonight Mostly cloudy. Much cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2008
12:50 PM

Post #5935402

Ric LOL! I work Monday & Tuesday only as well. Ill have to go in at some point on Wednesday for an hour to close out the montheasy stuff! Thats a neat cabinet good job on the finds!
Adina The frogs are usually pretty well hidden. The only time I see them is when Im cleaning up in the yard. The babies are very small smaller than my little fingernail.
Pepper- Cute chickadee pics! Is the feeder close to a window?
Celia Are you snuggled in by the fire? I know the snow drives yall crazy, but it sure is pretty!
Adina I read your article. I like the tradition you are carrying on in your family. The baskets are very pretty.
Kelli So thats where all the Monarchs go LOL! They are so beautiful.
Mau - Thats a nice family photo such a handsome family! I know you had a great time with your family and are looking forward to going back this week.
Deb Cute picture!
Marylyn That was so sweet of your parents to send you on a date! Your cool front will be coming through here late Tuesday.

60.3 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 85%
Pressure: 30.30 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Clouds: Few 100 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft

Partly cloudy. High 76. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

My AIL (MIL's sister) and her hubby are coming through town tonight so I have to get ready for them. I'm thinking seafood lasagna for dinner. They will be here tonight only and it will be too dark to show them around our little town. I'm hoping they get here sometime during the day so they can enjoy the stay.

Here we have the Gulf Frit cat

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2008
12:51 PM

Post #5935405

And here is the pupae. They'll do this anywhere. I had to buy a new sprayer so I wouldn't disturb the process :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2008
3:03 PM

Post #5935686

Updated: 1 hr 5 min 42 sec ago
28 F
Clear
Windchill: 19 F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 21 F
Wind: 9 mph from the SSW
Pressure: 30.23 in (Rising)
(Above

Frost on deck

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 28, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5935935

1 Sunrise 10:16 Set: 3:40 gain of 1m40seconds.
Highs zero to 15 above. Northeast wind 15 to 30 mph with
local gusts 45 to 60 mph.
Too far behind for comments but was good to catch up.
Cute frogs? still can't used that description:))
Yesterday ~ first time w/snowshoes.

Thumbnail by kiska

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5937013

High of 34 again today & sunny.

Party at our house for DW family.

Some of us guys cheering for the MN Vikings.

Mark is BIL's SIL. Eric is my SIL. My son Bernie.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #5937304

Sunrise: 7:15 AM CT
Avg. High: 49F
Record High: 74F (1984)
Tonight: Clear
Overnight Low 32F
Precip 0%
Wind: W 2 mph
Max. Humidity: 68%
Sunset: 5:05 PM CT
Avg. Low: 28F
Record Low: 21F (1965)

Computer really acting up--makes it hard for me to scroll up and down to read your posts--be glad when I can get a new one!

Friday has been a bad boy today--messing on the carpet,etc. I'll be glad when he gets over this "stage".

Thumbnail by marsue

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 29, 2008
1:22 AM

Post #5937666

Marsue: Bet it's really hard to get mad at him, though. So cute.

Boring weather here. Warm, ptly cloudy. Dyson dark.
Deb
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2008
1:42 AM

Post #5937766

39 (Wind Chill 35) after a Beautiful Clear Day!
This is more our normal temp for this time of year.

Kiska you look very comfortable on the shoes.
Pretty scenery!

Kelli one of these days we'll get up there to see the Monarchs.
Has to be amazing in person.

Bernie I can see why you need to expand.
Football needs a BIG Room! lol!

Mostly today we moved stuff in the room and figured placement and cabs we need to build.
The one 10' of wall will be a bank of counter top height cabs.
This room will be basically a sewing room... doubling as a dining room on occasion.
We need to build in a folding cutting table and sewing machine stand that will be hidden when not in use.
Robyn will also have her computer out there too.
We have already decided to build in a hidden sliding bookcase at the far/door end behind the Pantry.
At some point we will replace the louvered closet doors w/ swinging bookcase doors too.
Interestingly enough we're getting a lot of our ideas from old 50/60's storage and woodworking mags and books.

Well Hi Ho, Hi Ho tomorrow it's off to work I go... for two days... then 5 more off!
Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 29, 2008
3:52 AM

Post #5938271

Tonight
minus 5 as I just checked now at 7pm. This is from wundergound site:
Mostly clear. Areas of blowing snow.
Lows 5 below to 10 below. Northeast wind increasing to
25 to 40 mph with
gusts to 80 mph.
Wind chills 15 below to 25 below.
Not a good night to have be out.
ric~I loved the Christmas table setting in the new room. Sounds as if there's a bit more decided and ready to begin. Sounds great.
marsue~puppy time; busy time:))
Deb~boring is ok:)) better than not, at times.

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
10:50 AM

Post #5938770

Kiska Do you go on a snowshoe hike? The snow covered pines are beautiful!
Mau Seat Pea has been forgetting where her pee pads are and she wont do both businesses on one pad. She had one for number 1 and 1 for number 2! Shes a little high maintenance LOL!
Ric Was it as difficult for you to get up this morning as it was for me?!
Kiksa The snow is beautiful. I know it will get messy, but still!

59.4 F
Clear
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 53 F
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
Visibility: 6.0 miles

Today
Increasing cloudiness. Patchy fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon. High 72. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Painted Lady hib blooming now.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2008 7:08 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2008
11:12 AM

Post #5938803

Not difficult to get up... difficult to get going... LOL!

27 currently heading for 50 ... Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 29, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5938969

36.5 this morning!
I don't know what is going on. Cold front coming.

We will be installing bathroom cabinets today.

Holiday festives are done here, so back to the old grind.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 29, 2008
3:54 PM

Post #5939542

Sigh. Back at work. My brain is still in holiday mode. LOL. Thanks goodness there's another break coming.

Kiska: Yes, boring weather is ok with me. :) You look very intrepid in your snow shoeing outfit!

Sharon: Gorgeous hibiscus!

Cloudy with a good chance of showers. High 62.

Deb
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 29, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5939733

Hi everyone!

Way too far behind to catch up.

Celia - so sorry to hear about your MIL's passing. My sincerest condolences to you and Darrel (((((Hugs)))))

Kelli - amazing photo of the monarch's!

Back to work for DH this morning ... us girls slept in. Selma's been having trouble falling asleep and I can't get to sleep until she's out ... which was around 2 am last night ... sigh. They'll be up past midnight on New Year's Eve so there's no point trying to get them back on track until after that ...

The weather is very nice, 44F, fairly calm and drizzles now and then. The girls actually went outside to play today ... feels like spring ... Except it's dark now at 4:30 pm... hope they'll be back soon.

Rann
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 29, 2008
5:45 PM

Post #5939999

minus 10F at my house.
a mile furtherdown the road:
Butte, Palmer, AK
-19.0 F -19 F 100% North at 0.0 mph
29.57 in 0.00 in / hr -19 F
Dark with sunrise at 10:16.
We've only used the snowshoes the one time; when it gets above zero, we'll go again. I'd really like to wait till it get back up in the teens. It was so nice though to be walking in the snow without a struggle. Can't believe we've waited 30 years to get snowshoes:)))
Love the gorgeous hibiscus, MySharona.
rann~being back on schedule should help:))

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2008
6:31 PM

Post #5940170

I'm still trying to catch up.

Ric, the room is awesome. I wish I had the knowledge/resources/energy for something around here.

Beautiful Hibicus, Sharon! Poor Sweet Pea, having to learn all those "human" rules! LOL I loved the caterpillars, too.

So much snow, Kiska. Breathtaking views, though.

Mau, I agree with Deb that it's probably hard to stay mad at Friday. They look at you with those puppy eyes and it's all over for me. :-)

31F with 41 as our high.
Feels like: 31F

Dewpoint: 25
Humidity: 78%
Sunset: 5:08 PM

MIL is being laid to rest today. Darrell and I went to her home last night to finish straightening the house up. It was so strange to be there and she wasn't. Darrell could feel it, too.

In 1998, she was chosen for a luncheon given for mothers of Utah by the governor. She was one of 25 chosen for this honor. Ramonita Santiago.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 29, 2008
9:06 PM

Post #5940672

Ric, I am not familiar with the deodars of Los Feliz. How big are they compared to the ones in my pictures?

Nice weather today.

Updated: 9 min 19 sec ago
71 F
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 32 F
Wind: 8 mph from the NNE
Pressure: 30.08 in (Falling)
(Above Ground Level)

The following pictures are all near Cambria - central CA.

mule deer

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 29, 2008
9:07 PM

Post #5940676

ocean 'n' stuff

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 29, 2008
9:09 PM

Post #5940682

Monterey pine forest - some of the plants up there are the same as down here and some are different. The big difference is the presence of coniferous trees.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 29, 2008
9:11 PM

Post #5940697

The trees on the right are probably Monterey cypress. There is a campground over there so they might have been planted.

Thumbnail by Kelli

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 30, 2008
12:28 AM

Post #5941353

Celia: Your MIL looks like a lovely lady.
Kelli: Never seen a mule deer before. Kinda cute. :)
Deb
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2008
1:33 AM

Post #5941640

48 right now and Dyson Dark.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
9:19 AM

Post #5942782

Dark, Cold, Clear.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2008
10:50 AM

Post #5942819

It was so slow at work yesterday I was told to leave at noon! The other good thing is the furniture store called; the table was in so I went to Callahan to pick it up. Weve got 2 chairs put together (theyre so pretty!). Im not paying an extra $250 to have the table put together and delivered. Once done Ill post a picture!

Kiksa Pioneer Peak sure is pretty covered in snow :) Have fun with the snowshoes!
Celia Your MIL looks like a lovely lady. I know you miss her terribly.

49.1 F
Clear
Windchill: 49 F
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 28 F
Pressure: 30.15 in (Falling)

Today
Sunny. High 67. North winds 5 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.

No rain yesterday. I don't know where it went. It's DysonDark and cooler. I have the back door open to let that clean cool air in! We are finally at seasonal temps now. It's been unseasonably warm lately.

Taken Sunday in a series of pictures. They were so sweet together.

Thumbnail by MySharona

leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
1:15 PM

Post #5943013

Mysharona, great pic of the dogs!!! Lee

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
3:36 PM

Post #5943478

Clear and sunny today!!! Yea!!!

21F with 39 for our high.
Feels like: 17F

Barometer: 30.4 in ↑
Dewpoint: 19
Humidity: 91%
Wind: 3 mph ESE
Sunset: 5:09 PM

Some nice ladies sent me some Angel's trumpet's not too long ago. Some of them are getting big.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 30, 2008
8:49 PM

Post #5944525

Nothing too noteworthy today

Updated: 53 min 36 sec ago
71 F
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 32 F
Wind: 8 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.05 in (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

More vacation pix... rainbow, though it wasn't raining

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 30, 2008
8:49 PM

Post #5944527

elephant seal

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 30, 2008
8:51 PM

Post #5944535

another elephant seal

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 30, 2008
11:25 PM

Post #5945048

Tonight
Mostly clear.
Lows 15 below to 20 below. Northeast wind 15 to 25 mph.
Local gusts to 50 mph.
Wind chills to 35 below
kwanjin~your MIL was a beautiful woman; both inside and out. Beautiful photo.
kelli~love your series; the elephant seal is quite impressive.
MySharona~cute doggies.
Hot water becoming vaporized~a few minutes ago.

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
11:35 PM

Post #5945086

Dark, again, wanted to change the oil in the Yaris but it was too dark by the time I got home. Oh well.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 30, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #5945089

We missed the snow!
Not to far north 12" or better. Twin Cities is a mess. Will these people ever learn to drive or at least stay home!
17 at 5:30 PM
North wind. (Yes, it always blows, just different directions.)

Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2008
11:37 PM

Post #5945097

Thanks Lee!

Celia- Your brug looks healthy!
Kelli I love the elephant seal pics! Its must have been so cool to see them in person!
Kiska The vaporizing water is still so new to me!

55.6 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 38 F
Pressure: 30.12 in(Rising)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 43. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2008
11:43 PM

Post #5945163

Dyson - Bernie we crossed...

Dyson - Saved by the Dark! One chore put off for another day :)
Bernie stay safe on those roads!

Here is the table!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 30, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #5945165

Nice table, nice Christmas tree, nice room in general

The elephant seals are pretty funny. They remind me of you guys' cats, how they just lay there all sprawled out. The females hadn't arrived yet, so the males were pretty laid back. They'll start fighting when the females arrive.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5945334

Love the seals! LOL They do look like the cats.

Shhh...Monty's hiding...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
12:39 AM

Post #5945358

High was around 58 or so today. Very windy and sunny. Now still windy, Dyson Dark and temps will be in the teens tonight after the cold front moves in.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #5945721

Where's Monty?

Nice start on those Brugs!
They are very easy to get rooted cuttings from too.
Any idea of the color?
If you'd like I have some giant white Devil's Trumpet Seeds I can send you.
They should be hardy there.

Kelli I love the Monterey area.
That's my favorite part of CA.
The E Seals are COOL! Glad the females weren't there yet though.
It gets dangerous whe they arrive.
The deodars in your first shots fooled me.
I thought that was Los Feliz.
We don't have any pictures but I do have a video somewhere.
My memory is telling me they were the same size, but I may be wrong.
It's been a while.

Sharon very nice table!
And the puppy pics... Calendar Quality!

It's NOW officially Winter!
Kiska's Vaporizing Water!

It's been warmer than normal here the last few days.
Currently 45 (Wind Chill 42) after 55 this afternoon.
That stops tonight...High North Wind Advisory...
High tomorrow is 35 by Thursday morning... 18
5 day weekend!

Ric

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
1:57 AM

Post #5945750

LOL. All anyone needs to do to know my weather is read Ric's posts. Very rarely is he really different from me. I still get a kick outta that.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5946340

Ric, I was given 3 colors, white, yellow and purple. I had a MIM but I killed it. :-( I have 5 already. If you have one that will grow outside in 5a, that'd be awesome!

I found Monty!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 31, 2008
4:06 AM

Post #5946360

Cooling off! 3.2 & going down.
Sending it east & south, enjoy!
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2008
4:28 AM

Post #5946435

This one 'may' be a bit different pepper.
We just got in from the Hot Tub.
The wind is steady at 20 MPH BUT the temps are going up not down.
It's now 52 here and climbing...
It's supposed to be a NE wind but it's SW...
I'm assuming at some point it will turn 180's and the cold front WILL come thru...

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 31, 2008
5:01 AM

Post #5946513

Yes, we warmed from 20 to 25 overnight. Then the wind came from the NW & strong. Started down & then a little snow, now it is 0.

Look out to the east.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
5:08 AM

Post #5946525

Just don't send it SW, Bernie - we don't want it! (And yes, I'm a wuss! LOL)

My parents left this morning (sniff, sniff...) They are spending the night in a motel in Tuscaloosa, Alabama tonight, and will be home, hopefully before all of the crazies come out! - tomorrow evening.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53pm CST (14 min ago)
Temperature 60 F 16 C
Dew Point 55 F 13 C
Humidity 86%
Pressure 30.11 in 1019.6 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks Lightning detector not working.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 64.9F / 18.3C

Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming north after midnight.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2008 11:09 PM
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 31, 2008
6:33 AM

Post #5946647

Some temps from around the state tonight:
Fort Yukon -52F
Eagle -49F
Northway -49F
Arctic Village -47F
Fairbanks Eiels -45F
MarylynT_X ~ hope your parents have a safe trip home.
Monty's very cute:))

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5946829

Morning! Happy New Year! At the moment it's 48 & super windy! It's also Dyson Dark! :D Snow predicted for the higher elevations...Snowshoe.
Fair: 48F
Feels like: 40F
Barometer: 29.6 in
Dewpoint: 32
Humidity: 53%
Wind: 38 mph W
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM
STRONG WINDS EXPECTED TODAY INTO EARLY EVENING... .LOW PRESSURE WILL STRENGTHEN AND MOVE OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST THIS AFTERNOON. COLD ARCTIC AIR SURGES IN THIS MORNING AND A STRONG PRESSURE GRADIENT BETWEEN THE DEPARTING LOW... AND ARCTIC HIGH OVER THE MIDWEST WILL BRING WIND GUSTS OVER 40 TO 50 MPH IN MOST LOCATIONS.

Kiska, Love that trick! I don't think it will ever get cold enough here to try it. although, one day a few weeks ago I think I could have tried it (when it was -10 w/the wind chill.)
Celia, A lovely woman indeed! I hope that Darrell is doing ok. Great pics of Sir Monty! :D
Kelli, Great shots of the seals! They almost look comical, but when the ladies get there...the fun is over! :D
Ric, your room is really looking good...I may have a project over here for ya! ;)
Sharon, Glad that Prissy is a good mom ;) I think you will have to enter the last pic in next years photo contest! They are so Sweet! How was Gary's trip to Pa.? btw, Gorgeous Painted Lady!
Marylyn, Hope that your mom & dad have a safe trip home.
Adina, you are a generous hostess! ;)
Marsue? Can we call you Mau too? What a lovely family photo!
Dyson, Somethings you just can't get done in the Dark! ;D and they will always wait until a later time!

The dark is leaving...intermittent light is appearing...

Have a Happy!!!...
Joey
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #5946877

Celia That Monty is a hoot!
Marylyn Glad you had a nice visit with your parents. I hope they have a safe trip home :)
Kiska Now THATs cold LOL!
Joey Thanks! Gary had a great time in PA. Hell be talking about it for 6 months LOL!

48.7 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 47 F
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 39 F
Wind: 4.3 mphfrom the WSW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Steady)

Today
Mostly sunny. Breezy. High 68. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Aunt Mary and the Pea

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 31, 2008
1:38 PM

Post #5946977

Only -4 this morning. Sunny, NO WIND!
Ouch! That is cold kiska. Bad part for us, what you have today will be here in 2 or 3 days!
Of course not that cold.
The coldest I have experienced was -45 years ago. You can't even breathe in it.

Designing a whole wall entertainment center today. Man gave me a couple of his ideas. Now I will attempt to put it all together. I would like it to come out as a piece of art.
Custom Woodworking Business magazine came in the mail yesterday. I was scanning through it this morning & there is one in there. So something to start with.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 31, 2008
2:05 PM

Post #5947070

Hello, all! I'm at work and the computer is acting up and I keep getting kicked off (is this a hiint?). ;->

Anyway, I only got as far as...
Kiska: The vaporizing water never ceases to amaze me. You are surrounded by white!
Sharon: Slow at our office, too, but no going home early, sadly (state govt agcy).
Kelli: Love seeing the seals. Funny looking things, aren't they.

Going to stop while I'm still connected!
46 and sunny. Low tonight 25.

BBL, I hope!
Deb

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 31, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #5947091

Hi, everyone! Have been busy working these days and getting the meals done for tonight. We are celebrating New Year's Eve here, in Romania with a festive dinner and party. Also, I have been writing another article about these meals...if you want to read it, here's the link :
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2060/
Kiska, those pics are so beautiful! Love so much snow! The water vapors are amasing!
Sharon, your doggies are too cute! Wonderful color of your hibiscus.
Kelli, what wonderful pictures, love those seals !
Celia, your MIL was a very beautiful woman and what an honor she had... God rest her soul. Monty is so cute, love the second pic!You are too funny!LOL
Ric, so that is going to be Robyn's study/workroom, great!
Joey, missing our little JW...need some pics!
Marylyn, thank you for saving my article, your picture was great! I hope your parents have a safe trip back home.
Deb, join us here if you get bored!
Here's one of my poinsettias in pots, blooming.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #5947262

Updated: 58 min 22 sec ago
21 F
Clear
Windchill: 13 F
Dew Point: 16 F
Wind: 6 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.54 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

Final, my CC (Christmas cactus) just open up yesterday... Beautiful color orange (pink in middle)...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
6:12 PM

Post #5948033

Not much to add. It's sunny and pretty out.

25F with 38 for th high.
Feels like: 25F

Dewpoint: 21
Sunset: 5:10 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5949072

Everyone - Have a safe and fun evening. We'll be in after dinner as Jeff has to be at work tomorrow at 5am (bummer for him LOL!).

Bernie Good luck on the entertainment center! Let us know how it turns out.
Deb Sorry you had to work todaybummer. A friend of mine works for the emergency preparedness office and had to work today too. I had to laugh because shes usually the one that has time off.
Adina I enjoyed the article! Have a wonderful evening with your friends!

63.9 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 29 F
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 1000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 38. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Boo playing on the roof

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:41 PM

Post #5949091

You have a cat burglar!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008

Post #5949211

28.4 outside. Dyson dim with some nice colors in the sky. Winds are calm for now.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2009
12:14 AM

Post #5949423

Updated: 17 min 41 sec ago
30 F
Clear
Windchill: 25 F
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 12 F
Wind: 5 mph from the ENE
Pressure: 30.36 in (Falling)
(Above Ground

Tonight: wind chilly -14* I gonna stay inside and warm...
kiska

(Zone 3b)

January 1, 2009
12:39 AM

Post #5949540

Holding steady at Minus 30F in the neighborhood. ~
clear, sunny and beautiful, especially as seen from indoors:))
We took a short drive; gorgeous.
(Minus 20 at my home; 1 mile away at my daughter's, it's Minus 31 F.)Have a very Happy New Year~
Palmer ~ cold and clear.

Thumbnail by kiska

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
1:27 AM

Post #5949771

Happy New Year, everyone!!! I've enjoyed spending 2008 with you - well, with your posts. :-) And I'm looking forward to 2009!

We're having a very low key dinner of steak quesadillas and rice tonight. Right now I'm enjoying listening to football games on the radio (we don't have cable, so I can't watch them on tv... Tomorrow several games will be on the regular network stations, though. YAYYY!) I hope Minnesota can get their act together before Kansas gets any farther ahead, Bernie!!!

The bunnies are playing in their bedroom, and Charles is taking a quick nap until dinner is ready. Mom and Dad are in Ohio, and should be home in a bit over an hour. I told them to wave at you, Ric, on their way around Cincy. :-)

Joy, the big bunny, had a weird rash today... I think it was hives, and all I can think of is that she must be allergic to the laundry detergent we are using. It's just Tide, and we've used it before... I don't know why she would suddenly be breaking out from it. But the rash was just under her pants, which had just been washed. She did have another rash on her arms yesterday, but it looked more like spider bites. I dosed her with Claritin and put her in a light dress (that hadn't been washed since we bought this jug of detergent) so it wouldn't rub, and she is looking a lot better. So weird... Maybe Tide changed their formula? I expect that I will be spending tomorrow re-washing a lot of clothes!

I feel slightly guilty posting our temps right after Kiska's. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53pm CST (26 min ago)
Temperature 57 F 14 C
Dew Point 37 F 3 C
Humidity 48%
Pressure 30.24 in 1023.9 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NNE 20
Ceiling 8500 ft 2591 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
- - - Temp | 24 Max | 24 Min | Dew Point | Pressure | Feels Like
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 59.0F / 15.0C

Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2009
1:36 AM

Post #5949819

It is easy to become allergic to Tide and can happen at any time. I didn't get allergic til I was almost 10. I've tried using it a few times since then but I'm still allergic. It's a pretty common allergy.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2009
2:00 AM

Post #5949911

It started w/ me about 5 years ago.
Now I react w/ about all the commercial fragrant laundry soaps.
Switch to a free and clear style in any brand... BTW it might be a Softener allergy too...
go free and clear on that too.

Marylyn at least the winds have died down for their trip.
Great Happy Shot!
But they are coming home to a Cold Evening! (for here)
27 (Wind Chill 19) going down to about 20...

Sharon our cats live on the roof most of the year.
They love it up there!

Kiska THAT's cold!
Didn't realize how cold till we saw Migrating Moose in our backyard!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:27 AM

Post #5950232

Ric, I see you had a Berry Moosemas.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
3:44 AM

Post #5950283

ROFLOL, Ric!! That's a great moose. :-)

We don't have any softener, so it's probably the Tide. I had no idea so many people were allergic to it! We have some homemade laundry soap (this stuff: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/540316/), but Mom didn't realize what it was and bought some Tide while Charles and I were out, and did a bunch of laundry for me - which was very sweet of her. :-) I'll rewash all of Joy's stuff and save the Tide for Charles' work clothes, etc.

I hope you're all having a great evening!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2009
4:05 AM

Post #5950336

Celia! LOL!!! Berry Moosmas! LOL
Ric, I really like your moose! What a (rack! lol) set of antlers! ;)
Marylyn, hope Joy gets better...nothing like being itchy. :(

The wind is slowing down...
Fair: 25F
Feels like: 17F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 12
Humidity: 52%
Wind: 7 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM

Well, I guess I'll go watch the ball drop...which means I'll be asleep before that happens! :D

Have a Happy! New Year!
Joey

(Christmas morning)(Now This is what you call 'bed-head'!) LOL

Thumbnail by music2keep

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2009
5:00 AM

Post #5950512

Happy New Years!
Follow me here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/938420/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America