-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 19, 2008
8:36 PM

Post #5909108

Hello and Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe', come in take a seat and join the festive fun!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2008
10:37 PM

Post #5909481

LOL, great minds think purple LOL! Posted before I saw this one of yours, so since I am gonna be gone, lets use this link. I will paste it for all!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 19, 2008
10:52 PM

Post #5909510

Thank you Candee. Oooweee, love that tree! Now that's my kinda decor.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5909606

How beautiful!!!!!!!!

Thanks for th enew thread! : )

I sure hope they allow us to take pictures. I gona bring my camera and a whole package of extra batteries. May never get to see any thing liek it again.

I forgot to get batteries today. Had two littl scabiosa blooms and I picked them to bring for the cafe and no batteries. grrrrrrrrr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5909715

grrrrrrrrrrr wil get better Dianne, almost the holiday, so take some time to chillax and enjoy. Don't worry so much.
I love the purple too plantgeek , enjoy your day and days ahead and will see yo a bit Sat and then whip and me are headed to the tropics!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #5909766

Hi everyone!
grrrrr Star! I think Candee got you mixxed up with Dianne LOL!!
Just love those blonde moments, what are we going to do without you over Christmas Candee?
Glad you like the purple tree Plantgeek, Thanks for the vitamins! we need Sue's purple Boa here too!
Do we have any Snow Sundaes left?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
1:17 AM

Post #5910027

Can you believe it? One week from now Christmas will be over and a new year will begin one day short of two weeks from now? What a remarkable thing time is. It is rushing us into 2009 faster than lightning can strike!

Purple seems to be the best color for the season to me. Isn't it supposed to be the color of royalty? Very fitting for celebrating the birth of a King.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
1:43 AM

Post #5910123

Hi Zany, your throne awaits you! Have a seat and get your jingle boots on lol!
How is Bob? Hope he's getting a liitle better every day.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
2:15 AM

Post #5910237

On the menu today ...

Snow boat with raspberry filin' enjoy!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
2:21 AM

Post #5910262

small portions available !

Snapdragons wrapped in Aspidistra leaves and Carnations.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
2:53 AM

Post #5910362

Ah! I finally get the throne instead of the naughty chair! LOL Well, her magesty is pleased and will be pleased to partake of a Snow Boat... no need to curtsey... I wouldn't want yo risk you dropping the boat!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
4:00 AM

Post #5910601

Welcome Mam, Thank you for partaking in our humble cafe'.!
We also have Snow Glory on the menu to tempt you today ..

Quick everyone . tidy up in the back, The Queen is here .
Take that ring out of your nose Plantgeek!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
4:05 AM

Post #5910613

Our Snowballs are only 1.00 during Happy Hour!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
5:41 AM

Post #5910846

tsk tsk tsk, I fear my royal bulges will crumble the throne beneath me if I partake further in your magnificently delectable offerings...but who could possibly resist them?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2008
8:45 AM

Post #5911034

Now I am envious of you and your royal throne, Zany. I'll just have to sit on my ordinary chair and eat up all the snow balls LoL. Thanks for all the treats, Terri.

By the way, where is it that Candee is heading off to? I hope it is someplace nice and warm. Have a wonderful vacation Candee!!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
8:58 AM

Post #5911037

The saying is "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" But I fear they were being polite because it is a much lower portion of me that is heavy from all the cafe goodies.

Soilsandup, I fear I have gotten so heavy that I crushed the throne and will need to rejoin the common folks in the more sensible common chairs. May I be so presumptuous as to join you?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 20, 2008
3:05 PM

Post #5911458

Fear not Highness, I have cleared a table and brought your royal jingle boots so that you may commence The Excersicing of The Excess. A one anna two anna three... shake that heine, firm and finey, buns of steel if you stop whining...
Come on now, there are too many goodies to sample and we will not be able to crawl to the table if our phyiques are overly ample. Lookie here, I took out my nose ring and and looped it thru a hook in the door jamb so we can do pull ups. Of course, I cleaned it first.

Terri, I think I'll have a snowball. I'm happy, so I reckon that makes it happy hour. hehehe
Lovely treats BTW. Snapdragons are one of my favorite garden plants. I usually put some around the roses to fill in space.
Ok, since we are on a bit of a healthy kick and a purple phase as well, I made juice- beets, purple carrots, acai berries, pomegranete and a little ginger to give it zip.

Star, good luck with pics and I hope you have a wonderful experience.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5911963

Season's Greetings Everyone!

Dianne, Candee is going to PV? but I can't remember what that stands for lol!
Glad you enjoyed the treats! Btw There's no ordinary, sensible common chairs at the cafe!!

Zany, come and chillax with us your highness!

Plantgeek, Thanks for the delicious juice, just what I needed with all the zipping about I'm doing.
Thanks for the work out ...one anna two anna three ... Great!!

Coffee anyone?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 20, 2008
5:05 PM

Post #5911969

or tea?

Help yourselves, gotta go shopping again!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #5911974

Thank you mi Lady. Your efforts on my behalf are to be commended. The healthy fare you have provided do us honor and the removal of the nose ring for our excercise shows you to be a true friend of the court
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
5:12 PM

Post #5911999

Terri, a cup of coffee would be most appreciated this morning to remove the cobwebs from my head and warm the chill from my royal bones. Might you also be able to tell me what these lovely acai berries are? I fear I have never had the good fortune hitherto of encountering them.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 20, 2008
6:10 PM

Post #5912164

hi all
i sure will need that tea
it going to be cold here
and i got to go to work in it
need to come home earily to help ship rabbit tonight
brr brr
we are hoping to keep all the little one warm
down to 13
tonight and 7 tommor
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2008
7:49 PM

Post #5912527

Oh Elle, I can't imagine being that cold. Bundle up and keep the heat on. We don't want you frozen until the spring thaw! I found a local little homestead farm that sells rabbit all cleaned and dressed. $6.50 a pound. It seems a bit pricey but I am going to pick up a couple of fryers for our Christmas dinner since neither of us has had any in many years but reading about yours has my mouth watering for them.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 20, 2008
8:12 PM

Post #5912577

Mmmmm...I'm on my way. lol And I'll bring a jug of acai berry juice. It is quite yummy.
To answere your question about it, this fruit comes from Central America, grows on a type of palm tree and is usually mixed with other friut juices such as blueberry of pomegranete.
Unfortunately, it has fallen under the spell of being a new fad that some claim will do all sorts or bull&#!%, weightloss, cure cancer, ect. It does have some health benefits and tastes really good, so check it out at any health food store.

Oooo Terri, I'd love a cuppa. Thank you. Just the thing in the afternoon slump. It's one of those grey days when all you want to do is snug into a warm place with a book and a kitty, lots of candles, chocolate to nibble, DW to nibble later. hehehe

Elle, stay warm. It doesn't take long to get too frosty in those temps. But I guess you know that.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 21, 2008
12:20 AM

Post #5913193

Hi elle, glad you popped in. I have your Christmas present here quacking away!
Hope the weather isn't too bad and you manage to get home tonight.

Have a cosy night in or a wild night out all!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 21, 2008
12:29 AM

Post #5913226

Merry christmas Elle and Dave!

Fresh pears for the healthy option on the menu tonight!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 21, 2008
2:39 PM

Post #5914682

Yum! Thanks Terri. Are those cinammon sticks? Beautiful arrangement and I love the top piece.

Not much going on today, cold as a popcicle, quiet outside like Sunday mornings are, yay. In spring, the windows are open and we can hear squirrels fussing at everyone at the seed tray on the porch, hear wrens and cardinals declairing rutt, woodpeckers tapping out their hunger into trees. My sweetie and I will sit and listen for quite some time. It is a wonderful thing to share stillness and the talk of wild things.
I like the convenience of city living, but find it interesting that in doing so, the drive to be among green things becomes unbearable. I think this says a lot about us, that we should remember that we are made of dirt and stone and water, indulge ourselves in a creekwalk once in awhile. OK, I've gone on enough here. lol Cabin fever.

Going to see my Dad today. his b-day is very soon, so while I have a chance, I'll give him his goodie bag full of books and sweets. Luckily, he's easy to buy for, I pick out things I like. Two peas in a pod.

Have a good one y'all
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 22, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #5916675

Yoohoo, oh Woman of Weeds... I just came across a plant from your neck of the woods, ptilotus exaltatus "joey", and am wondering if you have any experience with it. It's a new one here, very pretty and interesting. Seems hardy enough for drought conditions , but I have no clue how it would do here in the hot and humid South. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Y'all might want to check this one out too. It looks like it would be cool in arrangements. Park Seed has seeds and I did see 2 UK sites that carried it as well.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 22, 2008
12:59 PM

Post #5917985

Hi Plantgeek, sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day! The only wild things we see are squirrels,birds and foxes sometimes! I have a tiny garden in London, also an allotment to grow veggies and flowers. I'm so lucky to have some soil to play in, there's nothing quite like getting dirt from the garden under your fingernails!!
Wish your Dad a Happy Birthday from all your mates at the cafe in cyber space lol
Thanks, glad you like the cinnamon sticks. They are 1 metre long, never seen them so huge!
I thought we could keep them at the cafe, they might come in handy for switches if anyone gets out of order. lol

Have a good day everyone!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 23, 2008
1:05 PM

Post #5921268

Thanks for the B-day wishes to my Dad. He had a good day, books, chocolates, two football games to watch...

Hey, if I didn't dig around in the dirt and have some under my nails to show for it, something would be terribly wrong. lol Playing in dirt has such a calming effect, but I don't have to tell y'all that.

Oooo, cinnamon sticks whoopin's... me first, me first. lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 23, 2008
2:07 PM

Post #5921395

LoL! but you have been so good Plantgeek!!!
Are you all organised for Christmas yet? Done all the presents? food shopping?Cleaned house?
Decorations? ...

gotta run! Snow Tuti Fruti for the cafe' . Have a good day everyone!

This message was edited Dec 23, 2008 2:14 PM

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 23, 2008
5:24 PM

Post #5922041

Yummers once again Terri. Thanks buckets.

We are as ready as we are going to be, swept up a few hairballs, stocked up groceries, movies, time-off and we are now ready to hunker down away from all the frantic madness.
I've got my sweetie, my books, my critters and plants, paper to scibble on and a too-often wicked imagination, so I don't really need anything else. Except maybe chocolate...and tea...and warm booties.. and... lol

And Terri, how do you know that I haven't been bad. hehehe It just hasn't made the papers yet.

Here are some praline covered pecans. Warning: these are highly addictive.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 24, 2008
12:33 AM

Post #5923273

Hi Plantgeek! It all sounds pretty chillaxed at your place. G' d onya mate!!
Got any more of those pecans? I seem to have gobbled the lot. lol! Thanks.

Hi everyone, busy busy I know, but try to call in for a drinkie on Christmas eve!
We still have some tables in here that need decorating . hint hint Lol.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 24, 2008
2:02 AM

Post #5923500

Chillin' is strictly enforced here. lol
I knew how quickly the pecans would go, so I brought a whole case. Indulge away. And as a bonus, here is a fresh batch of hazlenut truffles and some big ol' bourbon balls. Goodness gracious!

Spider wove a huge doily for a table and I spray painted it purple to keep with our color theme. That was so sweet of her. I'll have to put a nice politician in her stocking.

I have a rabbit story that Elle will especially find interesting. My brother went to a local rabbitry to get dinner, When the owner, whom he knew, brought out a huge albino bunny, he placed it in my brother's arms and it nuzzled into his neck, then peeped up at him with its pink little eyes. Well, my bro didn't have the heart to do anything to it except find it a home. Incidently, the bunny had numbers tattooed inside an ear- obviously someones pet.
Can you say set up boys and girls? I knew that you could.

Hope everyone is well and warm and full of chocolate.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2008
4:15 AM

Post #5923886

PG - truffles are my absolute favorite chocolates. I will try to leave some for the rest of the group. That is a heart warming rabbit story. My daughter took the three feral kittens (now very much lap kitttens) to be neutered today and found that one of them that she thought was a boy is actually a girl...and is now, considering adopting that one. I tell you, the longer we keep them, the harder it is to let them go.

Terri - I think PV may stand for Puerto Vallarta - in which case Candee should be nice and warm down there. Christmas eve dinner is at my house - I got some garlands on the stairway. Made my Christmas tree - but still have to decorate it. But, I figure I have until 4 PM tomorrow. The tree is about 4 ft tall, a little big for the cafe tables, but it could be placed by the door.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2008
1:32 PM

Post #5926867

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishign you all beautiful gardens and lot sof love and joy into yoru lives!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 25, 2008
1:52 PM

Post #5926912

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Have a wonderful day!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 25, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #5927055

Happy Holly Day y'all! Have fun, eat well, be well.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 25, 2008
3:30 PM

Post #5927116

hi all
merry xmas to all
elle and dave
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 25, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #5927371

The mountains around us have a fresh dusting of snow and the sun is shining for the first time in a week or more. I woke to the sound of the neighbors little one laughing merrily as he discovered how to peddle his shiny new tricycle and was peddling after his big sister with all his might. Stepping out onto the front porch I could see two little boys running along with a new soccer ball traveling back and forth between them and their father. The excited yips of a new puppy chasing after them and nipping at the ball created more laughter.

I breathed it all in and thought of my own children when they were young and of my grandchildren, far off in other areas when the phone rang. I answered it to discover that my kids had gotten together on a conference call so they could sing Merry Christmas to me all together from 2 different states... They were all off key, but it was just what I needed to make the morning right.

To any others out there that may be alone this holiday, take the time to enjoy the day in whatever manner that presents itself, you can feel the peace and joy around you if you are open to it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2008
2:25 AM

Post #5934633

Oh it warms my heart to be home and hear your wonderful holiday stories. Zany I saw so many families there with their children spending the day together and talking abou going on the canopy tour or fishing or just fun playin at the pool. Santa came to the pool on Christmas day and had candies for all the children. Steve and I were treated with towels made into swans full of rose petals for our annive on 12/24 in the room and some choc coverer strawberries, will post those later. But we are home safe and sound, stopped to see Ruth my MIL on our way from the airport this morn for a few hours and now just trying to catch up.
We were able to talk a few minutes to our children and grandbabies on Christmas morn. Too bad that Tim and Amy and Eva were stranded at home in Cleveland due to illness and could not go to Christmas at Amy's family in Florida as planned, but sure they will be able to visit them soon
Elle looks like you got quite a wonderful holiday your way well as everyone else.
I did get a note from karmaplace and she is doing okay and is thinking of everyone although it is a hard time for her.
So glad to be home and will tell you about all the table dancin plantgeek and terri soon as I rest up from all of it!
Meantime, spent a lotta time with parrots and iguana so be wary!

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 28, 2008
7:54 AM

Post #5935209

Candee, it sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon trip. Swan towels, rose petals and chocholate strawberries... romance at it's best!

I am glad to hear that karmaplace is ok. I hope things get easier for her.

My brother came over and spent the evening with us working out the details of what he has arranged with my Mom for after he leaves next month and I reassured him that we will be here to help her with the everyday things like shopping and such just like we did before he came to help with my Dad. Bless his heart he is like a kid looking forward to retiring and becoming an expatriot in the Phillipines and like an old lady worrying about leaving us. LOL I just want him to go and enjoy himself. He did his share and has more than earned it.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 28, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #5935770

hi we about to make it though the holday
i work today but the next 4 day are me
i get abot 3 to 5 edd a day
them chichern are greate
suppoes to be warmer
this week
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 28, 2008
4:27 PM

Post #5935912

Greetings! Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas holidays and having a nice break.

Welcome back Candee, lovely to see you and Steve looking happy and relaxed like you had a good time. Father Christmas by the pool sounds great! Love what you did to the picture, very arty.
So happy you are back safe and sound!
Zany, How is Bob? has the swelling gone down on his toe yet? Glad your brother has decided to go back, good luck to him. My brother is looking for another job in the Bahamas, he loved it and wants to go back!! If he does, this time I will save up and go there on holiday for sure!!
You'll all have to come and meet up with me in Nassau!!
Dianne, hope the Christmas eve dinner went well, would love to see your tree and garlands when you get time!
elle, 3-5 eggs everyday is great!

I've eaten so much in the last couple of days, sure I've put on half a stone LOL
It's been really cold, but we haven't seen any snow this Christmas yet. Keep warm everyone!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2008
6:44 PM

Post #5936284

Zany your brother must be so excited and timid at the same time. I am sure you can assure him that all will be fine. He shall go knowing that family is well taken care of and he should relax and enjoy himself! Hope you had a great Christmas and that Bob is doing better every day with your loving care.
Terri, I got an upgrade to PSP and it includes this fab painting techniques. As for Nassau, that is one place Steve and I plan to go and would love to know if you plan to go, you just never know about us LOL!
elle, it is about time you got some time off from work. Now don't spend all your time working make sure you have some time to just sit back and put your feet up.
It was actually 60 degrees here when we got home yesterday and again today. So believe it or not I started up the riding mower and cleaned up leaves and then cut back a few more things in the garden. Wish it would last, but least happy for a few more days of warmth!
Dianne, are you now busy planning for the New Year festivities at your home as well?

Plantgeek, hope you close by and getting ready for the new year. I may not make the party as Tasha and Abygail are coming for the weekend? I will try to pop in least for a drink or 2 and a table dance with somebody - Dianne do you do any table dancin??? Steve can still dj for us but he has been falling asleep a bit early these days so perhaps Steven can come over and take over for him if need be.

Terri, I finally go around to putting a few things in the vase that Tasha and Mike got for me. Some holly, pieris and Harry Lauder.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5936293

Here is the pieris a bit closer

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 28, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5936308

i made deil egg to take to work
every sunday we all bring something to eat
we will have finger food today
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 28, 2008
7:28 PM

Post #5936413

It is a lazy rainy day here today and I have vowed to remain in my house coat with my feet up. LOL... as soon as the breakfast dishes are clean, the floors mopped and the laundry done...

Bob's foot is healing nicely and the swelling has remained under control. He has to return to San Francisco Monday/tuesday for them to add another layer of skin to the bottom and have the stitches out of the top. I am gonna miss the stitches. They give him a cute little Frankenstien look. If everything continues to improve he should be back on his feet and out of that wheel chair in about 2 months or less. By then we should have a time frame for his return to work.

Candee, what version of PSP are you using? Tim has promised to get me the latest and greatest in a couple of months and I am pretty jazzed about that.

elle, simple finger food sounds perfect to me. enjoy your time off work!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 28, 2008
8:14 PM

Post #5936544

Ohhh Nice fresh arrangement Candee, Thanks for making it!! The peiris flower stems go really well with the beautiful carved or inlayed? vase. Great present from Tasha and Mike, lucky you!
I like the painting technique with the photo's I'm sure you will have fun with that!
If Allan gets another job over there, dont worry I'll be letting you know LOL!
Hope you will be able to come to our new years party... it was your idea darling!
Woodsy will be flat out taking coats and greeting everyone, does she even do coats???LOL

Pleased to hear you are chillaxing around the house today Zany, you deserve it!
So glad Bob is getting better now without any problems.

What kind of egg is that elle? I dont know what you mean LOL! enjoy anyways!
Plantgeek, are you still eating chocolates?!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2008
9:51 PM

Post #5936864

I think elle is making deviled eggs and they are really good finger food.
I will be at my party just not likely as long as I thought now that we are having Abygail with us. I will try to coax Woodsy to do the coats for us LOL! She is a sport, but let me tell you she got nothing for the holiday and is not to charmed by me at the moment. Perhaps you can smooth talk her Terri.
So glad to hear you talk about Bob's return to work, then he is truly on the mend. Hope his work is not too tiring as you don't want a relapse for overdoing.
Plantgeek still eating chocolates??? Surely you haven't fallen and can't get up?.
Sue are you in the outback without any facilities or electric???
Steven, better get in here soon.
Hope everyone is just busy busy with the holidays but still around the cafe somewhere.
Hey Terri, that is the vase that Tasha and Mike brought me from Puerto Rico a couple months back, finally got around to putting somethin in it.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2008
10:30 PM

Post #5936995

Zany, I plum forgot - another blonde moment - I had been using PSP IX and it is a very powerful photo editing program. I just upgraded to the PSP Photo X2 Ultimate and it is outta this world and not that expensive as that dreamworks which is off the charts. I think if you are just getting the program it is about $79 and if an upgrade about 59. But let me tell you just google it and you will be amazed and they do have a free trial.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 28, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5937016

Oh deviled eggs!! is that with curry in the centre?
I was thinking maybe Woodsy might need a bit of help, I have someone in mind who might show up on the night!
I was wondering about your vase from Puerto Rico, you did mention it, but this is the first time we are seeing it right? It looks beautifully hand crafted?
My girls gave me vases/containers. The one from Katie is a birdcage with tea and biscuits inside for our cafe she said Lol! The vase from Annie is a magic vase, it is flat until you fill up with water.
When my camera is charged I'll show you.
Have a good evening all!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2008
12:03 AM

Post #5937308

And I am really looking forward to the magic vase, sounds very exotic. And a birdcage wit tea and biscuits, those gals are really ingenious, wonder where they get it from LOL!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #5937333

Here is a friend I brought in the cafe, hope nobody minds a few reptiles running round. This is lee-anna the iquana, please make here feel at home!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 29, 2008
12:20 AM

Post #5937393

Yikes!!!! Plantgeek get here quick, you are good with reptiles. lol I wonder if Sue will let them stay at Brom Palace, it's lovely and warm in there.
I prefer the good looking brave lady with the cute smile!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #5937497

Here is hewanna the iguana a friend of Steve's. Now is that a great hat or what?

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 29, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5937596

A Fabulous hat, the best I've seen ever! It looks heavy on Steve's head, lol . Great photo Candee!
I love the beach, it looks so inviting especially at this time of year. Thanks for these holiday pictures, looks like you had a great time.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 29, 2008
1:12 AM

Post #5937627

Hewanna would make a great wood carving sculpture or painting!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5937804

It was a great time and so much to see and do! Glad you like the new hats and wrap, we actually had a phot with a seal, but not very good shot so got rid of it, but saw and handled a lot of critters while there!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 29, 2008
3:09 AM

Post #5938113

Leeann and Hewanna are quite the handsome couple. I am sure they will be able to find a cozy spot in the cafe.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
4:30 AM

Post #5938385

Nice to see so much activity at the cafe!!!

So, Candee, is PV Puerto Vallarta that you just got back from? Looks like you and Steve had a great time. Lovely vase and arrangement. Have not heard of pieris flowers before - it does make a nice addition to arrangements.

Terri - some deviled eggs may have curry, but typically you cut the hard-boiled eggs in half, take the yolks out, mash it up with mayonnaise, and other spices as you like, and then fill the hole back up with that fluffy mixture. Looking forward to seeing your new vases.

Elle - I did not expect the chickens to be giving any eggs in this cold weather. How wonderful that you have enough to feed a group with your deviled eggs.

Zany - what a great Christmas morning picture that you painted. A positive attitude makes all the difference in the world. Glad that Bob is recovering so well. Did you get your rabbit for Christmas dinner?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
5:00 AM

Post #5938475

Terri - It is past Christmas and everyone is putting their stuff away, but since you asked about my tree...here are some photos. We used to buy live trees when the kids were little, but as they got older, and we start decorating for Christmas later and later, we decided to stop buying trees one year. Since I did not want to have to store an artificial tree, and I did want a tree of some kind to put presents under, I decided to make my own. Take one tomato cage, turned upside down and use a washer to "tie" the legs

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
5:01 AM

Post #5938478

Start filling in the tree with garland

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
5:02 AM

Post #5938479

continue until the tree is filled out

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
5:05 AM

Post #5938485

and decorate as normal. The tree is not your perfectly shaped tree, but it does give me a chance to "recycle" my tomato cage into something else useful.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2008
5:10 AM

Post #5938493

and the kittens love to play in it!!!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 29, 2008
8:42 AM

Post #5938690

soils, I like the tomato cage tree. We didn't get the rabbit :~{ but they did promise to have a couple for me in January.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 29, 2008
5:58 PM

Post #5940047

Hi everyone!

Dianne, Love your tree, what a really good idea! you are full of surprises, it's great, Thank you!
We are keeping the cafe' decorations up until we move to our new cafe in the New Year. hohoho!

A vase of Holly and Ivy for the cafe...

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 29, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5940616

yep
the deviled egg went well
i love the xmas tree
glady bob doing well
i am helping dave get everything back to
were they suppose to be
i love the idea my chichern are lying
please forgive my spelling
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2008
10:27 PM

Post #5940949

Dianne what a unique idea for a tree. Now we have lots of tomato cages and lots of pine, so why didn't I think of that LOL! Because I can't think that is why. I was actually going on about the New Year and Tasha coming and then today went to the bank and realized that New Years eve is Wednesday, not Thursday. I was all prepared to celebrate here on thursday evening and then thought I must bow out cause of Tasha and Aby coming and now realize Steve and I are home alone!!! Well least until we come to the cafe with all of you.
elle, really don't give a second thought to your spelling, we can read every word. I too am surprised tha the hens are laying this cold time of year, why is that do you think?
Terri, you always have a new one for me, so your ivy is looking good.
I am still off work through the new year and perhaps amidst shampooing carpets tomorrow I can get outside and get some more decor for the holiday. It was sunny and 50 today, not sure what is in store.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
12:59 AM

Post #5941491

Elle, I wasn't saying anything about your spelling, I just wondered what kind of eggs you were making ok. lol.
Candee, glad you got your days sorted out! Will you be making some cocktails with the best crystal glasses for us?
What were the flowers and plants like on holiday? Exotic tropicals? palm trees?.
It was -2 here today with a bitterly cold wind, I thought it best to stay indoors!
Annies Birthday on Wednesday, my first born will be19, where do all the years go? LOL!

Plantgeek's still scoffin' chocolates! and Sue's gone walk about!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2008
1:13 AM

Post #5941552

Oh Terri, I feel for you 19 already, Tasha is our youngest at 33 in January, Tim will be 34 on 1/4/09 and Jen and Ben are just 35 and 32. Enjoy now and enjoy later as well.!

Blue agave to use to make the tequila! Exotic plants??? Well, there were pansies LOL! Pitcher plant in the room in bloom with the pitchers and this one, not sure what it is?
There was a lot of lantana and bouganvillia as well.

I am not sure if I have anything for cocktails may have to give the supermarket a few $ just to do something special! We shall see.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2008 8:13 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
1:39 AM

Post #5941666

Gosh candee, you were busy, 32,33,34,&35 LoL!! I guess it was pretty hectic with all those children.
That garden reminds me of Sue's! it's beautiful, I'm feeling the heat on those stones.
Dont you go worrin' about making a special trip to the supermarket for the cocktails, they could always be REAL lol!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2008
1:44 AM

Post #5941701

Wow Candee - you were one busy mom...Mines are now 21, 23 and 25. I thought I was busy, but you probably think three is a piece of cake LoL. And Candee - you have thought up a bunch of great things from what I can see in the short time that I have joined this forum...

If I understand correctly, Terri, Annie's birthday is on Wednesday, so she was born New Year's eve? What a great way to ring in the new year. Could you have held off and made her a New Year's baby??? though I imagine that was the last thing on your mind at that moment.LoL Is that -2 degrees in Celsius? Anything below 40 degrees F is cold to me, but with a bitterly cold wind, yes, staying indoors is the thing to do. Stay warm!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
2:13 AM

Post #5941844

Candee, you probably think 2 is a biscuit LoL!

Hi Dianne, Yes, I remember it well!!!! It was New year's eve morning about 7.30am when we phoned the Ambulance, guess what? there was an ambulance strike LOL! turns out they were still working for maternity, thank goodness.
Annie was born at 10.20am, so it was quite quick really! In those days you had to stay in hospital for 10 days . Dads were allowed to stay until 10pm. The hospital St Thomas' is opposite Big Ben, I remember the chimes at midnight and counting the New Year in with Annie!
By the time I had my second daughter 5 years later, they sent you home after 6 hours!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
2:21 AM

Post #5941874

oh -2 celsius 28 degrees F pretty chilly! Will have to brave it tomorrow shopping for a Birthday cake!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 30, 2008
2:23 PM

Post #5943228

Slurp, slurp, mmmph...I am not gorging on chocolates. Not since five seconds ago. hehehe

Candee! Welcome back. Wow, what a great trip you had, warm sunny skies, beautiful flora, great food and fun and someone special to share it all with.
Thanks for the great pics. Our own virtual vacation. And what's this scuttling around the cafe? Ooowee, an iguana! Come here baby, I've got a nice bit of kale. How beautiful you are! Thanks for bringing this back with you Candee. I guess we have a mascott now. Does it have a name?

Cake, who said cake? Happy birthday to Annie. May 19 be a great send off from the teenage years into the next phase. Cheers.

It seems that I'm the only one here with no kiddos- which suits me fine- I'm quite happy being an aunt. Load 'em up with gummy worms and glow-in-the-dark eyeballs and sit back to watch the fun. lol But, hats off to anyone that can raise a child successfully, let alone several.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
3:42 PM

Post #5943501

Hello Plantgeeeeeeeky! missed you, hope you had a lovely time with your Sweetie at Christmas!
Next time Katie has attitude, I'll be sending her over to Ant tee ( thats how we pronounce it Liverpool)
Plantgeek in America lol!
Change of plan... Annie would rather have Cheesecake! Wish you were here to whip up one of your special cheesecakes Candee!

Have a good day everyone, keep warm.
Have a Hot Chocolate today!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 30, 2008
4:34 PM

Post #5943644

hi all
it ok about my spelling
i just wanted every one to know what i am trying to say
it is ok to ? what i say
then i will said it differed
love this group
dave said we feed them well {the chickern }
happy brithday all
elle
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 30, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #5943665

p.s.
i have three kids
and they are still call kids by me lol
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 30, 2008
5:52 PM

Post #5943888

Terri, we had a wonderful time, thanks. It was quiet, lots of good food, much smooching
and we went out to see the new movie Doubt, which was excellent. Y'all gotta see this one.
28 degrees- brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr be sure to wear your Everwarm suit. Last Saturday, it was 72 here and has been unusually warm, but then it's going to get cooler once more. The weather here flops around like a fish, and it's no big thing to have 70 one day and snow the next. However, over the last few years, the fluctuations have been more dramatic and have occured more often. There seems to be a definite trend. Hmmm...could it possibly be due to global warming? (insert raised eyebrow and befuddled expresion here)

Just you send that naughty child over here. We have ways of dealing with attitide- forced feeding of George Duhbyas' greatest moments in thought. bwahahahaha Oh, sorry, the tape is blank. bwhahahaha
Love those flowers BTW.

Elle, your spelling is fine. It's my twisted use of grammar that should be questioned. Ain't nuthin better than bending rools for the sake of bending rools.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2008
7:36 PM

Post #5944275

Hey elle, so you have three kids all grown up, any grandbabies???
I can tell you that mine were so many years ago, that I remember when you could smoke in the hospitals right alongside the doctors, now that was a long time ago, and BTW I haven't smoked in years.
Plantgeek, sounds liek you have been in a great indian summer as well least for a few days. His name is hewanna, but you just call him as you see him. Long as you dangle something to eat in front of him he answers to anything, no I am not talking about Steve!!!
If I had a cheesecake Terri I would surely send it Katie's way! The at-tude goes with the terri-tory, didn't we all have one at that age?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
8:34 PM

Post #5944473

elle. good we understand each other now! Love you coming to the cafe and being a regular!!
So the secret for the eggs is to feed up the chickens well? LoL!

Hey Candee, speak for yourself! I was a good girl honest. (NOT) LOL!
I managed to buy a cheesecake, but it doesn't look as fancy as yours dear!

Plantgeek, I haven't heard of that film yet, will look out for it now, thanks for the tip!
Love my everwarm suit, everytime I'm feeling cold I just remind myself I've got it on and hey!! I feel warmer! Great invention.

Liek? is that one of those flower necklaces you get in Hawaii? LOL
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 30, 2008
8:49 PM

Post #5944528

hi all
i have 8 grand kids
the age go from 23 and down
and 4 great grend kids
thank terri
60 here today
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
8:54 PM

Post #5944544

Candee has the New Year's cafe ready, we need some help to decorate in there please!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2008
10:01 PM

Post #5944762

good for you elle, so you have a really busy familty, are they all near you or some far away. We had warm here at 50 today - was a welcome considering the day I had LOL!
Steve and I saw Mama Mia while on holiday that is another good one to see if interested plantgeek.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
11:24 PM

Post #5945041

That's a big family elle! hope they dont want all your eggs... lol!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 30, 2008
11:40 PM

Post #5945145

I heard it was a hoot. Thanks Candee. I'm always on the lookout for a good flick.
Our respite from winter will end tonight, down into the 30's with high winds. Better zip your zippers and butt up your buttons. Now where's my microwaveable booties.
Wow, I remember smoking in hospitals, which I did too ( and which I quit also, over 10 years ago). Isn't it peculiar how what is acceptable changes so drasticaly? We can be so black or white about things. Silly rabbits.

Attitude? Me, as a teenager? Hahahaha I still walk with a limp from the chip I carried on my shoulder. I think it is hard-wired into us when we get our hormones to make it easier for parents to toss out their kids into their own homes, easier for kids to want to get them. lol

So, for decorations, how 'bout we all wear strands of LIEKS. hehehe Multi-colored and sprinkled with sparklies. I collected buckets of whirly-gigs from the maple tree that we can let fly at the stroke of midnight.
I brought some music- The B-52's, Robert Plant and Allison Krauss, R. L. Burnside, Hound Dog Taylor, early Rolling Stones, Flock of Seagul... oops, how'd that get in there? It's not mine, really.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 30, 2008
11:45 PM

Post #5945170

LOL, yeah Elle, you better get more chickens.
Do you have an incubator or try to let any hatch out on their own? Chicks are sooo cute. They just peep their little selves all over the place.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
12:13 AM

Post #5945268

EArly stones, oh yeah!! Mic Jagger and the stones love it and Jimmi Hendrix.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5945333

Brown Sugar!!!!!!! you make me feel so goood.

I can't get NO da da da ... SATISFACTION... but I try ...
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #5945342

'Inagada da veda baby" you betcha. lol Well then, we may as well crank up The Zombies (remember Time of The Season?) and a whole lotta Led cause you need coolin', baby I'm not foolin". yeah
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
12:50 AM

Post #5945416

OMG inn a gadda da vida baby LOL! Now those were the dayys!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
12:50 AM

Post #5945419

The sixties - I love that music. I was near the Haight-Ashbury area a couple of weeks ago, but did not get the chance to walk through it. By the time I went to Berkeley in the early 70's, much of the action had died down, but there were still lots of signs of hippieness. Telegraph Avenue was always humming with people selling their wares. I have a picture of myself with a granny dress of patchwork quilt somewhere..

.those were the days, my friend...
we thought would never end,
we sing and dance, forever and a day..

That was one of my favorite songs, full of hope and energy. But of course, I was a goodie-two-shoes back then and did not join in the sit-ins, love-ins, and whatever else was going on. The one advice I gave my kids as they went off to college was to have fun, and not just study...
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #5945439

Candee - telepathy must have been in the air. I sent my post without knowing what you posted at the same time, but boy, what a coincidental tie-in. Now that is fate.

Speaking of fate and movies, I went to see Slumdog Millionaire and really enjoyed it.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
1:01 AM

Post #5945463

That is funny Dianne, the one thing we told our kids when they left for college is "if you go forth and multiply, don't come back", LOL they did not, but they did multiply and we have great grandbabies , but noto very close so be careful what you wish for LOL! No go find that pic in the dress LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #5945543

I remember granny dresses and maxi-skirts, hip-huggers and hot pants. Ssssssss
Although I was too young to wear those things, I liked the look and feel of that era. One distinct memory was watching young people dance on TV, not on sugary American Bandstand, but on a local show. Those kids were filled with cool, the way they moved, dressed, never hamming into the camera. I was only 7, (circa 1968) but I sensed they knew something that parents didn't about being right with themselves. It was like they were above the BS, too hip to it all. I decided then and there that I wanted to go live with the hippies. But since I could not, I kept my transistor radio pressed close to my wee head. "I know it's only rock and roll, but I like it"

That's excellent advice Dianne. Never, ever forget to have fun.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
1:40 AM

Post #5945656

I had some red wet look hot pants in the 70's LoL!

Remember Joni?

Dont it always seem to go
you dont know what you've got till it's gone
they paved Paradise and put a parking lot ohhhhhhh bababa
they took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum
they charged all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em
ohh bababa
Dont it always seem to go
you dont know what you've got till it's gone!

Far out man! Freak brothers, Fat Freddies cat, cheech and chong Daves NOT HERE!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #5947294

Oh yeah, I loved the album Miles of Ailes. Joni's music has hip intelligence and truthfulness about it. And I can understand the lyrics. lol I went for years thinking Elton John said, on Benny and the Jets, "she's got electric boobs, her Ma has too", instead of "she's got electric boots, a Mohair suit".

Cheech and Chong...hehehe "my mama talka to me, try to tell me how to live, but I don't listen to her cause my head is like a sieve". I had that 45 single.

Remember blue jeans with patches sewed onto every square inch? I had a pair that I was forbidden to wear, so I chucked them out my bedroom window behind a bush, strolled innocently out the door and snuck around to collect my pair of blue jean cool to change into at a friend's house.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 31, 2008
4:30 PM

Post #5947630

that sound cool about the hidden blue jean
went i was young we use to go out with the boy to dance
then it was back thought the window
and into bed for an hour or 2
lol
them was the good old day
we are going to raise our own chickern this spring
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
8:01 PM

Post #5948449

LOL Ah yes, the ritual of window sneaking. It's a rite of passage for sure.

Good luck with the chickens. If we lived closer to each other, I would definitely be you best customer for all of your farm goodies.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
8:15 PM

Post #5948506

Sigh...window sneaking was another thing that I have never done. Not sure what I was thinking as I was growing up - guess the old Chinese traditional traits are hard to overcome. Should have hung out with you guys - would have had a LOT more fun. LoL. But I am making up for lost time how that I am in my 50's. Terri - got any photos of those wet red hot pants???

am a little sad and happy at the same time today - happy in that the first kitten got adopted this past Saturday, and the other two got adopted yesterday, but sad to see them leave. Can get mighty attached to them in 6-7 weeks. Here's a photo when we first got them - scared and huddled up in a corner.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
8:17 PM

Post #5948515

and weeks later and pounds heavier, happily at play on Christmas day.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
8:21 PM

Post #5948527

So happy you found homes for the kittens, bet it was easy as they are cute as buttons. Window sneaking, guess you didn't live in a trailer like me with those jalousi windows hard to get out of LOL! I had to revert to just running away from home when I had something I really wanted to do. The troopers always found me though cause my dad was justice of the peace and he knew them all and they were always on the lookout for me and my trouble! Yep the good ole days.

So home you make it to some of the new year celebratons o the New Year thread. Guess Sue has had her bash and is waking up to the new day already in aussie land. As for Terri in London, perhaps we better get started as her new year will be in just a few more hours!
See ya over there.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008 3:22 PM
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
9:31 PM

Post #5948829

Awwwwwwww how cute. You did a very good thing although a tough one. Hats off to you!
I fostered a cat once, she's still here 6 years later. lol
Wish I had the means to make a huge dent in the pet overpopulation problem, setting up snip clinics and such.

Candee, I packed my ditty bag a few times too. Didn't have much of a plan, mostly a determination to get the $#%@ out of Dodge. But I usuallly got ratted out, which was just as well for a kid with no money, no destination and a heaping pile of wishful thinking that a better life would fall magically into her scrawny lap. And it did after lots of work, loads of green tea. hehehe

Hey y'all, how about we start a tradition here at the cafe- we all sneak out the window into the new year wearing red hot pants, strands of lieks and whatever anyone else cares to throw into the mix. I think it would be a hoot!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
9:40 PM

Post #5948870

When you get outta the window, jump on over here to the celebraton. Terri only has 3 1/2 hrs. till midnight!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/937356/
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5948961

Hey plantgeek, I found Terri trying on here new hotpants already LOL! Shall I take her to the new year cafe? Or do you want to bring her?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #5948964

Will try a bit bigger so you can see her lovely face.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
10:09 PM

Post #5948970

you people are crazy!!!!!!!! such fun .

LOLLY!! Laugh out loud love you!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
10:28 PM

Post #5949020

crazy like a fox friend!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
10:34 PM

Post #5949048

I remember when I did have my hair blode like that Candee, and lots of other colours too lol!

hey everyone... still got a great figure haven't I? it's cost me a fortune to look like this!!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
11:05 PM

Post #5949183

You look fab, well I got the car outta the garage so come on everyone, Zany, plantgeek, mittsy, everyone Steven where are you and Sue, get up lets go!

You gotta get over to the cafe party for NY and see Terri in those hot pants!

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008 6:06 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5949226

Elle, where are you, even your chickens are waiting to come to the party.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
11:22 PM

Post #5949247

and the ducks!

Nice car!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #5949319

Oh I love your ducks!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5949359

Quite ducky.

And yes, the car is most ellegant. Your taste, superb.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:03 AM

Post #5949929

Wait - I want to ride in that spiffy car too!! or maybe I'll just take Terri's flying teapot.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #5949952

WEll which ever you take get over here!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2009
7:05 AM

Post #5950724

Well, it is 10:58 here so I will be up for a while yet. I worked until 10:00 so no party for me. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May it be a Year of happy news!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
9:39 AM

Post #5950844

Hi Zany - sorry you had to work so late. Are you still up? If so, a great big Happy New Year to you and definitely full of happy news.

Lots of goodies out at the New Year's cafe if you can get over there.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America