Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Passifloras: Lady Margret as Lava host for Zebra Longwing BF ?

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 2, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

mjsponies

mjsponies
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #5911195

Does anyone know if the Lady Margret is a safe Passi for the Zebra Longwings...
I had one lay her eggs on mine, and want to make sure it will be ok for the caterpillers to eat.
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2008
8:16 PM

Post #5922576

They won't lay their eggs on the wrong plant. I find it interesting that you had eggs on yours - I have 4 different ones, and my LM was the ONLY Passiflora that they didn't eat clear to the ground!

mjsponies

mjsponies
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5922929

They haven't hatched yet. I put it on the screened porch to keep her from laying any more on it. I'm trying to get over to a friends house who has some passionvine that is over taking several of her oak trees to get some for them to eat. IF they hatch. The Zebra Longwing was coming everyday till yesterday and today (crappy weather now) and laying eggs. I hate to pinch them off, but the plant is still in a 3 gallon pot and no way would it support that many cat's.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America