-
AuthorContent
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

December 29, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5941240

I have 2-3 dozen porcelain collectables from the Heritage Village Collection Dickens Village Series. MANY buildings and accessories such as fences, carolers, ice skating rink, skaters, chimney sweeps, fake snow, fake brick, etc. that my mother gave to me years ago. All are in mint condition and have the original packaging and sleeves. A few pieces that were my brothers have some water damage to the sleeve, but the Styrofoam and building are in perfect condition. Many, if not all, are now retired, quite large and I know some pieces are highly sought after and expensive. I seem to recall Christmas in the City...maybe it's my sister who got those or maybe I have a piece or two. I just looked in the closet and everything looking at me is Dickens'.

I've been trying on and off the last few years to find a source for their current values but have been unsuccessful. Bottom line, I need to be a paying member of D56 to get a current pricing. Had I found a source, I could have posted them on eBay, here or Craigslist PRIOR to the holidays!

If anyone could direct me SOMEWHERE or is a member that can help me price them (I'm happy to take them out of the closet and list them for you) I'd be so very grateful. VERY grateful. I checked all 24 pages of threads in this forum and there's nothing about D56.

Thanks in advance,

Robin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2009
12:39 PM

Post #5950958

I attend quit a few auctions. Prices for Dept 56 pieces are very low. Some times they would put 3 or 4 together to get $5 for the lot. 6 or 7 years ago these things were bringing hundreds.
This happens to all the "Collectibles". Beany Babies, Cabbage Patch dolls, even Precious Moments are fairly worthless.

Happy New Year,
Bernie
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 2, 2009
4:42 AM

Post #5955146

Thanks for chiming in, Bernie. I'll check around further. I do know that some of the pieces I looked up at different sites could bring in a few hundred if they're in the original packaging and the sleeves are in good order. I have several of the larger buildings, churches, etc.

I was just hoping that someone here was perhaps a D56 collector.

Happy New Year,

Robin
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

July 11, 2009
4:07 AM

Post #6805083

Bump!

Wondering if there is enough interest for me to get the camera out and/or post listings of the ones that I have. There are several in mint condition with the sleeves and those that are in mint condition with minor damage to the sleeves. The collectible itself - ALL of them - are in PERFECT conditon!

Robin
BorderPatrol
Bryan, TX

July 30, 2009
5:35 AM

Post #6883609

Snow Village, et al, are not selling for very much right now. I've been collecting since '88 and some of the items purchased back then sell for just a few dollars. One consistently priced item is the snowy hills hospital and even that is not what it used to be. I watch ebay and keep prices on all my pieces. Halloween is always selling well and the Ford Motor Company dealership is selling well now because of the auto bailout.

For several years I have the village up above the windows and around my bedroom. However, when I repainted I took it down and really need to have my 60 year old house rewired before I put them back up. I do miss having them up.

I have many houses, stores, cars, and even the skating pond.

Just hold on to them until fall and maybe try listing them on Craigslist then. As for taking pictures - its always good to have pictures of what you have - for insurance purposes.
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

July 30, 2009
7:19 PM

Post #6885675

Good info BP. Thanks! I have the skating pond too.

I thought fall would be a better time. There are just so many of them. Unboxing and taking photos will take me a week! I suppose I should at least take a written inventory of them as you said for insurance purposes.

Thanks again.

Robin
BorderPatrol
Bryan, TX

July 31, 2009
4:38 AM

Post #6888038

you don't have to unbox them. Just go to the Dept56 website and copy the pictures of the ones you have. Lots easier.
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

August 3, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #6902708

I'll certainly do that! Thanks BP.

BorderPatrol
Bryan, TX

August 4, 2009
12:43 AM

Post #6903851

snow village is like the stock market. its really tough to go to ebay and see how little the items are selling for. do you think the prices will ever recover?
azrobin
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2009
8:59 PM

Post #6911467

Dunno. I remember when I first started looking them up maybe 3yrs ago they were really up there with high demand. Yeah, I agree with you about it being like the stock market. lol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America