-
AuthorContent
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
12:31 AM

Post #5941365

Well, now that I got the day right, I guess, I have started our New Year thread for the festivities. COme on in come one come all, come together, come alone, we don't care just show up and spread some holiday cheer at our wonderful cafe.
Madame Woodsy said she shall take the coats and the food is being prepared by the world's finest chefs, Steve is getting the Springsteen music together, so come in, sit down, put your dancin shoes on and enjoy the lead to the New Year!

Thumbnail by haighr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
3:57 PM

Post #5943534

Hi Candee, Thanks for the New Year cafe'.
I'll be back in later to help with the decorations, you've done a great job with the bar already!
Looking good!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 30, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5943651

hi all
i will be there i am off
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
7:29 PM

Post #5944243

Already had some fireworks today whew! I intended to shampoo carpets today so had gotten lots ready for that yesterday. Well this morn my hoover carpet shampooer didn't seem like it was quite doing the job so I headed all the way across town to Sears to get a new one (mine is 22 years old). Sure enough I had left too early, not minding the time and got there 1/2 hour before opening at 10am. So I sat around in the car for 1/2 hour then hit the door soon as it opened. I went in and got my new hoover in a box and headed back home by 10:30. I managed to get the big box inside myself and put the thing together and by 11:00 I was back in business. I noticed that it smelled funny, perhaps kinda hot, but didn't do anything about it. About 10 minutes into cleaning, while next to our bed clothes the dang thing burst into flames, and I do mean flames. I yanked it away from the bed and just stood there in shock watching the flames dance out of the bottom. They stopped and popped and I pulled the plug. The whole house was full of smoke and smelled like burning rubber. I tossed it outside and check on the house to make sure no wiring fires going on, had my neighbor come over whilst I returned to Sears. Can you believe it, they asked if I wanted to exchange it for another!!!

So glad to see you are off elle, take it from me and just relax, don't try to do anything as it may literally "blow up" in your face. LEt's just take it easy and ring in the new year in one piece!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
8:43 PM

Post #5944506

Oh No! Thank goodness you are ok. They don't make things like they used to, bet your new new one wont last 22years! Chillax now.
Hi elle, Glad you will be here and not going out in the cold to work.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 30, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5944539

yep
let just sit with are feet up and drink in the new year
with your farvor drink
my is hot tea
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
9:58 PM

Post #5944759

It was the new one Terri that caught fire, I finished cleaning the carpets with the 22 year old one LOL! You are so right they don't make em like they used to.
Hey elle, you are gonna have to spike that hot tea tomorrow!!!
I was up cleaning the carpet upstairs today and remembered that I had some crafty stuff from things I got for making our wood artwork, so I drug it out and thought maybe I could come up with somethin for tomorrow. Still a bit outta sort from the trauma today of the fire and all and the house is freezing as I had to open the windows to let out the smoke and so now am cold all over.
So elle have you always live in humansville? It is an interesting town name.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #5944774

Will go find a link to the clock to count down.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2008 5:10 PM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #5944783

I think this one shall include everyone. From London to Aussie land and back again.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/multicountdown.html
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 30, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5945014

Ohhh Candee, you're so organised, our very own countdown clock in the cafe, good thinking!
Starting to get excited, looking forward to the crafty stuff.
Hope you get warmed up and smoke free soon, poor you. what a day of it you've had.

I'm sitting by the fire making leaf chains to decorate the cafe! If anyone would like to make a few we could join up our chains around the world. All you need is a stapler or floral tape and some leaves!
Join them together just like the paper ones. Add fancy stuff if you wish lol.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #5945251

I am not smokin now Terri LOL, like I said quit many year ago except for the shampooer today LOL! I woul dlove to join in your leaf chain. I made this and wrote the poem for the cafe, hop you like! BTW carpet is clean enough LOL! and we are warm now by the fire friend.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
12:11 AM

Post #5945255

Hey now that looks even better than I thought!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
12:23 AM

Post #5945293

Oh now you made me cry !!! That's so lovely Candee, how thoughful and kind to write such beautiful words and wishes for us all. Thank you Sweetie pie! Have a cosy night by the fire with your loved one!

I know you gave up smoking years ago LoL! Oh good, you like the leaf chain idea .
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
12:41 AM

Post #5945372

Candee - that is one lovely poem.

I better go out tomorrow and start gathering some leaves.

I will pop in the cafe for a bit tomorrow, and then head out to dance in the new year. My rugs certainly needs shampooing, but I figure that could wait until next year.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #5945438

Well am so glad that you Dianne will ring in the new year dancin, I will but in my livin room and likely on a table LOL!
Steve is going to the cabin thurs until Fri to hyunt again for a deer meat, so keep fingers crossed fo r some food!
Did not want to make you cry friend, but it is a good job no??? LOL, I love to write poetry!
Now lets go out and get some leaves and flowers and some pinecombs and make this the best NY ever in the cafe!
Come on elle, Steven, Plantgeek and MIttsy and Karma, come on and join us!!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 31, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5947652

i love that poem
we will be waching tv and dream of what use to be
it thetime to rember you love one that went on be for us
and to look ahead with a happy heart
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
6:05 PM

Post #5948005

Thank you elle, be sure you spend some time dreaming of what is to come. You have a very happy heart of that I have no doubt!
Let Madame Woodsy bring you your first cuppa tea for this evening celebration!

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 31, 2008
6:10 PM

Post #5948023

thank-you
i will enjoy it
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
7:57 PM

Post #5948426

I am busy primping and prepping for this evenings celebraton. I hope the cafe is packed as Madame will graciously be hanging coats and Steve is ready to spin some of those oldies but goodies for us. So lets put on our dancin shoes and get ready.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #5948543

Now I know Sue has had her new year ring in already and she is beginning a new day in aussi land so hope she stops by while we ring in the new.
Terri, I hope you are getting a few winks after the cheesecake so you can join in as well. Now look out as I am coming through with the first and most important the DJ needs to get started setting up!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #5948576

Hi Everyone,
I'm here helping now Candee. Like your funky new trainers.
Our visitors have left and the Birthday girl has gone out to a night club with her mates!
We've had a nice day, went out for a late lunch, came home for cheesecake with 19 candles!

Better get back to my leaf chains! see ya soon.

Thumbnail by terriculture

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
8:41 PM

Post #5948598

Those are going to be real nice Terri, we can all take hold of a link and celebrate together. Sounds like the b-day girl is gonna have a smashing evening. Out to the clubbie with friends to celebrate the new year and her new year!
We were going out to dinner but it is so windy I can hardly keep my balance outside so Steve opted to make burgers tonight instead; he can fry them up between sets.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
9:26 PM

Post #5948806

Yeah that sounds great Steve, sound check for the outside speakers next, crank it up a notch...
thats it! Looks lovely outside on the patio Candee, the lights in the trees and around the flower beds look brilliant!

Fancy a little drinkie you two? you deserve it bringing all that equipment in!

Have either of you seen the new waitress yet? she was supposed to be here at 9pm.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
9:30 PM

Post #5948825

Okay everyone move over this is a biggggggg centerpiece for our main table. I have been driving around looking for a parkin space out front, but Steven has his van parked there behind his camper and I just couldn't walk that far with this so I am having to use the back door as usual. I will prop the door open so we may get a slight chill in here for a bit.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
9:32 PM

Post #5948833

Well she wasn't holding the door for me. I fixed you this one darling so you can have a sit whilst making the chains.

Thumbnail by haighr

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
9:53 PM

Post #5948909

lovely centerpiece, Candee. I still have lots of albums lying around my house that Steve can put on that turntable. Those are the niftiest shoes I have seen.

I am still at work at the moment, but hope to leave early today. Otherwise, I may have to take a "long" break and make my chain here in the building.

Terri - DON'T let the new years start before I get to the cafe. Use your magic and make time stand still. Too late to tell Sue that LoL.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
10:02 PM

Post #5948939

Oh What a Fabulous grand centrepiece Candee! Gorgeous fresh flowers, so nice they way all link up with the pearls?
Oh Thanks for the drink, may I keep the jewels? LOL!

Here's a drink for you and Steve, gotta keep the DJ happy!

Hi Dianne... Hurry up! LOL Don't you all be rushing around on my time, I'll be up for hours yet! Chillax babes!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:05 PM

Post #5948957

Wow, that looks like a drink for me, had one of those in PV and almost knocked me on my butt! Hey Plantgeek got us some red hotpants, I'll see if we can get them over here.
Dianne, we'll be here partying whenever you can get off work, or better yet, from work.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #5948977

Oops and a drink for Steve, he was so busy getting the albums sorted I didn't see him for a minute and drank half of his as well. I am sure he will forgive me.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:14 PM

Post #5948984

BTW, thanks for the kind words on the centerpiece. I broke down and got a bunch at the grocery. I am not sure if they are a kinda dahlia, but think so - colors didn't show up well, some are white and some are greenish to go with our olive walls. Enjoy them.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5949007

Here you go Steve, drink it before you wife does this time! lol
So glad you went to the grocery ,the flowers look really nice and what a great way to start the new year with fresh blooms in the house/cafe! I'm not sure if they are the huge Chrysanths or Dahlia's either, but pretty all the same!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:32 PM

Post #5949042

Steve got this one before I saw it. Thank you for quenching his thirst. He will be ready to start spinnin soon. If you are looking for me I'll be at the bar checkin out the shotglasses. We have so many that have been given from travelers here to the cafe. Sue a lot to wash before our celebration.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #5949092

Oakey dokey! I'll be doing somethin'.
Do you think maybe Zany and Plantgeek got stuck in cyber traffic? We did send the car for them didn't we?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
10:58 PM

Post #5949156

Oh, was I supposed to get the car - I was busy in the cafe and now getting dolled up - How do you like my NY mask?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #5949191

These are the hotpants that plantgeek provided for all of us, Terri is our model as you know I am too shy behind the mask.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #5949210

Great mask! dolled up eh? I've got nothing to wear! been trying different outfits on but I just can't make my mind up.
What do you think the red or the black?

I'll send the chocolate car for them, they can have a snack on the way!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5949219

Oh I've got hotpants! Yay!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5949224

I like the red hot hotpants, they look great! The candy cadbury car is a great ride, but will they be too big to get out when they arrive.
Don't forget elle, she is having tea!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5949231

I got elles chicks all dressed and ready to party when she gets here, they are so happy they are laying golden eggs!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #5949236

Ahhhhh! It's Elton John! Holy Crocodile Rock! Oh wait, it's Candee. You silly rabbit. Can I have your autograph anyway? tehehehehe

Wow, everything looks so wonderful- the centerpiece, the DJ booth, the drinks and of course you all with your festive faces. All righty then, let's have a party!

Terri, I would be happy to help with the leaf chains. And I brought vigorous amounts of bubbly, assorted imported teas from around the world and firecracker hot schnapps for those that dare. And you betcha your buns I have a pair of hot pink hot pants for everyone. Can you say chorus line boys and girls? Shaved or unshaved, start kicking those legs y'all.
Candee, wherever did you find that vintage pic of Terri? Oooweee, girl, but don't you look fetching!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
11:27 PM

Post #5949261

Hey you're not so bad yourself in those pank hotpants! oh la la go girl LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:29 PM

Post #5949267

Too big indeed. I'll have you know the chocolate was majik and contained absolutely no calories as long as you had naughty thoughts.

Do y'all like my outfit? Polished my boots, threw on my leather and silk, a boa- a real boa, say hello to my little friend, hehehe. She is harmless and recently fed and would like to help tend bar, says she can squeeze the lemons.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:30 PM

Post #5949269

I took that shot when she visited our cabin in western maryland this past year along with Sue. We had a fab time on the ATV didn't we?
I just checked the web cam for london, is Katie in that mass of people somewhere??? Big as Times Square I swear.
Glad you like the mask and thanks for the hot pants! Mine are a big snug, but got em on anyway! Should I have Steve start spinnin some?

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5949276

LOL Shake, shake, shake, shake yo' booty...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5949280

Perhaps we should get a bit of food in here!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:33 PM

Post #5949284

Hope elle gets in here soon, can you send the car especially for her Terri?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5949287

Ask him to spin away Candee. Let the party begin.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

December 31, 2008
11:39 PM

Post #5949308

I'll put the kettle on for her tea.
Ooooh, what a nice spread of deliciousness. And sushi! Yummers. Thanks Candee.
When DW gets off work, we will be treated to truffles and ribs and Icelandic cheese balls, oh my.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5949361

I love cheese balls and truffles, can you bring some in.
Terri the first bottle is opened for you.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2008
11:56 PM

Post #5949364

And a couple glasses for your toast to the NY.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 31, 2008
11:59 PM

Post #5949370

Better hand the leaf chains up before we get too crowded!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:01 AM

Post #5949379

Here is another glass of bubbly I made for you to enjoy. It is strong so be very careful.

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:01 AM

Post #5949380

One huge horkin' tray of truffles and cheese balla coming up.
Happy NY Terri! May 2009 be a year of fullfillment, happiness and much chocolate. Cheers!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #5949390

How pretty! You make the best decor.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #5949391

Terri you over there smoochin????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
12:05 AM

Post #5949399

Happy New Year Darlings! Kisses to everyone and lets Party!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #5949411

LOL Candee, I do believe she was. It was bound to happen with her wearing those hot pants.
Happy New Year back.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #5949439

Great fireworks you made for us Terri, you are simply the best - oops isn't that my favorite song lets spin it Tina Turner!

I was gazing out the window at Steven's and guess he can't find his way over here in the dark?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #5949454

plantgeek, I know how you love those criters so I made you a special toddy today and it is really fermented now just for you.

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #5949464

Hehehe Hellooooooo...Steven, come on over here and jump into some hot pants and fun.
There's plenty of food and drink, music and mirth and too much silliness to keep to ourselves.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #5949479

Whoooweee! Why thank you Candee. I'm so moooooved. LOL
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:27 AM

Post #5949489

I was going to "milk" that last post, but I couldn't think of an udder thing to say.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #5949496

LMAO plantgeek you "milk" it all you want that is more fun than I even thought, you are just the master of the word game, udderly!
I fixed us a little snack tray of sweet treats, but don't eat too many, they are very rich.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #5949498

Oh sorry had all the relos on the phone!... need to catch up in here, Fab fireworks Candee ,cheers all!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009

Post #5949509

elle, I have a special tea for you, or tea for 2 if your hubby is having his feet kicked up as well? Hope you get here soon friend.
Terri did you notice that I finally got down that teapot you asked about a long time ago?

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009

Post #5949514

Hey y'all, look out your windows into the southern sky at the crescent moon and the star below it. Terri, I'm not sure which direction this relates to where you are, but if it's not cloudy, you can't miss it.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:34 AM

Post #5949521

It is way too windy/cloudy here to see any stars geek, but thanks for pointing it out. What is the star below?
So when does Katie get home terri, do you wait up for her or is she staying with a friend?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #5949531

Now I heard on the news that white russians had 850 calories per sip, so go to the gym between sips of this one!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:41 AM

Post #5949555

Oh well now Candee, treats can never be too rich. Just think naughty thoughts.

Cheers Terri. A toast to you, a toast to pants, a toast to us and our table dance.

Elle, Zany, Starr, Dianne, Sue, Steven, and anyone else who's name I have let slip thru my wee head, come on over to the Cafe. And if you can't, have a great NY. Whoohoo!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:45 AM

Post #5949573

It may be the North star.

850 calories? Holy hoohahs Batman! We are going to have to think wicked, wicked thoughts. lol Udderly
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:52 AM

Post #5949599

Absolut-ly no table dancin

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:54 AM

Post #5949608

That is no fun, now do we know anyone here?

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:55 AM

Post #5949614

ROFL! Well dang. Whatever shall we do now?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
12:56 AM

Post #5949618

Hahaha. I plead the fifth on that one.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
12:57 AM

Post #5949619

I think I am ready for some red wine. Oh, is that Steve playin our song, "red, red wine"...

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #5949637

And I'll have an udder cuppa that fermented teat squeezins' please. Whoohoo!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:01 AM

Post #5949640

You are udderly hilarious! geek you mooooooooove me!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #5949647

Glad I could "steer" you in the right direction. snork, snirt
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:06 AM

Post #5949651

lmao!!!!!!!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:08 AM

Post #5949656

I have been in the kitchen russling up more food for our celebration. Enjoy it is not too spicy!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:09 AM

Post #5949660

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #5949666

Is that madame woodsy up on her feet kickin her heels

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #5949670

Hey you guys are so fast movin'
Annie phoned!!!! she said the club is great and she's having a really good time, she wishes all my Flowerpot friends a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Her friend will be staying over here, so I'll expect them to roll up in the early hours!!

Candee, you really know how to throw a party, Steve's doin' an excellent job with the music and Plantgeek thanks so much for the red hotpants, they make me feel great!
Dianne will turn up soon to show us a few of her moves and I've heard elle can shake it too!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #5949679

Ooooh, that is quite lovely. You are the Queen of Culinary.

Why yes, that is Madame W. looking elegant as ever. Just you wait till she puts on her hot pants. I do belive we'll see another side. hehehehe
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #5949718

Glad to hear Annie is safe and having fun. Tell her Happy New Year for us. :)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:27 AM

Post #5949766

Oops another blond moment, I did call her Katie didn't I. Just can't take me anywhere LOL! I am hoping to have our friend from India join us a bit Dinu and so hope that elle and Zany can stop by.
Sorry to say that madame will not be wearing the hot pants, I had all I could do to get her to do the coats.

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:39 AM

Post #5949825

Oh well...perhaps another time.

Hooray, DW is home! Poor, poor thing, whooped to no end. I'm going to make her some tea, rub her tired wittle feets and excuse myself from the festivities for a bit.
Here is another tray of sliced meats and cheeses, shrimp cocktail and fried tofu cubes marinated in ginger and garlic for Terri.
Cheers and more cheers. Y'all rock!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:44 AM

Post #5949848

So happy you could join us and happy that you Rock, go take care of DW and we shall see you in the New Year.
I think that everyone had a great time and the party is winding down, so do enjoy. Here is a parting dessert for you and yiur DW

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
1:54 AM

Post #5949895

Well look at this madame is playin for us

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:04 AM

Post #5949934

Here is a last hooray for all of you and have a great night!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #5949939

Have a nice evening with your DW, bring her to the cafe later for a boogie when you've done the feet rubbings!

Candee, I wasn't expecting to be on the phone half the night! Think I've spoken to them all in Liverpool!
You've made wonderful snacks, I'm starving, lets see what is left! Haven't had a dance with Steve yet, I'm too shy to ask!

The leaf chains are starting to join up around the world! Hope everyone has a really good and healthy year!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #5949941

Good night friends, gonna have a NY with the DJ!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:07 AM

Post #5949944

Oh, we posted at the same time my friend, musta been an omen
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:07 AM

Post #5949947

Your chain is capturing all of us, what a wonderful idea and it worked out for all of us.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #5949951

Steve will dance with you anytime but he can't stand up very long so it shall be a short dance my friend!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #5949955

Dianne is coming ya hoooooooooooo!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #5949963

Ohhhhhhhh You get the DJ again LOL!
Thanks for a great party, What a special friend you are! Happy New Year to both of you. xx
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:12 AM

Post #5949969

What wonderful treats you brought over to the cafe. I got home way later than I had planned, but I caught Terri's flying teapot (since I miss the ride in that fabulous car) and here I am!! So glad you all left some goodies for me. I still have almost 6 hours to go before I ring in the new year.

Terri - that was so sweet of Annie to call in the midst of her merriment to think of you and all of us over here in the cafe.

Anybody still up??
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:14 AM

Post #5949986

I lit e a candle for you Dianne, hope your feet aren't too tired from dancin!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:14 AM

Post #5949988

Ok Steve, show me your moves, what are we dancin' to next? Hic ... oops think I've had a few too many, it must have been the white Russians!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:16 AM

Post #5949998

Got a few hours here as well Dianne, hope you can catch up there is a lot of treats. Would you like a beer for starters?

Thumbnail by haighr

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:18 AM

Post #5950004

Just before I left work, I grabbed the leaves from the two arrangements that I made almost two weeks ago - those leaves are amazing. Here is my chain to join up with all of yours. Have to make a zillion more to make it a reality though. But I do have the 6 hours LoL

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:18 AM

Post #5950006

posting at the same time again LOL!

I'm still up Dianne, hey that good ole Teapot gets around the world and comes in handy!
Here, plantgeek left these hotpants for you!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:19 AM

Post #5950010

I tried to warn you Terri, now just a cuppa somethin to bring you down it is late for you right? First a Baily's

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:21 AM

Post #5950015

Dianne that chain will fit in splendidly what a wonderful job you did there!
That timeless teapot is somethin special terri an so are you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:25 AM

Post #5950029

hic I'm suuuuuuuuuuur a balys woodnnnt hurt, juz a lil un. hic than k s Can ee hic. oooooops!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:28 AM

Post #5950045

who made that chain?

it's luvly Dianne, so neat!
Love the pattern on the leaves, how did you do that?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:29 AM

Post #5950046

Hey Candee - though I am not normally a beer drinker, that beer looks so inviting that I am going to help myself. Thank you very much, my dear. After that, I'll join you Terri with some of those white russians. I have a lot of catching up drinking to do...

Now, as pretty as those shoes are that you showed us earlier today, Candee, I got everyone a pair of these to go with those hot pants for the table dancing...oops...sign?? what sign???
You know, it is so dark in the cafe and with all the fireworks going on...and there was a group of people already dancing, so it must be OK.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:29 AM

Post #5950047

I hadn't planned for a chain hope this will fit in friends!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:32 AM

Post #5950058

Oh my Dianne those shoes are real pretty and likely more than I can do, oops spoke too soon they do fit nicely and I am just gliding around the floor, oh thanks so much I love this song by springsteen, what a great evening!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #5950065

I think there is a lotta dancin and you are on the floor Dianne I see everyone cheerin for you!
You are the dancin queen, dancin machine, oh go Steve he is playin it!

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008 9:36 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #5950066

Oh yes, that fits in beautifully Candee, well done with such short notice and all the other wonderful creations tonight.
Elegant shoes Dianne! very nice, and to think I was worrying about what I was going to wear tonight LOL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #5950072

NP terri you got to wear the hot pants LOL! Did you see those Dianne?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:38 AM

Post #5950079

Terri - I spent hours painting them...LoL. .. they are naturally like that. It is the variegated leaves from the ginger plant from this arrangement from over two weeks ago. Here's the picture again to jog your memory...
Take it easy on the Baileys Now..How many white russians did you have??? I have not had dinner, so I better take it easy until I get something to eat.

.Candee, that is my favorite additive to coffee...

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #5950081

OMG Steve and I took a break and somebody from the crowd took over the dj spot and he has gone crazy, where is Madame woodsy now when we need the cafe police?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:40 AM

Post #5950085

There is nothing like Baileys on the side of coffee, no need to ruin perfectly good coffee, just sip on the side!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:41 AM

Post #5950090

Yes, I did indeed saw them, Candee, and noted how fabulously Terri looked in them. Red is my favorite color
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #5950097

Candee - when steve gets back, make sure he plays KC and the sunshine band's song "ladies night" because we got lots of sophisticated mamas out at the cafe tonight...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:51 AM

Post #5950126

Yes I do look gorgeous tonight, even if I say so myself LoL!

Who's that fool doin' the DJ now? thats all we need. I'll get big Betty to kick him out.

Yes, just sip on the side, no need to ruin the coffee !
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
2:54 AM

Post #5950140

Whoops - I really should eat before drinking. Make that Kool and the Gang's song...like the lines party here, party there, party everywhere...
and of course, the ending line "so chic, so fine, you all looks so divine" which all of you do.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:56 AM

Post #5950148

Where is big betty is she the newbie we never saw? Can she get rid of him.
Steve is plaing springsteen and then tina an then k LADIES NIGHT around 10:15 if that is okay?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #5950154

Is this it Dianne we are lookin for the CD?

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
2:59 AM

Post #5950165

Of course! it's those leaves, it looked like you had scratched into the leaves to make the pattern!
How many white russians 'ave I had Candee?

I luv that teapot you found it sure is puurdy!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #5950173

I have had lots my friend it is the ny - and I have so looked forward to this even Steve loves it a NY at home - is this the kool gang you speak of from my ole days

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #5950181

LOL!

Big Betty's been standing outside just watching and waiting for trouble, she's our bouncer! equal opportunties and all that!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:06 AM

Post #5950184

Cheryl Crow and wanna have some fun playij now!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
3:11 AM

Post #5950197

Just got to go to the ladies room, watch my drink please!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:13 AM

Post #5950202

Will watcjh but got side tracked by the DJ for a moment!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:15 AM

Post #5950206

Hope everyone had/has a greaat time, will be right back, ! DJ on a break! LOL
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:33 AM

Post #5950249

Happy 2009 every9one gotta go and danc all nighty. Hope you enjoyed the party !
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
3:39 AM

Post #5950266

Yes, Candee - that second album is what I had in mind. Have no idea what that first one is.

I am fortified with some food now - the alcohol won't go straight to my head anymore. Can you believe it, I am 55 and have never been drunk before? Just slightly tipsy to the point where I don't balance as well as I should, but I think that I was still coherent and all.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
3:42 AM

Post #5950276

Terri - you are still UP??? it must be mighty late in your neck of the woods now. You have amazing staying power. Now the big question is, will you still be awake when I ring in the New Year's in California?????

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
4:14 AM

Post #5950363

Had a great time Candee, Thank you, you two have a nice dance!

I'm still up Dianne, Annie just got home, safe and happy so thats good.
How long until New year in California?

There's still some snacks at the cafe... think this is a snowberry ball!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
4:17 AM

Post #5950371

I am going to have to change out of those hot pants and into something a little more practical now. My kids would not let me leave the cafe and out to the studio with it on (not a good image for their mom). Maybe I can borrow Candee's mask and no one will know who I am??? at almost 4 feet 10 inches, it will be hard to get away with being not recognized. LoL

Will be heading out soon for some dancing, food, and a midnight dessert buffet. It is going to be hard to beat this party at the cafe, though.

It's been a great evening, and maybe some of you will still be up when I get back in another 4 hours????? Candee - make sure Steve cranks up the volume at 10:15 PM (is that your time or my time?) so that I can hear it over here in California!

Happy or almost happy New year to all of you!!!! It has been a pleasure spending 2008 with you all.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:29 AM

Post #5950405

It is 11:28 and we are crankin it up, just finished now on to th emusic have a great night Dianne
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #5950434

Have a great night Dianne and a very Happy New year.
Less than half an hour to go Candee, hope elle comes in for her hot? tea LOL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:40 AM

Post #5950438

The dj had enough an d I wish you a great one from here

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:42 AM

Post #5950448

Terri you gotta get some sleep an d I ned to go to bed lol! So how ru doing?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
4:43 AM

Post #5950450

Hey, I think he fancies you!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:46 AM

Post #5950460

he does my friend!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
4:49 AM

Post #5950467

I'm doing ok !! It's a tradition in this house to stay up all night LOL!
If you really must go to bed then I wish you Sweet dreams and all good things for 2009!
Thank you Steve, enjoyed all the musical arrangements, you rock!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:51 AM

Post #5950477

and we love you as well my friend ,u must fo! But will stayfor another 15 mins. my friend!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:55 AM

Post #5950492

Almost there ...

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
4:58 AM

Post #5950501

Oh that is so pretty, love the colours!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
4:59 AM

Post #5950507

Gotta love the states LOL! droippin of the ball! now!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
5:16 AM

Post #5950547

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Hope to see you all visiting the cafe in the new year!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
5:37 AM

Post #5950583

Thanks, Candee and Terri. Sorry I missed your countdown, Candee. You were in good company though. Steve is a great sport to DJ for us and put up with our antics.

I am heading out the door in a kid-approved tasteful black dress.

Terri - will see if you are still up in three hours. What time does staying up all night allows you to go to bed? We are eight hours behind you here in California.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
5:41 AM

Post #5950591

Bet you look gorgeous in your tasteful black number!
Have a great time, dance the night away and have fun.

we shall see, might have a nap and set my alarm LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
7:30 AM

Post #5950746

Our DJ has gone home, but we still have the duke box, no coins needed just play your favourite songs!
I'll leave some snacks out for Zany or anyone else who might call in for a nightcap, tea or hot chocolate.

See you when I wake up! Goodnight all. Thanks for the Party!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
9:37 AM

Post #5950841

Just got back home. Looks like both my kids are still out celebrating. Thanks for the night-cap and goodies Terri. You managed to stay up all night until 7:30 AM. That is pretty darn good.

Sweet dreams, Terri, and also to all the rest of you wonderful ladies.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #5951183

Happy New Year y'all! After checking on the good time that was had last night, I'm sure I am the only one up this early. lol
Sorry I didn't make it back to join the party, my undivided attention was required. ;)

Terri, glad your kiddo got home safe and sound. How's your head feeling BTW? hehee Those White Russians were too easy to suck down, boy howdy! Wheeee

Candee, thank you for the yummy parting treat. I'm munching on it right now. Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? Thank Steve for me again for being an awesome DJ. I whipped him up a batch of Creme Brule` because he is cream of the jock.

Dianne, sorry I missed ya. Looks like you had a most excellent evening, dancing into the NY. The hot pants looked awesome, but classic black is unbeatable. Cheers.

Zany, wish you could have hung out with us a bit, you were missed. Hope you and Bob had a great NY and that this one will be of great things.

Elle, quit playing with those chickens and get your wonderful self over here lol The tea kettle is always hot and there are buckets of goodies left, except for White Russians, Terri drank them all. Naughty girl hehehe

Wow, I love the leave chain. How wonderful. And it does span around the world. Very significant. And the ginger plant is beautiful.
I really had an awesome time with you all last night. A very mooooooving experience. Really, y'all rock. We should definitely do this again, for no good reason other than to do this again. lol
Cheers to all those who couldn't make the party. There will be others, so be sure to get yourselves here.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2009
3:10 PM

Post #5951356

Well I found Zany, she was in the cafe all the time, but sittin down behind the bar just partying by herself!
She is paying for it this morn!
It was an awesome time, we headed to bed right after the ball dropped and I was ready to drop. Tasha and Aby on their way this morn so gotta get up and at it!
Dianne, sorry I missed you in your black bet you looked smashin and danced the night away.
I had a great time and Steve said he wil DJ anytime for this crowd!
Zany is that you lookin so peaked this morn?

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:03 PM

Post #5952166

Good Morning everyone!

Well, the great thing about getting drunk in cyber space means in reality, there isn't any hangovers!!
Feeling good, great infact and I hope you are to! Looking forward to good things in 2009 for all of us.

I found a shed load of handbags in the ladies room, I'm putting them all in lost property for you to collect when you next visit the cafe'

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:05 PM

Post #5952176

red roses..

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:06 PM

Post #5952184

pink roses...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #5952212

Daffs

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:20 PM

Post #5952265

red and green Chrysanths

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:26 PM

Post #5952298

dogy bag

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
6:32 PM

Post #5952320

I also found a whole load of strange shoes!

Happy days!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 1, 2009
7:10 PM

Post #5952473

sorry i miss the fun
i love my picture of the chickern
took a picture of it to take to work
they alway need a good laugh
when we got done with the choir
we sat down and wach tv
i did call a friend i have know about 30 year
she live in detroit mi
that is were i came from
it look like every one had fun last night
hope it go all year long
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 1, 2009
7:16 PM

Post #5952487

Hey Terri - the purse with the flowers AND money is mine LoL...they are all lovely. Taking notes on your rosemary spikes and curved forsythia branches. Love how you weaved those back into the bowl. How many branches do you have in there? My lament about my forsythia is that the branches are so flimsy and long that they do not stand up well, but lo and behold, with your arrangement, their perceived defect is actually a plus.

Good morning PG. You are the early bird - I slept in until about 10:30 AM.

I got a phone call from my middle daughter wishing me a happy New Year from LA, my other two kids are still asleep (had no idea when they came in, couldn't stay awake all night here like Terri), so I made myself a cup of tea, had a leftover xmas gingerbread boy cookie for breakfast, and curling up to read a good book. Disregarding all the housework that needs to be done...after all, there are another 364 days left to do that in 2009.

Stay warm and healthy everyone!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
7:22 PM

Post #5952521

More visitors have arrived! My nephew and his girlfriend form South Wales, see you all later on!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2009
6:01 PM

Post #5956840

Now you have truly turned into a "bag lady", I guess the crowd was rowdier than I thought and how did they all get home w/o their bags of money. You came back in njust in time to claim them all Terri, good work!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 2, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #5957210

I think they hitched the flying teapot and the force of liftoff snatched their bags right out of their hands.
Dibs on the funky boots if nobody claims them.

Hope everyone is well rested from our festive making. And fortunately, the cafe is self-cleaning. There seems to be lots of left-overs, so I suggest that we polish it off with a mini-shindig for all those who couldn't make the NY bash. Ok, this is just an excuse to throw a party, but what the heck.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 2, 2009
7:59 PM

Post #5957259

Hi Candee, Seeing as I'm the 'bag lady' LOL!!! please may I take the scraps of food home for my starvin' children !!!
Please do the link for Blossombudy to get here, our new friend can't find her way!
You'll find her on the 'Something old, something new' thread, Thank you in advance Sweetie!!

Dianne, I can't remember how many Forsythia stems I used, but it just turned out that way... as I always say... go with the flow and 'arrange' stuff the way they want to go naturally... sometimes LOL!
Thanks glad you like them.

Hi everyone!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 2, 2009
8:06 PM

Post #5957292

Hi Plantgeek! a mini- shindig sounds just the ticket to welcome our new friend BLOSSOMBUDDY when she gets here ... LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #5958306

I have cometh!! Wow you guys really are a bunch of party animals! Sounds like you all had a great time! So sorry I missed it!

I had my first New Years alone. Well sort of... it was me and the dog actually! Hubby had to work so I snoozed in at 10pm, missed the stroke of midnight woke up at three am took the dog out and well, need I say more... It was rather quiet and peaceful!

Luv the chickens!! Can you teach mine to lay golden eggs! All they do is tan, white, green, pinkish or blue!! Those bow ties are so cute!!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2009

Post #5958803

Welcome to the Flowerpot Cafe' Bb, so glad you found us!
Looks like you have a whole lot of chickens to feed there! Are they laying eggs?
Our friend elle is collecting eggs everyday now! You will be able to discuss chicken feed with her and all . LoL!!
I knew you were coming so I baked a cake! help yourself to a huge slice, but leave a bit for Plantgeek, she gets ratty without her cake LoL!
We have tea, coffee, cocktails, wines, beers, hot chocolate, what can I get you?

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 3, 2009
2:34 AM

Post #5959017

I do not. I get the jitters, then my head blows up. lol Still haven't found my left ear.

Blossombuddy, welcome to our humble abode. Please feel free to indulge in any and all delights that Terri has mentioned. Swinging from the rafters is optional, but shennanigans are encouraged. Remember, what happens in the Cafe, stays in the Cafe. hehehe
Love the chickens! With the muti-color eggs, sounds like we are set for Easter if you would be so kind. So these are free-range I take it. We sometimes get ours from a local farm that does free-range and the eggs are colored like yours. Mmmmmm mmmmm
Hope you have tons of fun here. And yes, we are a naughty bunch of hooligans, but we make dang good cake, as you can see from Terri's lovely creation.
Cheers!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2009
4:32 AM

Post #5959504

LOL!! Oh my, more fun starts here!! LOL!

TERRI! Have you been to the NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS THREAD?? The shennanagans abound there too! Holy cow!
(I think they have been also called New Years Restitutions, Revolutions and other granduer misspleadings!! All must go and partake in tradition!)

And about that cake, Well, your a woman after my own heart!!
Danger lurks in those resolutions.. so beware!! About THAAAT CAKE!! Hehehehe! It is a must to have ice cream!

I will pass on any alcohol though. Don't touch the stuff. I can get silly enough without!! But that cuppa cocoa does sound inviting!

As for those cwazy chickens, oh yes, they are laying this time of year. Even in the dead of snow and winter my girls are still putting out! Just cannot get them to put out the 14k gold eggs...so will someone please tell me where I am going wrong!!! LOL!!! It must be the bows.. it has to be the bows!!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 3, 2009
3:39 PM

Post #5960553

hi all
where my cake and tea
i love my golden egg
it will be a nice day today
and i have to work
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #5962116

Hi everyone!
Sorry I didn't get back with the drinks!!!!!
. Had so many late nights over these holidays, I fell asleep in the bath!

Bb, I rarely venture away from our cafe, LoL! We have a great crowd right here!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2009
10:45 PM

Post #5962123

Plantgeek, We won today!! I got you some wine gums to celebrate!
Thanks for being a great Liverpool supporter, really enjoy going to the match with you!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2009
10:50 PM

Post #5962148

elle, didn't have time to make the tea, help yourself! Teabags and biscuits in the tin!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 4, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #5964461

Terri, am I going to have to get you a snorkel for the tub? Do be careful. I brought spirulina for a boost of sustained energy for everyone.

Ooh yummers, thank you Terri. Going to a game with you is always a pleasure too. Ring me up anytime. And Liverpool rocks!
I can't understand why soccer isn't as popular here in the US. When I lived in California for a time as a kid, everyone played. I liked it much better than football because I didn't get creamed, they let girls play and there was more skill involved. And it was simply more fun.

Elle, glad you made it! There are still treats left and your hot pants are on the shelf by the door. Think I'll have some green tea with ya, there's a nasty bug going around.

Blossom, that other forum sounds like a hoot. Love the NY revolutions.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 4, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #5964644

hi all
i will enjoy my tea
it off for 4 day
the frist day i will lay around
then it house cleaning days
boo boo
i need to get battery for my camera
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #5964663

Hi Plantgeek, Thanks for the spirulina, what is it? it's working anyway!!
I can't understand why they call football soccer in America!! Katie plays football and is in the school team, they play against other schools. I think girls football is getting more popular over here, she loves it, being the sporty type!! It's a shame her Dad turned her into an Everton supporter when she was little!!
Everton being the rival team in Liverpool! Haha we are top of the league, LoL!!
I'll give you a call before the next game, you'll never walk alone ...!

Anyone heard from Zany or Star? Hope everyone is ok and you haven't caught that nasty bug thats going round.
elle, I'd love to see you in those hot pants LOL!!
Blossom, your chickens layed weirdo eggs today!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 4, 2009
4:20 PM

Post #5964678

hi
the hot pant fix perfect
we now get 3 or 4 egg a day
i got 2 doz sold alway
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 4, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #5964687

Hi elle, enjoy your days off work, don't tire yourself out cleaning! Chillax.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2009
8:06 PM

Post #5965564

Don't work too hard elle, take time to enjoy, believe me you will be glad you did!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2009
4:53 AM

Post #5967704

Plantgeek88 and Terriculture.. yep, we are having a gold ole time down in the NY Resolutions (Revolutions!!!)...and yes, I am having a good time here too! The cake recipe there, works, but don't over bake it!!

I have this golden rule, make new friends, but keep the old!
One is silver the other gold!

So you will be finding me bouncing around a bit!

I'm not much on soccer or football, could never understand why they were so popular... seems to be a bit too barbaric to me! LOL! I cringe at the thought of all those injuries. However, I do like to watch a good polo game, but boy that has been ages!

Hope you don't mind my dancing partner here...the hubbys still working...and besides, we heard this was a garden party! Where can I park my horse? Besides that I'm dodging someo one chasing me with a shovel... pant, pant! By now she should be doing pilates with a wheel barrow!!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 5, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #5968839

hi all
i did enjoy yesterday
i love horse
we ship rabbit tonight
it supoes to be snowing
what fun we have on the fram
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2009
4:58 PM

Post #5969187

RABBIT???? Does that mean Easter is not far behind? Chickens and golden eggs!!, but alas and sigh, do not forget Valentines day...

Elle, where are you shipping rabbits???

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 5, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #5969332

Hi everyone!
Hope you are having a good day, back in the routine after the holidays!
Happy New Year to all our 'gold friends' who couldn't make it, we still miss you and think fondly of you all.
You know who you are LOL!!

elle, Good to hear you enjoyed your day of rest!
Blossom, Howdy!! Do you have a farm? What with chickens,horses and Iguanas visiting the cafe we are running out of food Lol! We have new renovations planned for a paddock and stable at the cafe! What is her/his name . do you ride and how long have you had a horse???
It's ok about the football, Plantgeek just humours me ... no one really cares ...!!!! LOL

I'm looking forward to celebrating with our friends Dianne and Karma! I've heard rumours the next cafe will be decorated for Chinese New Year. Red is the lucky colour and it starts on 26th January.
Valentines next month... woohh hoo we are busy around here!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 5, 2009
8:15 PM

Post #5969932

we ship to ask.
every two week
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 5, 2009
8:52 PM

Post #5970075

Hey Blossom, you can park your horse right under me! lol That's a nice looking horse. I was thinking that I might sign up for riding lessons this spring if I don't get too swamped with work. I'm not too experienced, but Iv'e ridden a few extremely patient horses, even jumped a creek once. Whoohoo!
And so you don't feel left out, may I present you with a pair of your very own hot pink hot-pants. This makes you official. lol Enjoy.

Terri, spirulina is a nutritional blue-green algae, or more simply put- pond scum. Eeeeeuuu! But hey, it works. It's one of those things like bologna or hot dogs, you just don't think about what they are really made of.
Humor? I have absolutely no sense of humor. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

Oh yes, Chinese NY- the year of the OX this go 'round. Let's hope it pulls us through the year without hitting too many bumps. And Blossom, this will be a perfect oportunity for you to wear your new short shorts. hehehehe

I'll get busy with decorations, new accomodations for all our critter pals and in the meantime, to tide us over, I brought sweet oats, peeled grapes and grubs for the animals, and a pizza as big as a truck tire loaded with mushrooms, onions, sausage on one half, mushrooms, onions and tofu on the other for all you vegitarians.
Oh, and here's some nettle tea to keep us from catching any nasty bugs.

Go Liverpool!!! hehehe
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2009
8:56 PM

Post #5970091

Hi Terri, well, we used to farm bigger...120 acres but got out of that, moved and down sized. I ride when I am able which anymore is not too often. I rode much more when I was younger and in better physical shape. I have a disability gets the best of me most days so I am basically now just cheif care taker to 1 hubby, 11 equines, a dog and a pile of chickens. We have a handsome stallion and his wives and daughters, a donkey and a pony. The girl in the pic is Fiesta. She will be 29 this year in April. She has been our pride and joy for many many years and a fine great great grandmum.

I used to train, endurance ride, show, do parades, demonstrations and did some game racing and all that glorious rot, but for the past 30 some years, been a breeder and now heading to more serious retirement. I am down to the last of my breeding stock and have a goal to get down to having only 4 or 5 horses eventually to feed my pleasure and to mow the pasture and get back into cattle. I love bottle babying calves!!

We used to have rabbits and sheep. No more sheep, but plenty of wild rabbits here amongst the other wildlife we enjoy!

No iquanas. Maybe a chameleon or snake in the garden, but no iquanas, crocks or gators. The only crocks I got are pots and me gators are what I am riding in the picture! My pleasure horses do not trot!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2009
9:29 PM

Post #5970227

Plantgeek, I wished we had moved further south...Ahhhh Louisville! I love it there! Greener pastures for sure over what is here in Illinois. I am a bit depressed over what our poor prairie state has come to and would love to get out! Seems the neighborhood statewide has gone daft! But then I have truly wanted to move out of this state for a really long time as I am not enjoying the winter like I did when I was a pup!

Excellent pizza I might add! Yumm!

Is that pink or pank HP's???!!! LOL!

And aaaah! the year of the ox, hmmmm is this an omen for me to get back into cattle? Well its a fleeting thought anyway! The thought has occured to me to find a nice rancher with some lovely calves to swap a few horses too...still looking though.

Cheers everyone!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 5, 2009

Post #5970662

That's Pank, Hot Pank Miss Moneypenny. lol
Well hey there neighbor. So when and where have you been to Looahvulle? ( to the rest of y'all, the mangling of the pronunciation of Louisville is a long-running joke. Just pretend you have a mouthful of oatmeal, or bourbon) I'm betting you have been to the Derby or another equine event. There are several stables and farms in the area, although not as many as in years past. Did you get to see Monty Roberts (the real horse whisperer) when he was touring a few years ago? Amazing! Animals don't lie, unless it's my cats pretending they haven't been fed. This guy was able to convince a terrified horse to do something it was afraid of- no trickery.
Wow Blossom, sounds like you are living your dream. Good For you! I would be a happy babbling idiot if I had 120 acres and lots od critters. lol I know what you mean about the winters. We are a little further south, but it's still a pain in the @#$
when a once youthful body ain't so youthful anymore. Next time you are down this way, D-mail me and I'll treat you to a cuppa and a slice of Derby Pie.
Awwww, baby moomoos. I'll bet they are fun. Have you read Temple Grandin's book titled Animals in Translation? You may find it interesting.

And my condolences for the present climate in your otherwiswe wonderful state. It may be a long bumpy ride, so in the meantime, have a taste of the tropics- a young coconut garnished with a slice of pineapple and a funky pink umbrella.

Zany, hope y'all are ok. I have fixin's for portabella burgers whenever you want to swing by and put your feet up. I'll even cook for you. No laughing you all. That charge of botulism was never proven. And I can do a mean half-cooked chicken. They just call it sushi elsewhere.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #5971068

Awww Plantgeek, the a-ham present climat in the NOIS is gonna take more than a drink with an lil ole umbrella in it.. Try a horsetrough with a table topper...LOL! and being the tea totaller I am.. shuky dern, it is enuogh to make you want to drowned all your sours in more than just scoootch and burrrben!!! (See I can 2 mangle the engleeish language even better than GWB his self! LOL!) I am gonna miss that poe ole Texan fer his ever loving sense of humour...if anything, he dun got that part right, it was the humour!!

He-yar tell now there is talk herein this part of the country they is just gonna run bobwar around the parameter of the state and use that to keep all the good ole boys in... UGH! and about that bumpy ride.. goodness me.. have you seen the potholes in this state? Takes weeks to get from one edge to the other!! And those poe folks in the desert state said they had the grand canyon... NOT!! LOL! I keep telling the DH we did not move fer enuff sou fer dat!!

But seriouly, yes, I have been to KY and TN and your neck of the woods and showed and sold a few of my sweet babies down there. My senile self cant recall zackly where but they was down there some place in Tennessee. And now present economy prevents my poe soul from leaving the farm much anymore... and Thats HORSE POUR to you!! not $pennies!! LOL! I 'll hav u no We got harses cuz we could nt afferd no lahn-moor!

I do employ a good amount of whispers, bells and whistles to my guys and it is amazing what animals do respect. I was not always training that way.. sometimes the military hollering kicks in when the critters are in the back forty! Be hollering
SU----EEEY at feeding time or just giving a whistle and they a come a running! Just depended on how much of a hurry I was in!
Drop me a D-mail I will post you my website on the critters.

Been awhile since we had cows, but had some babies years back that would lay on my lap and I would read a magazine and bottle feed two of them at a time and enjoy a sunny afternoon that way. The lil finger suckers!! They would follow me everywhere! Made me feel like MOMMA TIMBA in the movie HAITARI (Good Lordy is that putting age on me... ya got to love John Wayne and Red Buttons I just loved that flick!!!!) Ain't seen my yoothful body in ... wull less jes say been many years.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2009
2:01 AM

Post #5971310

ROTF!! Half cooked chicken...sushi!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL~~~~~~
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 6, 2009
4:57 PM

Post #5973295

every thing sound so good
we made it thought shipping
we are lazy the day after
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2009
6:13 PM

Post #5973689

Hi everyone!
Nice to see you all chatting away, any Derby pie left? whats in it?
Blossom you look fab in those Pank hot pants, especially on the horse LoL!
Thanks for the half and half pizza Plantgeek, next time please may I have my own one!

Start looking for your chinese stuff about the house, bowls, plates, lanterns, teapots, silks, paintings, chopsticks, bonsai, bamboo, etc etc . I'm the year of the TIGER Grrrrrrr.

Laters gaters!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2009
8:54 PM

Post #5974405

Terri, drat, I am not good at any Chinese decor... afraid the cupboard is bare here for sure, so I am gonna have to be an innocent by stander on that thread!!

Quick costume change here... looks like Valentines day is just around the corner...must get ready romancing and new dancing! Do I here a mariachi band playing???

It is the year of the bull right??? er er ox I mean.. dang, got bull fighters on my brain for some reason! Hmmmm ox ...well its cattle!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2009
9:31 PM

Post #5974582

Hi Blossom, I bet you have lots of trophies and Rosettes (sp?) from your horse riding shows?
Our trophy cabinet at the cafe has plenty of room for yours, if you please!
I've been on a horse once LoL!
Fascinating to hear how others live, the rural life sounds great to me, but in reality it must be very hard work.Here in the concrete jungle, life is hectic, lots of people with not that much free space!!

Does anyone know how to make those swans with napkins or anything like that? waterlilys? or origami?

Cuppa anyone?

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 6, 2009
10:11 PM

Post #5974734

Picky, picky. lol All right then, one veggie pizza all for your lonesome. I'll just sit here with my meat-pile of greasy goodness no matter the indigestion.
Then after, we can all indulge in Derby pie and a cuppa that lovely brew you made. Basically, Derby pie is pecan pie with chocolate chips and I think walnuts and a few secret ingedients- very rich and not for the meek.

Ok, I have tons of incense, YiXing clay teapots, several varieties of green tea and firecrackers. I'm a Rat baby incidently, a metal rat I think. There are five elements associated with each animal, the influence of which is determined by the year one is born.

Blossom, love your costume. Can we have pony rides? Pleeeeese?
I'll also see about getting Vday vittles, love potions and sultry decor.

Elle, kick your feet up dear and have a cuppa Terri's wonderful tea.

Oh Candee, where are you? And the rest of y'all too.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #5974936

Derrrrrby Pie arghlaghahe (in Voice of Homer Simpson)...GIMME!

Plantgeek, line forms in the rear, just watch that wicked woman that is chasing me with the wheelbarrow and shovel...she is just doing collections and pilates!! (Go Red, go!!) Look out garden, her she comes!!!

Terri, SoOooo thats where my yeller tea pot went to! LOL I made one just almost like it back in...well lets just say many moons ago!! Me and the horse here, well, our days of collecting trophies and ribbons has long ended, but those were the days my friend!! Fun times until the change in climate occured, We are both retired! But you can know we garnered our fair share of blues and plates. Loverly daffs BTW!!

Plantgeek, its time to post that Pie recipe...you got us all droooling!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2009

Post #5974977

Sorry to be picky darling! just don't want my food contaminated, Thankyou! your chicken dish sounds a bit iffy LoL! The Derby pie sounds good though.
Glad you are collecting stuff, hope Madame Zany turns up with some fortune cookies LoL!

Like the sound of sultry decor for valentines!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 6, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #5975004

Hi Blossom, I'm very slow at typing, you posting when I was typing!
I knew it !!!! bet you've got 100's of ribbons!
Thanks, glad you like the teapot and daffs.

It's my turn next Plantgeek, bit nervous so walk slowly please !!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 6, 2009
11:58 PM

Post #5975085

You betcha Terri, slow and easy. But don't worry, she's a sweetie. Here, give her a piece of apple and she'll be your best friend.

No problem with the pizza. I was just being a pain. However, let me corrupt your sweet tooth with a Derby pie recipe
one pie crust
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon

Beat eggs with cooled butter. Add flour and sugar. Beat till well mixed. Stir in pecans, choc., bourbon. Pour mix into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 30 min or till set. Top with vanilla ice cream, or whipped topping or both if you are a glutton.

Poor Blossom. Run Forrest, run!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #5975146

Good gads!! Do you know how hard it is for a lame woman to run in this dress!! She's after me she's after me!!

She's gonna be after you too Plantgeek since you posted that deeeee-licious looking recipe!!! You know how much she hates that!! (Keep em coming!! LOL!!!)

Ok, who brought the carrot Pizza...Fiesta take a bow, someone is being kind to you!!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 7, 2009
12:34 AM

Post #5975221

That's all right, let her come. I've got a whole bag full of pies. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Here, arm yourself.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2009

Post #5975518

Yummmmmmmm sounds good, might try that recipe one of these days!! Thanks Plantgeek.

Thanks for the ride!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 7, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #5977023

You are most welcome.
Fiesta loooooves the apple. Look at gobble it down. I do believe she is smiling.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 7, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #5977295

hi all
i have not ride a horse since i was a little girl it was fun den
we are having nice weather here
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2009
5:05 PM

Post #5977387

Why plantgeek, she shure is!!

And Elle its your turn. Fiesta is a very smooth ride. Care to hold this tray of filled glasses? Ok, your on, see, she will not spill a drop! She does not trot and is smooth as glass at 27 mph!

You keep giving her apples Terri and Pgeek, she is liable to do more tricks! She will rollover like a dog and can rear up like a mean old stallion, but then that is part of her act and will only do if I ask, so no worries mate on you riding her!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2009
6:42 PM

Post #5977735

Hi all, does Fiesta like sugar cubes?

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 7, 2009
7:19 PM

Post #5977889

hi
i got corn for her.
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 7, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #5977956

I've got turnips for her!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 8, 2009
6:38 AM

Post #5980390

Yikes! I have been following several threads on this forum but not posting much. But I just found this thread. I missed the whole party! Well, never mind, I just have one question...Where's the mulled wine?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 8, 2009
8:03 AM

Post #5980460

Zany - welcome back!!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to you. The party wasn't the same without you.

Need to go to bed now, but once you find the mulled wine, I would love to have a glass too.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 8, 2009
8:07 AM

Post #5980465

You go on to bed and I'll promise not to drink all the wine. I just want a couple sips to send me to dreamland.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 8, 2009
10:17 AM

Post #5980518

Hi Zany, we have your pank hot pants ready for you, Plantgeek made them for everyone!
Good to see you again, how is Bob?
Hi Dianne and everyone!
Have a great day!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 8, 2009
2:20 PM

Post #5980984

Pank hot pants! Hah! That was what I wore on my 21st birthday...which was 150 lbs and 150 years ago. Velvet no less, and white boots!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 8, 2009
3:43 PM

Post #5981262

hi all
just want to say hi
it my day to work
i work 5 to 6 day every two week
it nice here to day
hope every one does fine
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 8, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #5981411

Haaaaaaa! Love the turnip heads.

Zany!!! Welcome back. Sorry you missed the silliness, but I'm sure we can whip up more. Especially with this big horkin' keg of mulled wine. hehehe
So how is everthing? Your pank hot pants look just fine. And lookie here, a pair of white go-go boots with your name on them. Ready boots? Start walkin'! Wheeeeeeeeeeee...
See, I told ya there was still silliness to be had.

Hi Elle. When you are finished with work, put your feet up and join us in a glass or tea. And that goes for all y'all. Whooooo, I belive that wine has gone right to my wee noggin'.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 8, 2009
5:22 PM

Post #5981702

hi
a little wine would help my poor bone
they ache went i get home
this cold weather do not help them
elle

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 9, 2009
7:13 AM

Post #5984232

Oh my! White go's-go's and Pank hot pants my dear grand babies will never get over the shock and embarrassment of it... and I just adore embarrassing them! Just be careful not to play "Shake your bootie" cause there is a whole lot more of mine now than there used to be and I don't want to take any chances of someone getting hurt!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
7:46 AM

Post #5984251

Hi Zany - it is always nice to have some late night company here in the cafe. Terri of course goes to bed 8 hours before I do, and many of the others are in the east coast or midwest. I am always about 2 hours behind most people - go to bed about midnight or one, and get up around 8 AM (10 AM on weekends, if I can get away with it) . I had a dear friend who wakes up at 5 AM... so half her day is done before I even get up. Plantgeek - you got an extra pair of go-go boots that is custom made??? I could never find one that fits because my legs are so short, and my calves are big. LoL

Elle - I got some margaritas here if you would like a glass.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2009
3:34 PM

Post #5984958

Hello everyone, so sorry but we had to be away for a while, missed you while we were gone.
I have ridden horses, a little bit when I was real young and then we used to go riding sometimes while on vacation. I do recall it was a lot of fun, never have ridden a mule though and would like to do that one time. We have a friend who hunts on mule, so perhaps one day we shall try it.
Zany sorry you missed the party, I should have sent you a link, musta been that blond thing again LOL
Plantgeek and Blossombuddy you sure spice up this cafe with your stories, thanks for being here.
Elle, you don't get too much wine now, we dont want you doing somethin silly out in the barn? I can see you now out there with the chickens doing the "funky chicken" LOL
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 9, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #5985128

hi all
i just love it
you guy make my day
i will try a sip any drink
but just a sip
it lovey today
and it off to work
off tomorrow but it will be cold
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 9, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #5985216

Dianne, may I present to you, one pair of custom made white go-go boots with everlasting heels so that you may dance to your heart's content.
Well now, if embarrassing others is the plan, I have here fringed vests, face-paint and hot-pank hippie headbands for us all. But wait, that's not all. You also get tie-dyed Tees, patchouli scented beads and a big ole' hookah that will accomodate you and your friends.
And as a bonus if you act now, I'll throw in the live 68 day version of Inna Gadda Da Vida.

Candee!!!!!! Welcome back gal. Here, have a glass of this fabulous mulled wine. And I whipped up some Derby pie. Blossom and Terri got me going when they asked about it, so I had to get my butt in the kitchen and make one... or two. hehehe
Hahaha! The Funky Chicken. I remember that one. With all the chickens around here, we may as well go ahead and make it our theme song. lol Picture it now with us in our new regalia. Zany, that ought to embarrass your kiddos quite thoroughly.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2009
6:03 PM

Post #5985518

Embarass the kiddos that is the best sometimes. Years ago Tim left for workone morn and left the dumbest msg on the table. It said, I am bringing a GF home for dinner, would you please fix a "real meal" - well let me tell you that was all that needed to be said.
When steve and I arrived home from work we began preparation. Set the table with dog dishes and a vase of sticks and dead leaves from the garden and newspaper for placemats and a big jar of Skippy with a wood spoon in the center and then we dressed. Me with one tooth blackened out and dark circles under the eyes and enough mousse in my hair to have it stick straigh out, except for the pink curlers and a dirty old painting apron, well you get the picture and then Steve in his lacy suspenders holding up those alwful aqua stripped shorts and a pack of luckys rolled in his sleeve and a big spit curl in the middle of his forehead with that red hair of his.
Well, when Tim came home he only laughed a bit and then asked us to get it together to which we declined. He even went so far as to offer us a check from his account to which I said "We can't be bought". Well we live on a deadend street and we were all outside when her car turned the corner and Tim just put his head in his hands when I opened her car door and said "Well sur nice to meet ya little darlin' in my best southern drawl. We had our good laugh and wound up having a very nice dinner and a lesson well learned for Tim, every meal at this house is a "real meal"
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 9, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #5985824

Hi everyone! Yay it's Friday, time to chillax for the weekend! Have a good one all.
Nice to see you back Candee, we missed ya!!

Plantgeek, get your scarf and hat on for 3pm tomorrow, LFC . ok?

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 9, 2009
9:01 PM

Post #5986060

You bet Terri. I'll bring along a thermos of hot cider too.
It will please you to know that I got a new cell phone with a... CAMERA! tadah As soon as my DW helps me figure out how, I will be able to post pics. This ought to be interesting. lol

ROFL Candee. I love the audacity of pulling off such a lesson. I'll just bet your kiddo never forgets that one. hehe You and hubby deserve an award for "creative parenting". That is such a great story. Have you thought of submiting it somewhere?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 9, 2009
9:03 PM

Post #5986068

Candee, I always knew we had a lot in common! I did something like that to my darling daughter when she made the mistake of asking me to "dress up" for dinner when she invited a boy home...By the time the boy got there the diningroom looked like a bordello and I was looking like a trashy lady of the night complete with fishnets with holes, spiked heel boots and a dead fox stole. Bob was dressed like a Pimp from the streets. Her brother and a friend of his kept waving dollar bills at her and saying they expected at least 75 cents change back. The boyfriend stood there with his mouth wide open for a few minutes before he finally started laughing and we all had a great time... but I don't think my daughter ever forgave us. OH! and we all danced the Funky Chicken which really made the poor girl blush. ( of course, our version looked more like spastic chickens on speed with the hiccups)

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 9, 2009
9:12 PM

Post #5986089

plantgeek88, I'll take the whole package! LOL my granddaughter found a box of my old hippie stuff several years ago. She was in high school and was thrilled to have "authentic" stuff. there were bell bottom pants made from hip hugger jeans with patches all over, a fringed vest with beads on the fringe, moccasin leggings that had platform soles so they made you 4 inches taller, a whole box of "love beads" and peace sign ear rings and lots of tie died shirts from "the day" some with mandarin collars no less! She was the envy of her friends!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 10, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #5988622

hi
it sat
brrr it cold
day to rest
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #5989110

lmao Zany, good thing we didn't know each other back then our kids would never have survived. I can still hear Tasha saying "I am never bringing anybody home". But ultimately she did. I remember for a b-day party she had they all wanted in the hottub, changed into their swimsuits and swimtrunks, it was December 4 - Well they had fun in the hottub and when the guys got out in the freezing cold and came inside to change they found their underwear had been wetted down and put in the freezer!
plantgeek - platform shoes, oh those were the days. You musta gone all out with the peace sign earrings. Wouldn't that make a great get up for Halloween! Did you have a lot of that old paisley as well and the what was that denim that bled?
Hey elle, nice to see ya - how cold is it there? Guess your couple days of Indian summer are over.
Hey Terri is this the kinda "towel art" you are asking about? They did this for us for our anniversary in PV.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2009 12:34 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #5989454

I began a new thread for the Flowerpot CAfe 18 if you would care to join me over there here is the link.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/941878/

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 10, 2009
6:23 PM

Post #5989461

Paisley was everywhere in huge prints and the only vehicle worth driving was a VW bug or a VW van which had to be painted multiple colors with lots of flowers and slogans painted on... Shoes had to be platforms or sandals. Wooden beads and peace signs, big bold free form flowers, head bands and chocker necklaces, incense burning and black light posters, lava lamps and beaded curtains, and caftans, long straight hair and no make up allowed... daisy chains woven into a crown, lol yep, I was there folks... and thought I was ever so cool! How ridiculous I was, and so naive thinking myself so world wise.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2009
7:27 PM

Post #5989662

No more ridiculous than me in the mini skirts and go-go boots LOL! Hummin the music to "Purple Haze" !

This message was edited Jan 10, 2009 2:28 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 13, 2009
10:25 PM

Post #6001967

Candee, wow! those swans are huge, what a nice surprise for you on your anniversary.
Don't think I've seen 'Towel art' before LOL! Usually see little ones made with napkins or paper.
Thank you for the photo!

I remeber my caftan was really cool Zany!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2009
11:22 PM

Post #6006257

AWWWWESOME SWANS!!!

Dinners on gang, come and get it!!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 14, 2009
11:25 PM

Post #6006271

Here I am! lol I even brought my own plate- never leave home without it.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2009
1:35 PM

Post #6007905

WOW, you did bring that in the cafe, well let's serve er up. I'll take a big piece and some of that garlic bread I know is still in the oven - can't hide a thing from me! Ummmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmm, can't talk with my mouth full, you all carry on a bit whilst I gobble up my favorite
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 15, 2009
10:07 PM

Post #6009764

No way...mmmph... to busy doing my own gobblin'... Yummers! Thanks blossom.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2009
10:38 PM

Post #6009859

plantgeek, get ahold of yourself, you got tomato sauce all over your chin and brows, you weren't supposed to dive into it LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 15, 2009
11:01 PM

Post #6009924

Too late...save yourselves...must...get to...shallow end. Whew! Saved by a raft of garlic bread.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #6011776

LOL!

There's more where that came from! Don't forget the hot cocoa!

Baby its cccccold outside here today at minus 20 degrees...tain't fit for man nor beast!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

January 16, 2009
4:28 PM

Post #6012490

hey
do not forget this old lady
i made it thought the last two day
now i can see the sun
because i off the next 2 day
we made it thought the 2 bad day
the animal are all ok
hope every one is ok
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 16, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #6012517

Hi elle, So glad you made it!

I see the tradition of hanging around the old cafe' eating your own food has carried on... LoL!
In the old days they used to sneak sushi!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 16, 2009
9:13 PM

Post #6013701

Did someone say sushi? I brought chopsticks. Never leave home without them.

Blossom, thanks for the hot cocoa too. Mmmmmmmmmm
We all need a shot of that, as insanely cold as it is. Anyone seen my pitooty, I froze it off somewhere.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #6017232

Well, we are having a heat wave, up 40 degrees from the -20 yesterday... unless your a polar bear or a penquin, I guys those are the only critters I can think of that would like this weather.

Had to bucket water to the critters today.. the hoses were still freezing up and boy the herd was sure thirsty!

Don't know about you, but I am still cleaning up after that wild Christmas and New Years Bash we had here...found somones pink ago-go boot... Am I the only one this late in taking the tree down? It finally found a new home in its box in the closet with most all of the other ornery-ments today...OY!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2009
10:34 PM

Post #6017405

That is not my boot blossombuddy but it is my bell, now how did it wind up there? We haven't put the tree up yet, am I too late? No way, can put a tree up anytime I want and perhaps I will do that one upcoming Friday when I am off work.
So glad you are seeing some sunshine elle, we are too but through -7 degree temps so it isn't all that comforting. Believe it or not I still have not worn a coat this season, just a light fleece jacket over my t-shirts so can't be too awful or I am definitely too blonde LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2009
11:06 PM

Post #6017522

oOOH MY! Thaaaat's your ding-a-ling thing on that pank boot?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2009
11:20 PM

Post #6017559

my ding a ling, your ding aling , by Chuck Berry, oh I wish I had my ding a ling, had a terrible fall, but I held on to my ding aling.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #6017595

LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 17, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6017654

Hahahaha! I remember that song..."I caught you playing with your own ding aling"... Chuck was such a naughty boy.
Love the pank boot btw
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2009
1:43 AM

Post #6018004

Hey plantgeek88, I don't know about that haighr...no heavy coat in this weather... must be whats in her cocoa!! Perhaps she should take the eye test...

Yo, haighr...are you seeing a silly rabbit or Santa Claus in the pic...LOL! Your guess is as good as mi... ding-aling thing!

Her putting up a tree makes me worry a tad! Must be that exploding mug cake shes is doing!

Go Chucky go! ... ling a ling!

(...oh the bells in my head...!!! Yo DJ, next tune please!!!!)

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 18, 2009
3:23 PM

Post #6019514

Ohhh there's my Pank bootie, Thanks Blossom.
We are doing swaps in the flowerpot cafe 18 (link above by haighr) have you got anything to swap?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #6021899

link, link, I don't see the link.. haaalp pleez!!!! Me wantum to go!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 19, 2009
1:43 AM

Post #6021917

Hi Blossom, it is 22 posts back from here... LoL

Hope you find it, see you there tomorrow! I'm off to bed, nite nite!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America