Photo by Melody

Article: Promises, Promises: My Gardening Resolutions for 2009: Ah, my kind of gardener

Communities > Forums > Article: Promises, Promises: My Gardening Resolutions for 2009
bookmark
Forum: Article: Promises, Promises: My Gardening Resolutions for 2009Replies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
latexan
Bay City, TX

December 30, 2008
11:46 PM

Post #5945177

Tamara,
That was a great article. Thank you. I thought I was the only one who couldn't keep up with all of it even though I awake each morning swearing I will...You're funny; please write more.

Connie
aliceisoutside
Lafayette, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2008
6:31 PM

Post #5948118

I did a double-take, "Did I write this article?" No, but alas, I'm not alone. And judging from the number of messages to your article, there is a thriving community!
Thank you for giving us voice. I too am a master gardener but hesitate to tell my address. When those who know it tell me that they "drove by the other day..."
I get a cold chill.
Here in south Louisiana there's gardening and there's weeding! Gardening is the fun, creative implementation of your garden dreams. Weeding, on the other hand, is
the "thorn in the flesh" of those beautiful hopes. It's work, work, discouraging work!
So this years resolution is two fold:
Number one, do something, even a little something, every day. I will write something in my garden journal even if it's just one short sentence. I will get one plant in the ground... or prune one, tie a vine, add some mulch, or sharpen a tool. Mostly, I need to shift my perception of gardening from being one big job, to being many small task. I put off the "big job" and never get anything accomplished. However if I can shift my paradigm, and see individual task, maybe, just maybe I can get one done every day. And if nothing else, a word in my journal will suffice.
Number two, simplify. To simplify I will resist adding new beds and resist buying new plants. Don't laugh, I feel that I can be transparent here. After alI, I use the word resist to allow room for failure without discouragement. Maybe there's a five step program... Seriously, this year, I need to focus my energies on eradicating a few tenacious invasives.
Thank you, Tamara, for your article. Thanks, also to all you kindred gardeners who, like me, hope to do better this year.
Happy New Year and Happy Gardening,
alice

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Promises, Promises: My Gardening Resolutions for 2009 Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hey phicks 16 Dec 30, 2008 3:47 PM
Thoughtful resolutions, Tx Tam vossner 1 Dec 29, 2008 1:00 AM
good article! DiggerDee 1 Dec 29, 2008 1:01 AM
Seed Storage Meredith79 4 Jan 4, 2011 4:27 PM
Thanks! rince1wind 0 Dec 29, 2008 2:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America