Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: A rosemary Christmas "tree": Great Idea :)

Communities > Forums > Article: A rosemary Christmas "tree"
bookmark
Forum: Article: A rosemary Christmas "tree"Replies: 2, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
redheadedwonder11
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

January 2, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #5954662

This is such a great idea! I have never seen them in stores before this year, and of course I HAD to buy myself one. Then, I found out my mother got one for her birthday in November :) Unfortunately, mine died shortly after bringing it home. Does anyone happen to know how to keep them alive?

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 2, 2009
6:41 AM

Post #5955381

I bought three this year. The first one I bought pretty early and accidentally let it get pretty dry. That had the most brown needles by Christmas. The next two I was more careful to give them frequent waterings. They did better.
My guess would be to give frequent small drinks of water, or sit them in a dish to soak up water briefly, to keep the root mass moist. I think mine got dried out and being so compacted, never really got re-wetted properly.
redheadedwonder11
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

January 2, 2009
11:34 PM

Post #5958186

Hmmm. Perhaps that was my problem then. It did seem pretty dry to me. Thanks sallyg!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A rosemary Christmas "tree" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CRAFTY ROSEMARY TREE docgipe 2 Dec 23, 2008 2:52 AM
Your article leeflea51 1 Dec 23, 2008 2:57 AM
Wonder where these come from? darkmoondreamer 4 Dec 23, 2008 5:35 PM
Rosemary care page sallyg 0 Jan 6, 2009 6:18 PM
Outdoors vs. Indoors echinaceamaniac 3 Jan 26, 2010 2:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America