Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Brugmansias: How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here?

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 30, Views: 662
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ladybug
Kingston, ON

September 9, 2001
4:07 PM

Post #12903

I just thought I'd ask cause I'm curious about it. There sure are a lot of interested and interesting people here.
I have been quietly reading and learning from this forum for some time.
I have some Brug seedlings 'in the ground', but it doesn't look as though there will be any blooms from them this year. So, up they'll come, sometime this month. I am planning to exchange some cuttings with RA and will be glad to do so with any other Canucks who would like to swap.
These are all Harding Hybrids, but I have no idea as to what colours they will be. Just like having babies, it's potluck!! LOL
Let me know if you're interested and I'll put your names on a list. I don't have a great number of plants (compared to some people), but I do believe in sharing what I have. That way, I know where to ask if I should need replacements!
It will be first come, first served, til I run out.
'..' (Ladybug)

Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2001
4:17 PM

Post #124143

Hi Lady bug! I'm first!!! Everyone else is sleeping in! I've been up potting cuttings. I'm in Vancouver, Brugcrazy's on the Island. If you like I can point you to a few others closer to you.
Email me if you'd like.
brugcrazy
Vancouver Island, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 9, 2001
11:58 PM

Post #124424

Ladybug: I planted two packets of seeds of LBJ hybrids. Some are 5 ' tall now and hopefully will bloom this year if the weather holds out. The versicolor x euro seeds from LBJ are great. Some have the strangest looking leaves and hopefully will also bloom soon. They'll all go in the greenhouse under metal halide 1000 watt bulbs for the winter so soon I will definitely have some blooms. Email me too.
RA
Burlington, ON

September 10, 2001
12:54 PM

Post #124730

Its so nice to see you become visible in this forum!
I have known you for over 3 years and it's nice to have another Brugmansia grower on board.
I sent started plants to Brugcrazy last week and from my door to her's took less than 48 hours by express post so this cross country trading is very 'doable'.
Nancy5
oshawa, ON
(Zone 5b)

September 14, 2001
3:34 AM

Post #127194

I am also here in Oshawa, Ontario. I would love to trade brugs with you. Nice to know there are some Canadian Brug lovers out there.

Let me know what you would like to trade for.

Nancy
pauljr64
Pierrefonds, QC
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2001
11:57 AM

Post #127898

Paul here in Quebec,hope we get a lot more canucks on this thread,would like to communicate with all of you and make some new friends.It's so much easier trading within Canada!

This message was edited Saturday, Sep 15th 7:59 AM
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2001
3:06 PM

Post #127982

Hi Paul, glad to see you FINALLY showed up! They're out there just kind of quiet this week.
Ladybug
Kingston, ON

September 15, 2001
7:37 PM

Post #128118

Hello, again.
I'm glad to have heard from all of you. I'll be trying to outguess the frost and get the plants dug up and into containers (gotta buy more potting soil!) before disaster hits them. There are 21 of them in the ground, some of them taller than I am, but most of them are smaller, right down to one baby that is only about 12" tall.
However, I hope to have a few cuttings to swap with each of you. It's potluck as they are from mixed hybrids, but I'm sure some of you will know what they are when you see a leaf, etc.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get my basement all ready for its'new tenants.
RA, you may have to tell me more about your Greenhouse, as I feel the need for one coming on!!! And you know I went and bought some more seeds, too...just to torment myself some more...LOL
Yes, Pauljr64, it is nice to see more Canucks getting together here. With the events of this past week, it may be even more difficult to get plants, etc. imported from the States.
My deepest sympathies go out to our neighbours South of the Border. Even here, in my small Canadian city, there are people who have been affected and/or hurt by the events of this past week.
Take care,
'..' Ladybug.
OrphanAnnie
Woodstock, ON
(Zone 6B)

November 15, 2001
10:38 PM

Post #163229

Hi folks, I just joined this forum and since brugs have become my new "thing" I went to the last thread and am working my way forward. Don't want to miss any of your good information. I have traded with some of you before and hope to trade with my new friends here too. I live in Woodstock, Ontario. All brugs have been brought inside for their sleep. (like skeletons, they good so awful)

Annie
joydie1
Hamilton
Canada

February 9, 2002
1:27 AM

Post #208023

Hi Ladybug and RA. RA you are just about 20 minutes from me. I now know Brugcrazy and Liz and OrphanAnnie. I think that Paul left the forum.
Joydie
amandac
Halifax County
Canada

February 18, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #6155377

There are Canadian Brug growers!!How Wonderful!! Some lovely gentleman from Ontario traded me a white brug rooted cutting which actually flowered. Unfortunately it died and I have not had another. Does anyone have any seeds that they would like to trade for other seeds or cuttings? I would love Painted Lady or Maya. I have a yellow lipstick plant which I think is very unusual and could take cuttings to root as well as other houseplants. Please let me know. Happy Brugging!!! Rosa emmi5ca@yahoo.com
Buttercup13
Calgary
Canada

March 3, 2009
9:44 AM

Post #6215043

Me me me me me in Calgary, I am also Brug crazy! Also Epiphyllums, cacti, succulents, bougs, etc. etc.

Bridget
Teresa_in_BC
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8a)

March 4, 2009
4:16 AM

Post #6218942

Most of these posts are 8 years old. LOL!

Which brugs do you have Buttercup? You're not too far from me.
Buttercup13
Calgary
Canada

April 12, 2009
8:28 AM

Post #6398552

Hey, I'm new to this forum, so I find it a challenge to find these threads sometimes! Yes, we seem to be the only ones here...

I have Taylor's Dawn, Salmon, Yellow, a Snowbush, a dozen or more crosses and a whole bag of various seeds I've not attempted yet because the last 2 tries died. Someone sent me instructions for Brugs, though, so hopefully this year will be better!

What have you got growing? Do you have a lot of greenhouses carrying them around you? They are almost impossible to find here. Datura only, if you're lucky. I did get some triple purple Datura seeds over the winter that I'm excited about though.

Bridget
janet59
Brampton
Canada

August 9, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #6926110

I love brugs, and have one plant from a neighbour who cultivates and sells them. It took a year to bloom, and I was ecstatic! but putting it into the ground this summer, we pruned so much back it looked like it died, though small leaves are coming back now. I'll be back to see how all you fellow Canadians are doing with this beautiful plant! Hopefully I will get better at growing mine...

Thumbnail by janet59
Click the image for an enlarged view.

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
2:28 AM

Post #6932818

Hi All! It's nice to see so may who are brug crazy in Canada!

Here's my yellow Brugmansia suaveolens getting ready to bloom!

It has 50 buds and counting! I'm so excited!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
2:29 AM

Post #6932827

I have 6 different brugs and 7 in total.

Heres Rubirosa x Peanut getting ready to bloom for the first time. I can't wait to see what it looks like!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
2:30 AM

Post #6932834

helps to attach the pic

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
2:31 AM

Post #6932853

And heres a varigiated brug growing with 'Bishop's Childern' Dahlias

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 11, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #6934473

Pretty Dahlias! I just "got into" growing Dahlias this year, thanks to a DG buddy of mine in Calgary ^_^

~Susan~
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
4:57 PM

Post #6934760

Thanks Susan! Here's a 'Fireworks' Dahlia form T&M

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 14, 2009
7:13 PM

Post #6946478

hey Buttercup - which part of Calgary are you in?
I'm in NE, near Deerfoot & 16 NE ^-^
I'm growing Brugs for the 1st time, and only have 1, which I'll need to bring in this fall of course...
It didn't bloom yet, but it's a baby still

-Susan-
skylon
st catharines
Canada

August 15, 2009
5:43 AM

Post #6948425

Hi everybody,,,count me in
I'm in Niagara Falls Ontario
Maryanne

Thumbnail by skylon

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 15, 2009
8:14 PM

Post #6950128

I like your brug Maryanne! Do you know it's name? It looks like my NOID brug in the back of the pot with the dahlias.

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Lizzie47
Sudbury
Canada

March 19, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #7640412

Bumping this up, hoping to get more current information!

Count me in, from Sudbury, here!

Lizzie
Teresa_in_BC
Victoria, BC
(Zone 8a)

April 1, 2010
8:50 PM

Post #7673395

Here's my newest bloom, Whiskers.

Thumbnail by Teresa_in_BC

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 2, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7675271

Wow - what a beauty!!

♫♪~žusan~♪♫
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #7675860

I have a large brug cutting that spent the winter in the cellar and brought it out into warmth and light nearly 2 months ago and now it has tiny buds on it! If all goes well I should have blooms by the end of April! Here's what it looked like last year.

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 2, 2010
10:31 PM

Post #7676089

Love that pretty "blush" on the petals, in the sunshine! ^_^
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #7677664

Thank-you Susan! She is as pretty in person as in the photo :D
HHSmyth
Woodstock ON
Canada

August 7, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #8025839

Hi all - new to Dave's Garden - I have two brugs. Would love to have more but winter storage is an issue... Looking to get a white to go with my beautiful pink. Might be pink frost? Don't know... bought it from eBay maybe five years ago.

Thumbnail by HHSmyth

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM
Things I learned today Calalily 41 Jan 5, 2009 11:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America