Rug Hooking

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Are there any traditional rug hookers out there? I've got a friend who is just learning, and she'd love to connect with others.

=0)

Humansville, MO

no but i would like to learn
elle

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Have you heard of Rug Hooking Magazine? It's a great resource. I'm a beginner, but taught myself using a couple of ready made kits which are really helpful for learning.
Now I'm trying to expand a little... I was trying to get some feedback on the different types of frames.

chayashosh

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I used to do a lot of rug hooking but from a pattern printed on the canvas, I don't like the ones where you have to count across on a blank canvas. I can't find any that I can hook from a printed pattern in my area.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I have used a kit that I bought at Hobby Lobby(first project), the second I found some online and ordered. There are a number of sites selling kits with pre printed designs if you google Traditional rug hooking. This last rpoject, I'm using an old burlap chilisack with a good design. That's kind of fun. so, no counting in any of these.

What kind of frame did you use? there are some new ones that seem to use a kind of velcro that attaches to the frame. I think I would lke this and am just wondering if anyone else has tried it?

chayashosh

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I don't use a frame..I like to fold them on my lap..it makes it easier for me to do & I can do it while watching tv. I used to order from mary Maxim..but they don't always have good yarn..I like the thick yarn.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

There's been more response in another forum, so please join us there...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/939907/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images