Photo by Melody

Article: Herbal Remedies for Cold & Flu Symptoms: What's For Dinner?: Great Article+ some added info

Communities > Forums > Article: Herbal Remedies for Cold & Flu Symptoms: What's For Dinner?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Herbal Remedies for Cold & Flu Symptoms: What's For Dinner?Replies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Prophetic2
Wilmington, DE

January 5, 2009
4:18 PM

Post #5968985

Loved your article- been using much of the herbs for many years now. However, there is one thing that I found out quite by accident while doing a research paper for my re-training degree at the local college. That is, that using FLUORIDATED water to cook with, leaches 700- 800% more aluminum from non-stick surfaces, and that either one of the chemicals can really compromise your immune system. Fluoride is concentrated- not destroyed- by boiling- so using it in the preparation of these herbs should NOT be recommended. I will not put my full treatise here (no room) but will give a very quick nutshell. It destroys 63 enzymes on contact. Our bodies live on enzymes and the digestive system is "usually" the first to be effected. It was used in the late 1930's to burn out overactive thyroids but was discontinued because of MANY side effects that were even known way back then (can you say epidemic of obesity in the last 60 years?). It has been linked to ADHD, IQ deficits, behavioral disorders, and cancer in young boys.
I can't begin to put the whole thing here, but I can reference you to a site that I use for more information on the subject. It is not the only one, but it is by far the largest, and the best documented site out there. This is NOT a bunch of fly-by-niters. It's contributors include a Nobel Prize winner in Medicine. The site: http://www.fluoridealert.org
It might be good to include some info on this in future articles, but that is just my suggestion. My opinion plus $1.35 will get you a cup of coffee.
Blessings!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2009
5:53 PM

Post #5969395

Prophetic2, I'm not aware of the entire fluoride issue, but know it's not good for us in high doses, and neither is aluminum. In this matter, our only control stems from the cookware we use and the water we choose to consume. I'll look into the fluoridated water vs. cooking herbs issue in the near future.

I appreciate your reading the article and your comments.
Thanks,
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Herbal Remedies for Cold & Flu Symptoms: What's For Dinner? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
chicken soup for the soul randbponder 7 Jan 1, 2009 8:17 PM
Bacteria vs. viruses tucsonjill 8 Jan 2, 2009 3:17 AM
Great article roybird 3 Jan 2, 2009 8:20 PM
Loved it! pdhickey 1 Jan 6, 2009 1:58 AM
Timely articles teresaramsey 1 Jan 19, 2009 2:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America