Photo by Melody

Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering: Gardening flowers, bulbs & seed catalogs

Communities > Forums > Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering
bookmark
Forum: Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG GatheringReplies: 4, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Plantedz
Marlborough, MA
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #5980917

Happy Thursday - January 8, 2009!

I've been receiving a lot of plant catalogs and yes, the pictures are all so beautiful and there are many plants listed that are just different from any other plants I've seen in my neighborhood (making them more desireable). Do you have any success stories with any particular catalogs?

PlantedZ
Zone 6

Thumbnail by Plantedz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2009
2:13 PM

Post #5980952

Happy Thursday to you, too!

I'd suggest checking out the companies whose catalogs interest you in DG's Garden Watchdog. Reputations can change over time if companies are bought or sold or just encounter problems, so I check there even if I've ordered from them before. The fact that comments are posted along with ratings will give you a good idea of which companies are the better ones... and there's a "top 30" list, too!

Enjoy planning your spring planting!
Plantedz
Marlborough, MA
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2009
2:25 PM

Post #5981007

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty new to Dave's website and not use to all the "tricks of the trade" yet.

I'm so looking forward to the planting season! Our winter has been brutal!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2009
5:16 PM

Post #5981675

Welcome to DG! Keep exploring... you'll be amazed at the wealth of info and resources here.

Think Spring!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 9, 2009
1:53 AM

Post #5983448

Hi planted! I'm not too too far away from you - welcome!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
oh boy onewish1 2 Jan 8, 2009 2:11 PM
Nice phicks 1 Jan 8, 2009 10:03 PM
Clever Idea! SingingWolf 7 Jan 10, 2009 3:54 AM
Plant Sale for our Botanical Garden GardenerdMom 1 Jan 14, 2009 1:24 PM
SIXTH year for our "Think Spring!" swap critterologist 0 Feb 19, 2013 7:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America