Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

TENT FRAME

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

If anyone has an old tent frame they would like to get rid of Please let me know
Thanks

Editedfor size.
It has to be at least 7 ft high in the center.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2009 12:54 PM

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I haven't had a tent with a frame in 40 years. Have you considered Plastic tubing. All of mine are fiberglass and hooked by bungie cords. What are you looking for?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I mean the kind like what you said. I have to have something that is flexable . We have the same kind of tent too, but I want one like it but where maybe the fabric has been damaged and some one just wants to get rid of it. We still use our so I can't just tear it up to do what I want and I just thought maybe someone out there had one they wanted to get rid of.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Our tent has a fixed frame. It is shaped like a house.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

We use to have one of those too but we wore it out many years ago. If I had known at the time I would have kept the frame cause it would have done what I need it for. We have a big dome type tent now that we use for camping. I keep talking about camping and that makes me wish more that spring was here,LOL. Oh I'll find one some time in the near future, at a yard sale or fleamarket and I'll get it.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Did you find a tent frame yet?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

No I haven't. I didn't realize finding one would be this hard LOL. Usually some one has got one that the shell has worn out and they just throw it away, buttttttttttttttttt.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Flower, you might want to try posting on Craig's List, or free cycle.
DeeS

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I have it posted on freecycle and I went to craigs list and didn't see anywhere to do anything like that.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

There's a "wanted" category, that you can post it on, at Craig's list.
Dee

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Have you tried Thrift Shops or Antique/Junk Shops? They seem to have everything. isn't it funny what one can put to use? What do you have in mind? We may want to streal your idea! LOL!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I want to make a small green house out of it. I figured if I could find a frame that was anywhere from 7 to 10 feet wide and at least 7 foot center I could put plastic on it and make me another GH. What do you think? Good idea?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you get much wind?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Fabulous idea. I saw where someone on the tomato forum (?) used a frame and bubble wrap! Made a nice snug greenhouse o extend the season, then could just be peeled off as it warmed up. We gardeners are clever people, especially when $$$-challenged!

I hope you will keep us posted!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I have posted it everywhere and haven't come up with anything yet, but I am still hoping I'll find one somwhere or someplace.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.