Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering: Clever Idea!

Communities > Forums > Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering
bookmark
Forum: Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG GatheringReplies: 7, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
4:50 AM

Post #5984080

Critter,
You always seem to have the best ideas! Thanks for a charming idea. Like the idea of a seed swap party much better than a tea party. Good tips on how to keep everything flowing smoothly while still getting the task accomplished within a given time frame. Great article!
WIB!
SW
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2009
3:31 PM

Post #5984944

Thanks! Actually, last year's swap started as a tea party (with seed swapping), LOL... but I got sick and decided I wasn't quite up to hosting at my place after all, so we turned it into a "Chinese tea party" at the restaurant! That worked out well. :-)
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
7:27 PM

Post #5985806

Critter:
The only tea parties I get invited to are fundraisers, with boring and pretentious people. I am more down to earth and don't have much patience with pretentious people. I'd rather just give a donation to a worthy cause than waste time with people who only care about how much I can add to their coffers. Especially when I could be out in the garden. : )
I'm sure any tea party thrown by you would be lively, full of interesting conversation, and full of lots of fun and laughter! : )
Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! : ) Well done Critter!
WIB,
SW
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2009
7:48 PM

Post #5985866

If you ever manage to get out this way, I'll throw a tea party in your honor -- and it'll be a fun one! :-)
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2009
8:22 PM

Post #5985964

I'm sure it would. I know us critter people are simpatico! : )
How far away is Rhode Island from you? You never know. I might be headed out that way some day to do more research on a book.
Same goes for you, if you ever make it out my way, we probably won't have a tea party, but we'll do something special! : )
WIB,
SW
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #5986423

LOL... it doesn't have to be a tea party, we just need to get together if we're in the same area!

I think Rhode Island is pretty far from us, maybe 500 miles?
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2009
3:22 AM

Post #5987419

Rats!
WIB,
SW
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2009
3:54 AM

Post #5987576

I just checked mapquest, to be sure... 417 miles from Frederick to Providence. Rats!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Eating Lunch and Swapping Seeds: How to Host an Easy and Successful DG Gathering Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
oh boy onewish1 2 Jan 8, 2009 2:11 PM
Gardening flowers, bulbs & seed catalogs Plantedz 4 Jan 9, 2009 1:53 AM
Nice phicks 1 Jan 8, 2009 10:03 PM
Plant Sale for our Botanical Garden GardenerdMom 1 Jan 14, 2009 1:24 PM
SIXTH year for our "Think Spring!" swap critterologist 0 Feb 19, 2013 7:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America