Photo by Melody

Article: Brody glassware for your buds, bulbs, and branches: It will be all yourt fault, sally

Communities > Forums > Article: Brody glassware for your buds, bulbs, and branches
bookmark
Forum: Article: Brody glassware for your buds, bulbs, and branchesReplies: 3, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2009
5:16 PM

Post #6012695

--if I start buying these florist vases...Actually, like you, I think I already have some...
Oh, Lord, help me not to !!!!!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2009
5:59 PM

Post #6012871

Gita- LOL---let's just say if you want something to put your flowers in, it might be worth shopping thrift for old stuff. Some is pretty, and its unique. Some is like the new stuff at Target but cheaper! Of course check carefully for chips. I am still kicking myself for a really unique iridescent footed bowl I left in the store, only to see something similar in a glass collector book. AAaGGHH

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2009
1:06 AM

Post #6014528

Sally--
I buy 80% of all my clothes in Thrift Shops--as HD does not require anyone to look "chic"...Matter of fact--grubby is OK too--just NO sweat pants and NO T-shirts. Also--NO open heeled, or open toed, shoes. Safety issue...

About twice a year, I go to favorite "Value Village" (they are so neat in there!) and look through EVERY rack and replenish my wardrobe. Then--what I have tired of--I give away to Good Will...Wish I was a smaller size--I am "L" or "XL" (now that everything has Spandex in it) the selection would be so much bigger...

I do think the GW Thrift Stores are getting a bit pricey as they are now "Super Stores" in Shopping Centers with high overhead. Also--whoever does the pricing--needs to have their heads examined! So ridiculously high--sometimes...and--so ridiculously low at other times.

EX: I got a brand new, SS double-shelved Spice rack (still in the box) for $4 at Good Will. What a DEAL!!!! Then--there will be a cheap, florists, glass vase--for $3!
Someone's old jeans--for $6.50????? Get real! UGH! etc...etc...etc...

My house is so full of "stuff"--I do not need to start any other collections...:o)

Gita

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2009
1:07 PM

Post #6015654

Yup , there are worthwhile things when you browse. Don't collect, I'll give you one if you like it!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Brody glassware for your buds, bulbs, and branches Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
enjoyed this article Dutchlady1 5 Jan 16, 2009 5:56 PM
Thanks for the info celia 1 Jan 16, 2009 2:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America