-
AuthorContent
Sami
Corapeake, NC
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2009
10:19 PM

Post #6017365

My client has colonial pictures of his ancestors etched on glass. They are in a leather bond frame about the size 2 by 4 frame and some are oval shaped. Also some small albums and the pictures are about one inch by 2 unches high. Never seen anything like thes before. He is 92 and it is pictures of his mothers parents. I would send pics of them but he had a hot water heater to burst and had to send them out to be cleaned. Was wondering if anyone has ever seen any of these

Sami
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #6017934

I've seen the real small pictures. They blow up (with photoshop) real well. Lots of detail in those little things. I blew some up back in '73 that were still clear at 10X12. He could get those blown even larger, if he wants.
The ones etched on glass are new to me...
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2009
1:29 AM

Post #6017952

Yes - they are not colonial but they are very old. They could be Ambrotype or Dauguerreotype they are very old (1800s)and worth treating right, we have several of our family portraits this way and they are very fragil. The smaller are Tin Types - most likly, have have a bunch of these and they are eaiser to keep and take care of.
Sami
Corapeake, NC
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2009
3:46 PM

Post #6019602

Thanks everyone for the info. I have them now out to be taken care of since the water damage.

Sami

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America