Admin Help for Sticky in the Seed Germination Forum Please

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We would like to have a germination spreadsheet as a sticky please. Thanks. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/943821/#new

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

They may see your request here and take care of it, but I think to get things "stickied" the best thing to do is use the "contact us" link and send them your request and the link to the thread.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ohh where is that link ecrane3? Thanks.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It's on the bottom of every page.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ohhh I never noticed it before. Thanks ecrane3.

Monticello, IA

any success getting the admins to create a germination spreadsheet? I've seen so many request for it and it's just now getting into sowning season :)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You're probably thinking of the wintersowing database that was set up last year as part of Plant Files--if you look up a plant in PF there'll be a link to view wintersowing info on it. The sticky that dahlianut is requesting is a thread where some people are working on a spreadsheet for starting things normally, not wintersowing.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

At one point, Dave mentioned expanding the winter sowing database to include other seed germination info also. But since improving the WS database is still somewhere on his to-do list (I think), expanding it to other info is probably pretty far into the future.

Not necessarily. I'd be happy to expand it into a Germination Database if the desire was there. I just don't want to put a lot of effort into it unless it's really going to be used. :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

YES! Loads of desire, here. I think it would be a fabulous resource.

It would also help meanwhile if we could possibly upgrade the WS database... put a link in the "Guides & Info" tab so people can find it, maybe make it searchable... or at least insert the botanical name before the common name... having it be alphabetical according to the *not visible* botanical name is pretty confusing, especially if you're new to it.

Sorry, I've probably segued onto a whole other topic.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O dear I've been hyjacked to WS sigh. That's ok. There is much more participation there that on the 'Seed Gerimination' Forum and I think Dave and Admin should spend their time where it will benefit the most members.Unfortunately the germination periods for WS aren't useful for warm germination. Anyhoo if anybody gets any time we would luv a sticky for a Germination Spreadsheet in the 'Seed Germination' Forum. Thanks muchly.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

'Seed Germination' desperately needs a resource like that, dahlia... Is there an existing spreadsheet you're trying to sticky as a link or thread, or are you asking Dave to make a database for germination info? Either way, I'm with you!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes there is an existing spreadsheet that a member made and has been updating as other members have been providing info. We just need an Admin with StickyPower to put it at the top as a Sticky. Thanks for your support Critter. I think this will be a useful tool for all DGers. Once its there it will be a great link for all forums when seeding questions come up. Check it out. I will add alot of perennials to it if it becomes a Sticky.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Have you been over to the forum recently? The thread got "stickied" sometime during the day today, I noticed it when I got home from work a few hours ago.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

cool! I will check it out!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WHOOOO HOOOOO! WE HAVE A STICKY! Thanks everso Dave and Admin!!!!!! We're a small Forum so we really appreciate your time to do this.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images