Free peacocks in Texas, pickup only.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I have three peacocks that I do not need in my breeding program anymore. This is on a first come bases. By that I do not mean first one to D-mail me I mean first one to come to my house and pick it up. All three are what is called a Spalding, which is a cross between a India Blue and a Java Green. One is a Silver Pied, one is a Dark Purple Pied and the third is a high percentage Green. All are cocks and this is pickup only.

Thumbnail by kenboy
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Kenboy, they are beautiful. I am sure you will find a great home for them.
Good luck. Jeanmarie

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Where is Big Sand?

Clarkson, KY

Think Georgetown to Tyler....

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I wish!

Clarkson, KY

How well do peacocks transfer? (Speaking of I WISH!!) The DGer I'm chicken sitting for is in Texas for a couple months min...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

ohhhh! I smell a plan in the works!

Ferndale, WA

Don't anyone tell Harm: Her poor D H is on a respirator already.

Clarkson, KY

Thus far we've been able (largely) to turn my animal projects into cost effective ummm...pleasures. Until the chickens stopped laying they paid for themselves and the goats. So DH doesn't spend too much time on the respirator...but I don't have peacocks, geese, sheep, pigs, or llamas yet.....or bunnies.

Edited to add "Oh and of course, ducks!!"

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009 6:29 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

So many animals!!! So many new experiences...to be had! yippyy!

Clarkson, KY

I've been had by animal-itis..Have you been had?

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

LOL

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Scratch that itch! Just do it!!!!

Clarkson, KY

Lordy -it IS like fleas!!! Help?!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL!!! Not that kinda itch!! ;)

(Zone 7b)

Who says i have too many animals why i have yet to get a goat or a sheep does'nt mean i don't want one. I just haven't got around to getting them yet and yes i been looking for Call Ducks all day and i think i found some.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

We are 30 miles north of Tyler. I have been breeding peafowl for 25 years and I just wished I could make enough to pay the feed bill.

Clarkson, KY

They are absolutely beautiful and I would love to give them a home, but I fear getting them here would be a hardship...

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Aww, Harmony! I miss the call ducks that I used to have-stupid fishercat got them. :-(
They used to fly over to my uncle's pond for the day, then fly home in the evening. Loved their calling.

(Zone 7b)

Sue I had never seen them before and i love bantys and when i saw them i thought "cool" banty ducks.
I have already designed a pen in my head for the pair i hope to get.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

You're gonna love them. :-)
The man we got ours from used to raise them-momma is very protective! Unfortunately he hurt his back and no longer raises them.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I wish I lived closer to TX. They are gorgeous!

(Zone 7b)

Sue I'm really looking forward to finding some all the hatcherys don't sell them anymore:(

I will just have to ask around the chicken circles here and try and find some:)

Foley, MO

If I were closer I'd take them in a heartbeat.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

We have had Call ducks almost as long a peafowl. We only raise a few each year but we will always have them, they are just too cute. Here is some of our 2003 hatch. All three peacocks are still up for grabs.

Thumbnail by kenboy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Here are a few of the differant colors.

Thumbnail by kenboy

I could've made it there by now.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

kenboy, call ducks, oh I've wanted to get some call ducks. Mainly for working my collies, well and plus they are just so darn cute... The runner duck just crack me up with their long body.... The call ducks have caught my eye for some time now... but we had to give up our farm due to DH loss of job and us moving to the north.....

Janet

Googling to see how far from Fort Worth.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

We are 135 miles east of Fort Worth and about a 11 hour drive from GA.

Clarkson, KY

It's a mere 721mi drive for me....siiighhh...

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_list_181.htm
Harmony, this hatchery sells the call ducks

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

You could do it in a weekend! Piece of cake.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Ok, just checked out the different varieties of call ducks and Meyer has them listed but apparently they are sold out at the moment and aren't taking backorders. Maybe you could call and find out if they have an estimation on when they might be available again.

We had the Gray Call Ducks. Their pen was 6' tall and 14' x 20'; they would fly around inside when they were penned. Hope you can find some-their call alone would make us crack up laughing whenever we heard it.

(Zone 7b)

Sue I Emailed Meyer about the ducks and it will be July before they have them :(

Kenboy You got my heart raceing with all those cute ducks. I have a question concerning them the gentleman breeder at the show said they were hard to hatch. Said out of 100 eggs they might get 20 to hatch is this true i mean i only want a pair but babys would be nice??

(Zone 7b)

Bumping i need a answer from kenboy on the Call Duck question above.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, Call ducks are not easy to hatch. They are also not heavy layers so some years you will have slim pickings. We only breed a few colors now.

(Zone 7b)

So do i let them hatch thier eggs or incubate them?? Do they hatch better brooded or in the incu i do want them to hatch??

How many will they lay then go broody?? Yes i have questions lots of question.

I bet yall think i'm kidding about the ducks nope this i'm going to do ^_^

what are call ducks?

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

They are a small talkative domestic duck...and they are too cute for words!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.