Photo by Melody

Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.: Thanks my new friend!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.Replies: 18, Views: 92
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
booplants
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2009
2:24 PM

Post #6027880

Ah, Sharon, thanks for a wonderful article about my obsession with old magazines and seed catalogs~ It was fun reading it ...and in agreement, I have a new friend!

My heart skipped a few beats when I read you tossed out those old mags...I love finding them at garage sales even now. I won't mention my stacks of them in the garage. :-)

I am planning to get onto Dave's Marketplace with the bulbs as I have been selling them at a steady pace for a couple of months now. I was surprised and excited when a retail shop placed a wholesale order last week and decided they needed a name: Watt's New was officially born!

Thanks again Sharon! Start cutting!
Boo
(aka Becky)

Thumbnail by booplants
Click the image for an enlarged view.

roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #6028273

Boo...What a nice articel that Sharon did...I plan on trying this art as soon as I get time...youknow'''Retired...and busier than ever!!"

What's on my agenda for today?...Unpacking suitcase as I just got home from a week in San Diego with my DGD that's in the Navy...OH...Cake decorating class tonight...

(Hi Sharon...You're just precious...LOL) Jo
booplants
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2009
4:39 PM

Post #6028369

Thanks Jo!
And I want to see yours posted here where others have been posting theirs! It's a chatty thread...got very carried away into other avenues but still, it's been a fun one.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930254/

Thumbnail by booplants
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6028397

Morning, Boo...
I am so glad you liked the article, and again, thank you so much for all your time and for being such an inspiration.

Don't worry, my table has been covered in magazines for a month now...scissors, modge podge, and wire all over.

Thanks also for the link to your site and for allowing me to use it. Those who check it out are in for a treat.

Morning Jo...
Glad to see you here...and *you're so precious*, too!!!

You ladies have a nice day.
Sharon
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

January 20, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #6028477

Boo,

Your artwork and projects are amazing! I followed the thread Sharon wrote about. I'm not very crafty so haven't tried it out yet. My wife may want to give it a go though. Like you, I collect and save vintage magazines. My pride and joy is a Woman's World from the month and year the Titanic sank.

Sharon, you do have a lovely way with words and it is so wonderful you shared Boo's exceptional skills with all of Dave's. You are lovely.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6028509

Hi Benny,
I hope your wife will like Boo's project idea, too. Let us know what she does with catalogs.

And thank you, you have a way with words, too!
Sharon
booplants
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2009
5:55 PM

Post #6028533

You are all the best...come over for Chocolate Rasberrry Chili at my house tonight!!!

My daughter asked me once recently, sort of joking, "Mom, where are we going to eat Christmas Dinner?" My table was also covered with magazines and all my supplies!
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
7:19 PM

Post #6028851

What an interesting article, a great topic, written by a creative person writing about another creative person! Way to go!

And Booplants, thanks for sharing your unique talent on DG. Pretty cool, I say! And congrats on your success with the light bulb sales, too. Why I can just see you moving from lamp bulbs to flood lights, maybe to long skinny fluorescent bulbs (think "wind chime imitations" that DON'T clink together but rather offer "music for the eye"!).

Thanks to both of you, Sharron and Boo. Again, a very pleasant read about a much needed and enjoyable craft!

Shoe
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
7:28 PM

Post #6028876

Hello Shoe,
You certainly have a wonderful way with words. And what an idea...chimes, music for the eye! Only you would think of that.

Thank you, my friend, it is great to hear from you again. I am waiting to see what Boo comes up with to create your *eye music*. Bet it will be fun.

Sharon
booplants
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2009
9:39 PM

Post #6029238

OH Yeah Shoe!!!

My brain is hurting from thinking about fluorescents ...a long time to create but how gorgeous for the garden! Okay, I shall rise to the cahllenge! :-)

I was given giant 12"bulbs from a store and I can't wait to play with those. I'll show you later...
newhobby
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2009
11:34 PM

Post #6029636

Way to go Boo!!! The article was very well written and the pictures to die for! So glad she found you and used you!!
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

January 21, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6030034

This is so exciting! I am on a high learning curve about the SW as a future Snowbird and 'met' Boo on the SW Forum. I think this is so wonderful Sharron that you have written about her talented idea so all DG members can try this. I tried 2 lightbulbs and being craft-challenged person had a few glue problems (little flowers glued to the fingers, glued to the hair, glued to the workspace, glued to the cat oops) HOWEVER I am going to try one with buttons and bigger pictures next. GO FOR IT craft-y and craft-challenged peoples! It's really fun to try!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #6030167

How funny! Dahlia, darlin'...but you sure do dance well. Now it wouldn't be fair if you were incredibly talented in both art and dance, would it?

I did see you on Boo's thread, and heard of your fiascos with glue, but I am looking forward to seeing a finished one with what...maybe buttons and bows?? Maybe snow dancers?

Thanks for writing, my friend. And yep, Boo is awesome-ly great.

Sharon
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
3:43 AM

Post #6030626

"I was given giant 12"bulbs from a store and I can't wait to play with those. I'll show you later..."

Oh m'goo'ness! Looking forward to the pics! (I wonder where her thoughts, and talent, will take her next, Folks!)

Happy Day to All,
Shoe
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
4:00 AM

Post #6030683

Shoe...this sounds like a lot of fun. Do you mean the round bulbs or the long tubular ones?
booplants
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 21, 2009
5:11 AM

Post #6030870

Sharon, that was me..Shoe was quoting me. :-)
I have the 12' bulbs. they are funky in shape...will take photos tomorrow.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
5:16 AM

Post #6030875

OK, can't wait!
goofybulb
El Paso, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 21, 2009
5:24 AM

Post #6030887

What a party here, in the honor of two lovely and talented ladies! Congratulations for the captivating reads, both the thread and the article! And thank you!
Alexandra
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
5:28 AM

Post #6030893

Hi Alex,
Thank you so much for popping in. I am glad you enjoyed the article.
Boo is for sure a great subject, and I was lucky to corner her long enough to get the article done.

It's always good to hear from you.
Thanks
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A great gift daylilydaddy 14 Jan 21, 2009 10:11 AM
wow! lizrainey 1 Jan 20, 2009 4:48 PM
Yet another add on to my 'to-do' list! Bettypauze 3 Jan 20, 2009 11:59 PM
yup phicks 1 Jan 20, 2009 11:57 PM
I am inspired! Procrastinator 4 Jan 21, 2009 12:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America