Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.: Yet another add on to my 'to-do' list!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.Replies: 3, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 20, 2009
8:28 PM

Post #6029050

Love the projects shown, although I have no seed magazines I do have plenty of scrapbooking paper waiting for the scissors...

Thanks Shar, as always, very informative and well written.. Can sure relate to magazines from 1999 though!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
8:42 PM

Post #6029084

Hi Betty...
So good to hear from you. One word of caution about the scrapbooking paper, some of it might be too thick or stiff to adhere easily. I know, because I tried it. That's why it's best to use magazines or catalogs.

It sure is a fun project to do during these cold dark evenings of January.

Thanks so much for reading the article.
Stay warm.
Sharon
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

January 20, 2009
11:29 PM

Post #6029611

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? I don't save seed catalogues but I do have a couple Stoke's Tropicals and Shreiner's Irises catalogues around somewhere. I am a total packrat. Some people want to remodel the kitchen or bathroom or add on a family room. I'd like a basement.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
11:59 PM

Post #6029800

Could be Kelli...
I would almost give up part of my garden for a basement.

And I also do the same thing with Birds and Blooms magazines, I think I must have every one that was ever published.

Maybe it is a good thing there are a few states between us, ya think??
Thanks for the chuckle.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A great gift daylilydaddy 14 Jan 21, 2009 10:11 AM
wow! lizrainey 1 Jan 20, 2009 4:48 PM
Thanks my new friend! booplants 18 Jan 21, 2009 5:28 AM
yup phicks 1 Jan 20, 2009 11:57 PM
I am inspired! Procrastinator 4 Jan 21, 2009 12:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America