Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.: I am inspired!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art.Replies: 4, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

January 20, 2009
11:27 PM

Post #6029604

What a fabulous article. I am so inspired! Now that I have a craft/sewing/seed/plant room I am going to put this on my list of do-ables. This looks like so much fun. And what if I goof up? Nothing much lost and it will be a learning lesson.

Thanks for the shot of adrenaline I needed this time of year. The sky is the limit.

Hugs Elaine and Otis
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6029791

Oh Wow!!! Your enthusiasm is great, just what I wanted to happen, because that is exactly how I felt too when I ran across the thread.

Also great that you have a craft/sewing/seed/plant room...I have one that is slowly becoming that very thing.

When you get your light bulb treasures finished, you'll have to let us see.

Thanks for writing,
Sharon
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

January 21, 2009
12:11 AM

Post #6029836

You got a deal Sharon. And any other great projects you discover, please share. I just love the way this article makes me feel. Like anything is possible.

Thanks again

Elaine and Otis
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #6029852

In one of the other threads, Horseshoe posted that the long utility bulbs, those that are maybe 12" long, would be great to hang like chimes, but wthout touching each other. Just to hang like chimes hang. Wouldn't that be great?

Sometimes I luck upon something like this and can't wait to get my hands on it. I have only one light bulb left, I keep thinking if I turn my hall light off and on repeatedly, I'll have another bulb!

So yes, I'll share with you what I find. Also, Zhinusmom's victorian ornaments are wonderful, too..so now I am searching for that style flowers to use for making some of them, too. But the catalog bulbs, I'll be hanging from my large plants.

Yep, I know exactly how you feel.
S
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

January 21, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #6029875

Sharran - Thanks! I can't wait to get my obligations over with today so I can put on my thinking cap. Maybe I can get in touch with the pet store that has several lights in their aquariums. They would be happy to give away their burnt out lights. Oh let me think. I know that there are other sources out there. Maybe knock on the neighbour's door and ask to borrow a cup of burnt out light bulbs. Okay. Now that is just silly.

I'll think with a fresh brain tomorrow then look out world. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks again

Elaine and Otis

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wait! Don't throw those plant catalogs away! Turn them into Garden Art. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A great gift daylilydaddy 14 Jan 21, 2009 10:11 AM
wow! lizrainey 1 Jan 20, 2009 4:48 PM
Thanks my new friend! booplants 18 Jan 21, 2009 5:28 AM
Yet another add on to my 'to-do' list! Bettypauze 3 Jan 20, 2009 11:59 PM
yup phicks 1 Jan 20, 2009 11:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America