Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Frost Heave: Preparing for Winter: strawberries

Communities > Forums > Article: Frost Heave: Preparing for Winter
bookmark
Forum: Article: Frost Heave: Preparing for WinterReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doone
Ocala, FL

January 21, 2009
11:33 PM

Post #6033646

We are getting a hard freeze in Florida tonight (19-22degrees). Do we have to leave a sprinkler system run on our strawberry plants all night long? Is there anything else that can be done to save them. Thanks
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2010
4:19 PM

Post #7451804

Be careful that your sprinkler system doesn't freeze up. That would likely burst the pipes. Strawberries can take some frost although a sudden change in temperature is another thing entirely. But even if the present leaves get killed - you should get new ones soon enough.

I do feel for you guys down in 'sunny' Florida! Our neighbors, whos' house is sitting in piles of snow 'escape' down to your part of the world in the winter. Find one of the many Canadians there on holiday - they should be able to answer all you frost related questions!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Frost Heave: Preparing for Winter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Frost heave Hemophobic 6 Nov 22, 2008 7:23 PM
How late to mulch lizpadjen 2 Aug 23, 2009 11:04 AM
too late to mulch for me! binibusybee 0 Jan 11, 2010 4:33 PM
Haunt the Christmas tree lots keferraro 0 Nov 14, 2011 4:31 PM
Lost my broccoli to this! jmc1987 0 Nov 29, 2013 9:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America