Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Lesser-known Hardy Ericaceous Shrubs, Part 1: Andromeda to Gaylussacia: Walnuts

Communities > Forums > Article: The Lesser-known Hardy Ericaceous Shrubs, Part 1: Andromeda to Gaylussacia
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Lesser-known Hardy Ericaceous Shrubs, Part 1: Andromeda to GaylussaciaReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

January 22, 2009
10:48 PM

Post #6037883

I've been told that walnut trees poison these plants. Do you have any information that would be correct on this? Since I have a "forest" of walnuts, I don't spend money on hedges and shrubs that can't stand their poison. Thank you. Again a great article and beautiful photos.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

January 23, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #6038173

In my understanding walnuts are toxic to most plants, not just ericaceous ones.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Lesser-known Hardy Ericaceous Shrubs, Part 1: Andromeda to Gaylussacia Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Want part 2 kathy65468 0 Jan 17, 2009 5:33 PM
g. ovatifolia cranei 1 Jan 20, 2009 4:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America