Photo by Melody

Article: Banking on Diversity: Have you saved a seed lately?: Important and informative

Communities > Forums > Article: Banking on Diversity: Have you saved a seed lately?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Banking on Diversity: Have you saved a seed lately?Replies: 4, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

January 23, 2009
12:34 PM

Post #6039660

Larry: Your article about seed saving was both of the above. I'm just beginning to realize how vital it is for us to preserve all plants, especially natives and heirloom veggies. The taste alone of the heirloom veggies should be sufficient to convince any doubter of the importance of these efforts.

Thank you.
duchessdreams
Reno, NV

January 23, 2009
5:03 PM

Post #6040671

From some of the reading I've done, this has already turned out useful. There was some sort of disease killing corn. Luckly the wild corn that had been in a seed bank was resistant. That one time saved a bunch of people from faceing starvation and death.

Great artical.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2009
7:10 PM

Post #6041170

Valuable article, Larry.
Thanks.
bookworm28
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2009
10:55 PM

Post #6042168

Very interesting article - glad to know there are so many different seed banks. Thanks so much.
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #6046757

Thanks, all, for your kind comments. As you can tell, the topic of this article is near and dear to my heart. I tried to include many different kinds of links, so readers could explore some of the many facets of seed saving. Best--Larry

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Banking on Diversity: Have you saved a seed lately? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice Mrs_Ed 1 Jan 23, 2009 4:02 PM
Excellent... Sundownr 5 Jan 25, 2009 12:53 AM
Interesting Aunt_A 1 Jan 25, 2009 12:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America