aTutorial In the making

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Since there has been so much interest in the beading that I do on the gourds I have decided to creat a tutorial on the process. I will start this project in hopes of sharing my knowledge and experience with all of you that have show an interest in this art form. I will inform you when I complete it and leave it as a legacy of the gourdbeader.
Jan

Crossville, TN

Great...Although I will never attempt to do this...I love reading about it. Jo

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Looking forward to it, beader!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I am organizing my thoughts just now then I will start with the photo shoots. I borrowed a tripod so I can get really good photos.

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

Jan, I am very excited about you doing this for us. Thanks you so much for sharing your time and talents. I was reading your instructions for putting the wax on and could feel it! Thanks, Sue BTW, Jo wax is easier cause you can add and subtract and it doesn't smear like frosting! How are you?

Crossville, TN

Sue....I just failed "Cake Decorating Class"!! But my 2 DD's did GREAT!! So if I need a cake I know who to go to....Jo

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

Just use a good chocolate frosting and nobody cares how it looks!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

hehe isn't that the truth.
I am still in the work up mode for the tutorial but it will be coming. Thanks for the interest and any suggestions will be graciously accepted.
Jan

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I suspect we'll find that beeswax, like frosting, covers a multitude of sins.

Mesilla Park, NM

I am so excited that you are putting this tutorial together. I have a ton of mini gourds and would love to try it some of those, so I won't get discouraged. I figure a little one I might be able to do.

Where can we buy the sheet or bees wax?

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

www.glorybeefoods.com
They sell all kinds of bee products and they have a wonderful catologue that is just full of great stuff.
I am waiting on a gourd that is coming that I will use for the tutorial. Not sure how this is going to go but I will give it a try.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I got their catalog in the mail a few weeks ago . . . LOTS of stuff in it

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images