Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Recipes: Looking for a brownie recipe

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 3, Views: 109
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patchwork
Pleasant Hill, TN

September 10, 2001
11:23 AM

Post #12976

Looking for a recipe that is made like a brownie without chocolate. Contained cardamom in the bread and in the syrup.
This was absolutely delicious but I lost the recipe.

I made the batter put it in a foil lined pan, cooked for 15 mins. at (I think 450) then poured the syrup over the bread and cooked (at a lower temp.) for 35 to 45 mins.

Does anyone by any chance happen to know of this recipe?
Been looking for it for years.
Thanks,
Helen
CoCo

September 10, 2001
2:46 PM

Post #124786

Boy, Patchwork, wish I could help you out on this one. It sounds good but never heard of anything made like you instructed. Did you try and go on the search engine to see if by chance you might find it there? That might help. I will keep looking through my books here to see what I can come up with. Is it an American recipe or foreign? That would help as well if I knew if the recipe came from another country. I know a few people have looked at your post,me included earlier. Let me see what I can find and maybe someone out there has that recipe for you. Hope so, cause I would like to try that myself. Sounds good. Be patient and maybe someone will find what you are looking for but in the mean time, try the search engine and if you do find it, please post it for us if you would.
All My Best
CoCo
patchwork
Pleasant Hill, TN

September 10, 2001
6:02 PM

Post #124926

I have searched every search engine I could find. All I can remember was that it was in a magazine, and we used to have it at our grade school.

Don't remember what magazine and my then husband trashed the magazine. This is melt in your mouth delicious. I kick myself everytime I think about losing that one.

Don't know if it is foreign or not. Oh, well maybe someone will have it someday and then I am going to post it everywhere.
Deeeelicious
karenmarie
Fall River, MA
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2001
5:44 PM

Post #142702

you want a brownie recipe? this is the BEST! the nuts are essential (you can use pecans instead of walnuts -- mmm mmm good!) otherwise the brownies are flat and heavy and not particularly good ... enjoy!
Karen's Nana's Brownies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4 squares unweetened chocolate 2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) 1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, at room temperature 1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts

Melt chocolate and butter.

Beat eggs well with salt.

Add sugar to beaten eggs, then melted mixture and vanilla.

Add flour and nuts.

Bake in wax-paper lined 9x13 pan for 30 minutes

let cool, dump out of pan, cut into squares ... ooh i think i'll jump up and go make some now!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America