Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: When Seed Selling Was A Seedling - a brief history of mail order seeds in the United States: Catalog Education

Communities > Forums > Article: When Seed Selling Was A Seedling - a brief history of mail order seeds in the United States
bookmark
Forum: Article: When Seed Selling Was A Seedling - a brief history of mail order seeds in the United StatesReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Noturf
Marquesas Islands
Polynesia (French)

January 26, 2009
10:45 AM

Post #6052223

Seed catalogs have always attracted my attention. Besides the plant information, botanical name, pictures, art work, one develops a critical focus. Which catalogs are better? Which plants are really different from what most have? The quality of the paper, size of print, all
these elements distinguish one from the other.

Your article has reminded me of the great pleasure of looking many times at this great source of information, free most of the time. I will not write about my failings with tomatoes, now
I am a mostly beans man.

A bright, well written piece. Congratulations.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2009
1:58 PM

Post #6052531

Thank you. I imagine you would have different concerns where you live. Most seed catalogs - particularly those I mentioned - are not geared toward your climate! You will have different issues than the bean farmer in Minnesota, of course. And unfortunately, a lovely catalog does not guarantee a lovely plant, as we've all learned.

In my corner of the world we've been saying "stay warm" to each other for nearly a month now, but I guess you don't have that problem (she typed jealously)! Stop by again, and thanks for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: When Seed Selling Was A Seedling - a brief history of mail order seeds in the United States Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice! LarryR 8 Jan 27, 2009 1:49 AM
Seeds phicks 3 Jan 13, 2011 3:13 PM
Back to the Future cando1 1 Jan 27, 2009 2:34 AM
Wheelchair comment alinehuey 1 Jan 28, 2009 3:21 PM
Reknowned Anna_Marty 1 Jan 29, 2009 6:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America