Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Teardrop In My Eye: Love them hills

Communities > Forums > Article: Teardrop In My Eye
bookmark
Forum: Article: Teardrop In My EyeReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sunflower1888
Manassas, VA

February 3, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #6085328

I grew up vacationing in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Every summer we would spend a few days at the Peaks of Otter Lodge near Bedford, VA, right on the Blue Ridge Parkway. What a beautiful, serene place. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a thing of beauty. The views from the overlooks are spectacular.

I remember once we stopped to stretch our legs. Not far off the parkway was a creekbed. The rocks in the creek were covered with what looked like Monarch butterflies. They might have been a different species but were orange and black in color. They were resting on the rocks and fluttering around the creek. I've never seen anything like it before. It was breathtaking.

Beautiful photo you included of the rose.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

February 3, 2009
2:27 AM

Post #6085738

Hey there Sunflower,

Thank you for sharing that memory. It is those moments that matter most in life. There is a beauty in the natural world that cannot be duplicated. It is important to get out there and see it and take part in preserving it. That image of those butterflies will be with you for the rest of your life and what an image to carry with you.

That is a beautiful photo and the photographer has been given a link to the article so he will definitely appreciate your kind words.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Blessings,
Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Teardrop In My Eye Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another inspiring article! bsavage 10 Feb 3, 2009 2:20 AM
I can't walk by a lovely plant, either! Bookerc1 1 Jan 30, 2009 1:26 AM
Your article makes me want to move there Aunt_A 6 Sep 12, 2011 7:14 PM
NC Mtns. always make me cry! sandcastlesinFL 1 Feb 2, 2009 10:25 PM
Tearddrop In My Eye Gootchie 1 Feb 3, 2009 2:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America