Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HoosierGreen
Danville, IN

February 3, 2009
9:47 PM

Post #6089054

Found this summary of Chicago winter weather. Since my daughter lives there, I thought I'd pass this along to all you hardy souls from the Windy City.

CHICAGO TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60 F: Arizonans shiver uncontrollably; people in Chicago sunbathe.

50 F: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat; people in Chicago plant gardens.

40 F: Italian & English cars won't start; people in Chicago drive with the windows down.

32 F: Distilled water freezes; Lake Michigan 's water gets thicker.

20 F: Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and wool hats; people in Chicago throw on a flannel shirt.

15 F: New York landlords finally turn up the heat; people in Chicago have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0 F: All the people in Phoenix die. Chicagoans close the windows.

10 below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico . The Girl Scouts in Chicago are selling cookies door to door.

25 below zero: Hollywood disintegrates; people in Chicago get out their winter coats.

40 below zero: Washington DC runs out of hot air; people in Chicago let the do gs sleep indoors.

100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Chicagoans get frustrated because they can't start 'da car.'

460 below zero: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin s cale); people in Chicago start saying, 'cold 'nuff for ya?'

500 below zero: Hell freezes over. The Cubs win the World Series

duck_toller
Middleton, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 4, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #6090479

very cute. My sister lives WAY down south in Chicago. (smile) I'll have to send this to her. Thank you.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
12:18 AM

Post #6117008

Oh heavens... that is funny.

I've pretty much lived here all my life, so i can relate to some of that.

it was a year or so ago... even when it was in the 20's - i slept with my windows open.
and eyes, we do BBQ in the winter some times.

love the hell freezes over and the Cubs in the Series. What a hoot.
jcoakley
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2009
4:36 AM

Post #6122689

Very cute! Especially since it actually did hit 60 F here today, and I and the kids WERE outside trying to get a little sun all afternoon! ;) We use the grill year-round as well (unless the snow is piled too high on top of it)!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
1:58 PM

Post #6123490

Yesterday I put out a lawn chair cushion and laid on the back patio for a while... OH that sun felt good!! Of course, it's raining and foggy now.

Forgot to add...

it was so nice to open all the windows and doors, turn the heat off [which it still is] and get some fresh air.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2009 7:59 AM
textilis
Saint Paul, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 12, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6129019

Very funny!
Imagine it another 400 miles north in Minnesota...
We're a hardy bunch up here!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America