Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: How a Bird Watching Forum Helped Me Survive the Winter: Thanks, Marna!

Communities > Forums > Article: How a Bird Watching Forum Helped Me Survive the Winter
bookmark
Forum: Article: How a Bird Watching Forum Helped Me Survive the WinterReplies: 9, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

February 7, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6105213

Very well done article, Marna. You covered every aspect of the Bird Forum. I'm sure it will bring us new members to contribute pictures and stories.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2009
1:26 PM

Post #6105345

Super--fun read, Beautiful layout. Cute list of requests to the birds!!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6105411

Thanks GP, Sally and cute bunting!

irisMA

irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

February 7, 2009
4:50 PM

Post #6106265

I hope the birds took a reading course so they can follow instructions. Great information on the different parts of the Bird forum.
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2009
6:42 PM

Post #6106704

Thank you for a great story: I too hate winter and you reminded me of how many more birds we can see then! I'll have to visit the Bird forum more...
dellrose
The Ozarks, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 7, 2009
10:15 PM

Post #6107279

Great article Marna...I really enjoyed reading it! The birds have also kept me busy during this long and sometimes dreary winter. I am so looking forward to Spring migration and the arrival of the new birds especially the Hummers! Thanks for making the forum so much fun...if I had a penny for every time you've made me laugh I would be be a millionaire!!

The birds read your letter and here is their response...

Thumbnail by dellrose
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2009
12:31 AM

Post #6107807

Aw, those stinkers really know how to cheer me up! It's the primary color birds!

I'm ready for spring too. I miss the white-crowned and white-throated sparrows that are all hiding in your brush pile.

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

February 8, 2009
3:45 AM

Post #6108471

Hey Marna wonderful article, so well summed up. I agree, the bird forum is a great place, to spent those dreary winter days. Keep up the good work.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2009
3:48 AM

Post #6108493

Thanks Burn! I know you are always up to your eyeballs in snow out there. You have some fantastic birds to cheer you up though!
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
3:17 PM

Post #6146283

Wonderful article, I do so enjoy looking in on the birdwatching forum every day, and I've learned so much about our feather friends.
Thanks for your great work.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How a Bird Watching Forum Helped Me Survive the Winter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful Article! pelletory 8 Feb 17, 2009 1:44 AM
Love it! Aunt_A 1 Feb 8, 2009 2:49 AM
Really great Article, Marna! GrannyGrunt 1 Feb 9, 2009 2:57 PM
Bird Watching Helped Me Survive the Wint Sceloporous 1 Jan 8, 2011 5:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America