Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Garden Expo Feb 13-15

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

The latest details are online now

http://www.wpt.org/gardenexpo/

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

I'll be there Saturday for sure.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Me too, jasmerr. Lot's to see and learn and hopefully no bad weather this year!

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm going too! Need a break from this dreary winter. And I am in a shopping mood :)

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll definitely be there! Don't know that I have much money for shopping, but I like anything that makes me think SPRING. :)

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Did anyone make it to the Garden Expo? I didn't see anyone.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I was there...but you guys wouldn't know me yet. :)

It was so incredibly crowded Saturday morning/afternoon that I'm sure I didn't see half of what I could have, or would have liked to. I'm kind of phobic about large crowds, and when they get thick I start to have panic attacks. I had no idea the place would be so packed. I guess a lot of people are ready for spring!

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

I was there!! I bought some chocolate mint, thyme, and lavendar. And some jalapeno honey :)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh crap I missed the whole thing.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I missed it too.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

I was there. Did anyone try to attend the seminars? I'm sure it's hard for the expo organizers to judge how many people may attend, but getting into a lot of those was difficult. Seats filled up fast and standing room only filled up fast. Plus I heard there were fire marshals on patrol to bust those lurking in doorways. They may need need to look at the possibility of having people "pre-register" in order to plan better or look at moving the event to someplace with more (bigger) meeting rooms. Not that I plan to stop going...I'm too desperate for spring by this time of year and the Garden Expo is a much-needed "fix" for me.
I did go to some demos and actually learned a lot on tending the gardener and seed starting.

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Quoting:
Not that I plan to stop going..

LOL! Same here, kraehill, but I was disappointed to miss out on three seminars because they were full. I think Saturday was one of the biggest crowds I have ever seen, and I have been going for several years now. I think we should send comments to wpt.org. Maybe they can figure out something different for future Expos.

I have read several articles lately mentioning the increase in home vegetable gardens when the economy is bad; I believe it from the crowd at the Expo.

My favorite seminars were one with Nancy Momsen on microgreens and Terry Hollembaek on "Inside Out Gardens". Both Nancy and Terry are from Nancy's Meadow Herbs.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

The only seminar I went to was the one on hostas (good for me, since I have a lot of shade at my new place). Turned out the lecturer talked mostly about Japanese-style garden design principles and very little about hostas (although he showed a slide presentation of a bunch of varieties at the end of his talk). Wasn't quite what I expected, although the lecturer was a good speaker.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

jasmer, I was thinking the same thing about trying to give some constructive feedback...I'll see what I can find

PICKETT, WI(Zone 5a)

I went Sat & Sun. I should have looked here first, so I could meet you all. Did anyone go to the talk about Hummingbirds? The husband/wife speakers gave a great presentation.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.