Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Graptopetalums, Pachyphytums and their hybrids: Echeveria look-alikes: Hardiest Echeverioidea

Communities > Forums > Article: Graptopetalums, Pachyphytums and their hybrids: Echeveria look-alikes
bookmark
Forum: Article: Graptopetalums, Pachyphytums and their hybrids: Echeveria look-alikesReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
peejay12
Porthleven, Helston,
United Kingdom
(Zone 9b)

February 8, 2009
7:17 PM

Post #6110640

Wonderful article and superb photos.

I live in Cornwall, UK, and am trying to find the hardiest species and hybrids of Echeveria,
Graptopetalum, Pachyphytum, Pachysedum etc.
It is very difficult to get any useful help from people in UK.

Because of the wet gloomy climate here, plants cannot endure as much frost as in the US, so they need to be hardy down to about -8C (16F). The climate is rather like NW of the USA.

I wonder if anyone, especially people in north California and Oregon, can suggest any plants please?

Thanks.
Sincerely
Peejay

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 7:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 7:38 PM

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2009
7:29 PM

Post #6110678

wow... I don't know any that can survive those temps.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Graptopetalums, Pachyphytums and their hybrids: Echeveria look-alikes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gorgeous plants... podster 1 Sep 4, 2008 10:47 PM
Wonderful article and pictures. Gensan 0 Sep 9, 2008 4:45 PM
Lots of info and photos!! jamlover 0 Sep 13, 2008 8:50 AM
Thank you vanessa_c 0 Jan 29, 2009 6:09 PM
brown purply one left to be ID'd waterwisegirl 1 Feb 23, 2009 1:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America