Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR VALENTINES CAFE

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 93, Views: 438
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2009
2:48 PM

Post #6114414

Well hearts afire, where is everyone?

ROSIE IS RED
VIOLETS IS BLU
IM IN THE CAFE AND
MISSIN THE STUFFINGS OUT OF EWE!!!

Signed yer rednec lover
OX!

Now whoooo put that note on Plantgeeks table???!!!

This message was edited Feb 9, 2009 8:53 AM

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2009
4:48 PM

Post #6115038

Never been known for my warm and fuzzy thoughts,
Candy and valentine cards, none have I boughts;
But to my dear friends here in the garden,
My bad manners will you please pardon;
Just know that with none of you do I pretend
You are my dearest most treasured friends!

Happy Valentines Day to each and every one of you the finest folks this side and that side of the world!

Candee
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2009
5:09 PM

Post #6115173

Awwww! Here have a cuppa!

Soo morning Candee, hows things in your neck of paradise?

Right now we got partly sunny partly rainy...the snow has melted, but boy, its soggybottoms walking in the bog here!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2009
5:27 PM

Post #6115250

Let's just say you don't want to walk around w/o your rubbers, it is mushy here. No more snow and unseasonably warm and a mooshy, smooshy ground around.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2009
7:55 PM

Post #6115881

Well, I have been stuck in the office again, cataloging more seed, developing pictures and trying to put out more spring knick knacks and just trying to undepress myself.

The sun decided to come out and stay so that is helping and well, things are on a roll.

Wonder where everyone is today! Must be tired from their wild sleighride yesterday!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 9, 2009
9:49 PM

Post #6116329

O you big ox ,
I'm all aflutter
from words like that
smooth as peanut butter. Ack ack ack... opps forgot about that salmonela problem...

Aww shucks Candee. I'm all gooshy now. Here, have a posy to sweeten up yer nosey.

In honor of V-day, I made a red velvet cake, chocolate covered strawberries and cherry pie. And then for dessert, lol, here is raspberry trifle. Dig in y'all.

The weather is very surreal here, near 70 degrees, 2 foot snow piles in parking lots. It's the end of the world! Run Forrest, run!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #6117610

What a nice poem Candy! Happy Valentines to you too. . .as well as to everyone here!

Plantgeek, you're hilarious! Love the poem. . .salmonella and all. Thanks for the sweets. Thought I'd bring some chocolate liquor to celebrate as well.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #6117770

Oh my, the party is again just starting! Cannot wait to see what is to come!

More mulling spice tea here.. anyone!

Oh and Karma, choc-laaaate!!!!! (in voice of Homer Simpson!! arrgle gargle gimme!!) YUM!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6119243

Hey Karma, seems like every time I see you I somehow wind up dancin on a table somewhere and then get a whooping from Terri for misbehavin again, oh well, least somebody can put that booze to good use!
Thanks for the sweets and treats as always geek, believe it or not I have never tasted red velvet cake, just something about that color that sends up flags!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
2:31 PM

Post #6119441

Yo geek, time for a recipe!! tear down the flags!! LOL!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 10, 2009
4:00 PM

Post #6119833

hi all
happy V-day
it like spring here
egg any one
the animal go one by one
to take in the sun
does that make sence?
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #6119866

Nice to see you so chipper elle, of course it makes sense, the animals are all having a sunshine party for a change.
Okey dokey will have some of that cake now!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
5:58 PM

Post #6120270

Good morning ladies!

It is 55 degrees here and sunny, DO WE DARE SAY...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
11:25 PM

Post #6121450

Well, geek is still working on that dessert!!! I got the salad bar open, c'mon up!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
11:30 PM

Post #6121469

Dont forget the fried chicken and pork! E-yum!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 11, 2009
1:27 AM

Post #6121943

hey
do not say fry chicken in front of my hen
lol
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2009
5:32 AM

Post #6122802

Blossom and Candee - nifty lines of rhymes there. Poetry has never been my forte, so I will not even attempt any.

Thanks everyone for the goodies. Karma - I like liquors - the sweeter the better..
Elle - you just have to cover your chickens ears and eyes. Not sure I have ever looked closely at a chicken to see where the ears are LoL.

Sue - are you okay where you are? My sense of geography is almost as bad as my sense of poetry, so I had to look up where Coffs Harbour is in relation to where the newspapers have been reporting on the devastating fires in the southern part of Australia. I am relieved to see that you are pretty far from where the bulk of the damages are, so I hope that your area is OK.
Hope to hear from you soon - just so that we know how you are.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
11:50 AM

Post #6123144

My hens either elle!! LOL! Lest we call them late for dinner!

Maybe thats why mine aint laying!! There chicken chickens?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
12:15 PM

Post #6123191

Special for elle today is my bunlessCHEburger, chips and a huge strawberry shake! Bread is on the way if you want.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
12:17 PM

Post #6123195

Heres your dinner, elle! Hope its ok!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
1:00 PM

Post #6123300

blossom, that is a real nice arrangement you got there. Did you make it yourself?
lol elle, your chicks don't need to worry with you in charge!
Dianne no need to even think about the poetry you are the dancer in this family remember?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #6123828

Thanks haighr, why yes I did. Finally getting to pull spring things out and welcome in the better weather. Still looking for those silly McCoys...!

Just got news this AM people down in Oklahoma had a rough night with tornadoes...Just talked to my DH and he was in that area a few days ago, actually left OK, yesterday.. thank God he has left there. They said 8 people got killed, buildings and trees, power down. What a mess. Yup, SPRING is coming in with a vengence when it starts raining frogs.

Check theirs...ugh

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/severe_weather

Hope you are fairing fine this AM. I just got done slogging from the chicken coop and am looking to take my muckers off. Im done playing outside for a few hours.

Hey elle, how you fairing.. hear that nasty weather come your way and headed to TN.. as usual and right up the "alley"...

Terri, case you do not know what the Alley is, its the space in our midwest states that tordanoes generally seem to be... wlthough the weather can happen elsewhere...we live in the what is called the Alley.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 11, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6123875

hi all
we are doing fine
wet and mudding
i hope every o9ne in ok
are doing better today
we miss the worst of the storm
it just raing here
thank you for the dinner
the hen house is flood but the our on there roost
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6123968

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090211/ts_alt_afp/usweathertornado_20090211132557

That web is another report on Oklahoma... terri, there is a map. YOu can see the state of Oklahoma. Where they placed the word Washington... draw a line from the stat of Oklahoma to that letter W and that is sort of where the alley is and often the path of travel.

Read the thread on that website, you will get a better idea!

Elle glad you and yours are well and good.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #6124198

Awwwwww Jeez! Someones mail keeps coming to my box!!
Hehehe! Now I wunner who dat be!

Hey Geek, hows that velvety cake coming??? droool!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #6124377

Just popping in to tell everyone that Sue is safe and sound and out of harms way down under.

Also wanted to let you know that Terri will be away for a few days as well, so we must carry on ourselves, sure we will do a splendid job in her absence.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
5:41 PM

Post #6124407

Well, no word from the geek... she must have had the stormy weather there too and its still going on... I know TN and KY are getting it and we are in line again...

My power is flicking here so I am sure we will be getting hit with some more storms,, but it is not raining now so I best go batton down the chicken coop... Later... sorry to leave you alone...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
6:58 PM

Post #6124721

Hopin to hear from geek soon and as for you blossom, got batton down the hatches and hang on to your hat
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 11, 2009
8:58 PM

Post #6125250

Storms, fires, ice and snow
I'm wishing them all to go
and leave my friends in peace,
a sweet springtime release.
May they soon see flowers grow
as trees burst out in verdant glow
and rainbows arc in bluing skies
to welcome back the butterflies.

bse

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 11, 2009
11:12 PM

Post #6125805

Well holy hoohahs Batman! Here we go again with bad weather- 40 to 70 mph winds. The lights are flickering, trees are crashing down, tornado watches everywhere. Wanted to check in quick before lights go out. So far so good. Better get off computer for now.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
11:54 PM

Post #6125966

Whoooosh! THAR she blows!
Time to put on those RUBY RED slippers!
Looks like we are off to see the Wizaaaarrrrrdddd!

Yo geek, how fer are ya from London??? Thats London KY?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 12, 2009
10:16 AM

Post #6127484

Gosh, it looks like we're in for a great year weatherwise!
I hope everyone is ok.
Floods, fires, storms and such~!
What are you all doing for valentines?
I booked hubby and I in for dinner at a cafe out in the country. They have a band on the night and are licensed to sell...ALCOHOL! (mmmm yummy, lip smacking)
I also booked us in to a cabin overnight, so we don't have to drive home on the country roads! (good thinking hmmm?)
We just had some good rain, so hopefully will have some flowers to arrange tomorrow!
Else I'll be cutting some foliage.
I hope this finds you all well?
Sue
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #6127870

Morning, well, we are just trying to keep our feet on the ground.
Dont know yet were we will be for the 14th. Clicking out heels and hoping its home.

I know there will not be any booze and karousing here.. as usual, we are the designated drivers.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 12, 2009
2:38 PM

Post #6128017

i am working
dave will be watching tv or doing work on his cp
trying to think what i can take to my people for val
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 12, 2009
2:56 PM

Post #6128080

Sue! So good to hear from you. Glad you are ok. That is quite a tremendous fire. It's good to see such tremendous generousity to go along with it.

Sounds like you and hubby will have a great evening. Cheers to romance!
DW and myself are doing the diner and a movie thing, then leaving the rest to spontaneity.

Blossom, love the red sneakers. I think London, Ky. is close to the central Tennesee border, at least a couple of hours from here.
We made it thru the night, once again unscathed, thanks to the forces that be or to simple luck. The Ohio Valley is know for flip-flopping weather, but the extremety and frequency of it has most definitely increased over the past few years.
3 wks ago, temps were so frigid, the next week, we had the big ice storm, the week after that, temps hit near 70 and we had tornado watches (the 2nd winter in a row). I'm stocking up on canned goods as we speak. lol
Seriously though, the climate everywhere is changing due to our mismanagement of things. I won't get on a soapbox. Instead, I'll continue to collect canned beans, find a cave and scribble my pencil down to a nub while boys fight each other over the last drop of oil.
Y'all can come stay around my wood fire and roast wild yams. lol
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 12, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #6128118

Candee, thanks for letting us know about Sue and Terri.

Karma, yummers on the chocolate drinks! I love Kaluah. Try some in a milkshake.

Zany, good to hear from you and thanks for such wonderful thoughts for us. Hope Bob is well and you are able to take long walks with your pooch, splash a little sun on your face and listen to trees talk.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2009
3:48 PM

Post #6128312

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for the beautiful poems, cards and Valentine arrangements, much appreciated here!
Love your kettle Blossom, keep making the tea and coffee, our latte machine has been broken for months!!!

Here's some fresh fruit for my dearest friends at the cafe' . Stay healthy everyone.

Thumbnail by terriculture

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #6128473

Oh Terri that is lovely! Dibs on the pineapple eh! Glad you are back!

Elle. I had 2 eggs yesterday, looks like one of the leghorn gals decided to get on the stick and one of my EE gals gave a lovely green egg too! Dont work too hard

Sue, yes, was not ignoring you!! GLad all is going better too. YOur land of OZ sure has had its go!

Zany, love your poem!!

Geek, glad your here! The DH was in London last night and said it was horribly windy there with the sirens going off and all that rot. I spent the morning at home picking up roofing shingles in the garden.. Jeez, nature still has not let me clean up after the ice storm! Good thing I found the ruby reds for him, now he can click his heels too and come home!

Well, gotta go check whats cooking! Hows that scrummie cake of yours coming! Looking forward to doing those dishes! Hint hint for the recipe!!

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 10:45 AM

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 12, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #6128575

Hey everyone, I sold a poem and bought a new latte machine for the cafe.
And I even had enough money left over for a bag of Sumatra Blue Batak beans. Please indulge yourselves.

One red velvet cake ready for slicing.

Terri, glad your'e back. Thanks for the delicious fruit! Just what I needed. And so pretty too.

Blossom, glad your hubby is safe. Can you whip up a pair of those shoes for each of us? We may need them lol
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6128621

WHY SHURE NUFF! LOL!! But only if them slippers look alike!! Sure can...heres yours!

Next...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6128643

Oops, forgot the Majik Wand thingee!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 12, 2009
5:01 PM

Post #6128691

hi all
i think i will make val time cookies
with red iceing
house cleaning to day
i went to work yesterday
they call me in
i was make peanut butter cookies
took some with me all gone
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
5:41 PM

Post #6128891

Morning Elle,

Oh thank you for the peanut butter cookies, my fav!! *burp*!
Pardon me, but now there is room for more!

Here are your slippers

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2009
8:33 PM

Post #6129596

Nice one Plantgeek, I told you! you would be famous for your poems one day!
Thanks for the brand new shiny latte machine, it looks really grand!! Can't wait to try the funky beans!
It will go down nicely with the red velvet slice, yummmmmm. Thanks on the fruity thing!!

Red slippers for me please Blossom! Thank you kindly !!!! I don't want to miss out on those LOL!
Glad you liked the fruit, Thanks!

elle, I'm looking forward to the Valentine cookies with red icing, they sound gooooood!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2009
9:38 PM

Post #6129861

One pair of red slippers coming up!!

Abracadabrah! Whoosh!

Special delivery just for you!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 12, 2009
10:38 PM

Post #6130170

LOL!!, thats so funny Blossom! now I can follow the yellow brick road!!
It may lead to Plantgeeks wood fire and the roasted wild yams!

Sue, your Valentine plans sound wonderful, have a lovely time!
Ya never know, I might get a date for dinner ... LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 13, 2009
12:21 AM

Post #6130699

Oooweee, what purdy slippers! Thanks Blossom. You rock. I may wear them for V-day and whisk DW and me away on an adventure somewhere.

Elle, I LOVE your cookies. Can I have another please? Cookies with icing are soooo good.

Terri, if no one is smart enough to ask you out, shame on them. And they aren't worth the bother anyway, so there. Besides, you have your majik slippers. Click, click, click and you are off to The Land of Appreciation, where you can snag up someone who will be grateful for your company, then, alongs comes Mr. Make-Your-Eyes-Roll-Into-The Back-of-Your -Head-Sex. Then, after a cigarette, Mr. Intelligent Conversation calls you the next day.
So there ya go.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2009
2:14 AM

Post #6131269

LOL!!!!

Thank you for the slippers Blossom!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6131377

You are all so welcome...wheeew, I am so dizzy with all the majik! Must sleep, sleeep. sleeeeeep!

Boink! (hitting head on keyboard...darnit, the airbag did not work again!!...ouch... bump bump buuuump... ZZZZZZZ!)

Off to lala-land!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2009
3:35 PM

Post #6133083

Zany thanks so much for the poem of encouragement that things will get better and we will all soon enjoy the butterflies.
Glad you KY folks got through all the wind and horrendous weather, we had really high winds here for the past 2 days, stuff blowing all over the place.
Sue sounds like you got the day all under control, sure you will kick up a storm and have a great time. Sounds cozy as well.
Happy Valentine to all my gardening friends!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2009
4:04 PM

Post #6133219

Hello Live from New York, where the weather is a joke,
the Man said it was raining, but in snow is were I poke!
Love - your big ox...

PS - The map it says its white in Nebraska...
>>--------->

Awww aint that just grand, the DH says I am in for a blow...
Will probably will get rain, even though they say snow...

(Looks like the runway is ... ?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning Haighr...will open the shoe factory later today.. I am out of supplies and have to manually go get them.. seems to be a prob with the majik wand today.. Must be, its FRIDAY the 13th!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 13, 2009
5:14 PM

Post #6133480

Thanks Candee. It has been quite the ride. Here, I'll lend you my hard hat. Sounds like you need it. I even painted it pank to match your doo.

Blossom, you can borrow my pank shovel, or umbrella. Take your pick. After all the variety of weather here, I keep a full toolshed. lol
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 13, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #6134085

hi all
thank for the shoes
take all the cookies you want
more is coming
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 13, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #6134367

Oh goody! Mmmmph...mmmmm...thanks Elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 13, 2009
8:58 PM

Post #6134398

Hey!!!!!! WHO ate all the cookies????

Guess I will have to wait for the fresh cookies coming next. tee hee!!

This message was edited Feb 13, 2009 9:01 PM
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 13, 2009
9:12 PM

Post #6134462

Hehehehe. Here, you can have the one I stuffed into my pocket.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2009
9:30 PM

Post #6134534

Yo, Geek, I will take both the shovel and the umbrella if you dont mind... I think will need them for crutches...Im sidelined for a bit on the shoe factory so anyone else in line.. your gonna have to wait! Shoe factory closed.. the weekend is another, a-hem holiday. Be back Tuesday!

Haighr, your next in line for the ruby reds! So sorry about the delay! Remind me where I left off!

Oh, terri, this is the blacklight froggie in real time! Catch you in the cyber thread later too! YOu already seen it there!! LOL!

AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL incase I am not able to see ya'll tomorrow!

Friday the 13th, dun me in.

Zzzzzzz.z...z..zzzzz...boink. DANG THAT AIR BAG...It still not workign.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 13, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6135091

hi all
here my val time give from my dh
purple tulips
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2009
2:56 AM

Post #6135956

Thanks for saving me a cookie Plantgeek, the added fluff from your pocket made an unusual topping !!!

Blossom! Thank you for the lovely heart of flowers, it's beautiful. Have a Happy Valentines, hope you get to see Hubby!

elle, Thanks for sharing your lovely tulips! Your dh is early, Lucky you!

Hi everyone and lurkers! Hope everyone has a nice Valentines day with someone special!
I'm hanging up some love heart lights for all the sweethearts and good friends at the cafe'
Valentines Happy Hour will be free lurve cocktails for the ladies!!!!!! and (maybe Steven) LOL

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2009
1:08 PM

Post #6136946

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 14, 2009
2:42 PM

Post #6137274

Elle, beautiful tulips! You have a very thoughtful hubby.

Blossom, the toolshed is open. Help yourself to whatever you need for as long as you need. Have a fantabulous weekend, take your vitamins and have too much fun.

LOL Terri. I found another cookie in my alpaca wool sweater. Makes for an interesting texture. Nice and warm too.
Pretty lights. You sure know how to set the stage.

Gotta go slop some paint around now. Whoohoo! Work is finally trickling back.
Y'all have a great day, and enjoy the choc. covered cherries I made.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 14, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #6137311

hi all
my dh is eariey because i have too work today
so we did every thing yesterday
a good day
kind of cool today but warmer day are coming
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2009
10:32 PM

Post #6139290

Thanks for the choc covered cherries Plantgeek! Hope you have a great evening!

elle, nice you had your Valentine early with Hubby.

I had a nice surprise getting some chocolates, flowers, nice card, and we went out to dinner. I wasn't expecting anything!!!
Saved you all some chocolates, tuck in!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2009
10:40 PM

Post #6139333

Bringing in the flowers too!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 14, 2009
10:47 PM

Post #6139370

Have fun everyone!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 15, 2009
1:34 AM

Post #6139907

A little bit late, but happy Valentines day everyone!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 15, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6141257

Delicious food and desserts. The fruit bar was amazing and loved the assortment of flowers too. What a great place for all creative minds to gather. Hope you all had a great valentines day.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 15, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6141735

Wow, so many beautiful displays. Y'all rock. Weedy, I love that candle holder. It's very unique.

Karma, good to hear from you. I hope things are settling down there. I was in your city in the early eighties for a short time (not Mardi Gras), did the rounds in French Quarter, saw things a girl from a podunk town had never seen before. Had the best coffee, the best food of my life there, let the atmosphere of the place sink into my skin like a dangerous spice. I celebrated my 21st birthday with Flaming Hurricanes and Zombies, while a jazz band swirled notes around my head. The world was still spinning the next morning.
Hats off to New Orleans.

Terri, so you had a unexpected evening. You go girl. Told ya, one never knows...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6142445

Hi everyone!
Sue, your arrangement in the rickshaw is so pretty! Nice to see that for the Chinese New Year celebrations too.
I'll join you for that Baileys, looks so inviting!! Thank you.
Karma, Thanks for the vases of lovely flowers, the tables are filling up nicely. Great to see you today!
Plantgeek, I know, whoo hoo!!! fancy that LOL!

There's loads of threads on cut flowers to look at on my thread watcher today... YAY! love it when that happens!!!

Introducing ' MILKY JOE' our very own milkshake maker!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2009
6:15 PM

Post #6142458

All flavours available... enjoy!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6142545

Well I sure would love to order up the first milkshake there joe - I bet you shake a great one! Splendid addition Terri.
ell, you got quite the romantic guy there along with Sue and Terri and everyone else. Sounds like you all were wined and dined and shined for the special day! Congrats to you and your significant others all are winners!
All the arrangements are so warm and inviting thanks for sharin them at the cafe!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 15, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6142940

hi all
make my cherry
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2009
8:13 PM

Post #6142998

Hi Candee and elle,
Glad you like Milky Joe, Thanks! Milkshakes anytime you like.

'Coconut woman is callin' out' ...lol
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2009
8:47 PM

Post #6143143

Well I finally made you a valentine and hope it cheers everyone even if it is a day late and a dollar short!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 15, 2009
9:32 PM

Post #6143301

Way to go Terri!!! I love milkshakes. Hey Joe, make mine a Kaluha, extra thick please.

Candee, it is never too late for cheer. Thanks for the card.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 15, 2009
10:06 PM

Post #6143417

Oh that is a lovely card Candee, such pretty fresh colours,Thank you!

Thanks Plantgeek, Milky Joe makes any flavour you like, just tell her your desired flavour and squeeze the teat!!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009 12:28 AM
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2009
11:37 PM

Post #6143667

Terry, as usual a stunning and magnifik card and hey Joe, make mine a half and half ...top half banana over chocolate designated driver!YUMMMMM!

Terry, does Joe have a Josefine? Some one had got to be his Valentine partner to make the latte!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #6143673

Lovely card there to Candee, I missed it the first peak, verrrry stunning!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #6143846

Milky Joe is Josephine!! LOL.

It's half term for me, which means I have a week off work. I'm going up north to visit my folks in Liverpool.
They don't have a computer so I will see you all when I get back.

I've made a couple of arrangements for the cafe, so please water them for me while I'm away!!!
The fan...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
12:32 AM

Post #6143877

Will do, Have a grrrreat time in Liverpool...!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

February 16, 2009
6:06 AM

Post #6145230

Ohhh, Terri, I love those wrinkly leaves. he, he, you know how I love to iron!
Lovely card Candee, and Milky Joe, make mine a baileys milkshake thansk, with a scoop of caramel ice cream. Yummmm!
And hey, I'll have you know, it was my idea for dinner and a cabin. Hubby was just along for the ride. He said I had enough flowers in the garden and he wasn't go to pay the exhorbitant prices they were asking for grocery store flowers! I have to make my own entertainment. This is me after one too many wines, while waiting for the meal to arrive (we were seated in an old railway tram). I ate and drank waaaaayyyy too much, and needless to say, there wasn't much romance to be had once I passed out! ROTFLMAO!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009 5:06 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 16, 2009
12:06 PM

Post #6145594

Hehehe, I'm gonna hafta squeeze that teat again and have another shake. lol

Will do Terri. I volunteer to water the flowers while you are away. Love those leaves. What are they? Hope you have a wonderful visit with your folks.

Sue, Sue, Sue, a picture says a thousand words. lol You do look pretty snockered, but very cute. I think you should frame that pic and give it to hubby. He would have to smile every time he saw it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #6145872

Good Mornin' Sue!!! Your eyes are a lovely colour! Your hair has grown!, very cute!!!
Thanks for the message in coins on the table LOL! Glad you had a good time.

It's good Milky Joe is busy, keep squeezing that teat for your shakes! Thanks!

Good Mornin' Plantgeek!!! Thanks for volunteering to be chief waterer, Blossom will be checking you actually do it!! The wrinky leaves are Aspidistra, they got the accordian style leaf maniputation treatment. ( a wire taped onto the back of the leaf and bent into shape) !!!
I have had those leaves since Christmas! They are a bit past it now so wrinkling them up seemed appropriate LOL!

I'm going tomorrow, (still here today)!! Better go and throw some stuff in my bag!
Have a bright day everyone!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6145886

another one to water! Been cutting the flowers short so they will last longer.
It's a shame I'm going away when I have loads of flowers at the moment!!! thats life!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
4:23 PM

Post #6146536

Simply marvelous Terri, I believe I like this last one the best but they are all fab as always.
Sue even snockered you are just too cute! Been there done that myself and just so you had fun is all that matters.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #6146595

More flowers, terri, we got help to water...!

hmmmm.. cutting them short.. is that a new trick? Never heard of that!

Morning geek, haighr!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6146604

Hi Candee!
Thank you, so nice of you to say. Are you at work today?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
4:41 PM

Post #6146631

Hi Blossom!, Mornin' !
It does help cutting flowers short to keep them longer. Less stem allows the water to get to the flowers quicker.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6146688

This tin tin arrangement doesn't need watering ... LOL!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
5:31 PM

Post #6146915

Now work today Terri it is a holiday - President's Day. Have a dr appt this afternoon and spent this morning making 2 turkey potpies, one for the freezer and one to pop in the oven for dinner.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
5:57 PM

Post #6147024

Oh I didn't know it was President's Day, enjoy your day off.
Looks like you've been slaving away in the kichen all mornin' LOL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #6147195

Started a new cafe thread here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/953565/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #6147237

Hey terri, can ya take that tin tin to the BOTANICALS CUT AND DRIED forum? We need some down ther.. Man those are gorgeous! Did you curl them your sellf? DO show us how!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

February 16, 2009
11:50 PM

Post #6148576

Blossom, no time now, but will show you when I get back. Just wrap the grasses around the broom handle. Wrap a thin cloth over it and tie with tape or string to keep it in place, until it's dry.

Will see you all at the new cafe' when I get back. Have loads of fun!
Bye Bye !

missing you already LOL!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America