Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Coffee Bean Tree: I enjoyed your article

Communities > Forums > Article: The Coffee Bean Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Coffee Bean TreeReplies: 11, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

onewish1

onewish1
Denville, NJ
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2009
11:27 AM

Post #6118878

going to go make me a cup right now
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 10, 2009
11:41 AM

Post #6118896

I second the enjoying the article part (I don't drink coffee LOL).
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #6119447

Yep, just finished my second cup. MMMM
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #6119911

Hi Ladies...
Yep, second cup for me too. But my article made me aware of the jitters I can easily get, and even when I researched it I thought of all those pots of coffee I used to keep going all day long. I don't know how anyone could be around me then. Of course I was teaching, and ran like a whirlwind anyway, so the coffee probably didn't make much difference.

When we had the ice storm, I stayed with friends who did not drink coffee. That was my excuse for braving the ice and snow and coming home everymorning, well, that and making sure my cats were well and happy!!! But even then, I had to drink instant coffee, and mourned the loss of the old perculator that I used to have.

Thanks for reading the article, and so nice of you to write.
Sharon

dryad57
Scottsburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2009
4:30 PM

Post #6119921

My SO is of Italian descent, so coffee is a food group in our house :) It's so much a part of her life, that one of the little collections we have is odd/unique coffee pots. While I burnt through two Mr. Coffee's in college, I can't drink it any more - that caffeine gets to me too quickly. I do, however, get to make coffee each morning to get Sleepyhead up and going, so the wonderful aroma, and scooping the grounds into the filter, etc., are still very much a part of my morning. Have a sip for me, will you???
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #6119973

Hi Dryad, I am afraid I will have more than one or two sips for you! That's just the way I am. Anything for a friend!

The caffeine hasn't bothered me yet, it's just that I run like a whirlwind most days without it, so you can imagine what an extra cup does for me.

Thank you so much for writing, it is always great fun to hear from you.
Sharon
duchessdreams
Reno, NV

February 11, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #6121690

Great artical. I think the most fun job I've ever had was working at a coffee shop. It was a lot like Cheers with esspresso insead of beer. Only problem was that by mid terms and finals I was drink 12+ shots each morning. Lol. Had to detox on seson breaks.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #6121701

OMG DD...bet you did really well on your mid terms and finals thought!

Thanks for writing. Always nice to hear from you.
Sharon
carolyn_haack
Saint Petersburg, FL

February 16, 2009
12:21 PM

Post #6145613

Thanks for the article. Good coffee is truly a gift, especially one with a nice hearty aroma!

Down here, it is possible to grow coffee trees in a protected location, and I can tell you, they are just beautiful little trees, with divine flowers.

Haven't figured out quite how to process the beans for a delicious cup o' joe, but I'm working on it.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6146628

Hi Carolyn,
Let me know when you learn the process. Not that I could grow them in KY...but I do have a daughter in Fort Lauderdale...hmmmmmmmm.

So nice to hear from you!
Sharon
carolyn_haack
Saint Petersburg, FL

February 16, 2009
5:56 PM

Post #6147020

Sharon, Will do!

Your daughter could definitely grow you some fresh coffee. There's actually a commercial coffee plantation not far from there in Davie.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
5:58 PM

Post #6147031

Yes, she travels through Davie often, though I can't remember much of it. I'll have to check it out next time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Coffee Bean Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Coffee arejay59 5 Feb 11, 2009 2:44 AM
Coffee addicts unite! Hemophobic 10 Feb 11, 2009 4:20 AM
Best LouC 1 Feb 10, 2009 4:38 PM
cuppa joe... Seedtosser1 3 Feb 11, 2009 3:28 AM
Cats, Chocolate ,Coffee cfreid 2 Feb 16, 2009 4:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America